Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ...Dissapointed w/ the Dusthides
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33
Maybe I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, but after the teaser everyone was expecting it to be inspired by rolly pollies or armadillos or pangolins

Why couldn't we have gotten something more original? I like how they are bald but they have the same basic body type as basically every dragon; four legs, two wings, long tail. Everyone on tumblr was hoping for it to be fat but no it's regular sized like so many of the others. Ancients are an opportunity to give us more unique dragons... yeah their tails are big but Aethers already did that

I don't dislike how they look, and I'm sure they'll grow on me in time, but like... man we could've gotten so much more

Thoughts?
Maybe I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, but after the teaser everyone was expecting it to be inspired by rolly pollies or armadillos or pangolins

Why couldn't we have gotten something more original? I like how they are bald but they have the same basic body type as basically every dragon; four legs, two wings, long tail. Everyone on tumblr was hoping for it to be fat but no it's regular sized like so many of the others. Ancients are an opportunity to give us more unique dragons... yeah their tails are big but Aethers already did that

I don't dislike how they look, and I'm sure they'll grow on me in time, but like... man we could've gotten so much more

Thoughts?
2.png
HdmxfuE.png
Mrw4w2X.png
I think this is the quickest I've seen an ancient breed's pricing bump down to the 20-30 gems area in the Auction House. Soooo I'm thinking that it's not too loved :( but really, it's only been an hour so time will tell on people's true opinions on Dusthides.

Other than that, this is the fastest I've sold my ancient hatchlings out of all breed releases, needless to say that they're not my favorite (but Banescales are still my least favorite Ancient) so hopefully they end up in a more loving home! That being said, I always keep my hopes down low-low-low so I don't get disappointed as so many people do when an ancient breed releases. That is key!
I think this is the quickest I've seen an ancient breed's pricing bump down to the 20-30 gems area in the Auction House. Soooo I'm thinking that it's not too loved :( but really, it's only been an hour so time will tell on people's true opinions on Dusthides.

Other than that, this is the fastest I've sold my ancient hatchlings out of all breed releases, needless to say that they're not my favorite (but Banescales are still my least favorite Ancient) so hopefully they end up in a more loving home! That being said, I always keep my hopes down low-low-low so I don't get disappointed as so many people do when an ancient breed releases. That is key!
A blue lantern with yellow glass swings left to right as rainbow dust swirls around it. Clicking this will bring you to the creator's profile. ___ « Ash (21)
« Clan Lore
« F2U Pixels
« Art Shop
« FAQ/Wishlist
_____
pmCmV6u.pngWjoRtbD.pngDWI9puz.pnge2wlrBb.pnggtSdXdC.pngQoMzhWb.png5rXrC4x.pngnxZGTXG.png8UYUyIT.png
Yeahh I see myself up with failure after that preview. I was so excited for wingless, secondary shelled spiky dragons, instead we got… these… Im trying to sell both of mine as soon as possible. I don’t think I’ve hated a breed so much before. I was so excited for the earth ancient and got frustrated when people had low expectations. Would have been better for me if I did have those expectations though, seeing them makes me annoyed.

I’m glad people like them but I’d rather we have not gotten a new breed at all.
Yeahh I see myself up with failure after that preview. I was so excited for wingless, secondary shelled spiky dragons, instead we got… these… Im trying to sell both of mine as soon as possible. I don’t think I’ve hated a breed so much before. I was so excited for the earth ancient and got frustrated when people had low expectations. Would have been better for me if I did have those expectations though, seeing them makes me annoyed.

I’m glad people like them but I’d rather we have not gotten a new breed at all.
81779860_qSs7RrU9rSfl0Rc.png wind
she/her
please do not ping me in my own forums
personally i agree. I was hoping theyd be more bulkier. it's funny that they're bald, though. I wasn't really that big on the boas anyways but i just hope more ancient dragons push the convential standards in place for dragons. I know we need a secondary portion of the dragon, but i was personally hoping they'd have a big shell instead of wings. I was thinking something like Volvidon from Monster Hunter.
personally i agree. I was hoping theyd be more bulkier. it's funny that they're bald, though. I wasn't really that big on the boas anyways but i just hope more ancient dragons push the convential standards in place for dragons. I know we need a secondary portion of the dragon, but i was personally hoping they'd have a big shell instead of wings. I was thinking something like Volvidon from Monster Hunter.
xulc4O8.png
Probably the first ancient release where I wasnt too excited unfortunately. Thats not to say I think they look bad. I dont think they look bad at all and I do plan on having some in my lair.

However they absolutely do come off as modern to me. I know for years people have been pretty hype for the rock ancient because everyone was expecting this one to have weird body proportions (earth wyrm, multiple legs, wingless, etc etc), but it ended up having 4 legs 2 wings.
Probably the first ancient release where I wasnt too excited unfortunately. Thats not to say I think they look bad. I dont think they look bad at all and I do plan on having some in my lair.

However they absolutely do come off as modern to me. I know for years people have been pretty hype for the rock ancient because everyone was expecting this one to have weird body proportions (earth wyrm, multiple legs, wingless, etc etc), but it ended up having 4 legs 2 wings.
Accent shopCBsJXZk.gif Accent: Moonlight Halo Buy!
For all the restrictions removed for ancient design, they sure do like to stick to those rules still.... I like them, but as an ancient, theyre dissapointing. I was hoping the 4 legs and 2 wings type would be an outlier among ancients, not the norm. Why arent they being more creative?
For all the restrictions removed for ancient design, they sure do like to stick to those rules still.... I like them, but as an ancient, theyre dissapointing. I was hoping the 4 legs and 2 wings type would be an outlier among ancients, not the norm. Why arent they being more creative?
I was hoping more of a shell or plated to cover its back, but I definitely woke up to a shock. I guess the tail did have a shell though. I still like them, but that was definitely an element that felt really empathized, so not getting it felt really off. But maybe this could be something for the staff to analyze for the future in terms of expectations. It felt very different from a teaser where we could actually see them.
I was hoping more of a shell or plated to cover its back, but I definitely woke up to a shock. I guess the tail did have a shell though. I still like them, but that was definitely an element that felt really empathized, so not getting it felt really off. But maybe this could be something for the staff to analyze for the future in terms of expectations. It felt very different from a teaser where we could actually see them.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
i have to agree tbh. was expecting them to be a bulkier, spiker dragon with more of a shell bc it kinda fits with earth and it would've been an opportunity for a slightly more unique design. but they just ended up having the same body as the other breeds, and the flat face look too which kinda looks weird on them. they're cute, but i was expecting something more
i have to agree tbh. was expecting them to be a bulkier, spiker dragon with more of a shell bc it kinda fits with earth and it would've been an opportunity for a slightly more unique design. but they just ended up having the same body as the other breeds, and the flat face look too which kinda looks weird on them. they're cute, but i was expecting something more
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
Earth now has three breeds. Dusthides had basically impossible standards.
Earth now has three breeds. Dusthides had basically impossible standards.
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
Kinda hoped that we'd get a pangolin dragon with big plating and a long snout, but luckily I stopped getting hyped about new stuff a long time ago. Their tail and claws are somewhat interesting, but that's it. They just look too plain even with most terts. Maybe I'll get one with Spores sometimes in the future.

But hey, at least we've got two free eggs.
Kinda hoped that we'd get a pangolin dragon with big plating and a long snout, but luckily I stopped getting hyped about new stuff a long time ago. Their tail and claws are somewhat interesting, but that's it. They just look too plain even with most terts. Maybe I'll get one with Spores sometimes in the future.

But hey, at least we've got two free eggs.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33