Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do people not like veilspun? :o
1 2 3 4 5 6
they're just kinda alright for me. as others have pointed out, they don't have much in the way of genes so you're already very limited (although the genes they have ARE pretty good) and also I'm just not the biggest fan of how they're built. I don't like how the male pose hides most of the beautiful hair behind them, the wonky angle of their front feet, and how the top of the frame is relatively empty, the female pose is a lot better but most of what sells me on how veils look (elegant with nice manes with bug-vibes) can be found on at least one other breed that I already like a lot better
they're just kinda alright for me. as others have pointed out, they don't have much in the way of genes so you're already very limited (although the genes they have ARE pretty good) and also I'm just not the biggest fan of how they're built. I don't like how the male pose hides most of the beautiful hair behind them, the wonky angle of their front feet, and how the top of the frame is relatively empty, the female pose is a lot better but most of what sells me on how veils look (elegant with nice manes with bug-vibes) can be found on at least one other breed that I already like a lot better
I love veils! But right now they're the breed with the next fewest amount of genes (after aethers) and they've been around for a while (they were ancient breed #3, released in 2020) so most folks have probably just been tired of what that breed has to offer when compared to newer breeds. They were also a gem breed so there might be some bitterness about that since their scrolls cost 1000 gems, so you can't just gene one up yourself as easily as some other breeds- but that said since they've been around a while they've been bred so much they're pretty affordable to those interested.

But afaik they're still fairly popular? Certainly more popular than say banescales or undertides I feel. I know I still really like them, I picked a bunch up back in feb partly because of the trickmurk gene and partly because I just really really like shadow primal on the m pose and wanted a new avatar for the fest. lol
I love veils! But right now they're the breed with the next fewest amount of genes (after aethers) and they've been around for a while (they were ancient breed #3, released in 2020) so most folks have probably just been tired of what that breed has to offer when compared to newer breeds. They were also a gem breed so there might be some bitterness about that since their scrolls cost 1000 gems, so you can't just gene one up yourself as easily as some other breeds- but that said since they've been around a while they've been bred so much they're pretty affordable to those interested.

But afaik they're still fairly popular? Certainly more popular than say banescales or undertides I feel. I know I still really like them, I picked a bunch up back in feb partly because of the trickmurk gene and partly because I just really really like shadow primal on the m pose and wanted a new avatar for the fest. lol
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I'm probably at least one of the viel dislikers you saw, and honestly I can't even call myself a hater of them.

Speaking objectively as an artist here, the design is solid. They're bug-like while also not going too far into the territory to make anyone uncomfortable. They're also really hitting hard into the "Tinkerbell Fairy" vibes and design choices, which is helped by how small they are, and the long manes are genuinely done right to avoid too much blandness in the design while also keeping it simplier. A perfect addition to the other Shadow breeds

Speaking in my own personal tastes however, I just don't like them. I'm just overall not a huge fan of the Tinkerbell Fairy design choices, and if I can avoid it I probably will.
I'm probably at least one of the viel dislikers you saw, and honestly I can't even call myself a hater of them.

Speaking objectively as an artist here, the design is solid. They're bug-like while also not going too far into the territory to make anyone uncomfortable. They're also really hitting hard into the "Tinkerbell Fairy" vibes and design choices, which is helped by how small they are, and the long manes are genuinely done right to avoid too much blandness in the design while also keeping it simplier. A perfect addition to the other Shadow breeds

Speaking in my own personal tastes however, I just don't like them. I'm just overall not a huge fan of the Tinkerbell Fairy design choices, and if I can avoid it I probably will.
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
I used to dislike veilspun because the long hair grossed me out. I don't know why, just sort of a visceral thing. Since then I've come around on liking specifically female veils with constellation because it just looks so nice. Also there are tons of incredible veilspun skins that I enjoy seeing on others' dragons even though I'm not interested in adding more to my own lair. I do think that veilspuns are the second best example of "weird (positive) design that's only possible on an ancient" (with aberrations being #1). Even though they have the standard number of limbs under the hair, they have a LOT of hair that would massively clip with apparel, and they just read visually as bizarre non-draconic dudes to my eye. Compare with aethers, which technically break the mold due to having six limbs, but two of the limbs are so tiny I didn't notice until they were pointed out fae neck style. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=72&bodygene=145&breed=19&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=96&tertgene=70&winggene=66&wings=27&auth=de315e0699abde7749015350bc2c74e9c8f0dcc4&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I used to dislike veilspun because the long hair grossed me out. I don't know why, just sort of a visceral thing.

Since then I've come around on liking specifically female veils with constellation because it just looks so nice. Also there are tons of incredible veilspun skins that I enjoy seeing on others' dragons even though I'm not interested in adding more to my own lair.

I do think that veilspuns are the second best example of "weird (positive) design that's only possible on an ancient" (with aberrations being #1). Even though they have the standard number of limbs under the hair, they have a LOT of hair that would massively clip with apparel, and they just read visually as bizarre non-draconic dudes to my eye. Compare with aethers, which technically break the mold due to having six limbs, but two of the limbs are so tiny I didn't notice until they were pointed out fae neck style.

dragon?age=1&body=72&bodygene=145&breed=19&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=96&tertgene=70&winggene=66&wings=27&auth=de315e0699abde7749015350bc2c74e9c8f0dcc4&dummyext=prev.png
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I want to like Veilspun more than I already do, but they suffer from having little in terms of general variety. I'm hoping they get the huge boost they need when their gene expansion rolls around.
I want to like Veilspun more than I already do, but they suffer from having little in terms of general variety. I'm hoping they get the huge boost they need when their gene expansion rolls around.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
i love the veilspun :D the way i see it, especially with the amount of options that are on flight rising now, there will always be passionate feelings on both sides - any color, any gene, any breed is bound to be some person's FAVORITE EVER and some other person's WORST EVER EW GROSS, lol. you could have the most perfect dragon according to your tastes, all your favorite genes in the best colors, and that very same dragon would have some other person's LEAST favorite treats all combined into one ultimate ugliness :P and this is true across the board, not just with flight rising! it's perfectly fine to want to be in the loop about current trends, but at the end of the day, you should like what You like & go after what You value. that's the best way to play the game :) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38309][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/384/38309.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=82282][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/823/82282.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60096222][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/600963/60096222.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=66005097][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/660051/66005097.png[/img][/url] (here are my four veilspun [emoji=familiar heart size=1])
i love the veilspun :D

the way i see it, especially with the amount of options that are on flight rising now, there will always be passionate feelings on both sides - any color, any gene, any breed is bound to be some person's FAVORITE EVER and some other person's WORST EVER EW GROSS, lol.

you could have the most perfect dragon according to your tastes, all your favorite genes in the best colors, and that very same dragon would have some other person's LEAST favorite treats all combined into one ultimate ugliness :P and this is true across the board, not just with flight rising!

it's perfectly fine to want to be in the loop about current trends, but at the end of the day, you should like what You like & go after what You value. that's the best way to play the game :)

38309.png82282.png60096222.png66005097.png

(here are my four veilspun )
I seam to like them since I have 4 breeding pairs and a gen 1 that I love a lot. I do hope the get more genes so I can enjoy them more.
I seam to like them since I have 4 breeding pairs and a gen 1 that I love a lot. I do hope the get more genes so I can enjoy them more.
S5A5nQt.png
"He he he... Crazy? Cicero?
He he he he! That's... madness..." ot3gL.gif
RyD5FgM.gif
Ironically, Veilspun used to be my least favorite breed before the dusties came out. They have way too much hair and look like discount Imps, but at least they're not dusties.
Ironically, Veilspun used to be my least favorite breed before the dusties came out. They have way too much hair and look like discount Imps, but at least they're not dusties.
splat.gif
I absolutely ADORE veils. I remember when they got released and I was instantly obsessed. Horse fairies. I love them. I have an entire tab for veils and I’m attached to all of them I love them so much
I absolutely ADORE veils. I remember when they got released and I was instantly obsessed. Horse fairies. I love them. I have an entire tab for veils and I’m attached to all of them I love them so much
Call me Soli!
She/her
I'm always subbed
Fr +0
1rAc41Y.gif Art Shop
Clan Directory
68031594.png
wqnTQE2.png Tm63Ief.pngezgif-4-4eb770cf62.gif
I love them but yes, like others mentioned, they don't have enough genes.
I love them but yes, like others mentioned, they don't have enough genes.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
1 2 3 4 5 6