Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Fire Emblem fans?
Just like the title says, are you a fire emblem fan, new or old? I've been going back to the game that introduced me to the franchise, and I'm curious what other people's favorites are. I started with awakening, and don't have any experience with the older games, although I've heard they are quite loved. Awakening is still my favorite from the games that have released and that I've played, but I can't pass judgement on the newest game and I'm not too enticed to try it out.

I'd love to hear about other fans favorite characters, ships, and the older games in general! I personally think I have some weird pairings, like putting Vaike and Miriel together just feels right to me hahaha
Just like the title says, are you a fire emblem fan, new or old? I've been going back to the game that introduced me to the franchise, and I'm curious what other people's favorites are. I started with awakening, and don't have any experience with the older games, although I've heard they are quite loved. Awakening is still my favorite from the games that have released and that I've played, but I can't pass judgement on the newest game and I'm not too enticed to try it out.

I'd love to hear about other fans favorite characters, ships, and the older games in general! I personally think I have some weird pairings, like putting Vaike and Miriel together just feels right to me hahaha
0FCHrtp.pngarxdbD2.png
YMPbu9R.png
You have summoned me haha. I’ve been playing Fire Emblem since about 2019!

Awakening was my first game. Special kudos goes to Morgan, my precious child <3. Also Lucina. It’s definitely one of my favorites out of the games I’ve played.

I’ve also played Radiant Dawn, Fates: Conquest, Three Houses and Three Hopes (ask me about Edelgard. I dare you. Although it probably won’t be that long of a rant but I’m a Black Eagles girl through and through), and Engage (it’s not the best game ever, but it’s still not the worst—I’m fond of Nel from the DLC and I love the voice acting, but I’m easy to please). I’ve also tried to play Fates: Revelations (I rage quit after I couldn’t get all the kids ^.^’), Shadow Dragon (the DS remake of the first came, made it two or three chapters in before the emulator started giving me trouble), and I’m working on Sacred Stones now (I got a few chapters in, and I’m doing Ephraim’s route).

My favorite characters are definitely Lucina, Morgan, Edelgard, and Nel, as mentioned before. As for ships, I’m a light Chrobin shipper to be honest (partly because I like their interactions, partly because I’m a fanfiction writer so it’s easier for Lucina and Morgan to be siblings) and I can’t be convinced that Edelgard doesn’t have a crush on Byleth (although I can see it being unrequited).

Pairing Vaike and Miriel seems like an opposites attract situation, but my memory’s hazy ^.^’. I know I’ve paired up Gaius and Sumia a few times, but that’s because I like having all the kids and Sumia can only pair with three or four guys if I remember correctly. (I haven’t played Awakening in a year, I think. I most recently opened it to try out some of the DLC.)
You have summoned me haha. I’ve been playing Fire Emblem since about 2019!

Awakening was my first game. Special kudos goes to Morgan, my precious child <3. Also Lucina. It’s definitely one of my favorites out of the games I’ve played.

I’ve also played Radiant Dawn, Fates: Conquest, Three Houses and Three Hopes (ask me about Edelgard. I dare you. Although it probably won’t be that long of a rant but I’m a Black Eagles girl through and through), and Engage (it’s not the best game ever, but it’s still not the worst—I’m fond of Nel from the DLC and I love the voice acting, but I’m easy to please). I’ve also tried to play Fates: Revelations (I rage quit after I couldn’t get all the kids ^.^’), Shadow Dragon (the DS remake of the first came, made it two or three chapters in before the emulator started giving me trouble), and I’m working on Sacred Stones now (I got a few chapters in, and I’m doing Ephraim’s route).

My favorite characters are definitely Lucina, Morgan, Edelgard, and Nel, as mentioned before. As for ships, I’m a light Chrobin shipper to be honest (partly because I like their interactions, partly because I’m a fanfiction writer so it’s easier for Lucina and Morgan to be siblings) and I can’t be convinced that Edelgard doesn’t have a crush on Byleth (although I can see it being unrequited).

Pairing Vaike and Miriel seems like an opposites attract situation, but my memory’s hazy ^.^’. I know I’ve paired up Gaius and Sumia a few times, but that’s because I like having all the kids and Sumia can only pair with three or four guys if I remember correctly. (I haven’t played Awakening in a year, I think. I most recently opened it to try out some of the DLC.)
qv9W79E.png aaaaw3fPTiE.png
I'm a fairly recent FE fan that only started playing in 2022. But I've really enjoyed my time with it so far! I've played Blazing Blade, Awakening, Fates, Three Houses, and Engage. Awakening is still my personal favorite since half the fun is pairing together odd couples and seeing what child unit results from that pairing. And I wasn't really a fan of Fate's story.
I'm a fairly recent FE fan that only started playing in 2022. But I've really enjoyed my time with it so far! I've played Blazing Blade, Awakening, Fates, Three Houses, and Engage. Awakening is still my personal favorite since half the fun is pairing together odd couples and seeing what child unit results from that pairing. And I wasn't really a fan of Fate's story.
2bf6nnX.pngmtHAEL4.pngaPfqvmf.pngmjtJ868.pngEIzJIWx.pngVHmdVcB.png8OcABDV.png R4RVavr.pngumLF6oK.gifqVw4IEL.pngGR4p3Uw.pngfqG5KmE.pngzfNtpTV.png

2674017.png2802457.png2804985.png2805970.png2806037.png
2806128.png2806314.png2806493.png2807548.png2807554.png
2807685.png2808480.png2808481.png2808485.png2808499.png
2808574.png2808764.png2808836.png2809949.png2812430.png
Humble Fire Emblem: Three Houses enjoyer here. I have a family member who has played way more FE games than me (Fates/Awakening/Conquest/Engage, probably others too) but 3 Houses got me good.

I'm a massive Blue Lions sucker enjoyer and married Felix 3+ times before I moved to someone else (Ferdinand, Dimitri). I've played Golden Deer route twice and every time Dimitri dies I feel sad. But GD is a very good route even with precious baby meeting an unnecessary end :} My current save is another Blue Lions playthrough where I'm going to marry Sylvain.

@ThatOneRose I'd like to ask you about Edelgard. I don't dislike her, but I like her less than Dimitri and Claude, and I've always wondered what the people that like her... uh, like about her? I hope that makes sense ^^; I'm open to learning. Black Eagles just hasn't stuck with me, but not through lack of trying.
Humble Fire Emblem: Three Houses enjoyer here. I have a family member who has played way more FE games than me (Fates/Awakening/Conquest/Engage, probably others too) but 3 Houses got me good.

I'm a massive Blue Lions sucker enjoyer and married Felix 3+ times before I moved to someone else (Ferdinand, Dimitri). I've played Golden Deer route twice and every time Dimitri dies I feel sad. But GD is a very good route even with precious baby meeting an unnecessary end :} My current save is another Blue Lions playthrough where I'm going to marry Sylvain.

@ThatOneRose I'd like to ask you about Edelgard. I don't dislike her, but I like her less than Dimitri and Claude, and I've always wondered what the people that like her... uh, like about her? I hope that makes sense ^^; I'm open to learning. Black Eagles just hasn't stuck with me, but not through lack of trying.
WKtl2lb.pngYMPbu9R.pngBS4vqBB.png
Old Dragon Enjoyer
@Khraylen

I’ll send a PM ^.^ Although I can summarize it by saying that I’m just fond of her personality (and I have a little bit of starter bias).
@Khraylen

I’ll send a PM ^.^ Although I can summarize it by saying that I’m just fond of her personality (and I have a little bit of starter bias).
qv9W79E.png aaaaw3fPTiE.png
Hello yes I'm a big fan. The only Fire Emblem games I haven't played are Binding Blade and some of Thracia (I only got halfway through it.) And I guess the first Warriors game if you count it. I started playing during the GBA era.

I'd say my favorite games are Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Shadows of Valentia. Lucina's my favorite character.
Hello yes I'm a big fan. The only Fire Emblem games I haven't played are Binding Blade and some of Thracia (I only got halfway through it.) And I guess the first Warriors game if you count it. I started playing during the GBA era.

I'd say my favorite games are Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Shadows of Valentia. Lucina's my favorite character.