Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ...Interesting prices (Ancients)
1 2
I'm seeing Dusthide hatchies (from eggs, mostly) go for about 20-30 gems on the AH. It seems that people really seem to dislike them or at least don't seem them as very interesting. I forgot about how Boas did (since I've been meaning to get more and I uh... forgot about them except for the one in my lair.)

The trends I noticed in the Ancients I was around for the release- Undertides never really seemed to spike up and the hype didn't last particularly long. Makes sense as they're basically thicker Spirals without legs. Aethers took a decently long time to come down, and everyone really liked them. Sandsurges... oh my... that was an experience. Probably being the first gem breed in a while, they were literally unaffordable to the average player for ages. It took at LEAST 2 months (at least I think it was), for them to fall to fodder price.

Did anyone notice anything weird about any of the ancient's prices on the AH?
I'm seeing Dusthide hatchies (from eggs, mostly) go for about 20-30 gems on the AH. It seems that people really seem to dislike them or at least don't seem them as very interesting. I forgot about how Boas did (since I've been meaning to get more and I uh... forgot about them except for the one in my lair.)

The trends I noticed in the Ancients I was around for the release- Undertides never really seemed to spike up and the hype didn't last particularly long. Makes sense as they're basically thicker Spirals without legs. Aethers took a decently long time to come down, and everyone really liked them. Sandsurges... oh my... that was an experience. Probably being the first gem breed in a while, they were literally unaffordable to the average player for ages. It took at LEAST 2 months (at least I think it was), for them to fall to fodder price.

Did anyone notice anything weird about any of the ancient's prices on the AH?
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
I don't think it seems that unusual. One of my aether hatches was atrocious and I threw it on AH so hard it bounced (this was on release day, and the floor was 30g).

Sandsurges did take a long time to come down but that was because they were a gem breed with no eggs.
I don't think it seems that unusual. One of my aether hatches was atrocious and I threw it on AH so hard it bounced (this was on release day, and the floor was 30g).

Sandsurges did take a long time to come down but that was because they were a gem breed with no eggs.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I think "long time" was an understatement. That whole fiasco was pretty much comical. I wanted an Aug baby for so long and it wasn't for like 2 and a half months before I got one.
I think "long time" was an understatement. That whole fiasco was pretty much comical. I wanted an Aug baby for so long and it wasn't for like 2 and a half months before I got one.
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
I don't think it's all that unusual, either. I didn't buy Aethers or Auraboas for much at all. I also disagree that there's a lack of interest. I sold my second hatchling and bought 5 more that I toyed with for projects, and resold 3 of them for more than I bought them for. That was all in the span of less than 5 hours. Those bald little cuties are selling like hotcakes.
I don't think it's all that unusual, either. I didn't buy Aethers or Auraboas for much at all. I also disagree that there's a lack of interest. I sold my second hatchling and bought 5 more that I toyed with for projects, and resold 3 of them for more than I bought them for. That was all in the span of less than 5 hours. Those bald little cuties are selling like hotcakes.
ytkEBod.png
fdUVIfW.png
gziv3Ja.png
ll0CfnD.png
mlHpBMC.png
Mesq6uj.png
UawspVz.png
Skincent Shop | Coliseum Grinding Service | Wishlist
Auras and Sandsurges are the 2 that took comically long to die down in price - Auraboas because their scrolls kept getting sniped in the marketplace before they bumped the number they appeared in, and Sandsurges were due to being a Gem breed as well as constantly getting sniped on the AH- a few users I know I saw a lot of bought enough that they had bought pretty much all the cheap ones and tried to relist them for a whole lot more. Once you blocked them, the prices were lowering at normal rates I'd say.

Plus Aethers on hatch day went for this low as well, in fact they were lower in most cases. I think the economy is fine with them, lol
Auras and Sandsurges are the 2 that took comically long to die down in price - Auraboas because their scrolls kept getting sniped in the marketplace before they bumped the number they appeared in, and Sandsurges were due to being a Gem breed as well as constantly getting sniped on the AH- a few users I know I saw a lot of bought enough that they had bought pretty much all the cheap ones and tried to relist them for a whole lot more. Once you blocked them, the prices were lowering at normal rates I'd say.

Plus Aethers on hatch day went for this low as well, in fact they were lower in most cases. I think the economy is fine with them, lol
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
that's a fairly normal floor for ancient egg hatches, i think
i bought most of my extra auras for 43-47ish g or 35 on later days / for the "REALLY bad" colors
if there's any extremely nice combos or even doubles up for sale, they're either listed super high to start, or are bought cheap and flipped for a much higher price
that's a fairly normal floor for ancient egg hatches, i think
i bought most of my extra auras for 43-47ish g or 35 on later days / for the "REALLY bad" colors
if there's any extremely nice combos or even doubles up for sale, they're either listed super high to start, or are bought cheap and flipped for a much higher price
Nonbinary
Trans Masculine
Xenogender

Avatar Dragon. The button is linked to my current avatar dragon.
For sale. The button is linked to my dragon sales lair tab.
limes, benrey, or belial || they/them & neos

fr time but im on at really weird hours sometimes
very anxious, so forum activity is sporadic at best
for my dragons - pose =/= pronouns. please use they/them for any of them unless otherwise specified
I'm really shocked that the prices are so low!! I think Dusthides are SO CUTE. They look like Pokemon to me!!
I'm really shocked that the prices are so low!! I think Dusthides are SO CUTE. They look like Pokemon to me!!
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
I've been going through and checking individual primaries for sale, and I think RNG has not been kind to this particular ancient. There are an awful lot of bad color combinations, even more than I remember for Auraboras or Aethers.
I've been going through and checking individual primaries for sale, and I think RNG has not been kind to this particular ancient. There are an awful lot of bad color combinations, even more than I remember for Auraboras or Aethers.
Nope, typical for a free egg event. It's easier than ever to get some form of unhatched egg so people are a lot more picky about color.

Just wait 7 days when people get tired of them and start selling them for adult fodder prices.

What you're seeing right now are all the horrifying color combos that don't look good in any combination of breed/gene.
Nope, typical for a free egg event. It's easier than ever to get some form of unhatched egg so people are a lot more picky about color.

Just wait 7 days when people get tired of them and start selling them for adult fodder prices.

What you're seeing right now are all the horrifying color combos that don't look good in any combination of breed/gene.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
I have seen so many with grape/ginger/carrot/shamrock/rust. The people who enjoy collecting hideous dragons are probably happy, so that's something at least.
I have seen so many with grape/ginger/carrot/shamrock/rust. The people who enjoy collecting hideous dragons are probably happy, so that's something at least.
1 2