Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ...Dissapointed w/ the Dusthides
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32 33
I think ultimately, I wish the staff would slow down on pushing out new breeds. I can't say I know what's going on behind the scenes, but these dragons get pushed out in such short order, it makes it hard for the community to really sit and appreciate the dragon and "get used" to them. I mean, how long have we had auras? In the meantime, the staff can just work more on the designs to give them the amount of care and thought they deserve.

I do not hate the design of the Dusthides, but I do believe they could have spent some more time in the oven. Flesh them out a little bit more concept-wise.
I think ultimately, I wish the staff would slow down on pushing out new breeds. I can't say I know what's going on behind the scenes, but these dragons get pushed out in such short order, it makes it hard for the community to really sit and appreciate the dragon and "get used" to them. I mean, how long have we had auras? In the meantime, the staff can just work more on the designs to give them the amount of care and thought they deserve.

I do not hate the design of the Dusthides, but I do believe they could have spent some more time in the oven. Flesh them out a little bit more concept-wise.
RqiX11c.png
e7Xupts.png
x
Wobot/Ray

MUYNhfy.png
vZmPWxA.png
kOrVr1y.png
hZipXGO.png
@RobotOcelot

According to the most recent status update, the team’s been experiencing more crunch as time’s gone on. It wouldn’t be unfounded to say that this is at least partially the reason why the Duskhide feels so rushed and plain.
@RobotOcelot

According to the most recent status update, the team’s been experiencing more crunch as time’s gone on. It wouldn’t be unfounded to say that this is at least partially the reason why the Duskhide feels so rushed and plain.
[quote name="RobotOcelot" date="2024-04-17 15:11:00" ] I think ultimately, I wish the staff would slow down on pushing out new breeds. I can't say I know what's going on behind the scenes, but these dragons get pushed out in such short order, it makes it hard for the community to really sit and appreciate the dragon and "get used" to them. I mean, how long have we had auras? In the meantime, the staff can just work more on the designs to give them the amount of care and thought they deserve. I do not hate the design of the Dusthides, but I do believe they could have spent some more time in the oven. Flesh them out a little bit more concept-wise. [/quote] I agree, the constant adding of ancient drags has gotten old to me a while ago. it's like there's a bloating of dragon species and not enough love into what's already here.
RobotOcelot wrote on 2024-04-17 15:11:00:

I agree, the constant adding of ancient drags has gotten old to me a while ago. it's like there's a bloating of dragon species and not enough love into what's already here.
honestly i love them! ive been wanting one with more dinosaur esque genes
honestly i love them! ive been wanting one with more dinosaur esque genes
9YmzAZz.png
6YtLZau.png
LRdLP2V.png
ACOZFAh.png
kE8PZoU.png
8732-DEFC-0882-405-A-A1-FC-A7-F406-FC25-B0.gifjt3PpxV.pngqo188r4.png
WKtl2lb.png
VjdktqS.png
FObX7rS.png
LardsEd.png
YMPbu9R.png
Going to sound unhinged here but dusthides are to ancients what divergent is to the young adult dystopian genre. If this doesn't make sense then good, remain unaware of the horrors of divergent.
Going to sound unhinged here but dusthides are to ancients what divergent is to the young adult dystopian genre. If this doesn't make sense then good, remain unaware of the horrors of divergent.
vckV4Hu.pngnbYcIeA.png
i understand the frustration but god i love these stupid frog dragons so much. I've been tempted to move to Earth for a long time now, and this new ancient just makes the urge stronger. the only wish i have is better colors for the 2 eggs I hatched, lol
i understand the frustration but god i love these stupid frog dragons so much. I've been tempted to move to Earth for a long time now, and this new ancient just makes the urge stronger. the only wish i have is better colors for the 2 eggs I hatched, lol
Howdy!

Helticks
+2 fr time
-xIsegSQ.png NL841GZ.png 90686005.png d974qyj.png
[quote name="periplans" date="2024-04-17 15:37:33" ] Going to sound unhinged here but dusthides are to ancients what divergent is to the young adult dystopian genre. If this doesn't make sense then good, remain unaware of the horrors of divergent. [/quote] This makes sense and it scares me…
periplans wrote on 2024-04-17 15:37:33:

This makes sense and it scares me…
gaaming-vapour2.gif IMG-4705.gif
I really like them, but yeah without a tert they feel a bit too naked. I feel like an Ancient should still look cool without relying on line-breakers to strengthen their silhouette, I think that would've helped their general appeal by a ton! They are niche, which is fine, I think a diversion of expectations was necessary after the plethora of Ancients we've already received, but they are definitely lacking without a line-breaking tert, which is a shame because they got some really great non line-breaking terts but they just don't do enough for the base dragon to find a lot of appeal!

Not every new release needs to appeal to everyone! Everyone has different tastes, and some breeds have more general appeal than others, there are plenty of other breeds to enjoy, existing and future! ^^
I really like them, but yeah without a tert they feel a bit too naked. I feel like an Ancient should still look cool without relying on line-breakers to strengthen their silhouette, I think that would've helped their general appeal by a ton! They are niche, which is fine, I think a diversion of expectations was necessary after the plethora of Ancients we've already received, but they are definitely lacking without a line-breaking tert, which is a shame because they got some really great non line-breaking terts but they just don't do enough for the base dragon to find a lot of appeal!

Not every new release needs to appeal to everyone! Everyone has different tastes, and some breeds have more general appeal than others, there are plenty of other breeds to enjoy, existing and future! ^^
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
[quote name="earthrises" date="2024-04-17 15:04:26" ] coming back to say that i've finally realized why the smoothness hits wrong. they have no texture to them, no wrinkles in the skin or little bumps on it like snappers and other breeds do. they don't lean enough into bug features to explain that away as smooth armor, but if they were really armadillos they'd have all the little wrinkles and bumps and scales. also they straight up can't hear anything. they have no ears and relatively big eyes, which is not how something that lives underground and digs dark tunnels should be built. this breed is all wrong. [/quote] This last part is what's bugging me the most tbh. Besides the fact that they're meant to be hardy and live in a rough environment and they don't convey that at [i]all[/i], why do they have no ears?? Every real ground dwelling creature tends to be blind with good senses of smell or hearing, these guys should've had tiny eyes and either huge ears or a big nose like some mole species!!
earthrises wrote on 2024-04-17 15:04:26:
coming back to say that i've finally realized why the smoothness hits wrong. they have no texture to them, no wrinkles in the skin or little bumps on it like snappers and other breeds do. they don't lean enough into bug features to explain that away as smooth armor, but if they were really armadillos they'd have all the little wrinkles and bumps and scales.

also they straight up can't hear anything. they have no ears and relatively big eyes, which is not how something that lives underground and digs dark tunnels should be built. this breed is all wrong.

This last part is what's bugging me the most tbh. Besides the fact that they're meant to be hardy and live in a rough environment and they don't convey that at all, why do they have no ears?? Every real ground dwelling creature tends to be blind with good senses of smell or hearing, these guys should've had tiny eyes and either huge ears or a big nose like some mole species!!
HxP6kXi.png5196.png1051.png 1084.png34793.pngHxP6kXi.png
She/Her FR +3
Hey everyone, thank you for your feedback. If something we've released (dragon, apparel, scene—any content) leaves you feeling disappointed, unhappy, or even just that it isn't your cup of tea, that's okay and it's okay to say as much.

Please keep in mind that the website is a place of employment for the entire team, which includes the artists who work on the dragon breeds, genes, apparel, etc. Critique and feedback should be constructive, not cruel or unconstructive. Most of you are walking this line just fine and we appreciate you for doing so. Some of you may be getting a bit carried away to the point you've come too close to crossing the line. If you're feeling heated about today's release, it's time to take a break from posting about this in our forums. Thank you.
Hey everyone, thank you for your feedback. If something we've released (dragon, apparel, scene—any content) leaves you feeling disappointed, unhappy, or even just that it isn't your cup of tea, that's okay and it's okay to say as much.

Please keep in mind that the website is a place of employment for the entire team, which includes the artists who work on the dragon breeds, genes, apparel, etc. Critique and feedback should be constructive, not cruel or unconstructive. Most of you are walking this line just fine and we appreciate you for doing so. Some of you may be getting a bit carried away to the point you've come too close to crossing the line. If you're feeling heated about today's release, it's time to take a break from posting about this in our forums. Thank you.
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32 33