Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ24] - Mistral Meals (Closed!)
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 24
[center][b]Day 4[/b] [b]Dish:[/b] Pelican Burgers [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/498870/49886956.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/456979/45697842.png[/img] [item=spot-billed pelican][item=fish oil][item=water shield] [item=water lettuce][item=ashfall prickler][/center] Delta and Anaconda walk into the tent, very excited about the seafood-themed day. Hailing from the Sea of a Thousand Currents, that is their specialty! So, like Compote, they are disappointed and slightly offended by the only slightly-related-to-fish items that get revealed. "How are we supposed to make any seafood with this?" Anaconda lets out an exasperated sigh. "I had so many ideas and now-" she gestures at the ingredients as if that is all she needs to say. Delta sighs as well. It was too good to be true... At least some of these ingredients are familiar to her. They should be able to find a starting place from there. Delta picks up one of the water shields, snapping it in her claws and then taking a bite out of the corner. They aren't the tastiest, but they have a distinct texture that is hard to find in many other water-dwelling plants. They also make for great chips when baked and seasoned generously. She picks up another and waves it towards Anaconda. "Hey, do you think we could do anything with these as a side? That's the only lead I have." Anaconda frowns as she thinks. "I guess the pelican has to be our main dish, it's the only substantial meat here. And the fish oil could be a sort of dressing. How about some classic pelican burgers?" "Sounds good to me!" Both of the Wildclaws begin to take out the ingredients for the dish, and it doesn't take them long. There's not much to it besides the meat, which is set to grill on the stovetop, and the lilypad "chips" that are put into the oven to bake. Delta also grabs a head of water lettuce to use on top of the burgers and Anaconda starts to whisk up a sort of aioli with the fish oil and some ashfall pricklers she found. They should add an interesting spice to an otherwise bland meat. When everything is nice and cooked, the pair plate the burger on some rustic-looking metalware, topped with the sauce and the lettuce and on a toasted bun. They put a thicker ashfall prickler sauce on the side of the plate to dip the crispy water shields in (which are also very well seasoned). "Well, for being a backup plan," Delta muses as she snaps a chip in half and dips it in the sauce, "I think this turned out pretty okay!"
Day 4

Dish: Pelican Burgers
49886956.png45697842.png
Spot-billed Pelican Fish Oil Water Shield
Water Lettuce Ashfall Prickler

Delta and Anaconda walk into the tent, very excited about the seafood-themed day. Hailing from the Sea of a Thousand Currents, that is their specialty! So, like Compote, they are disappointed and slightly offended by the only slightly-related-to-fish items that get revealed.

"How are we supposed to make any seafood with this?" Anaconda lets out an exasperated sigh. "I had so many ideas and now-" she gestures at the ingredients as if that is all she needs to say.

Delta sighs as well. It was too good to be true... At least some of these ingredients are familiar to her. They should be able to find a starting place from there.

Delta picks up one of the water shields, snapping it in her claws and then taking a bite out of the corner. They aren't the tastiest, but they have a distinct texture that is hard to find in many other water-dwelling plants. They also make for great chips when baked and seasoned generously. She picks up another and waves it towards Anaconda. "Hey, do you think we could do anything with these as a side? That's the only lead I have."

Anaconda frowns as she thinks. "I guess the pelican has to be our main dish, it's the only substantial meat here. And the fish oil could be a sort of dressing. How about some classic pelican burgers?"

"Sounds good to me!"

Both of the Wildclaws begin to take out the ingredients for the dish, and it doesn't take them long. There's not much to it besides the meat, which is set to grill on the stovetop, and the lilypad "chips" that are put into the oven to bake. Delta also grabs a head of water lettuce to use on top of the burgers and Anaconda starts to whisk up a sort of aioli with the fish oil and some ashfall pricklers she found. They should add an interesting spice to an otherwise bland meat.

When everything is nice and cooked, the pair plate the burger on some rustic-looking metalware, topped with the sauce and the lettuce and on a toasted bun. They put a thicker ashfall prickler sauce on the side of the plate to dip the crispy water shields in (which are also very well seasoned).

"Well, for being a backup plan," Delta muses as she snaps a chip in half and dips it in the sauce, "I think this turned out pretty okay!"
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56050724][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/560508/56050724_350.png[/img][/url] Zolin looked over the ingredients and sighed. She was so tempted to just re-do yesterday's wraps with the new ingredients - it would be so easy, the oil was even right there! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71008331][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/710084/71008331_350.png[/img][/url] Stelle rushed in. "Sorry, sorry, sorry - I know I'm late, but you know they wanted someone to go along with Roseblood to the party, and-" "No excuses. I've done the last three dishes - you do this one. I'm going to sit down," Zolin said, sliding the ingredients closer to the obelisk on the counter before leaving." "Oh, um- I suppose that's fair. Umm, yea, let's see here... Oh, I know!" Stelle waved to the big Imperial that had presented the ingredients. "Hi, can I get some all-pupose flour, garlic, ginger, salt, sesame oil, starch, and soy sauce? Thank you!!" She further rolled up her sleeves, and got to work mixing up a dumpling wrapper dough. These weren't going to get to rest for as long as she'd like, but she could at least give them as much time as possible! After she'd mixed and kneaded the dough, one of the organizer dragons came by with all the ingredients she'd requested. She thanked them, and left her dough to rest while she prepped the pelicans and beetles, sending each ingredient (separately) through a meat grinder. She kneaded her dough a few more times, then set it to cool in a nearby fridge. [i]Thank you, lighting and ice flights[/i], she thought to herself, turning back to the filling. She chopped up the water shields next, then minced the ginger and garlic, before setting all the plant ingredients together to saute in the fish oil to add a bit more fishy flavor to the mix. After she'd added that and the salt and let it cook a bit longer, she took it off the heat to cool, moving to her meaty ingredients. She added the starch to the meats, then the remaining flavorings, then her cooked vegetables, mixing it all together into a paste. After retrieving them from the fridge, she then folded the paste into her dumpling wrappers, being careful with the pleatings to ensure that they both looked nice and would stay shut. Finally, she put them and some more of the fish oil in a pan to cook, then added water to let them steam, and finally removed the dumplings to plate them for the judges, using the last water shields underneath them as a garnish.
56050724_350.png
Zolin looked over the ingredients and sighed. She was so tempted to just re-do yesterday's wraps with the new ingredients - it would be so easy, the oil was even right there!
71008331_350.png
Stelle rushed in. "Sorry, sorry, sorry - I know I'm late, but you know they wanted someone to go along with Roseblood to the party, and-"
"No excuses. I've done the last three dishes - you do this one. I'm going to sit down," Zolin said, sliding the ingredients closer to the obelisk on the counter before leaving."
"Oh, um- I suppose that's fair. Umm, yea, let's see here... Oh, I know!" Stelle waved to the big Imperial that had presented the ingredients. "Hi, can I get some all-pupose flour, garlic, ginger, salt, sesame oil, starch, and soy sauce? Thank you!!"
She further rolled up her sleeves, and got to work mixing up a dumpling wrapper dough. These weren't going to get to rest for as long as she'd like, but she could at least give them as much time as possible!
After she'd mixed and kneaded the dough, one of the organizer dragons came by with all the ingredients she'd requested. She thanked them, and left her dough to rest while she prepped the pelicans and beetles, sending each ingredient (separately) through a meat grinder. She kneaded her dough a few more times, then set it to cool in a nearby fridge. Thank you, lighting and ice flights, she thought to herself, turning back to the filling. She chopped up the water shields next, then minced the ginger and garlic, before setting all the plant ingredients together to saute in the fish oil to add a bit more fishy flavor to the mix. After she'd added that and the salt and let it cook a bit longer, she took it off the heat to cool, moving to her meaty ingredients. She added the starch to the meats, then the remaining flavorings, then her cooked vegetables, mixing it all together into a paste. After retrieving them from the fridge, she then folded the paste into her dumpling wrappers, being careful with the pleatings to ensure that they both looked nice and would stay shut. Finally, she put them and some more of the fish oil in a pan to cook, then added water to let them steam, and finally removed the dumplings to plate them for the judges, using the last water shields underneath them as a garnish.
NM0r94k.png Ala3t4v.png
D9xaprH.png
ypcKWM0.png
9R2Unq1.png
nnBylsC.png
ZqTATLu.png
V9BoEMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
7UXlQKU.gif
q9EEy5M.png
878OlvW.png
[center][b][u]Day 4[/u] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23111612][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/231117/23111612_350.png[/img][/url] [item=Spot-billed Pelican][item=Nogglebane Leaf Beetle][item=Fish Oil][item=Water Shield] [i]Spot-billed Pelican/ Nogglebane Leaf Beetle / Fish Oil / Water Shield[/i][/b][/center] Snickerdoodle kept it simple for today's dish - she chopped up the [b]Spot-billed Pelican [/b]meat and [b]Nogglebane Leaf Beetles[/b] into tiny pieces, mixed it with rice and spices, then scooped the mixture into [b]Water Shields[/b] and wrapped them up like spring rolls before deep-frying them in [b]Fish Oil.[/b] Hopefully people would like her pelican-and-beetle spring rolls!
Day 4
23111612_350.png
Spot-billed Pelican Nogglebane Leaf Beetle Fish Oil Water Shield
Spot-billed Pelican/ Nogglebane Leaf Beetle / Fish Oil / Water Shield

Snickerdoodle kept it simple for today's dish - she chopped up the Spot-billed Pelican meat and Nogglebane Leaf Beetles into tiny pieces, mixed it with rice and spices, then scooped the mixture into Water Shields and wrapped them up like spring rolls before deep-frying them in Fish Oil. Hopefully people would like her pelican-and-beetle spring rolls!
Na5WGHa.png
Day 4 Wednesday [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91814605][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/918147/91814605_350.png[/img][/url] Oh dear, the theme is fishy today. But upon seeing that fish oil is one of the ingredients, Lavender got an idea. He plucks the pelican and makes sure to get as much meat from it as possible. Said meat is getting chopped in tiny pieces. Half of those meat pieces and the whole nogglebane leaf beetle get mixed up in a processing machine until a gooey mixture is left. Lavender then stirrs in the other half of the pelican meat pieces. Then he distrubutes the goo into enlongated shapes, the size of his own big toeclaws and let them cool in a fridge. What also is getting chopped is the water shield. The pieces of water shield get's mixed with dry breadcrumbs Lavender starts up the fire underneath a big pan filled with fish oil. As the oil is heating up, he takes out the cooled and now much more solid goo. He puts each piece in the bowl of crumbs of bread and water shield to ensure each side is covered. With a long spoon, he then lowers the breaded goo into the pan of bubbling fish oil. After a few minites he takes them back out. He proudly presents his newest making on a plate. ''Fishy croquettes,'' he says with a grin. ''Crunchy on the outside, gooey on the inside.''
Day 4 Wednesday

91814605_350.png

Oh dear, the theme is fishy today. But upon seeing that fish oil is one of the ingredients, Lavender got an idea. He plucks the pelican and makes sure to get as much meat from it as possible. Said meat is getting chopped in tiny pieces. Half of those meat pieces and the whole nogglebane leaf beetle get mixed up in a processing machine until a gooey mixture is left. Lavender then stirrs in the other half of the pelican meat pieces. Then he distrubutes the goo into enlongated shapes, the size of his own big toeclaws and let them cool in a fridge.
What also is getting chopped is the water shield. The pieces of water shield get's mixed with dry breadcrumbs
Lavender starts up the fire underneath a big pan filled with fish oil.
As the oil is heating up, he takes out the cooled and now much more solid goo. He puts each piece in the bowl of crumbs of bread and water shield to ensure each side is covered. With a long spoon, he then lowers the breaded goo into the pan of bubbling fish oil. After a few minites he takes them back out.
He proudly presents his newest making on a plate.
''Fishy croquettes,'' he says with a grin. ''Crunchy on the outside, gooey on the inside.''
jt3PpxV.pngdxdR1C3.png2uwgHqB.png
[center][font=georgia][size=6][b]-Day 4-[/b][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91713710][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=16&bodygene=247&breed=24&element=2&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=244&winggene=279&wings=47&auth=bbab59fd03d8e473c5c3978f708d54789dc77e92&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center][rule][font=georgia] Sherburst came up to the table a bit later than usual, profusely apologizing for her delay. She grabbed her ingredients and rushed to her station, working quick to prepare something before the timer was out. [center][font=georgia][item=Spot-billed Pelican][item=Nogglebane Leaf Beetle][item=Water Shield] Spot-billed Pelican / Nogglebane Leaf Beetle / Water Shield[/center][font=georgia] She defeathered the bird as always, baked it in the oven snd worked on the rest of the dish. She decided the best course of action was to make the bird the main part of the dish, so she went ahead and started plating. She placed down a few Water Shields on the plate and arranged the Beetles in a delicate pattern. Once the bird was done she quickly put it down and pushed her display forward. "It's a bit rushed, I know, but I offer you [b]"Bird n Bugs![/b]"
-Day 4-
dragon?age=1&body=16&bodygene=247&breed=24&element=2&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=244&winggene=279&wings=47&auth=bbab59fd03d8e473c5c3978f708d54789dc77e92&dummyext=prev.png

Sherburst came up to the table a bit later than usual, profusely apologizing for her delay. She grabbed her ingredients and rushed to her station, working quick to prepare something before the timer was out.
Spot-billed Pelican Nogglebane Leaf Beetle Water Shield
Spot-billed Pelican / Nogglebane Leaf Beetle / Water Shield

She defeathered the bird as always, baked it in the oven snd worked on the rest of the dish. She decided the best course of action was to make the bird the main part of the dish, so she went ahead and started plating. She placed down a few Water Shields on the plate and arranged the Beetles in a delicate pattern. Once the bird was done she quickly put it down and pushed her display forward.

"It's a bit rushed, I know, but I offer you "Bird n Bugs!"

o2nagQx.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
EEEEE
Formally DrShadowCipher
- When using for art games please use scries of my dragons!
- Badge Addict
EEEEE T8jnlRr.jpg
@Mistral Meals General Pinglist
@Mistral Meals Challenges Only

Day 5 is up and ready to go!

Also just wanted to give an FYI that I wasn't able to get through as much entry logging last night as I usualy do, so there's still some Day 3 entries outstanding before I can move onto Day 4.
@Mistral Meals General Pinglist
@Mistral Meals Challenges Only

Day 5 is up and ready to go!

Also just wanted to give an FYI that I wasn't able to get through as much entry logging last night as I usualy do, so there's still some Day 3 entries outstanding before I can move onto Day 4.
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
hi i'm not sure if anyone asked but are the badges available to purchase for days you missed? :)
hi i'm not sure if anyone asked but are the badges available to purchase for days you missed? :)
ySNe18a.png
4MbPoqE.pngmlHpBMC.png
7nrEOpT.pngypcKWM0.png
ll0CfnD.pngYw8EvNQ.png
FObX7rS.pngtNdq8a4.png
5hF3FGk.pngS3J5uo7.png
k8LYvAw.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92916394][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/929164/92916394_350.png[/img][/url] [item=Cricket][item=Pumpkinseed Sunfish][item=Brussels Sprouts][/center] Pepperberry’s feeling a little despondent about the state of his home clan’s culinary situation. If they’ve turned to [i]him[/i] at this point, and only because - to quote the reason given - his parents “have that whole spices naming scheme going on or something,” well. It doesn’t bode well. (Upon reflection most of the terrifying monsters in the clan eat, like, people’s nightmares and souls and things, and the actual dragons include weird little creatures who eat things raw and picky, busy workaholics who definitely don’t cook, so. It makes a horrible kind of sense.) Anyway. Just because he can see that something’s wrong doesn’t mean he knows how to actually cook, either. Brussels sprouts he understands. He appreciates a good grouse, and so he steers clear of it, because he doesn’t want to waste ingredients on his inexpert claws (and maybe if some other participants use it he can beg a bite off them later). Roasting, roasting. He politely stands in line for an oven, and dumps as much seasoning as he can find onto the fish and sprouts - cumin, turmeric, cloves, allspice, salt, salt, salt… Oops. Too much salt. He spares the crickets in case someone legally has to eat something from what he’s making. There! Kind of burnt, and a little hard to tell the original colour from all the various powders he dumped onto it, but it sure smells… different. From how it started. The transformational magic of cooking.
92916394_350.png
Cricket Pumpkinseed Sunfish Brussels Sprouts

Pepperberry’s feeling a little despondent about the state of his home clan’s culinary situation. If they’ve turned to him at this point, and only because - to quote the reason given - his parents “have that whole spices naming scheme going on or something,” well. It doesn’t bode well.

(Upon reflection most of the terrifying monsters in the clan eat, like, people’s nightmares and souls and things, and the actual dragons include weird little creatures who eat things raw and picky, busy workaholics who definitely don’t cook, so. It makes a horrible kind of sense.)

Anyway. Just because he can see that something’s wrong doesn’t mean he knows how to actually cook, either. Brussels sprouts he understands. He appreciates a good grouse, and so he steers clear of it, because he doesn’t want to waste ingredients on his inexpert claws (and maybe if some other participants use it he can beg a bite off them later).

Roasting, roasting. He politely stands in line for an oven, and dumps as much seasoning as he can find onto the fish and sprouts - cumin, turmeric, cloves, allspice, salt, salt, salt… Oops. Too much salt. He spares the crickets in case someone legally has to eat something from what he’s making.

There! Kind of burnt, and a little hard to tell the original colour from all the various powders he dumped onto it, but it sure smells… different. From how it started. The transformational magic of cooking.
adopt-sig.pngxxxrva7IHk.pngxxxroad-not-taken-button-90px.pngxxx4XpFW61.png
@romeow

Not typically, but I did make an offer to another participant who asked for an exchange of sorts. I'll PM you about it when I get home today.
@romeow

Not typically, but I did make an offer to another participant who asked for an exchange of sorts. I'll PM you about it when I get home today.
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[center][font=courier][size=4][b]day 5[/b][/size][/font] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91809513][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/918096/91809513_350.png[/img][/url] "[b][i]Brussels sprouts[/i][/b]!" Ellyllon's delighted gasp can be heard on the other side of the room, and anyone who looks over to his station can see the coatl doing a little jig as he cradles the basket of sprouts like a newborn hatchling. "Everybody hates you, yes they do," he coos as he plucks one out with a claw and inspects it. "But not me~" [font=courier][size=4][b]brussels sprouts-in-a-blanket[/b][/size] 32 small Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed 2 tablespoons foraged acorn oil Rough salt and freshly ground black pepper 1/2 cup grated and salted cricket 1 sheet puff pastry 1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature 4 ounces thinly sliced coral grouse Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake, stirring the sprouts once halfway through cooking, until golden brown and tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer the baking sheet to a rack and let cool completely. Leave the oven on. Sprinkle the grated cricket evenly on a work surface and lay the pastry sheet over it. Roll the dough into a 12-inch square, sweeping up any loose cricket onto the dough and pressing it in place. Use an offset spatula or table knife to spread the butter over the pastry so it covers it from edge to edge in a thin, even coating. Lay the grouse slices over the butter so it covers the pastry completely. Cut the pastry square in half to make two 12-by-6-inch rectangles. Cut each rectangle crosswise into eight 1 1/2-inch-wide, 6-inch-long strips. Then cut each strip diagonally lengthwise so you have 32 long, narrow triangles. Place a Brussels sprout at the wide end of each triangle, then roll it up in each strip toward the tip (it will look like a crescent roll with the Brussels sprout peeking out on each end). Transfer each bundle to a parchment-lined baking sheet and space 1 inch apart. Rake up all the excess grated cricket on the work surface and sprinkle it on top of the rolls. Bake until the pastry is golden brown and the Brussels sprouts are warmed through, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish. ------------------------- (fun fact i actually hate brussels sprouts, but the recipe i tweaked for this sounds p. tasty)
day 5

91809513_350.png

"Brussels sprouts!"

Ellyllon's delighted gasp can be heard on the other side of the room, and anyone who looks over to his station can see the coatl doing a little jig as he cradles the basket of sprouts like a newborn hatchling. "Everybody hates you, yes they do," he coos as he plucks one out with a claw and inspects it. "But not me~"

brussels sprouts-in-a-blanket

32 small Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed

2 tablespoons foraged acorn oil

Rough salt and freshly ground black pepper

1/2 cup grated and salted cricket

1 sheet puff pastry

1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature

4 ounces thinly sliced coral grouse

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake, stirring the sprouts once halfway through cooking, until golden brown and tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer the baking sheet to a rack and let cool completely. Leave the oven on.

Sprinkle the grated cricket evenly on a work surface and lay the pastry sheet over it. Roll the dough into a 12-inch square, sweeping up any loose cricket onto the dough and pressing it in place. Use an offset spatula or table knife to spread the butter over the pastry so it covers it from edge to edge in a thin, even coating. Lay the grouse slices over the butter so it covers the pastry completely. Cut the pastry square in half to make two 12-by-6-inch rectangles. Cut each rectangle crosswise into eight 1 1/2-inch-wide, 6-inch-long strips. Then cut each strip diagonally lengthwise so you have 32 long, narrow triangles. Place a Brussels sprout at the wide end of each triangle, then roll it up in each strip toward the tip (it will look like a crescent roll with the Brussels sprout peeking out on each end).
Transfer each bundle to a parchment-lined baking sheet and space 1 inch apart. Rake up all the excess grated cricket on the work surface and sprinkle it on top of the rolls. Bake until the pastry is golden brown and the Brussels sprouts are warmed through, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish.

(fun fact i actually hate brussels sprouts, but the recipe i tweaked for this sounds p. tasty)
wishlistg1 salesbadge collectionthe nest - perma sales threadblank canvas hatchery
IMG-1405.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 24