Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Star Station (Bounty Hunt)
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
@venusian (No worries! I put hooks in my response to the prompt, they were there for you to take or leave! I'm always glad to see more worldbuilding!) [img]https://i.imgur.com/lwRDOw6.png[/img] "Oh!" Riku says, ears perking. "You can talk!" He moves his head down to her level, listening through her reassurances and heartfelt defense of the station management. "Well, I can't say I expected that you could speak - rabbits are generally such quiet creatures - but I'm pleased to meet you, Misuzu. Also, it's good to hear from the, uh, "boots on the ground" as it were, about how the conditions are here. And thank you," he says, turning his head to Solaire, "for the further explanation of how things work, Mr. Solaire. I really appreciate it, both of you." [img]https://i.imgur.com/2zcJ5As.png[/img] Anemia put their reward into her pack, then cleared her throat. "We may as well get a new bounty while we're here, save ourselves the trip." She looked sidelong at Riku. "How about a fetch quest this time? Should be a little less... fraught for you." Riku looked as though he was thinking it over, scratching the head of the cat who had taken the nymph's spot on his head. "Well, I do trust their process more now..." he sighed, petting a different cat as she came forward for attention. "But it's a bit hard to part with them after I've befriended them, you're right. That's probably a good idea." She nodded, then moved forward quickly. "Number [b]71[/b] for a [b]fetch quest[/b]!"
@venusian
(No worries! I put hooks in my response to the prompt, they were there for you to take or leave! I'm always glad to see more worldbuilding!)
lwRDOw6.png

"Oh!" Riku says, ears perking. "You can talk!" He moves his head down to her level, listening through her reassurances and heartfelt defense of the station management. "Well, I can't say I expected that you could speak - rabbits are generally such quiet creatures - but I'm pleased to meet you, Misuzu. Also, it's good to hear from the, uh, "boots on the ground" as it were, about how the conditions are here. And thank you," he says, turning his head to Solaire, "for the further explanation of how things work, Mr. Solaire. I really appreciate it, both of you."
2zcJ5As.png

Anemia put their reward into her pack, then cleared her throat. "We may as well get a new bounty while we're here, save ourselves the trip." She looked sidelong at Riku. "How about a fetch quest this time? Should be a little less... fraught for you."

Riku looked as though he was thinking it over, scratching the head of the cat who had taken the nymph's spot on his head. "Well, I do trust their process more now..." he sighed, petting a different cat as she came forward for attention. "But it's a bit hard to part with them after I've befriended them, you're right. That's probably a good idea."

She nodded, then moved forward quickly. "Number 71 for a fetch quest!"
NM0r94k.png Ala3t4v.png
D9xaprH.png
ypcKWM0.png
9R2Unq1.png
nnBylsC.png
ZqTATLu.png
V9BoEMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
7UXlQKU.gif
q9EEy5M.png
878OlvW.png
[i]"Breaker-Breaker, coming through! Breaker waaaants-"[/i] She weaved through the crowd, announcing her presence with a rhyme. As she blended in with the rest, however, her voice abruptly faded away... [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93312326][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/933124/93312326.png[/img][/url][/center] ...until she popped right back up at the desk! [i]"-a Fetch Quest from you!"[/i] She waved. "How's 164 sound? I thought on that one for a bit already. ...Ah- the Fetch Quest, I mean, not the song."
"Breaker-Breaker, coming through!
Breaker waaaants-"

She weaved through the crowd, announcing her presence with a rhyme. As she blended in with the rest, however, her voice abruptly faded away...

93312326.png

...until she popped right back up at the desk!

"-a Fetch Quest from you!" She waved. "How's 164 sound? I thought on that one for a bit already.

...Ah- the Fetch Quest, I mean, not the song."
0ZGGXxK.png
7ophKeo.png
mlHpBMC.png

rix3ppo.png
|
|
|
|
|
|

aLfu5UL.png
MIRIE
ENJOYER
ZONE
apUeZZ4.png
mirie.png
I've sprained my elbow and typing is a bit difficult at the moment, please forgive the lack of roleplay! o7 @mngwa [center][quote][b]S3-W8-N71[/b] [item=Tertiary Sandsurge Gene: Rockbreaker] "You can only reveal precious things inside by breaking them. Don't apply that to things other than geodes." This contract is a Fetch Quest. You have been assigned the task of locating and retrieving an item of XXX origin. By accepting this contract, you agree to abide by Interstellar Plundering Law. Any action you take outside said law will be your sole responsibility, and neither U&P Enterprises nor The Star Station are liable.[/quote][/center] [rule] @loneseacucumber [center][quote][b]S3-W8-N#[/b] [item=Vista: Autumn] "Some say that autumn is a time of death - that every fallen leaf takes a memory with it." This contract is a Fetch Quest. You have been assigned the task of locating and retrieving an item of XXX origin. By accepting this contract, you agree to abide by Interstellar Plundering Law. Any action you take outside said law will be your sole responsibility, and neither U&P Enterprises nor The Star Station are liable.[/quote][/center]
I've sprained my elbow and typing is a bit difficult at the moment, please forgive the lack of roleplay! o7

@mngwa
Quote:
S3-W8-N71

Tertiary Sandsurge Gene: Rockbreaker
"You can only reveal precious things inside by breaking them. Don't apply that to things other than geodes."

This contract is a Fetch Quest. You have been assigned the task of locating and retrieving an item of XXX origin. By accepting this contract, you agree to abide by Interstellar Plundering Law. Any action you take outside said law will be your sole responsibility, and neither U&P Enterprises nor The Star Station are liable.

@loneseacucumber
Quote:
S3-W8-N#

Vista: Autumn
"Some say that autumn is a time of death - that every fallen leaf takes a memory with it."

This contract is a Fetch Quest. You have been assigned the task of locating and retrieving an item of XXX origin. By accepting this contract, you agree to abide by Interstellar Plundering Law. Any action you take outside said law will be your sole responsibility, and neither U&P Enterprises nor The Star Station are liable.
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
Alright! Distributed bounties. ^^ Please feel free to PM me if the reward I sent was incorrect. [emoji=planet size=1]
Alright! Distributed bounties. ^^ Please feel free to PM me if the reward I sent was incorrect.
87fTGkN.png ___ Regxlia | She/Her/Hers | FR+2
» Free Cauldron
» Wishlist
» Adopts
Contract Update

Fetch Quests now range from 1-257and Bounty Hunts range from 1-172! We wish you luck, Bounty Hunters! May RNG be in your favor next week as well.
Contract Update

Fetch Quests now range from 1-257and Bounty Hunts range from 1-172! We wish you luck, Bounty Hunters! May RNG be in your favor next week as well.
» Free Cauldron
» Wishlist
» Adopts
Sorry to hear about your elbow Venusian! No worries about no roleplay, I just hope that your elbow feels better soon! ~~~~~ [img]https://i.imgur.com/2zcJ5As.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/lwRDOw6.png[/img] As they returned to Anemia's ship, Anemia pulled out the bounty they'd picked up. "Geodes, huh?" She tilted her head, trying to think of where to find those. "Arlo's sure to have dug some up, right?" "Ehh," Riku said, drawing close to look over the bounty himself. "I don't think those form in the same place as fossils." "So where do we start looking, then?" "We should ask Auntie Velvet." "You're gonna make me go back to the lair again?" She huffed in frustration. "Fine. Go get all your animals buckled in, we're lifting off soon." ~~~~~ [img]https://i.imgur.com/qgUgdz0.png[/img] Velveteen was in her library again, of course. And sewing something for the newest batch of hatchlings, as per usual. She was a very.. predictable dragon, all together. "Do you know anything about geodes?" Anemia said, direct as usual. Velveteen raised an eyebrow at her, pausing in her stitching. "Are you asking because I am an earth dragon, or because I am widely read?" "Both," Riku said with a chuckle. "We need to find some geodes, for Anemia's newest bounty." "Odd form of bounty hunting," Velvet said with a smile. "Though I can't say I disapprove. I assume you're less interested in how they form than you are where to find them?" The pair nodded. "Then allow me to get a map, and I'll-" "Stop that!" Anemia snapped, as a pair of hatchlings - a guardian and a mischevious-looking aberration pair - grabbed at her feathered wing extensions. The two (three? aberrations were so difficult to figure out) hatchlings ran off, the guardian bumping into a shelf on his way out. Velveteen gasped, as the large vase on top of the shelf tipped, tipped, tipped tipped - then toppled over, off of the shelf to shatter on the ground below. Hearing the crash, the hatchlings (to their credit) slunk back to the library, heads low. Velveteen moved over to the pieces of the vase with a sigh. "Was anyone hurt?" The hatchlings shook their heads. "Well.... that's all right, then. No one's in trouble. It was foolish of me to keep that there." "But..." one of the aberration's heads spoke up. "What about your vase?" "Oh, it's all right. I'll see about repairing it. Just like I did with your mith doll, remember?" The aberration looked both relieved and confused, an expression easier with two heads. As though they were thinking [i]I don't think it works the same...[/i] "Anyways. Run along, little ones, I'll see to this," Velveteen said, standing to retrieve a broom. "Was that vase important?" Anemia asked. "Oh, not really. Sentimental, more. It was from my previous clan, back in the Earthshaker's realm." She swept up the pieces, then pulled out a small empty chest to put them in. "Hopefully, I'll be able to repair it. If not... well, it wasn't anything so important as all that. "Anyways," she said, putting the broom back where it had been, "I promised you geode locations." ~~~~~ Anemia walked towards the small clan that had taken up residence next to the ancient dry riverbed, thinking she'd introduce herself first before literally digging around in their territory. A snapper waved at her, and she waved back, walking closer to him. "Would it be all right if I dug for geodes here?" The snapper tilted his head at her. "I suppose. You should probably at least say hello to the matriarch first, though. And maybe pay her some for the right." Anemia shrugged. "Sure. Where is she?" He pointed one blunt foot at a mostly-outdoor pottery workshop. She waved in thanks, and headed for the shop, glad that it had (so far) been this easy. The massive kiln radiated heat, and she kept a good distance from it, looking for the dragon that must be in the shop. There were shelves upon shelves of pottery, too - finished, in-progress, unbaked. Some had very intricate designs, even porcelain or lacquer. Some was repaired, too - golden lines streaked across it, showing where cracks had been. Finally, she found the creator - a nocturne, working on the pottery wheel in the back corner of the cave that opened onto the rest of the shop. "Hey," Anemia said, raising her voice a bit to be heard over the wheel. The nocturne started a bit, then cursed as the wall of the vase she'd been making collapsed with her movement. She fixed it, ignoring Anemia, until she was satisfied and brought the wheel to a slow stop. "Who are you and what do you want?" "Uh- sorry for startling you. I'm looking for geodes, and I was hoping I could dig around here for them?" "Odd request. Sure, I don't care - in fact, I've got a few here that you can take. Keep finding them by the clay deposits." She hooked a claw at another corner of the cave, where a pile of ten or so geodes was. "They usually look like that, if you're wondering. Rounded, no sharp edges, a bit lighter than you'd expect a rock of that size." "Oh, excellent," Anemia said, zipping over to the geodes. "I'm leaving you a bit of treasure in exchange!" She added, quickly bundling the geodes into her pack. ~~~~ Riku poked his head out of his room as Anemia boarded the ship again. "How's it going?" "Good, already got 13 of them." "Really? That should be enough, right?" Anemia fiddled with her claws, annoyed. "I don't know. It doesn't say on the contract." "Oh. That's frustrating. Any idea how much they want?" "I just said no." "Hm... how about... the number you drew to get the contact?" "71?! Ugh, if I do that many, you're carrying them all when we turn them in." "No problem," he said. "Did you want help digging them up?" She shook her head. "No. I want you to head back to the clan, actually. Go get Velvet's vase." "Why?" "I've found someone who can fix it. That fancy way, with the gold." "Oh! Yea, sure, I can do that." He gave her a look, though, smiling. "What." "Nothing, nothing. You just always hate going there, yet you want to do something really nice for one of the Aunties." "Shut it and get things ready for liftoff." He laughed. "Sure, sure. You sure you're all right with being left here?" "I can fend for myself. And this way I can avoid an extra trip." "All right." He turned towards the cockpit, then turned back towards her. "The autopilot can handle getting me to the lair, right?" ~~~~~ [i]I should've made him stay and dig,[/i] Anemia thought to herself, stuffing another geode into her bag. She'd had to remove her wing enhancements to avoid getting them dirty, so she couldn't fly. She could feel the grit in her replacement jaw. And she was generally just coated in dirt. All around not pleasant. Her ears perked as she heard the engine of her ship coming in, and she turned to watch it land. Riku was down the gangplank pretty fast, the small chest from Velvet in hand. "I see you found it," she said, pleased despite herself. She dusted off her hands, then pulled herself out of the dry riverbed. "C'mon, I'll introduce you to the pottery matriarch. "And then," she added, walking beside Riku, "you're helping me dig." ~~~~~ "So, now that we're finished," Riku said, looking over the pile of geodes in their crate, "are we going to drop these off first, or the vase?" "Eh, let's get the vase over with first." She'd kept her wing enhancements off this time, to avoid tempting the hatchlings that always seemed to lurk in the corners of Velveteen's library. Besides, she hardly trusted herself to walk with this vase now, let alone fly in her clumsy spiral way. "Velvet?" she called into the library. The obelisk turned an ear towards her, finishing reading the line she was on, before turning her way. "Ah, Anemia and Riku! Did you need more guidance on finding geodes?" "Ah- no, actually. I wanted to give you something." "Oh, that's not-" she stopped mid-sentence, as Anemia unwrapped the vase. "How did you get that? Oh, it's lovely!" She reached a hand towards it, gently tracing figures on the surface. "Wait, this is..." she turned to where the chest of pieces had been, then back to the vase. "Very sneaky, Riku." "Sorry!" He called from behind Anemia, not sounding very sorry at all. "Well, that went well," Riku said, midway through their flight back to the station. "Mhm," Anemia replied. "I'm still surprised you did it, though." "Well," she said, her ears turning down in embarrassment, "you break it, you buy it, right?" Riku chuckled, but didn't heckle her further. Anemia hit the button on the wall for another number, before gesturing to Riku to join her in the line for the bounty desk. He was only along as a pack mule this time, hefting the crate of geodes for her. "Here you go," Anemia said as she got to the front of the line. "71 geodes!" Riku lifted the crate onto the desk, gently asking Misuzu to move before putting it down. "And if I could get a new bounty while I'm here, too - [b]bounty hunt number 65[/b]."
Sorry to hear about your elbow Venusian! No worries about no roleplay, I just hope that your elbow feels better soon!
~~~~~
2zcJ5As.png
lwRDOw6.png
As they returned to Anemia's ship, Anemia pulled out the bounty they'd picked up.

"Geodes, huh?" She tilted her head, trying to think of where to find those. "Arlo's sure to have dug some up, right?"

"Ehh," Riku said, drawing close to look over the bounty himself. "I don't think those form in the same place as fossils."

"So where do we start looking, then?"

"We should ask Auntie Velvet."

"You're gonna make me go back to the lair again?" She huffed in frustration. "Fine. Go get all your animals buckled in, we're lifting off soon."
~~~~~
qgUgdz0.png
Velveteen was in her library again, of course. And sewing something for the newest batch of hatchlings, as per usual. She was a very.. predictable dragon, all together.

"Do you know anything about geodes?" Anemia said, direct as usual.

Velveteen raised an eyebrow at her, pausing in her stitching. "Are you asking because I am an earth dragon, or because I am widely read?"

"Both," Riku said with a chuckle. "We need to find some geodes, for Anemia's newest bounty."

"Odd form of bounty hunting," Velvet said with a smile. "Though I can't say I disapprove. I assume you're less interested in how they form than you are where to find them?"

The pair nodded.

"Then allow me to get a map, and I'll-"

"Stop that!" Anemia snapped, as a pair of hatchlings - a guardian and a mischevious-looking aberration pair - grabbed at her feathered wing extensions.

The two (three? aberrations were so difficult to figure out) hatchlings ran off, the guardian bumping into a shelf on his way out.

Velveteen gasped, as the large vase on top of the shelf tipped, tipped, tipped tipped - then toppled over, off of the shelf to shatter on the ground below.

Hearing the crash, the hatchlings (to their credit) slunk back to the library, heads low.

Velveteen moved over to the pieces of the vase with a sigh. "Was anyone hurt?"

The hatchlings shook their heads.

"Well.... that's all right, then. No one's in trouble. It was foolish of me to keep that there."

"But..." one of the aberration's heads spoke up. "What about your vase?"

"Oh, it's all right. I'll see about repairing it. Just like I did with your mith doll, remember?"

The aberration looked both relieved and confused, an expression easier with two heads. As though they were thinking I don't think it works the same...

"Anyways. Run along, little ones, I'll see to this," Velveteen said, standing to retrieve a broom.

"Was that vase important?" Anemia asked.

"Oh, not really. Sentimental, more. It was from my previous clan, back in the Earthshaker's realm." She swept up the pieces, then pulled out a small empty chest to put them in. "Hopefully, I'll be able to repair it. If not... well, it wasn't anything so important as all that.
"Anyways," she said, putting the broom back where it had been, "I promised you geode locations."
~~~~~

Anemia walked towards the small clan that had taken up residence next to the ancient dry riverbed, thinking she'd introduce herself first before literally digging around in their territory.

A snapper waved at her, and she waved back, walking closer to him. "Would it be all right if I dug for geodes here?"

The snapper tilted his head at her. "I suppose. You should probably at least say hello to the matriarch first, though. And maybe pay her some for the right."

Anemia shrugged. "Sure. Where is she?"

He pointed one blunt foot at a mostly-outdoor pottery workshop. She waved in thanks, and headed for the shop, glad that it had (so far) been this easy.

The massive kiln radiated heat, and she kept a good distance from it, looking for the dragon that must be in the shop. There were shelves upon shelves of pottery, too - finished, in-progress, unbaked. Some had very intricate designs, even porcelain or lacquer. Some was repaired, too - golden lines streaked across it, showing where cracks had been. Finally, she found the creator - a nocturne, working on the pottery wheel in the back corner of the cave that opened onto the rest of the shop. "Hey," Anemia said, raising her voice a bit to be heard over the wheel.

The nocturne started a bit, then cursed as the wall of the vase she'd been making collapsed with her movement. She fixed it, ignoring Anemia, until she was satisfied and brought the wheel to a slow stop. "Who are you and what do you want?"

"Uh- sorry for startling you. I'm looking for geodes, and I was hoping I could dig around here for them?"

"Odd request. Sure, I don't care - in fact, I've got a few here that you can take. Keep finding them by the clay deposits." She hooked a claw at another corner of the cave, where a pile of ten or so geodes was. "They usually look like that, if you're wondering. Rounded, no sharp edges, a bit lighter than you'd expect a rock of that size."

"Oh, excellent," Anemia said, zipping over to the geodes. "I'm leaving you a bit of treasure in exchange!" She added, quickly bundling the geodes into her pack.
~~~~

Riku poked his head out of his room as Anemia boarded the ship again. "How's it going?"

"Good, already got 13 of them."

"Really? That should be enough, right?"

Anemia fiddled with her claws, annoyed. "I don't know. It doesn't say on the contract."

"Oh. That's frustrating. Any idea how much they want?"

"I just said no."

"Hm... how about... the number you drew to get the contact?"

"71?! Ugh, if I do that many, you're carrying them all when we turn them in."

"No problem," he said. "Did you want help digging them up?"

She shook her head. "No. I want you to head back to the clan, actually. Go get Velvet's vase."

"Why?"

"I've found someone who can fix it. That fancy way, with the gold."

"Oh! Yea, sure, I can do that." He gave her a look, though, smiling.

"What."

"Nothing, nothing. You just always hate going there, yet you want to do something really nice for one of the Aunties."

"Shut it and get things ready for liftoff."

He laughed. "Sure, sure. You sure you're all right with being left here?"

"I can fend for myself. And this way I can avoid an extra trip."

"All right." He turned towards the cockpit, then turned back towards her. "The autopilot can handle getting me to the lair, right?"
~~~~~

I should've made him stay and dig, Anemia thought to herself, stuffing another geode into her bag. She'd had to remove her wing enhancements to avoid getting them dirty, so she couldn't fly. She could feel the grit in her replacement jaw. And she was generally just coated in dirt. All around not pleasant.

Her ears perked as she heard the engine of her ship coming in, and she turned to watch it land. Riku was down the gangplank pretty fast, the small chest from Velvet in hand.

"I see you found it," she said, pleased despite herself. She dusted off her hands, then pulled herself out of the dry riverbed. "C'mon, I'll introduce you to the pottery matriarch.
"And then," she added, walking beside Riku, "you're helping me dig."
~~~~~

"So, now that we're finished," Riku said, looking over the pile of geodes in their crate, "are we going to drop these off first, or the vase?"

"Eh, let's get the vase over with first."

She'd kept her wing enhancements off this time, to avoid tempting the hatchlings that always seemed to lurk in the corners of Velveteen's library. Besides, she hardly trusted herself to walk with this vase now, let alone fly in her clumsy spiral way.
"Velvet?" she called into the library.

The obelisk turned an ear towards her, finishing reading the line she was on, before turning her way. "Ah, Anemia and Riku! Did you need more guidance on finding geodes?"

"Ah- no, actually. I wanted to give you something."

"Oh, that's not-" she stopped mid-sentence, as Anemia unwrapped the vase. "How did you get that? Oh, it's lovely!" She reached a hand towards it, gently tracing figures on the surface. "Wait, this is..." she turned to where the chest of pieces had been, then back to the vase. "Very sneaky, Riku."

"Sorry!" He called from behind Anemia, not sounding very sorry at all.

"Well, that went well," Riku said, midway through their flight back to the station.

"Mhm," Anemia replied.

"I'm still surprised you did it, though."

"Well," she said, her ears turning down in embarrassment, "you break it, you buy it, right?"

Riku chuckled, but didn't heckle her further.

Anemia hit the button on the wall for another number, before gesturing to Riku to join her in the line for the bounty desk. He was only along as a pack mule this time, hefting the crate of geodes for her.

"Here you go," Anemia said as she got to the front of the line. "71 geodes!"

Riku lifted the crate onto the desk, gently asking Misuzu to move before putting it down.

"And if I could get a new bounty while I'm here, too - bounty hunt number 65."
NM0r94k.png Ala3t4v.png
D9xaprH.png
ypcKWM0.png
9R2Unq1.png
nnBylsC.png
ZqTATLu.png
V9BoEMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
7UXlQKU.gif
q9EEy5M.png
878OlvW.png
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/37334/3733354.png[/img] [/center] "Bounty Hunt 12," Tide requests, having finally managed to clean the burning smell from his feathers. "And try to make it one with less fire this time."
3733354.png

"Bounty Hunt 12," Tide requests, having finally managed to clean the burning smell from his feathers. "And try to make it one with less fire this time."
ZincAlloy.gif
"Hmm... Got it!" It seems that was both a confirmation and a new idea of hers. She bounds away, ready to hunt again... ----- ... This is not what she thought she would be doing. Standing perfectly still, stuck in a staring contest with a cave full of bugs. Two giant, red eyes glow amidst a sky of lime dots, spirals locked in place, ever-so-slightly shifting to look at each of Breaker's features. She tries not to move. Bugs buzzing and humming fills the air. The rotting plants beneath her feet struggle in her claws. [i]Are those bugs communicating or something? Plotting my demise..? Oh, I never should've come here... Well, I do have my--[/i] She's startled by an unfamiliar voice - silky, but desperate at the edges. "You don't seem like you mean harm here... Do you?" It's the beast in the darkness below. Light hits the cave's walls in a way that finally offers [i]some[/i] dim lighting. It must be a dragon in there, she realizes, but how..? Her body coils and coils around the walls; trying to track its movements makes her dizzy. "You can be food or friend," she offers. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92311544][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/923116/92311544.png[/img][/url][/center] "I-..." Breaker slowly gestures to her satchel."I.. I just wanted to paint." "...Paint?" She perks up, folding her wings in, and suddenly isn't super threatening. Mostly. "You like to paint?! Why didn't you say so? I love painting!" ----- Clatterscale tries to restrain her excitement, reminding herself to order the colony that [i]no, we're not eating yet, this is a friend![/i] and to approach tentatively. Sharp movements are scary. Bringing her head into the light, she gives her best smile. It's been so long... She has to try her hardest! "So," she begins, "What do you want to paint? I've been practicing for a long time... There's plenty of drawings on my walls here, if you'd like to look, and.. uh- oh, wait, wait, you don't like bugs, do you? Ah..." She slithers back, trying to think of a solution for her silent guest. Breaker feels... a bit awkward, but it's better than mortal dread. She gently shakes a fly off of her claw. "Maybe we could--" "Ah, I have-- huh?" [size=2]"...Oh, no, you can go, it's all good!" "Oh, thank you, dear guest!" "Mhm!"[/size] "Right... Would you like to... paint together, perhaps? A gift of friendship, for us!" Breaker considers - what's the harm? It's not like she's gonna do anything... Surely not. That smile is far too warm to mean anything harmful. She just looks... lonely. Y'know what? "Yeah, sure, why not?" Taking quite a few steps out of the way, she makes room for the Auraboa and... she guesses she has to bring all of those bugs. Okay. This is Plague territory, after all... And she doesn't have that many tools. Are they homemade? Does she talonpaint? Huh. Either way, their journey begins as Breaker shows her acquaintance the contract. "It's this right here!" [center][item=vista: autumn][/center] "Ooh, how interesting... why is it yellow?" "For autumn! Just about the best season. Oh, um, what's your name?" "Mm, I was named..." She muses. Her parents are far from here... "Clatterscale." "Hm! Breaker. Nice to meet'cha, Clatterscale!" She can't exactly offer a hand to the dragon-snake - she doesn't know how just yet. "Yes, very nice!" She wears a constant smile with all her friends around. "Now, how to begin our painting... do you have.. something to draw on?" Breaker whips out a canvas, presenting it. "Indeed I do!" [size=2]"Wow..."[/size] Next, some paints. Brushes, too... Painting outside doesn't seem too bad, especially now that they're not close to the Wyrmwound. Breaker was hoping a tree would be up there or something, but nope. Her memory will have to suffice. She plants it down, ironically, on a dead tree stump. Here goes nothing... ----- So she [i]does[/i] talonpaint. Talonpaint only, it seems. "...Maybe you should do the leaves?" "Mm... yes." The branches are.. wobbly. "I don't use brushes very much," Clatterscale admits, putting the brush down. Breaker takes it up, handing her some paints. "Well, nothing we can't fix, right?" Clatter doesn't even gauge the work - she just nods. "Everything is fixable somehow... as flaws are to be celebrated! Nothing is perfect." ----- [right][size=2]"Hm... maybe one there? Yeah, yeah, right there! ...Actually, that makes a nice gradient."[/right] [center][size=2]"And..." Breaker focuses precisely... before deploying a focused stroke! A talon-leaf follows right after. Perfect teamwork![/center] [size=2]She backs away from the canvas. "Alright, I think it's..."[/size] "Done?" Clatterscale leans back as well, inspecting the work in comparison to the contract. The branches have been mostly fixed, with lots of talon- and claw-leaves at the edges, mostly following the contract's image. Mostly... It's messy; Clatterscale's wobbly branches can still be made out. They poke through a few branches and even muddy up some of the leaves. The gradient had to be painted last, since they both forgot it, leaving some white edges... ...But that's just called [i]style![/i] "Done!" "Hooray!" Clatterscale's many smaller legs tap on the ground, imitating applause. "Now, it has to dry... as you would know, of course." "Well, I'll be taking it all the way to the Star Station... But, eh, I guess you wouldn't want it to drip or anything." She sits down, organizing the tools again. Thankfully, not many brushes were needed - Breaker's water didn't survive the trip [i]at all.[/i] Not much cleaning to do. Clatterscale helps in the effort, carefully putting things into piles with her smaller legs. Her hands are covered in yellows, oranges, and browns. They converse as they clean, then wait for it to dry. The colony on Clatterscale had fallen asleep, but awakens now to move out of the way now that the Auraboa isn't so still from focusing. Breaker leaves her giant tool by the side of the stump the canvas was on, safely powered off. ----- Breaker had to leave once the sun began to set, but she made sure to exchange contacts on some spare paper. The journey home was quite a bit more dangerous, but the lightning arcing off of her little big thingamajig warded off just about every threat. Phew! All for a painting... just about worth it, though. ----- [i]"Breaker-Breaker has returned... ...with the painting she has earned!"[/i] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93312326][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/933124/93312326.png[/img][/url][/center] She presents it, alongside it's respective contract, to the Bounty Board desk. There's an entire satchel of artist's tools at her side now - did she learn to paint for this? "Here you are! I wound up meeting a totally cool dragon who helped me make it... She didn't have much experience with brushes and stuff, but I think it's still good! Consider it made with love. [size=2]Well, friendship, but you get the point.[/size]" She hands the painting over, making [i]sure[/i] not to damage it. Hopefully it'll end up fine at the end of that whole process they do... Yeah, it'll probably be fiiine. She shakes her head, looking back from a random spot on the far wall. "That's actually why it took so long to get here! I went all the way to the Rotrock Rim for this, since going over to the Labyrinth is probably too much money for me... But anyways! Next, how about, uh... Fetch Quest 99?"
"Hmm... Got it!" It seems that was both a confirmation and a new idea of hers. She bounds away, ready to hunt again...

This is not what she thought she would be doing.

Standing perfectly still, stuck in a staring contest with a cave full of bugs. Two giant, red eyes glow amidst a sky of lime dots, spirals locked in place, ever-so-slightly shifting to look at each of Breaker's features. She tries not to move.

Bugs buzzing and humming fills the air. The rotting plants beneath her feet struggle in her claws. Are those bugs communicating or something? Plotting my demise..? Oh, I never should've come here... Well, I do have my--

She's startled by an unfamiliar voice - silky, but desperate at the edges. "You don't seem like you mean harm here... Do you?"

It's the beast in the darkness below. Light hits the cave's walls in a way that finally offers some dim lighting. It must be a dragon in there, she realizes, but how..? Her body coils and coils around the walls; trying to track its movements makes her dizzy. "You can be food or friend," she offers.

92311544.png

"I-..." Breaker slowly gestures to her satchel."I.. I just wanted to paint."

"...Paint?" She perks up, folding her wings in, and suddenly isn't super threatening. Mostly. "You like to paint?! Why didn't you say so? I love painting!"

Clatterscale tries to restrain her excitement, reminding herself to order the colony that no, we're not eating yet, this is a friend! and to approach tentatively. Sharp movements are scary. Bringing her head into the light, she gives her best smile. It's been so long... She has to try her hardest!

"So," she begins, "What do you want to paint? I've been practicing for a long time... There's plenty of drawings on my walls here, if you'd like to look, and.. uh- oh, wait, wait, you don't like bugs, do you? Ah..." She slithers back, trying to think of a solution for her silent guest.

Breaker feels... a bit awkward, but it's better than mortal dread. She gently shakes a fly off of her claw. "Maybe we could--"

"Ah, I have-- huh?"

"...Oh, no, you can go, it's all good!"

"Oh, thank you, dear guest!"

"Mhm!"

"Right... Would you like to... paint together, perhaps? A gift of friendship, for us!"

Breaker considers - what's the harm? It's not like she's gonna do anything... Surely not. That smile is far too warm to mean anything harmful. She just looks... lonely. Y'know what? "Yeah, sure, why not?"

Taking quite a few steps out of the way, she makes room for the Auraboa and... she guesses she has to bring all of those bugs. Okay. This is Plague territory, after all... And she doesn't have that many tools. Are they homemade? Does she talonpaint? Huh.

Either way, their journey begins as Breaker shows her acquaintance the contract. "It's this right here!"
Vista: Autumn

"Ooh, how interesting... why is it yellow?"

"For autumn! Just about the best season. Oh, um, what's your name?"

"Mm, I was named..." She muses. Her parents are far from here... "Clatterscale."

"Hm! Breaker. Nice to meet'cha, Clatterscale!" She can't exactly offer a hand to the dragon-snake - she doesn't know how just yet.

"Yes, very nice!" She wears a constant smile with all her friends around. "Now, how to begin our painting... do you have.. something to draw on?"

Breaker whips out a canvas, presenting it. "Indeed I do!" "Wow..." Next, some paints. Brushes, too... Painting outside doesn't seem too bad, especially now that they're not close to the Wyrmwound. Breaker was hoping a tree would be up there or something, but nope. Her memory will have to suffice.

She plants it down, ironically, on a dead tree stump. Here goes nothing...

So she does talonpaint. Talonpaint only, it seems. "...Maybe you should do the leaves?"

"Mm... yes." The branches are.. wobbly. "I don't use brushes very much," Clatterscale admits, putting the brush down.

Breaker takes it up, handing her some paints. "Well, nothing we can't fix, right?"

Clatter doesn't even gauge the work - she just nods. "Everything is fixable somehow... as flaws are to be celebrated! Nothing is perfect."

"Hm... maybe one there? Yeah, yeah, right there!
...Actually, that makes a nice gradient."

"And..." Breaker focuses precisely... before deploying
a focused stroke! A talon-leaf follows right after.
Perfect teamwork!

She backs away from the canvas. "Alright, I think it's..."

"Done?" Clatterscale leans back as well, inspecting the work in comparison to the contract. The branches have been mostly fixed, with lots of talon- and claw-leaves at the edges, mostly following the contract's image. Mostly...

It's messy; Clatterscale's wobbly branches can still be made out. They poke through a few branches and even muddy up some of the leaves. The gradient had to be painted last, since they both forgot it, leaving some white edges...

...But that's just called style!

"Done!"

"Hooray!" Clatterscale's many smaller legs tap on the ground, imitating applause. "Now, it has to dry... as you would know, of course."

"Well, I'll be taking it all the way to the Star Station... But, eh, I guess you wouldn't want it to drip or anything." She sits down, organizing the tools again. Thankfully, not many brushes were needed - Breaker's water didn't survive the trip at all. Not much cleaning to do.

Clatterscale helps in the effort, carefully putting things into piles with her smaller legs. Her hands are covered in yellows, oranges, and browns.

They converse as they clean, then wait for it to dry. The colony on Clatterscale had fallen asleep, but awakens now to move out of the way now that the Auraboa isn't so still from focusing. Breaker leaves her giant tool by the side of the stump the canvas was on, safely powered off.

Breaker had to leave once the sun began to set, but she made sure to exchange contacts on some spare paper. The journey home was quite a bit more dangerous, but the lightning arcing off of her little big thingamajig warded off just about every threat. Phew!

All for a painting... just about worth it, though.

"Breaker-Breaker has returned...
...with the painting she has earned!"

93312326.png

She presents it, alongside it's respective contract, to the Bounty Board desk. There's an entire satchel of artist's tools at her side now - did she learn to paint for this?

"Here you are! I wound up meeting a totally cool dragon who helped me make it... She didn't have much experience with brushes and stuff, but I think it's still good! Consider it made with love. Well, friendship, but you get the point."

She hands the painting over, making sure not to damage it. Hopefully it'll end up fine at the end of that whole process they do... Yeah, it'll probably be fiiine. She shakes her head, looking back from a random spot on the far wall.

"That's actually why it took so long to get here! I went all the way to the Rotrock Rim for this, since going over to the Labyrinth is probably too much money for me... But anyways! Next, how about, uh... Fetch Quest 99?"
0ZGGXxK.png
7ophKeo.png
mlHpBMC.png

rix3ppo.png
|
|
|
|
|
|

aLfu5UL.png
MIRIE
ENJOYER
ZONE
apUeZZ4.png
mirie.png
[center]@mngwa [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56641299][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/566413/56641299p.png[/img][/url] Brushing off a thin film of dust as quickly as possible, Ria sets aside his duster in haste with a disgruntled expression. More so at his own lack of organization rather than the cleanliness, for once. [b]"Ahem, I apologize about the display."[/b] He slides over a contract with the edges of the paper tinted with frost. [b]"Safe travels, the weather is not kind to the unprepared."[/b] [quote][b]S3-W8-N65[/b] [item=Glitterfreeze Ambassador] "The charming prince has been known to rescue lost travelers from blizzards. We have a client seeking his expertise." This contract is a Bounty Hunt. You have been assigned the task of capturing and retrieving a beast of XXX origin. By accepting this contract, you agree to abide by Interstellar Hunting Law. Any action you take outside said law will be your sole responsibility, and neither U&P Enterprises nor The Star Station are liable.[/quote] @ZincAlloy [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56641299][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/566413/56641299p.png[/img][/url] [b]"Oh dear, it seems the last one was quite troublesome."[/b] Ria holds his breath when he draws out the next contract for Tide. Going by the smell lingering in the air, he had his own conclusions as to what happened with the previous one. Pulling out the next one, the thin threads of silk clinging to it were a surprise. [b]"Flammable, for one, if that's more acceptable?"[/b] [quote][b]S3-W8-N12[/b] [item=Wicked Smile] "Don't be deceived by their appearance; lands swathed in threads follow in their journey's wake." This contract is a Bounty Hunt. You have been assigned the task of capturing and retrieving a beast of XXX origin. By accepting this contract, you agree to abide by Interstellar Hunting Law. Any action you take outside said law will be your sole responsibility, and neither U&P Enterprises nor The Star Station are liable.[/quote] @loneseacucumber [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56641299][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/566413/56641299p.png[/img][/url] [b]"Sounds like a fun experience,"[/b] Ria smiles. He's not one to rely on cliche quotes too often, but it truly is the connections made along the way that are the most rewarding. Fiddling with the storage of contracts, small gemstones clatter on the ground when he locates Fetch Quest 99. He hums as he nudges them to the side to be picked up for later. [b]"Perhaps this one may help with funds."[/b] [quote][b]S3-W8-N99[/b] [item=Crystalcourt Cascades] "Though they may appear ornamental, each artificial jewel contains zettabytes of data." This contract is a Fetch Quest. You have been assigned the task of locating and retrieving an item of XXX origin. By accepting this contract, you agree to abide by Interstellar Plundering Law. Any action you take outside said law will be your sole responsibility, and neither U&P Enterprises nor The Star Station are liable.[/quote] [rule] Apologies for the delay, everyone! Updates can be expected soon; currently sorting out a few things to hopefully make this a more efficient process.
@mngwa

56641299p.png

Brushing off a thin film of dust as quickly as possible, Ria sets aside his duster in haste with a disgruntled expression. More so at his own lack of organization rather than the cleanliness, for once. "Ahem, I apologize about the display." He slides over a contract with the edges of the paper tinted with frost. "Safe travels, the weather is not kind to the unprepared."
Quote:
S3-W8-N65

Glitterfreeze Ambassador
"The charming prince has been known to rescue lost travelers from blizzards. We have a client seeking his expertise."

This contract is a Bounty Hunt. You have been assigned the task of capturing and retrieving a beast of XXX origin. By accepting this contract, you agree to abide by Interstellar Hunting Law. Any action you take outside said law will be your sole responsibility, and neither U&P Enterprises nor The Star Station are liable.

@ZincAlloy

56641299p.png

"Oh dear, it seems the last one was quite troublesome." Ria holds his breath when he draws out the next contract for Tide. Going by the smell lingering in the air, he had his own conclusions as to what happened with the previous one. Pulling out the next one, the thin threads of silk clinging to it were a surprise. "Flammable, for one, if that's more acceptable?"
Quote:
S3-W8-N12

Wicked Smile
"Don't be deceived by their appearance; lands swathed in threads follow in their journey's wake."

This contract is a Bounty Hunt. You have been assigned the task of capturing and retrieving a beast of XXX origin. By accepting this contract, you agree to abide by Interstellar Hunting Law. Any action you take outside said law will be your sole responsibility, and neither U&P Enterprises nor The Star Station are liable.

@loneseacucumber

56641299p.png

"Sounds like a fun experience," Ria smiles. He's not one to rely on cliche quotes too often, but it truly is the connections made along the way that are the most rewarding. Fiddling with the storage of contracts, small gemstones clatter on the ground when he locates Fetch Quest 99. He hums as he nudges them to the side to be picked up for later. "Perhaps this one may help with funds."
Quote:
S3-W8-N99

Crystalcourt Cascades
"Though they may appear ornamental, each artificial jewel contains zettabytes of data."

Apologies for the delay, everyone! Updates can be expected soon; currently sorting out a few things to hopefully make this a more efficient process.
» Free Cauldron
» Wishlist
» Adopts
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87193185][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/871932/87193185_350.png[/img][/url] It was getting to midnight and Riot ventured deep into the tangled wood looking for a slink. He peered through every bush and looked down every burrow. Death seekers flew in little murders overhead. The eyes of deadwood glowed against the shade of the trees. A twig snapped underneath Riot’s claws. A pair of wispwillow perytons darted away at the noise. Their feathered wings shimmered in the moonlight. So far Riot had only found a bunch of duskrats and moles. At one point he had been attacked by a territorial mole. He had never ran away so fast in his life. At last Riot reached a wall of thorns. From the darkness of the tangle, a pair of purple eyes gleamed back at him. An inky trail led to the creature. Surely this was it. Riot crouched towards it slowly. When he was a few feet away, he lept into the thorns. The slink darted away with ease. Riots arms sank painfully into the thorny vines. He forced himself to push forwards into the vines. The spikes shredded pieces of his clothing. A few of the thorns wedged themselves painfully between his scales. Riot got closer and grabbed the slink’s tail. It squeaked and turned around to bite him. Riot yelped in pain but he did not let go. He grabbed its body and pulled it out of the wall of thorny vines. The creature wriggled and flung its claws around wildly, but Riot only held on firmer. How could something be so cute yet so vicious. So fluffy yet so spiky. Riot returned to the station with the angry little creature in a cage. His ripped clothes were crudely sewn back together. [item=Brambleback Slink] Riot went to the scanner and got [b]fetch quest #87[/b]
87193185_350.png

It was getting to midnight and Riot ventured deep into the tangled wood looking for a slink. He peered through every bush and looked down every burrow. Death seekers flew in little murders overhead. The eyes of deadwood glowed against the shade of the trees. A twig snapped underneath Riot’s claws. A pair of wispwillow perytons darted away at the noise. Their feathered wings shimmered in the moonlight. So far Riot had only found a bunch of duskrats and moles. At one point he had been attacked by a territorial mole. He had never ran away so fast in his life.
At last Riot reached a wall of thorns. From the darkness of the tangle, a pair of purple eyes gleamed back at him. An inky trail led to the creature. Surely this was it. Riot crouched towards it slowly. When he was a few feet away, he lept into the thorns. The slink darted away with ease. Riots arms sank painfully into the thorny vines. He forced himself to push forwards into the vines. The spikes shredded pieces of his clothing. A few of the thorns wedged themselves painfully between his scales. Riot got closer and grabbed the slink’s tail. It squeaked and turned around to bite him. Riot yelped in pain but he did not let go. He grabbed its body and pulled it out of the wall of thorny vines. The creature wriggled and flung its claws around wildly, but Riot only held on firmer. How could something be so cute yet so vicious. So fluffy yet so spiky.
Riot returned to the station with the angry little creature in a cage. His ripped clothes were crudely sewn back together.

Brambleback Slink

Riot went to the scanner and got fetch quest #87
Art Shop
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29