Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why collect every festival skin?
1 2 3 4 5
i think a lot of ppl here wanting to buy them cheap now so they don't have to shell out in the future aren't realizing that they are probably spending more in the long run than if they just. shelled out for the ones they actually wanted.

i don't collect festival skins, even if some are pretty i never use them on dragons so they just sit in my hoard, but if i for some reason wanted one i don't think i'd spend 35kt per skin for however many there are each festival just *incase* i wanted any, but that's just my view.

i'm also the complete opposite of a hoarder, it stresses me out having things so i liquidate everything i am not using / doesn't bring me joy. keeps the brain happy.
i think a lot of ppl here wanting to buy them cheap now so they don't have to shell out in the future aren't realizing that they are probably spending more in the long run than if they just. shelled out for the ones they actually wanted.

i don't collect festival skins, even if some are pretty i never use them on dragons so they just sit in my hoard, but if i for some reason wanted one i don't think i'd spend 35kt per skin for however many there are each festival just *incase* i wanted any, but that's just my view.

i'm also the complete opposite of a hoarder, it stresses me out having things so i liquidate everything i am not using / doesn't bring me joy. keeps the brain happy.
UNFIivx.gif call me valley
xe/she fr+3 lair wip
wishlist, avatar, lf nests
[quote name="gardening" date="2024-04-05 11:43:47" ] i'm also the complete opposite of a hoarder, it stresses me out having things so i liquidate everything i am not using / doesn't bring me joy. keeps the brain happy. [/quote] yes you get it, i've had to rebuy some apparel multiple times because i got rid of the dragon and sold the piece.
gardening wrote on 2024-04-05 11:43:47:
yes you get it, i've had to rebuy some apparel multiple times because i got rid of the dragon and sold the piece.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
They're limited, and you never know if you'll want one on a future dragon or if they'll be super expensive later on. There's a little bit of completionism there, but it's more of a "why not" sort of thing. I mainly use blue/black/purple stuff, but I still buy, for example, Wind skins because of the off chance that I'll hatch/buy a derg they might look good on. I also have the option of selling/trading them later on, so I personally just find it to be more advantageous.

Of course, treasure is super easy to get, so unless you can't do G&G/another game with decent turnout (or you toss your treasure around like you're a billionaire on vacation), it's more difficult not to be able to afford one of each.
They're limited, and you never know if you'll want one on a future dragon or if they'll be super expensive later on. There's a little bit of completionism there, but it's more of a "why not" sort of thing. I mainly use blue/black/purple stuff, but I still buy, for example, Wind skins because of the off chance that I'll hatch/buy a derg they might look good on. I also have the option of selling/trading them later on, so I personally just find it to be more advantageous.

Of course, treasure is super easy to get, so unless you can't do G&G/another game with decent turnout (or you toss your treasure around like you're a billionaire on vacation), it's more difficult not to be able to afford one of each.
___Art Heap!

___Avatar derg!
___P7Z02K1.gif ___50406.png
[quote name="Cindertail" date="2024-03-25 11:10:46" ] When I first joined(I say this but I only actually got out of the mindset about a year ago), I felt obligated to get every fest skin I could afford, for some silly reason. Sometimes, I even doubled up, which was really stupid because, at least at this point in time, I don't intend to resell - the money sink sank, I guess, but I'm glad I'm better with money now(only buying skins that I actually like and/or intend to use). [/quote] This really resonates with me because I was the same way when I joined. For the first few years, I [i]HAD[/i] to have every skin, multiple copies, because collecting and "I can sell them for so much later". So much time and energy and treassssuuuurrree spent grinding to even make them affordable but it simply wasn't sustainable. Nowadays I don't really buy any unless it's going onto a dragon at that exact moment in time, I usually forget to even brew the Baldwin ones, and I'm so much more at peace with how I spend my time in game lol Also no longer broke 28/7. That's the real joy, hehe.
Cindertail wrote on 2024-03-25 11:10:46:
When I first joined(I say this but I only actually got out of the mindset about a year ago), I felt obligated to get every fest skin I could afford, for some silly reason. Sometimes, I even doubled up, which was really stupid because, at least at this point in time, I don't intend to resell - the money sink sank, I guess, but I'm glad I'm better with money now(only buying skins that I actually like and/or intend to use).

This really resonates with me because I was the same way when I joined. For the first few years, I HAD to have every skin, multiple copies, because collecting and "I can sell them for so much later". So much time and energy and treassssuuuurrree spent grinding to even make them affordable but it simply wasn't sustainable. Nowadays I don't really buy any unless it's going onto a dragon at that exact moment in time, I usually forget to even brew the Baldwin ones, and I'm so much more at peace with how I spend my time in game lol

Also no longer broke 28/7. That's the real joy, hehe.
tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png        Nature is forever

female · she/her
Please ping me in forums
Lore · For Sale · Avatar
In the begining I wanted every one I could get because I never knew if one day i would want to use it and not be able to get it... i bought several of ones I liked alot intending to sell them but for years I have just horded, horded , and basically been the iconic dragon storing every goodie into the vault. Now I'm starting to go through things and sell finally as i have hundreds of pages of stuff (some items are a page or more just of one item) speaking of items other than skins.

But I am glad that I got some of those older ones when I did and can even trade for newer ones that I missed the holiday or something.

I feel like now that i've been playing and been too lazy to even put skins on dragons I had intended to dress up I am trying to do that now. I guess uber procrastination. Anyway, I can understand both sides of things. If you have the money and want the collection great, if you want only what you'll use great. What i dont understand is needing more slots? Are they talking about putting more than one accent on a dragon?? Or maybe they are saying they just love them all and need more dragon slots so they can use them....in this case all i can say is more lair slots please, just because i can never get enough dragons, lol
In the begining I wanted every one I could get because I never knew if one day i would want to use it and not be able to get it... i bought several of ones I liked alot intending to sell them but for years I have just horded, horded , and basically been the iconic dragon storing every goodie into the vault. Now I'm starting to go through things and sell finally as i have hundreds of pages of stuff (some items are a page or more just of one item) speaking of items other than skins.

But I am glad that I got some of those older ones when I did and can even trade for newer ones that I missed the holiday or something.

I feel like now that i've been playing and been too lazy to even put skins on dragons I had intended to dress up I am trying to do that now. I guess uber procrastination. Anyway, I can understand both sides of things. If you have the money and want the collection great, if you want only what you'll use great. What i dont understand is needing more slots? Are they talking about putting more than one accent on a dragon?? Or maybe they are saying they just love them all and need more dragon slots so they can use them....in this case all i can say is more lair slots please, just because i can never get enough dragons, lol
H3F42Xv.png VHFsfxu.gif gZJK8U8.png oNZeeYr.gif gU2ykYl.png
I buy them because I could find the perfect dragon for it later on. Alternatively, they can be profitable if I decide to sell part of my collection (duplicates). I've bought skins for 35,000t and sold for 100g a couple years later. You have to be careful though, as coli skins are more common and not all skins are popular. Imp skins tend to go for a lot more...
I buy them because I could find the perfect dragon for it later on. Alternatively, they can be profitable if I decide to sell part of my collection (duplicates). I've bought skins for 35,000t and sold for 100g a couple years later. You have to be careful though, as coli skins are more common and not all skins are popular. Imp skins tend to go for a lot more...
[quote name="Tzinoka" date="2024-04-05 14:13:38" ] [quote name="Cindertail" date="2024-03-25 11:10:46" ] When I first joined(I say this but I only actually got out of the mindset about a year ago), I felt obligated to get every fest skin I could afford, for some silly reason. Sometimes, I even doubled up, which was really stupid because, at least at this point in time, I don't intend to resell - the money sink sank, I guess, but I'm glad I'm better with money now(only buying skins that I actually like and/or intend to use). [/quote] This really resonates with me because I was the same way when I joined. For the first few years, I [i]HAD[/i] to have every skin, multiple copies, because collecting and "I can sell them for so much later". So much time and energy and treassssuuuurrree spent grinding to even make them affordable but it simply wasn't sustainable. Nowadays I don't really buy any unless it's going onto a dragon at that exact moment in time, I usually forget to even brew the Baldwin ones, and I'm so much more at peace with how I spend my time in game lol Also no longer broke 28/7. That's the real joy, hehe. [/quote] Same for me. I have a few dragons I do not like, but I still felt compelled to get those skins, because they were only available for a week and I didn't know if at some point in the future I would find some use for them. I typically only bought one of each skin. I then realized I will never have certain breeds (to be kept as those breeds at least) and managed to stop buying skins for those breeds, and I have just recently finally gotten to the point where I am only buying skins that I like, and not just because it is on a pose I do like. I have said it on the suggestions threads themselves, but I wouldn't mind new skin slots, as long as they aren't just dumped into the game for treasure. Add them to other areas of the game (at a relatively high drop rate if needed) with the option to purchase the skins from Joxar for treasure or fest currency if needed.
Tzinoka wrote on 2024-04-05 14:13:38:
Cindertail wrote on 2024-03-25 11:10:46:
When I first joined(I say this but I only actually got out of the mindset about a year ago), I felt obligated to get every fest skin I could afford, for some silly reason. Sometimes, I even doubled up, which was really stupid because, at least at this point in time, I don't intend to resell - the money sink sank, I guess, but I'm glad I'm better with money now(only buying skins that I actually like and/or intend to use).

This really resonates with me because I was the same way when I joined. For the first few years, I HAD to have every skin, multiple copies, because collecting and "I can sell them for so much later". So much time and energy and treassssuuuurrree spent grinding to even make them affordable but it simply wasn't sustainable. Nowadays I don't really buy any unless it's going onto a dragon at that exact moment in time, I usually forget to even brew the Baldwin ones, and I'm so much more at peace with how I spend my time in game lol

Also no longer broke 28/7. That's the real joy, hehe.
Same for me.

I have a few dragons I do not like, but I still felt compelled to get those skins, because they were only available for a week and I didn't know if at some point in the future I would find some use for them. I typically only bought one of each skin.

I then realized I will never have certain breeds (to be kept as those breeds at least) and managed to stop buying skins for those breeds, and I have just recently finally gotten to the point where I am only buying skins that I like, and not just because it is on a pose I do like.

I have said it on the suggestions threads themselves, but I wouldn't mind new skin slots, as long as they aren't just dumped into the game for treasure. Add them to other areas of the game (at a relatively high drop rate if needed) with the option to purchase the skins from Joxar for treasure or fest currency if needed.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5