Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | MJ24 Story & Poetry Contest -WINNERS!-
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17
@MJ24 Story & Poetry contest

Midway reminder for the Story & Poetry Contest! There's 1 week left to get your entries in!

Submissions close at rollover Mar 30 (Saturday night going in to Sunday morning)
@MJ24 Story & Poetry contest

Midway reminder for the Story & Poetry Contest! There's 1 week left to get your entries in!

Submissions close at rollover Mar 30 (Saturday night going in to Sunday morning)
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
Yet another book has appeared, already written in, right next to the first one. The hat is gone though? There appears to be a little note in this second one “Thanks for the hat… I think I like it!” The book is still credited toward “Sushi Spider”, but that note seems to have had a different name on it, but was crossed out and smudged into illegibility. @sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] Sushispider1212 [b]ID:[/b] 586970 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Big Wide Wingy Things - Poem [b]Entry Title:[/b] Her Eyes [b]Dragon Author:[/b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74620575][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/746206/74620575_350.png[/img][/url] ——- Her eyes are beautiful, Shining little pools in the night I want to reach her But she’s already gone I just want to feel her To hold her close and say Gently, in her ear, “Everything will be okay.” But she turned away from me and scoffed She’ll never see me As I see her Maybe if I gave her something A little wish to make her stay So she’d look at me With those gorgeous eyes But she knows me Just as much as I know her She knows what I can give Is not that I wish I had wings to give To this erratic heart of mine Set my heart free From this errant chest Should I make My heart A gift For her? She would never accept it She would take one look at it And turn away Leaving my fluttering heart behind It would fall, Feathers spent and fading Right into the earth Where it would rot I would never find it. I would have turned away The moment it flew out To parts unknown And that is why I don’t have wings to give It would never hold up Under the weight of her eyes.
Yet another book has appeared, already written in, right next to the first one. The hat is gone though? There appears to be a little note in this second one “Thanks for the hat… I think I like it!” The book is still credited toward “Sushi Spider”, but that note seems to have had a different name on it, but was crossed out and smudged into illegibility.

@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah

Name: Sushispider1212
ID: 586970
Entry Prompt: Big Wide Wingy Things - Poem
Entry Title: Her Eyes

Dragon Author:74620575_350.png

——-

Her eyes are beautiful,
Shining little pools in the night
I want to reach her
But she’s already gone

I just want to feel her
To hold her close and say
Gently, in her ear,
“Everything will be okay.”

But she turned away from me
and scoffed
She’ll never see me
As I see her

Maybe if I gave her something
A little wish to make her stay
So she’d look at me
With those gorgeous eyes

But she knows me
Just as much as I know her
She knows what I can give
Is not that

I wish I had wings to give
To this erratic heart of mine
Set my heart free
From this errant chest

Should I make
My heart
A gift
For her?

She would never accept it
She would take one look at it
And turn away
Leaving my fluttering heart behind

It would fall,
Feathers spent and fading
Right into the earth
Where it would rot

I would never find it.
I would have turned away
The moment it flew out
To parts unknown

And that is why
I don’t have wings to give
It would never hold up
Under the weight of her eyes.
IMG_1557.gifUntitled576_20230412201616.png
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] IndigoStarshine [b]ID:[/b] 584539 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Big Wide Wingy Things - Poem [b]Entry Title:[/b] Built My Wings [b]Dragon Author:[/b] Caelesti [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76287733][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/762878/76287733_350.png[/img][/url] I built them Step by step Tracing outlines Imperfect points Feathers of paper Of ink Of brick and mortar Of chocolate and dye Feathers of uneven size Leaves peaking through Green and orange Red and brown Color fading The more I grew A peacock A shrew A magpie A dove I built new feathers Changed my mind Shaped new dreams Covered my eyes Listened to the rustling of wings Others all around me Born with wings of gold Of silver of bronze Diamonds and pearls I dipped my feathers In color Painting over Those imperfect lines Sharpened points Dulled them down File in each hand Shaped them to fit To mold The way I saw The wings around me I built them Then rebuilt Ripped away those that didn’t fit Cut away those that didn’t grow Rebuilt my wings to mirror the world Rebuilt my wings to mirror an angel Icarus would be proud White and soft and gold and hard Beautiful wings from my back I put them there But I miss I miss the shapes The hard edges and leaves I miss the colors Faded and worn I built my wings Again and again I lost my wings Again and again I made them fit I made them work But sometimes I wish I made them ugly Sometimes I wish I built them for me

Name: IndigoStarshine
ID: 584539
Entry Title: Built My Wings

Dragon Author: Caelesti
76287733_350.png

I built them
Step by step
Tracing outlines
Imperfect points
Feathers of paper
Of ink
Of brick and mortar
Of chocolate and dye
Feathers of uneven size
Leaves peaking through
Green and orange
Red and brown
Color fading
The more I grew
A peacock
A shrew
A magpie
A dove
I built new feathers
Changed my mind
Shaped new dreams
Covered my eyes
Listened to the rustling of wings
Others all around me
Born with wings of gold
Of silver of bronze
Diamonds and pearls
I dipped my feathers
In color
Painting over
Those imperfect lines
Sharpened points
Dulled them down
File in each hand
Shaped them to fit
To mold
The way I saw
The wings around me
I built them
Then rebuilt
Ripped away those that didn’t fit
Cut away those that didn’t grow
Rebuilt my wings to mirror the world
Rebuilt my wings to mirror an angel
Icarus would be proud
White and soft and gold and hard
Beautiful wings from my back
I put them there
But I miss
I miss the shapes
The hard edges and leaves
I miss the colors
Faded and worn
I built my wings
Again and again
I lost my wings
Again and again
I made them fit
I made them work
But sometimes I wish
I made them ugly
Sometimes I wish
I built them for me
qTcP5yI.pngXT6s1Yv.gifBEZgNm.png SQvVy8i.png5M9CHlS.gif
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah A snow white imperial tumbles past the flurry of flying books, one in hand. "Write something? An entry? wait... what's the theme?" She grabs a pen while her tome tries to flee. "Things with wings? Oo, we have those, but that doesn't seem very exciting... what else?" [b]Name:[/b] sarcasticmoose [b]ID:[/b] 526879 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Wee Wordy Things - Poem [b]Entry Title:[/b] Observing Bugs [b]Dragon Author:[/b] Aura [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/771226/77122548_350.png[/img] Watch the little things Little yet flying yet well Dragons of their own

A snow white imperial tumbles past the flurry of flying books, one in hand.
"Write something? An entry? wait... what's the theme?"
She grabs a pen while her tome tries to flee.

"Things with wings? Oo, we have those, but that doesn't seem very exciting... what else?"

Name: sarcasticmoose
ID: 526879
Entry Prompt: Wee Wordy Things - Poem
Entry Title: Observing Bugs

Dragon Author: Aura
77122548_350.png

Watch the little things
Little yet flying yet well
Dragons of their own
I have less than no idea what I’m doing
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah Aura grabs another stray entry book, and turns back to the judging table. "Being given wings? That happened to me once! I hope you don't mind a little short autobiography." [b]Name:[/b] sarcasticmoose [b]ID:[/b] 526879 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Big Wide Wingy Things - poem [b]Entry Title:[/b] To be Winged [b]Dragon Author:[/b] Aura [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/771226/77122548_350.png[/img] On lifeless ridges, from ice torn Barrages of wind, I cower forlorn Alone, alone, on my own Alone, alone, the gales drone ____To be winged, to soar and dive ____To once again be alive I wake up alarmed, by clicking and whirring Cogs and wheels, with shifting and turning A new weight on my wings, a skydancer smiles “I pray this is the last of your trials” ____How lovely it is to finally be ____To be changed wholly yet free On lively ridges, how far I’ve grown Pleasant gales, wings of my own All together, at last I can fly All together, ‘neath the Windsinger’s sky

Aura grabs another stray entry book, and turns back to the judging table.
"Being given wings? That happened to me once! I hope you don't mind a little short autobiography."

Name: sarcasticmoose
ID: 526879
Entry Prompt: Big Wide Wingy Things - poem
Entry Title: To be Winged

Dragon Author: Aura
77122548_350.png

On lifeless ridges, from ice torn
Barrages of wind, I cower forlorn
Alone, alone, on my own
Alone, alone, the gales drone

____To be winged, to soar and dive
____To once again be alive

I wake up alarmed, by clicking and whirring
Cogs and wheels, with shifting and turning
A new weight on my wings, a skydancer smiles
“I pray this is the last of your trials”

____How lovely it is to finally be
____To be changed wholly yet free

On lively ridges, how far I’ve grown
Pleasant gales, wings of my own
All together, at last I can fly
All together, ‘neath the Windsinger’s sky
I have less than no idea what I’m doing
A small obelisk makes her way through the crowd, a ragged piece of parchment clutched tightly in one little paw. She climbs on a small wooden box in order to reach the judge's table, layng her poem down for all to see. It's messy and the letters are scrawled quite close together, but it's still legible. "Hai, my name's Winx," she smiles, "I rushed over here to submit my entry!" There's a small glint in her dark brown eyes, a spark of something much deeper and well beyond her years. "I hope it's not too sad or too smudged. I wrote it for someone special :3" @sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] Skydust [b]ID:[/b] 309201 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Big Wide Wingy Things - Poem [b]Entry Title:[/b] Yonder [b]Dragon Author:[/b] Winx [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89354531][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/893546/89354531_350.png[/img][/url] The air is still, the wind blows cold Time passes by both young and old Things are never built to last A lifetime comes and goes so fast When Mind and Body both find peace And Words of Wisdom come to cease Love that remains bleeds strong and true Casts vivid red through shades of blue In memories that we hold so dear We have reprieve from guilt and fear They keep us close, they give us hope They teach us how we ought to cope When flowers wilt before the bees When young birds flee their nesting trees When books are burnt, their story ends When winter falls, the frost descends When Death comes knocking to a door It does not open anymore. No longer will you see me grow One thing is left for you to know With all the things you meant to me [i]I give you wings - I set you free.[/i]
A small obelisk makes her way through the crowd, a ragged piece of parchment clutched tightly in one little paw. She climbs on a small wooden box in order to reach the judge's table, layng her poem down for all to see. It's messy and the letters are scrawled quite close together, but it's still legible.

"Hai, my name's Winx," she smiles, "I rushed over here to submit my entry!"
There's a small glint in her dark brown eyes, a spark of something much deeper and well beyond her years. "I hope it's not too sad or too smudged. I wrote it for someone special :3"

Name: Skydust
ID: 309201
Entry Title: Yonder

Dragon Author: Winx
89354531_350.png

The air is still, the wind blows cold
Time passes by both young and old

Things are never built to last
A lifetime comes and goes so fast

When Mind and Body both find peace
And Words of Wisdom come to cease

Love that remains bleeds strong and true
Casts vivid red through shades of blue

In memories that we hold so dear
We have reprieve from guilt and fear

They keep us close, they give us hope
They teach us how we ought to cope

When flowers wilt before the bees
When young birds flee their nesting trees

When books are burnt, their story ends
When winter falls, the frost descends

When Death comes knocking to a door
It does not open anymore.

No longer will you see me grow
One thing is left for you to know

With all the things you meant to me
I give you wings - I set you free.
@Sushispider1212 [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55696407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/556965/55696407_350.png[/img][/url][color=transparent]__[/color] [nextcol] Liked the hat? Marvelous, have another. Got to encourage poets and prosers here. Thanks for the entry, got you down! [/columns]
@Sushispider1212
55696407_350.png__ Liked the hat? Marvelous, have another. Got to encourage poets and prosers here. Thanks for the entry, got you down!
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
@IndigoStarshine [columns] Got you down, thanks for entering! Have a hat. Feel free to come back! [nextcol] [color=transparent]__[/color][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55696407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/556965/55696407_350.png[/img][/url] [/columns]
@IndigoStarshine
Got you down, thanks for entering! Have a hat. Feel free to come back! __55696407_350.png
@sarcasticmoose [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55696407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/556965/55696407_350.png[/img][/url][color=transparent]__[/color] [nextcol] Syllables in good order... nicely done. Thanks for entering! Here's your hat, do come back with more. [/columns]
@sarcasticmoose
55696407_350.png__ Syllables in good order... nicely done. Thanks for entering! Here's your hat, do come back with more.
@Skydust [columns] Kilkenny absolutely did not look around for anyone who knew how to deal with children, because she was a professional. (Who had no idea how to deal with children.) Unfortunately she was the only judge on reception duty at the moment. So, since the only idea that occurred to her was to pat the child's head, which wouldn't be professional, she defaulted to treating the tiny dragon like an adult. "Thanks for entering! There's no age limit. Have a hat... that might be too big for you. Feel free to enter some more. Uh... don't let the bigger books eat you?" [nextcol] [color=transparent]__[/color][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55696407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/556965/55696407_350.png[/img][/url] [/columns]
@Skydust
Kilkenny absolutely did not look around for anyone who knew how to deal with children, because she was a professional. (Who had no idea how to deal with children.) Unfortunately she was the only judge on reception duty at the moment. So, since the only idea that occurred to her was to pat the child's head, which wouldn't be professional, she defaulted to treating the tiny dragon like an adult.

"Thanks for entering! There's no age limit. Have a hat... that might be too big for you. Feel free to enter some more. Uh... don't let the bigger books eat you?"
__55696407_350.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17