Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Button Eye Type is Creepy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Best thing we could've gotten tbh. I am going to stock up on so many button eyes I swear. Also maybe just me it seems but I like how they look. I think the buttons being so big looks nice, any smaller and you'd barely be able to tell (might just be me, blind as a bat lol).

Only gripe is how they look on Abbies. Wish there wasn't just the one normal looking eye but I can live with that to be honest. But yeah, so happy right now :) Like someone else said having more customizations will never be a bad thing, congrats to us button eye enjoyers! What a victory :)
Best thing we could've gotten tbh. I am going to stock up on so many button eyes I swear. Also maybe just me it seems but I like how they look. I think the buttons being so big looks nice, any smaller and you'd barely be able to tell (might just be me, blind as a bat lol).

Only gripe is how they look on Abbies. Wish there wasn't just the one normal looking eye but I can live with that to be honest. But yeah, so happy right now :) Like someone else said having more customizations will never be a bad thing, congrats to us button eye enjoyers! What a victory :)
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
The new eyes are nice to have even if I’m not gonna be using Button

Might sell it for some easy money
The new eyes are nice to have even if I’m not gonna be using Button

Might sell it for some easy money
sBdLZtA.png
As someone who loves creepy things, I don't really see it. Personally, I'm delighted. I've wanted an excuse to make a plushie obs/obs/gold pair for a while now, or at least add one to my collection of Spirals, and I finally have the eyes to make them complete. I find button eyes to be a wonderful addition that I've wanted for a while now (alongside eyes with a white sclera, but I think some might find those even creepier than the buttons, aha).
As someone who loves creepy things, I don't really see it. Personally, I'm delighted. I've wanted an excuse to make a plushie obs/obs/gold pair for a while now, or at least add one to my collection of Spirals, and I finally have the eyes to make them complete. I find button eyes to be a wonderful addition that I've wanted for a while now (alongside eyes with a white sclera, but I think some might find those even creepier than the buttons, aha).
y5opRlk.gif
[quote name="Aeranautics" date="2024-04-04 13:12:36" ] [quote name="RallraxAuri" date="2024-04-04 13:02:14" ] Wait there's a new eye type? Why no announcement? [/quote] I'm more disappointed that there was no announcement, especially for the new Marketplace Eye Types. I haven't seen too many scries of the Button eyes, but I don't think the eyes look good even on my plushie dragon. They look too flat to be unsettling or creepy to me. I'm glad for the people who are excited about their own dragons who will finally get to have button eyes-though! Congrats to the button-eye enjoyers, you're the real winners here. [/quote] Wait what?? New marketplace eye types?? I only knew about button, which I’m super excited about! Now I’m even more excited
Aeranautics wrote on 2024-04-04 13:12:36:
RallraxAuri wrote on 2024-04-04 13:02:14:
Wait there's a new eye type? Why no announcement?
I'm more disappointed that there was no announcement, especially for the new Marketplace Eye Types.

I haven't seen too many scries of the Button eyes, but I don't think the eyes look good even on my plushie dragon. They look too flat to be unsettling or creepy to me. I'm glad for the people who are excited about their own dragons who will finally get to have button eyes-though! Congrats to the button-eye enjoyers, you're the real winners here.

Wait what?? New marketplace eye types?? I only knew about button, which I’m super excited about! Now I’m even more excited
I don’t know what to put here
There's now an announcement up with the new marketplace eye types.
There's now an announcement up with the new marketplace eye types.
dlJsEIj.png
I like it because I love unsettling creepy stuff. Wish the third eye on that one Abbie head though had the button eye.
I like it because I love unsettling creepy stuff. Wish the third eye on that one Abbie head though had the button eye.
gfCdYdH.gif Ninth | She/Her
Shadow and Bone Hatchery
Skins and Accents
It does give Coraline vibes but idk, I'm a fan. Its an unnatural eye type, so, you won't get it on a dragon unless you apply it anyways.

As others have mentioned, button eyes has been a suggestion going around since stitched/patchwork, so if I had to guess, this was more due to that.

Personally, if they're looking at eye type suggestions I'm still hoping for spider eyes in the future
It does give Coraline vibes but idk, I'm a fan. Its an unnatural eye type, so, you won't get it on a dragon unless you apply it anyways.

As others have mentioned, button eyes has been a suggestion going around since stitched/patchwork, so if I had to guess, this was more due to that.

Personally, if they're looking at eye type suggestions I'm still hoping for spider eyes in the future
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
several people have mentioned theres no stitching on the buttons, theyre kinda just slapped on there. like when you squint to hold googly eyes in place for a few seconds
several people have mentioned theres no stitching on the buttons, theyre kinda just slapped on there. like when you squint to hold googly eyes in place for a few seconds
W1dpc3e.png
the one singular dragon i'd use the button eyes on has.......... arcane eyes. and it doesn't match the rest of him at all [emoji=coatl sad size=1] it's a shame so he'll just keep his swirl eyes i guess lol also i know coraline is more in the forefront of everyone's memories because it's 1. a well-known movie, and 2. creepy, but....... old plushies (up until a certain point) have always had button eyes? [emoji=coatl confused size=1] (tbh i genuinely would not be surprised if coraline gave many people phobias of eyes being replaced with [i]anything[/i] unnatural)
the one singular dragon i'd use the button eyes on has.......... arcane eyes. and it doesn't match the rest of him at all it's a shame so he'll just keep his swirl eyes i guess lol

also i know coraline is more in the forefront of everyone's memories because it's 1. a well-known movie, and 2. creepy, but....... old plushies (up until a certain point) have always had button eyes?

(tbh i genuinely would not be surprised if coraline gave many people phobias of eyes being replaced with anything unnatural)
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
I was expecting it to be really cute, then almost got jumpscared when I checked it out in predict morphology. I don't dislike it, but it reeally isn't my style. I thought it would look more natural and less... literally stitched in place over my dragon's eye sockets.
I was expecting it to be really cute, then almost got jumpscared when I checked it out in predict morphology. I don't dislike it, but it reeally isn't my style. I thought it would look more natural and less... literally stitched in place over my dragon's eye sockets.
maGaaTX.png Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.
-Revelation 4: 8b
W1ufEjp.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8