Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gem Gene Heartbreak
1 2
Making new dusthide plans, getting excited about the genes I want to use. Both terts I picked were gem genes!

Tale as old as time, should have checked before scrying...

Veil I expected to be gems, but spore took me by surprise! Goodbye gems...

Although it might be cheaper than my first pick, which was blossom!
Making new dusthide plans, getting excited about the genes I want to use. Both terts I picked were gem genes!

Tale as old as time, should have checked before scrying...

Veil I expected to be gems, but spore took me by surprise! Goodbye gems...

Although it might be cheaper than my first pick, which was blossom!
Flowering Vulpine Plushie Xan ~ he/him/she/her
+3 hrs FR time
same, those are my favourite two dusty genes, so of course they're both gem genes fdkjhskjfd
I will just wait the several weeks until they're really cheap... I know that doesn't work for gene projects though haha
same, those are my favourite two dusty genes, so of course they're both gem genes fdkjhskjfd
I will just wait the several weeks until they're really cheap... I know that doesn't work for gene projects though haha
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
a part of me died when i realized spores and petrified/lode were gem genes...
a part of me died when i realized spores and petrified/lode were gem genes...
NcRl9aq.png
I was also surprised by Spore being a gem gene! I was looking all over for it, I thought it might be a brewable gene, genuinely shocked when I found out it was a gem gene! My first Dusthide project was Display, Lode, Spores so I had to dish out more gems than I was expecting lol
I was also surprised by Spore being a gem gene! I was looking all over for it, I thought it might be a brewable gene, genuinely shocked when I found out it was a gem gene! My first Dusthide project was Display, Lode, Spores so I had to dish out more gems than I was expecting lol
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
petrified lode are gem genes??? the fancy tapir striation????? i'm not saying every gem gene has to be shiny or something but this one is genuinely shocking to me. like wish all over again
petrified lode are gem genes??? the fancy tapir striation????? i'm not saying every gem gene has to be shiny or something but this one is genuinely shocking to me. like wish all over again
bogsneaks are the best breed
I was very confused when I saw the intro post list marketplace genes ang thought they only added treasure genes. Kept looking in the treasure marketplace to find spore and petrified Thought people were buying them up too quickly, went to check the AH and saw some astronomical prices for even a new gene. Luckily I saved up a bunch of gems lol!
I was very confused when I saw the intro post list marketplace genes ang thought they only added treasure genes. Kept looking in the treasure marketplace to find spore and petrified Thought people were buying them up too quickly, went to check the AH and saw some astronomical prices for even a new gene. Luckily I saved up a bunch of gems lol!
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
I feel like staff has been trying to break the mold of what is and isn't a gem gene, which is neat.

Traditionally (to me, anyway) gem genes are visually shiny and mostly un-accented (metalloy, starcon, irishim) while treasure/Baldwin genes are either accented (fla/fla, fade/blend, poi/tox) or just very lowkey (bar, falcon, savannah).

But recently we've gotten harlequin and petrified/lode as gem genes (strongly accented, feel more to me like treasure genes) and spire/wrought as treasure genes (visually shiny, feels to me like gems) (I will be so excited the day these come to moderns and I have a cheap metalloy substitute).

Having said that, petrified/lode def caught me off guard lol
I feel like staff has been trying to break the mold of what is and isn't a gem gene, which is neat.

Traditionally (to me, anyway) gem genes are visually shiny and mostly un-accented (metalloy, starcon, irishim) while treasure/Baldwin genes are either accented (fla/fla, fade/blend, poi/tox) or just very lowkey (bar, falcon, savannah).

But recently we've gotten harlequin and petrified/lode as gem genes (strongly accented, feel more to me like treasure genes) and spire/wrought as treasure genes (visually shiny, feels to me like gems) (I will be so excited the day these come to moderns and I have a cheap metalloy substitute).

Having said that, petrified/lode def caught me off guard lol
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
joining the "wdym pet/lod are gem genes" squad, I thought they were baldwin initially. its a good thing I only like them so-so, dont need another gem gene set bleeding me dry

equally tho im surprised that Antlers is a treasure gene, I also assumed it was gem or at LEAST baldwin/swipp. nope just normal treasure marketplace!
joining the "wdym pet/lod are gem genes" squad, I thought they were baldwin initially. its a good thing I only like them so-so, dont need another gem gene set bleeding me dry

equally tho im surprised that Antlers is a treasure gene, I also assumed it was gem or at LEAST baldwin/swipp. nope just normal treasure marketplace!
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
Yup, alas! I was also sad when I realized Spore is a gem gene. It's really annoying considering that they feel so unfinished without Spore, but it's a very good and very sparkly magical looking gene, so it does actually look like a gem gene. At least ancient genes are a lot cheaper, only costs two Noc eggs :p
Yup, alas! I was also sad when I realized Spore is a gem gene. It's really annoying considering that they feel so unfinished without Spore, but it's a very good and very sparkly magical looking gene, so it does actually look like a gem gene. At least ancient genes are a lot cheaper, only costs two Noc eggs :p
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Saaame. I made the cutest scry of one of my dragons and then when I looked to see how much the genes were I died a little inside. Not only did I pick Spores, I also picked Marlin. I do not have Marlin or Sailfish parchments and the price on them just skyrocketed. I also have really bad coli luck, so... Yeah that project got put on the back-burner with my other many projects collecting dust, lol.
Saaame. I made the cutest scry of one of my dragons and then when I looked to see how much the genes were I died a little inside. Not only did I pick Spores, I also picked Marlin. I do not have Marlin or Sailfish parchments and the price on them just skyrocketed. I also have really bad coli luck, so... Yeah that project got put on the back-burner with my other many projects collecting dust, lol.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
1 2