Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ...Dissapointed w/ the Dusthides
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33
[quote name="Orcalot" date="2024-04-17 11:58:07" ] People have been asking for a less conventionally attractive dragon for ages, but now it feels like everyone is doing the surprised pikachu face now that the devs have answered [/quote] except the dusthides still adhere to the dragon standard this site has; slim bodies, flat "cutesy" faces, big eyes. i wanted them to go MORE wild with it
Orcalot wrote on 2024-04-17 11:58:07:
People have been asking for a less conventionally attractive dragon for ages, but now it feels like everyone is doing the surprised pikachu face now that the devs have answered
except the dusthides still adhere to the dragon standard this site has; slim bodies, flat "cutesy" faces, big eyes. i wanted them to go MORE wild with it
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
[quote name="ThousandLights"]people are allowed to have opinions wether you like it or not. Calling someone "harsh" for disagreeing with you idea isnt good. You cant force someone to enjoy something and not everyone is going to like something, if not we would have an echo chamber. [/quote] I should be more clear--I don't care if people don't like them, that's fine, there's plenty of dragons I don't care for. What I think is harsh is creating a whole thread to complain about the appearance of a dragon when there's like twenty other species to play with. The dev team is so small and people are so rude to them for no reason... plenty of people like these, it's fine if you don't, and there's no need to feel "let down". How can you feel let down by something that isn't meant to please you specifically?
ThousandLights wrote:
people are allowed to have opinions wether you like it or not. Calling someone "harsh" for disagreeing with you idea isnt good. You cant force someone to enjoy something and not everyone is going to like something, if not we would have an echo chamber.

I should be more clear--I don't care if people don't like them, that's fine, there's plenty of dragons I don't care for. What I think is harsh is creating a whole thread to complain about the appearance of a dragon when there's like twenty other species to play with. The dev team is so small and people are so rude to them for no reason... plenty of people like these, it's fine if you don't, and there's no need to feel "let down". How can you feel let down by something that isn't meant to please you specifically?
The thing is I think they're plenty original in design but... It's a design that I think really struggles by its own limitations. Simply put, the wings get in the way of everything I find interesting about them. I know the idea is they roll up and the wings are part of that, but it means we don't get to really see their backs at all. They would've been a really interesting wingless breed otherwise.
The thing is I think they're plenty original in design but... It's a design that I think really struggles by its own limitations. Simply put, the wings get in the way of everything I find interesting about them. I know the idea is they roll up and the wings are part of that, but it means we don't get to really see their backs at all. They would've been a really interesting wingless breed otherwise.
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
[quote name="bulrush" date="2024-04-17 11:46:47" ] i got myself excited for an armadillo inspired dragon, my own fault [/quote] same I think they're fine, but not as good as my own inflated expectations (definitely my fault)
bulrush wrote on 2024-04-17 11:46:47:
i got myself excited for an armadillo inspired dragon, my own fault
same

I think they're fine, but not as good as my own inflated expectations (definitely my fault)
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
[quote name="Recallback" date="2024-04-17 11:58:27" ] Consistently, again and again, we are getting dragons that STILL follow the Modern bodyplan when the entire selling point of Ancients was that they DIDN'T have to. When we get something that supposedly does not follow this bodyplan, they're drawn and designed in such a way that they either follow it on a technicality or look like they do. No one even noticed Aethers have two sets of arms. Sandsurges are supposedly wingless but they still very much have "wings". Undertides are an aquatic breed yet they have big wings in combo with hand-like fins. Gaolers don't have useable wings but they still have wings. Veilspun I understand why they did that and I forgive them. Auras, Banescales, and Aberrations are the only ones who feel like they're living up to the real potential Ancients promised. 3 breeds of 9. When this breed could have so easily broken that track record by displaying its secondary genes across an armoured hide and its primary across its lower body and belly, I just feel quite frankly like the Joker or something over here. It's the 4th breed in a row that has that same flat, cat-like face. Why do the dragons have same face syndrome?? It's a very similar body shape too, it's more muscular maybe but it's really just comparing a pittie to a greyhound or retriever. [/quote] 100%. ancients are supposed to break the 4 limbs 2 wings body plan but this is another one that just... doesn't. i was hoping for a centipede-type bug thing with 6 limbs, or a roly poly, or an armadillo or pangolin-inspired dragon with a big shell and no wings... just anything on the more creative side. i mean i still like them i guess, i just think they could've pushed it more. it's frustrating to see so much potential in the new breed and all that it could've been. i just desperately want more bold designs for the ancients in line with what was promised during their introduction.
Recallback wrote on 2024-04-17 11:58:27:
Consistently, again and again, we are getting dragons that STILL follow the Modern bodyplan when the entire selling point of Ancients was that they DIDN'T have to. When we get something that supposedly does not follow this bodyplan, they're drawn and designed in such a way that they either follow it on a technicality or look like they do. No one even noticed Aethers have two sets of arms. Sandsurges are supposedly wingless but they still very much have "wings". Undertides are an aquatic breed yet they have big wings in combo with hand-like fins. Gaolers don't have useable wings but they still have wings. Veilspun I understand why they did that and I forgive them.
Auras, Banescales, and Aberrations are the only ones who feel like they're living up to the real potential Ancients promised. 3 breeds of 9.
When this breed could have so easily broken that track record by displaying its secondary genes across an armoured hide and its primary across its lower body and belly, I just feel quite frankly like the Joker or something over here. It's the 4th breed in a row that has that same flat, cat-like face. Why do the dragons have same face syndrome?? It's a very similar body shape too, it's more muscular maybe but it's really just comparing a pittie to a greyhound or retriever.

100%. ancients are supposed to break the 4 limbs 2 wings body plan but this is another one that just... doesn't. i was hoping for a centipede-type bug thing with 6 limbs, or a roly poly, or an armadillo or pangolin-inspired dragon with a big shell and no wings... just anything on the more creative side.

i mean i still like them i guess, i just think they could've pushed it more. it's frustrating to see so much potential in the new breed and all that it could've been. i just desperately want more bold designs for the ancients in line with what was promised during their introduction.
The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke

tumblr_inline_nzqu0njNXM1tgh8q0_400.png

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
I think they do look cool but I do agree, I was hoping for potato bug dragons as well, preferably with no wings. I really wish we'd get more ancients that legitimately could not be moderns, because we have too many that don't meaningfully deviate from the modern body plan.
I think they do look cool but I do agree, I was hoping for potato bug dragons as well, preferably with no wings. I really wish we'd get more ancients that legitimately could not be moderns, because we have too many that don't meaningfully deviate from the modern body plan.
jCVhFoZ.gif
yeah. i agree. their head also look really unappealing, and their body shape do not justify being an ancient. only kept one of my hatches since they were blue/sapphire
yeah. i agree. their head also look really unappealing, and their body shape do not justify being an ancient. only kept one of my hatches since they were blue/sapphire
If you don't like 'em, sell the eggs to someone else!

got a nice profit from selling mine
If you don't like 'em, sell the eggs to someone else!

got a nice profit from selling mine
[quote name="wonderwild" date="2024-04-17 12:16:46" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2024-04-17 11:58:27" ] Consistently, again and again, we are getting dragons that STILL follow the Modern bodyplan when the entire selling point of Ancients was that they DIDN'T have to. When we get something that supposedly does not follow this bodyplan, they're drawn and designed in such a way that they either follow it on a technicality or look like they do. No one even noticed Aethers have two sets of arms. Sandsurges are supposedly wingless but they still very much have "wings". Undertides are an aquatic breed yet they have big wings in combo with hand-like fins. Gaolers don't have useable wings but they still have wings. Veilspun I understand why they did that and I forgive them. Auras, Banescales, and Aberrations are the only ones who feel like they're living up to the real potential Ancients promised. 3 breeds of 9. When this breed could have so easily broken that track record by displaying its secondary genes across an armoured hide and its primary across its lower body and belly, I just feel quite frankly like the Joker or something over here. It's the 4th breed in a row that has that same flat, cat-like face. Why do the dragons have same face syndrome?? It's a very similar body shape too, it's more muscular maybe but it's really just comparing a pittie to a greyhound or retriever. [/quote] 100%. ancients are supposed to break the 4 limbs 2 wings body plan but this is another one that just... doesn't. i was hoping for a centipede-type bug thing with 6 limbs, or a roly poly, or an armadillo or pangolin-inspired dragon with a big shell and no wings... just anything on the more creative side. i mean i still like them i guess, i just think they could've pushed it more. it's frustrating to see so much potential in the new breed and all that it could've been. i just desperately want more bold designs for the ancients in line with what was promised during their introduction. [/quote] I was really excited for a potential no wings dragon with the secondary on the shell... I mean look at the teaser these do NOT look like the same thing.
wonderwild wrote on 2024-04-17 12:16:46:
Recallback wrote on 2024-04-17 11:58:27:
Consistently, again and again, we are getting dragons that STILL follow the Modern bodyplan when the entire selling point of Ancients was that they DIDN'T have to. When we get something that supposedly does not follow this bodyplan, they're drawn and designed in such a way that they either follow it on a technicality or look like they do. No one even noticed Aethers have two sets of arms. Sandsurges are supposedly wingless but they still very much have "wings". Undertides are an aquatic breed yet they have big wings in combo with hand-like fins. Gaolers don't have useable wings but they still have wings. Veilspun I understand why they did that and I forgive them.
Auras, Banescales, and Aberrations are the only ones who feel like they're living up to the real potential Ancients promised. 3 breeds of 9.
When this breed could have so easily broken that track record by displaying its secondary genes across an armoured hide and its primary across its lower body and belly, I just feel quite frankly like the Joker or something over here. It's the 4th breed in a row that has that same flat, cat-like face. Why do the dragons have same face syndrome?? It's a very similar body shape too, it's more muscular maybe but it's really just comparing a pittie to a greyhound or retriever.

100%. ancients are supposed to break the 4 limbs 2 wings body plan but this is another one that just... doesn't. i was hoping for a centipede-type bug thing with 6 limbs, or a roly poly, or an armadillo or pangolin-inspired dragon with a big shell and no wings... just anything on the more creative side.

i mean i still like them i guess, i just think they could've pushed it more. it's frustrating to see so much potential in the new breed and all that it could've been. i just desperately want more bold designs for the ancients in line with what was promised during their introduction.
I was really excited for a potential no wings dragon with the secondary on the shell... I mean look at the teaser these do NOT look like the same thing.
i wanted the earth ancient to be something else...

limbless dragon when

that said, i do love bugs
i wanted the earth ancient to be something else...

limbless dragon when

that said, i do love bugs

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33