Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Clayton Academy (Reboot - IC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[- SYCAMORE (T2) -]
(LOCATION: TEAM 2 BASE)
{INTERACTION WITH: PEOPLE THERE (MOSTLY ASHLYNN AND JASMINE)}

I felt a small ember of giddiness, and I couldn't help a tiny smirk appear across my muzzle.
"Well," I said slowly, raising my voice to draw attention as I walked closer to the two 'leaders' since nobody had spoken first. "I have very... over-the-top water." The phrasing was odd, but I lashed my tail again as I spoke, "Maybe you can shift to fish? And back? And I'll send you over? I don't know, defense? Offense?"
My whiskers twitch in the breeze, and I scan the woods beyond. it's a massive territory, and I can almost bet coin that someone's going to put the flag in a tree. Maybe that isn't such a terrible idea...
[- SYCAMORE (T2) -]
(LOCATION: TEAM 2 BASE)
{INTERACTION WITH: PEOPLE THERE (MOSTLY ASHLYNN AND JASMINE)}

I felt a small ember of giddiness, and I couldn't help a tiny smirk appear across my muzzle.
"Well," I said slowly, raising my voice to draw attention as I walked closer to the two 'leaders' since nobody had spoken first. "I have very... over-the-top water." The phrasing was odd, but I lashed my tail again as I spoke, "Maybe you can shift to fish? And back? And I'll send you over? I don't know, defense? Offense?"
My whiskers twitch in the breeze, and I scan the woods beyond. it's a massive territory, and I can almost bet coin that someone's going to put the flag in a tree. Maybe that isn't such a terrible idea...
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
Amaya
Interactions: Team 2
She looked around at the other members of her team, shifting from one foot to the other nervously. She had never been particularly fond of games like this, but she supposed she'd do her best. She cleared her throat. "I can shapeshift too, I guess. Never tried being anything other than a bird though. Birds are cool... And I can do.. minor illusions, I guess. They're not that great and they're pretty obvious so I'm not sure how helpful that can be. "
Amaya
Interactions: Team 2
She looked around at the other members of her team, shifting from one foot to the other nervously. She had never been particularly fond of games like this, but she supposed she'd do her best. She cleared her throat. "I can shapeshift too, I guess. Never tried being anything other than a bird though. Birds are cool... And I can do.. minor illusions, I guess. They're not that great and they're pretty obvious so I'm not sure how helpful that can be. "
Keeper of Stories
Tn4TEAZ.png
Emory (no interactions) TEAM ONE
He was, in his sister's words, sulking. Sure he knew they couldn't stay together at all times and he'd seem dorm assignments but THIS fast? Really? He didn't know anyone else so simply listened to his 'team' strategize without commenting, not like his powers were useful without Eve anyway...

Eve (general to her team) TEAM TWO
"I'd probably best off in defense, my powers aren't really offensive sooo..." She trailed off, kicking at the dirt. She remembered her brother's anger at team assignments saying it was unfair and demanding they find someone to speak to, only calming when she reminded him they were to keep a low profile. She grinned anxiously at her team in hopes of befriending someone else.
Emory (no interactions) TEAM ONE
He was, in his sister's words, sulking. Sure he knew they couldn't stay together at all times and he'd seem dorm assignments but THIS fast? Really? He didn't know anyone else so simply listened to his 'team' strategize without commenting, not like his powers were useful without Eve anyway...

Eve (general to her team) TEAM TWO
"I'd probably best off in defense, my powers aren't really offensive sooo..." She trailed off, kicking at the dirt. She remembered her brother's anger at team assignments saying it was unfair and demanding they find someone to speak to, only calming when she reminded him they were to keep a low profile. She grinned anxiously at her team in hopes of befriending someone else.
I'm active usually around 7-9 or 11-12FR time.
download.png
(John Doe | Interacting with: No One| Location: The Arena)

Student activities involving newcomers had always been interesting. Of course, John hadn’t been here for all too long but he’d seen his fair share of spectacular reveals. It also let the onlookers grasp what kind of student each individual was like.

For now, he’d relax and stay put - but there was always a chance one or multiple of the staff would have to get involved. The waiting game was one of his favourites, however, feeling the tension build up, waiting for something of interest to happen or to feel it subside into something more subtle and punctual. Just how chaotic were the upcoming classes going to be? He wondered… Eitherway, it gave him some time to think of lesson plans and other not so lesson-related plans.

John gave a brief sigh as he fiddled with undoing and fixing his tie. If he did end up having to make an entrance, he’d want to be recognisable as a member of faculty. Adrenaline could warp a lot of minds, and these students weren’t as normal as the school would like to believe.

(Chase Windward | Interacting with: Team One (Direct interaction with: Emory)| Location: Team One)

Despite having switched out his star-shaped sunglasses for a pair of deep red aviators that rested on his nose more firmly, Chase’s smile did not waver in brightness. He’d managed to keep his neck inhibitor but these new inhibitors on his wrists felt far nicer than his old ones, probably not nearly as cheap either. He could only hope they wouldn’t stop working properly as quickly either, though they didn’t block his powers as much as his previous ones. He didn’t really understand it all but being in the sun for the little time it took to get under the trees had felt way too energetic. Though he was sure his neck inhibitor was in working condition so hopefully there would be no fire to bubble up.

Chase felt like he was about to buzz out of his own skin and as great as it was, it felt a little bit frightening. He’d been in enough scuffles to know what he could do to other people with his normal repressed strength, now he was very unwilling to touch anyone. Hence:

“I can go as a forward! I think I’d just be dead give away of where our flag is if I hang around, but I’m faster than most normal people and I can help distract the other team for anyone else that wants a grab.” He grinned sheepishly, brushing a hand through his brightly coloured hair. He would not blend in all that well but he’d always done great being on the move anyway. It'd also mean he wouldn't have to worry so much about having to catch anyone that may get the flag, though that was still a possibility should he just come across them.

“Also, I can probably track down where they’re at. Heat signatures and smell and all that.” Chase made a hand wavy motion at that, not really wanting to get into it. It always felt like an unfair advantage, not to mention being something he was shunned for to begin with, and even in this new magical school he still felt a little on edge. If he could go ahead on his own then the possibility of having to take his sunglasses off in a chase wouldn’t be so daunting either.

Desperate to make sure attention didn’t stay on him for an explanation on his abilities, he did a quick glance about and noticed one of the other students that looked quite a bit upset. Chase directed a simple question to the other boy, “You okay bud?”

He looked ****** off in a way but that could also be his resting face but Chase was way too fidgety to worry too much. He would just be a little annoyance if it was the case.
(John Doe | Interacting with: No One| Location: The Arena)

Student activities involving newcomers had always been interesting. Of course, John hadn’t been here for all too long but he’d seen his fair share of spectacular reveals. It also let the onlookers grasp what kind of student each individual was like.

For now, he’d relax and stay put - but there was always a chance one or multiple of the staff would have to get involved. The waiting game was one of his favourites, however, feeling the tension build up, waiting for something of interest to happen or to feel it subside into something more subtle and punctual. Just how chaotic were the upcoming classes going to be? He wondered… Eitherway, it gave him some time to think of lesson plans and other not so lesson-related plans.

John gave a brief sigh as he fiddled with undoing and fixing his tie. If he did end up having to make an entrance, he’d want to be recognisable as a member of faculty. Adrenaline could warp a lot of minds, and these students weren’t as normal as the school would like to believe.

(Chase Windward | Interacting with: Team One (Direct interaction with: Emory)| Location: Team One)

Despite having switched out his star-shaped sunglasses for a pair of deep red aviators that rested on his nose more firmly, Chase’s smile did not waver in brightness. He’d managed to keep his neck inhibitor but these new inhibitors on his wrists felt far nicer than his old ones, probably not nearly as cheap either. He could only hope they wouldn’t stop working properly as quickly either, though they didn’t block his powers as much as his previous ones. He didn’t really understand it all but being in the sun for the little time it took to get under the trees had felt way too energetic. Though he was sure his neck inhibitor was in working condition so hopefully there would be no fire to bubble up.

Chase felt like he was about to buzz out of his own skin and as great as it was, it felt a little bit frightening. He’d been in enough scuffles to know what he could do to other people with his normal repressed strength, now he was very unwilling to touch anyone. Hence:

“I can go as a forward! I think I’d just be dead give away of where our flag is if I hang around, but I’m faster than most normal people and I can help distract the other team for anyone else that wants a grab.” He grinned sheepishly, brushing a hand through his brightly coloured hair. He would not blend in all that well but he’d always done great being on the move anyway. It'd also mean he wouldn't have to worry so much about having to catch anyone that may get the flag, though that was still a possibility should he just come across them.

“Also, I can probably track down where they’re at. Heat signatures and smell and all that.” Chase made a hand wavy motion at that, not really wanting to get into it. It always felt like an unfair advantage, not to mention being something he was shunned for to begin with, and even in this new magical school he still felt a little on edge. If he could go ahead on his own then the possibility of having to take his sunglasses off in a chase wouldn’t be so daunting either.

Desperate to make sure attention didn’t stay on him for an explanation on his abilities, he did a quick glance about and noticed one of the other students that looked quite a bit upset. Chase directed a simple question to the other boy, “You okay bud?”

He looked ****** off in a way but that could also be his resting face but Chase was way too fidgety to worry too much. He would just be a little annoyance if it was the case.
............................ ..

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o1_75sq.png
Art | Wishlist | Avatar | Auction (30+)
...Blue | Any pronouns | FR time +8

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o2_75sq.png
ANLING.
"I say we divide off of whichever we find more fun," Anling says, unapologetically honest. While she does enjoy a good competitive game, there's no need to make any of their uncomfortable over it.

Having said this, she sweeps the tip of her tail in arching movement. Her magic settles in the air, leaving an inky image. It solidifies a few moments later into the shape of a brilliant red brush, about the size of a longsword.

Anling hefts it upward with a smile before saying, "I'll play defense. I can reshape the environment, which should help in keeping them off our flag. Especially since, like Chase mentioned, I can do it from a distance, provided that I'm still within seeing range of the flag. I'm sure that we can confuse the other team quite a bit, that way."

She pauses, thoughtful. "Actually, I do have a plan. What if instead of focusing on protecting the flag, we try to prevent them from advancing through our side of the forest? That way, we can disrupt them and buy time for our attackers before falling back to play defense."
ANLING.
"I say we divide off of whichever we find more fun," Anling says, unapologetically honest. While she does enjoy a good competitive game, there's no need to make any of their uncomfortable over it.

Having said this, she sweeps the tip of her tail in arching movement. Her magic settles in the air, leaving an inky image. It solidifies a few moments later into the shape of a brilliant red brush, about the size of a longsword.

Anling hefts it upward with a smile before saying, "I'll play defense. I can reshape the environment, which should help in keeping them off our flag. Especially since, like Chase mentioned, I can do it from a distance, provided that I'm still within seeing range of the flag. I'm sure that we can confuse the other team quite a bit, that way."

She pauses, thoughtful. "Actually, I do have a plan. What if instead of focusing on protecting the flag, we try to prevent them from advancing through our side of the forest? That way, we can disrupt them and buy time for our attackers before falling back to play defense."
Landon Rockcrowne
Interactions: You here? Hi
_______

He looked between some of the others who'd already spoken up before he said,
"Unless someone here has flight as an option I'm probably a decent bet for climbing up to hide the flag somewhere."
There was a slight pause before he added,
"And before you say anything, no my height isn't an issue here as I climb mountains for fun."
Landon hissed softly mostly to encourage Charlie and Vera to stay in his pockets for the most part.

He also glanced over Avon and thought,
I mean, I work better protecting things in general since have fun moving me while I throw rocks and dirt at you… If it was up to me I'd offer to shift and let someone tie the flag on one of my head spikes. But I think that's against the rules.
Landon gestured a bit to the other girl that spoke up as he said,
"If you wanna go that route, I might be able to mess with the terrain with my geomancy. Makes it harder for the other team to traverse in certain areas."
Lance Savage
_______

"Fast running shadow manipulator here so I'd do better trying to capture the opposing flag."
Lance said, since it was true and thought,
I'd have more fun that way, since I already have a heightened desire to move around.
He glanced around at his teammates as he added,
"But I don't have any issue with hiding our flag up high."

Lance's pupils had the slightest hint that they might be more cat-like due to being excited and out in the sunlight a bit more. He then thought,
Also, my first group activity in about a year so I'm a little more excited than normal.
He made a gecko-like chirp at the guy with bright colored hair that also offered to take a more offensive role.
Adara Ferra
_______

She smiled a bit as she said,
"I'd probably be better at defending since I'm not super athletically gifted, but I'm rather good at defensive uses of my fire."
Adara shrugged a bit as she looked at some of the others and thought,
Oh right… I should probably elaborate a little more so I don't come off as an arsonist.
"Only burns what I want it too and can heal as well. So I won't like burn down the whole forest or anything."

Adara felt a little awkward whenever she had to clarify that about her fire, but it wasn't exactly that intuitive to everyone else that they'd be fine. As fire almost always meant that's hot don't touch it.
Zain Darke
_______

He fiddled with the inhibitor on his wrist, mostly there to keep him from actually doing serious mental harm to someone. Zain intentionally didn't look anyone in the eye as he said,
"Half-Nightmare, so I can inflict fear on someone by looking them in the eye and have some short range fire magic… Now if I shift all that gets more intense and my form is somewhat malleable."

Zain looked mildly excited as he then continued,
"But I can function in both kind of roles really since my abilities can go either way."
Scarificator Sternocleidomastoid
Interactions: Open
_______

He had actually gone through the effort of climbing a tree instead of being normal and using a raised platform. Besides it just felt better to climb something natural to have a better view of everything. The reason he was here in the first place was to make sure nobody actually got hurt out here.
Thank f-ck that humans made sunglasses as I can actually see right now due to that.
Scar thought as he took a more seated position on the tree branch.
Marsh Cooke
_______

I'm a dumba-s, late because I had to pull over and help that guy on the way here and it took longer than anticipated. Every other staff member is already gonna look down on me for only 'recently' leaving the Inky behind and that being so close to the Templar… Not even mentioning what I chose to teach…
Marsh thought as he started running towards the arena, as he knew what the plans for today were. He'd have to go get his lesson plans from the car later but that wasn't too bad.
However his right hand was currently on full display as he was in too much of a hurry to throw a glove over it.

Marsh picked up a few rocks on his way and already had one in hand and charming it when he saw what looked to be another staff member and thought,
Let's make this deliver a slight message to my coworker.
After a second he threw the rock trying not to actually hit the other person, upon hitting something however you'd hear what sounded like his voice saying,
"So sorry for being late, doubly so if this hits you. It's the professional disappointment arriving, I'm aware of what's going on though."

((Absolutely anyone is free to be the victim of that.))
Landon Rockcrowne
_______

He looked between some of the others who'd already spoken up before he said,
"Unless someone here has flight as an option I'm probably a decent bet for climbing up to hide the flag somewhere."
There was a slight pause before he added,
"And before you say anything, no my height isn't an issue here as I climb mountains for fun."
Landon hissed softly mostly to encourage Charlie and Vera to stay in his pockets for the most part.

He also glanced over Avon and thought,
I mean, I work better protecting things in general since have fun moving me while I throw rocks and dirt at you… If it was up to me I'd offer to shift and let someone tie the flag on one of my head spikes. But I think that's against the rules.
Landon gestured a bit to the other girl that spoke up as he said,
"If you wanna go that route, I might be able to mess with the terrain with my geomancy. Makes it harder for the other team to traverse in certain areas."
Lance Savage
_______

"Fast running shadow manipulator here so I'd do better trying to capture the opposing flag."
Lance said, since it was true and thought,
I'd have more fun that way, since I already have a heightened desire to move around.
He glanced around at his teammates as he added,
"But I don't have any issue with hiding our flag up high."

Lance's pupils had the slightest hint that they might be more cat-like due to being excited and out in the sunlight a bit more. He then thought,
Also, my first group activity in about a year so I'm a little more excited than normal.
He made a gecko-like chirp at the guy with bright colored hair that also offered to take a more offensive role.
Adara Ferra
_______

She smiled a bit as she said,
"I'd probably be better at defending since I'm not super athletically gifted, but I'm rather good at defensive uses of my fire."
Adara shrugged a bit as she looked at some of the others and thought,
Oh right… I should probably elaborate a little more so I don't come off as an arsonist.
"Only burns what I want it too and can heal as well. So I won't like burn down the whole forest or anything."

Adara felt a little awkward whenever she had to clarify that about her fire, but it wasn't exactly that intuitive to everyone else that they'd be fine. As fire almost always meant that's hot don't touch it.
Zain Darke
_______

He fiddled with the inhibitor on his wrist, mostly there to keep him from actually doing serious mental harm to someone. Zain intentionally didn't look anyone in the eye as he said,
"Half-Nightmare, so I can inflict fear on someone by looking them in the eye and have some short range fire magic… Now if I shift all that gets more intense and my form is somewhat malleable."

Zain looked mildly excited as he then continued,
"But I can function in both kind of roles really since my abilities can go either way."
Scarificator Sternocleidomastoid
_______

He had actually gone through the effort of climbing a tree instead of being normal and using a raised platform. Besides it just felt better to climb something natural to have a better view of everything. The reason he was here in the first place was to make sure nobody actually got hurt out here.
Thank f-ck that humans made sunglasses as I can actually see right now due to that.
Scar thought as he took a more seated position on the tree branch.
Marsh Cooke
_______

I'm a dumba-s, late because I had to pull over and help that guy on the way here and it took longer than anticipated. Every other staff member is already gonna look down on me for only 'recently' leaving the Inky behind and that being so close to the Templar… Not even mentioning what I chose to teach…
Marsh thought as he started running towards the arena, as he knew what the plans for today were. He'd have to go get his lesson plans from the car later but that wasn't too bad.
However his right hand was currently on full display as he was in too much of a hurry to throw a glove over it.

Marsh picked up a few rocks on his way and already had one in hand and charming it when he saw what looked to be another staff member and thought,
Let's make this deliver a slight message to my coworker.
After a second he threw the rock trying not to actually hit the other person, upon hitting something however you'd hear what sounded like his voice saying,
"So sorry for being late, doubly so if this hits you. It's the professional disappointment arriving, I'm aware of what's going on though."

((Absolutely anyone is free to be the victim of that.))
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
{Alli - Interacting with: Team 2 - Location: somewhere idk }

Alli walked up to the group of people, towering over some and looking up at others… they couldn’t speak. They were talking about abilities and all Alli could think about was all people. They seemed to be talking about what they’d be best at doing.. oh no… Alli began to pick at the hem of their skirt oh no…, they thought, if I don’t say something they’re gonna make me run. I can’t run. I hate running.. Alli couldn’t think, they just got so worked up over the possibility of having to run they just blurted out “I’m a really good hider.” And they could feel some eyes look over at them. “Well, if we need to hide the flag and protect it. Because I’m a water animal I can be in water just fine and because of my scales I blend in really well.. I don’t mind sticking near it… people like to avoid me, so maybe they’ll avoid the flag too.” They couldn’t look up, but they hoped that they understood that they don’t want to run… hopefully
{Alli - Interacting with: Team 2 - Location: somewhere idk }

Alli walked up to the group of people, towering over some and looking up at others… they couldn’t speak. They were talking about abilities and all Alli could think about was all people. They seemed to be talking about what they’d be best at doing.. oh no… Alli began to pick at the hem of their skirt oh no…, they thought, if I don’t say something they’re gonna make me run. I can’t run. I hate running.. Alli couldn’t think, they just got so worked up over the possibility of having to run they just blurted out “I’m a really good hider.” And they could feel some eyes look over at them. “Well, if we need to hide the flag and protect it. Because I’m a water animal I can be in water just fine and because of my scales I blend in really well.. I don’t mind sticking near it… people like to avoid me, so maybe they’ll avoid the flag too.” They couldn’t look up, but they hoped that they understood that they don’t want to run… hopefully
1896.png
~ They / They
~ Fr +3
~ pfp boy
46444.png
~ Home Page
~ Commissions!
~ FR Holiday Dragons
[- SYCAMORE -]
(LOCATION: TEAM 2)
{INTERACTION WITH: IF YOUR HERE YOU HEARD EM (alli somewhat)}

I straighten my posture, a small river of water flowing in an extension of my stubby, adolescent horns, a nervous/bored habit of mine.
"Well, we do need a hider." I pass my calm, almost judgmental gaze, to the other full-bodied student. "Hide the flag like your life is on the tripwire, protect it with your full being." I instruct them, small droplets bouncing away to float almost without gravity.
[- SYCAMORE -]
(LOCATION: TEAM 2)
{INTERACTION WITH: IF YOUR HERE YOU HEARD EM (alli somewhat)}

I straighten my posture, a small river of water flowing in an extension of my stubby, adolescent horns, a nervous/bored habit of mine.
"Well, we do need a hider." I pass my calm, almost judgmental gaze, to the other full-bodied student. "Hide the flag like your life is on the tripwire, protect it with your full being." I instruct them, small droplets bouncing away to float almost without gravity.
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
{Alli - Interacting with: Just Sycamore basically - Location: somewhere idk }

Alli looked down at the dragon, and felt Alittle at ease, so they let go of their skirt and just waved their arms a bit “I’m.. I’m glad I could help! I won’t let you down.” They said in all seriousness. This flag was the only thing going to keep them and their team safe, they had to protect it.

Alli begans to pick at their dulled nails, possibly hoping to sharpen them up a bit before the game begins. I can’t.. I WONT let everyone down.
{Alli - Interacting with: Just Sycamore basically - Location: somewhere idk }

Alli looked down at the dragon, and felt Alittle at ease, so they let go of their skirt and just waved their arms a bit “I’m.. I’m glad I could help! I won’t let you down.” They said in all seriousness. This flag was the only thing going to keep them and their team safe, they had to protect it.

Alli begans to pick at their dulled nails, possibly hoping to sharpen them up a bit before the game begins. I can’t.. I WONT let everyone down.
1896.png
~ They / They
~ Fr +3
~ pfp boy
46444.png
~ Home Page
~ Commissions!
~ FR Holiday Dragons
NAZTECH.
Golden light glints off of Naztech's head as he strides around the edge of the forest, mapping the territory in his mind while he idly wanders. Not terribly helpful for his plans, but Rome wasn't built in a day. After all, he'd never witnessed the city himself, but he's had the pleasure of meeting several supernatural individual who had. Often had the pleasure of protecting his contractors from them too. Really, some of them were much too trigger-happy, considering their age.

In those moments, being only half-adjacent to living makes all the difference, as proved by a rock that clatters down to hit the trumpet with a resounding clank. The metallic sound echoes inside of his head, leaving Naztech to look up towards the direction of his unexpected assault with only marginal confusion instead of a concussion.

Truthfully, it seems like something one of his particularly anti-magic charges would do to catch his attention, which is why he's surprised to see what appears to be another teacher. "Hello to you too?" Naztech says, friendliness in place of the indignation that most would react with.

"And I wouldn't say you missed anything too important. We did discuss the Templar, but it didn't get anywhere. I can get you the minutes too, so really, I wouldn't call yourself a disappointment for missing the meeting. Our Headmaster seems rather kind, so I wouldn't expect him to hold it against you."

Of course, considering Naztech's position, few would consider being called 'kind' a compliment, more an evaluation as a pushover. Still, Naztech is well aware that humanity has a tendency to find steel in crucial situations. He's truly being literal, nothing more and nothing less.
NAZTECH.
Golden light glints off of Naztech's head as he strides around the edge of the forest, mapping the territory in his mind while he idly wanders. Not terribly helpful for his plans, but Rome wasn't built in a day. After all, he'd never witnessed the city himself, but he's had the pleasure of meeting several supernatural individual who had. Often had the pleasure of protecting his contractors from them too. Really, some of them were much too trigger-happy, considering their age.

In those moments, being only half-adjacent to living makes all the difference, as proved by a rock that clatters down to hit the trumpet with a resounding clank. The metallic sound echoes inside of his head, leaving Naztech to look up towards the direction of his unexpected assault with only marginal confusion instead of a concussion.

Truthfully, it seems like something one of his particularly anti-magic charges would do to catch his attention, which is why he's surprised to see what appears to be another teacher. "Hello to you too?" Naztech says, friendliness in place of the indignation that most would react with.

"And I wouldn't say you missed anything too important. We did discuss the Templar, but it didn't get anywhere. I can get you the minutes too, so really, I wouldn't call yourself a disappointment for missing the meeting. Our Headmaster seems rather kind, so I wouldn't expect him to hold it against you."

Of course, considering Naztech's position, few would consider being called 'kind' a compliment, more an evaluation as a pushover. Still, Naztech is well aware that humanity has a tendency to find steel in crucial situations. He's truly being literal, nothing more and nothing less.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7