Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | MJ24 Story & Poetry Contest -WINNERS!-
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17
@sockmonkeygerald [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80925299][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/809253/80925299_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol] The world seems to ripple for just a second as a small glint mischievously dances in the God's orb. "It seems as though a small creature has heard my musings... a bit shocked are we?", he chuckles to himself. He shifts slightly in his gargantuan form, shaking the vacuum around him with the sudden change of gravity. He taps one of his talons on a near-by star, thinking. "Perhaps this little-one is blessed?" Eosphoros muses, "In any case, I hope it slumbers well," his voice rumbles as he closes his eye once more, slipping into dormancy...[/columns]
@sockmonkeygerald
80925299_350.png The world seems to ripple for just a second as a small glint mischievously dances in the God's orb.

"It seems as though a small creature has heard my musings... a bit shocked are we?", he chuckles to himself. He shifts slightly in his gargantuan form, shaking the vacuum around him with the sudden change of gravity.

He taps one of his talons on a near-by star, thinking. "Perhaps this little-one is blessed?" Eosphoros muses, "In any case, I hope it slumbers well," his voice rumbles as he closes his eye once more, slipping into dormancy...

CrumbledCandy.gif 92n1dwB.png" alt="92n1dwB.jpg
Please feel free to ping me whenever!
If you could like Eosphoros, that would be great!
Wish and something might just appear in your hand!
(enter your wish on my profile)

G8AyR6r.png
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah Name: CrumbledCandy ID:630362 Entry Prompt: Big Wide Wingy Wee Wordy Things - Story Entry Title: Perhaps it's not that serious Dragon Author: Venus [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83258756][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/832588/83258756_350.png[/img][/url] "[i]Ah, something is quite different now[/i]" Venus observes, while gazing into her pearl. Some mysterious force had been making her itchy for the past few days, but she didn't quite know what! It had all started when her little willowmane friend had told her the latest news from the Shrieking Wilds. The information was quite normal, so what was bothering her? She shifted, but her eyes widened as the scratching sensation ceased. Looking down, she chuckled, it seems her little deerling companion has tracked in a leaf!
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah

Name: CrumbledCandy

ID:630362

Entry Prompt: Big Wide Wingy Wee Wordy Things - Story

Entry Title:
Perhaps it's not that serious

Dragon Author:

Venus

83258756_350.png

"Ah, something is quite different now" Venus observes, while gazing into her pearl. Some mysterious force had been making her itchy for the past few days, but she didn't quite know what!

It had all started when her little willowmane friend had told her the latest news from the Shrieking Wilds. The information was quite normal, so what was bothering her?

She shifted, but her eyes widened as the scratching sensation ceased.

Looking down, she chuckled, it seems her little deerling companion has tracked in a leaf!

G8AyR6r.png
@fistfulofdragons

OML! I love your Haiku! The alliteration and the rhythm is to die for!
@fistfulofdragons

OML! I love your Haiku! The alliteration and the rhythm is to die for!

G8AyR6r.png
@CrumbledCandy Thank you! :O I had some fun with it haha
@CrumbledCandy Thank you! :O I had some fun with it haha
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b]CrumbledCandy [b]ID:[/b] 630362 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b]Windy Words - Story [i](if Windy Words) Words used:[/i] Buzz, reach, drift, beat, up, paper, scale, stretch, build, sky, cloth, rise, feather, wood, kerfuffle, high, time, low, around, leap, ditty (all of them) [b]Entry Title:[/b] Reflection of Waves [b]Dragon Author:[/b] Muhiit [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92392063][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/923921/92392063_350.png[/img][/url] The buzz of cicadas flows through my ears, reaching into my soul and bringing bubbles to my heart. Drifting into the water that reflects my beautiful form, my slippery scales. The sun beats down from up above me, surrounding me in it's beautiful rays. The boats peruse along the horizon, their cloth sails like fresh paper, as they stretch across the bay. Built ships hold up the sky, pillars of technology that guides dragonkind. years of progress just to get away from the sea. Feathers rustle as birds fly around their wooden home behind me. The kerfuffle of competing creatures noisily performing the dance of nature. Why is it that our reptilian forms are high above their antics? Time ripped us up from the ground, forcing us to look far lower to our beast brethren. My wings lift up, water dripping down to the ocean below me, the rippling liquid speaking the language of my people. Old memories flash when I remember the culture of my kin. Reflections slink across my face while I look upward to the clouds, planning on joining them. Skin turns taunt as I gather the breeze beneath me. I leap into the currents up above, free from gravity as I soar. I climb higher and higher, my body knows this memory of flight. Nothing can stop the smile that spreads across my face. I rise past the sun and embrace free fall, my limbs lifting up as the wind rushes around me. The world ditties as I plummet ever closer. I have faith in my instincts, I will not crash into the pool below me. My voice calls back to the endless expanse that encompasses me, this is where I truly belong. Only the sounds of far-off storms and brewing rain can follow me here.

Name:CrumbledCandy

ID: 630362

Entry Prompt:Windy Words - Story

(if Windy Words) Words used:

Buzz, reach, drift, beat, up, paper, scale, stretch, build, sky, cloth, rise, feather, wood, kerfuffle, high, time, low, around, leap, ditty (all of them)

Entry Title:

Reflection of Waves

Dragon Author:
Muhiit

92392063_350.png

The buzz of cicadas flows through my ears, reaching into my soul and bringing bubbles to my heart. Drifting into the water that reflects my beautiful form, my slippery scales. The sun beats down from up above me, surrounding me in it's beautiful rays.

The boats peruse along the horizon, their cloth sails like fresh paper, as they stretch across the bay. Built ships hold up the sky, pillars of technology that guides dragonkind. years of progress just to get away from the sea.

Feathers rustle as birds fly around their wooden home behind me. The kerfuffle of competing creatures noisily performing the dance of nature. Why is it that our reptilian forms are high above their antics? Time ripped us up from the ground, forcing us to look far lower to our beast brethren.

My wings lift up, water dripping down to the ocean below me, the rippling liquid speaking the language of my people. Old memories flash when I remember the culture of my kin. Reflections slink across my face while I look upward to the clouds, planning on joining them. Skin turns taunt as I gather the breeze beneath me.

I leap into the currents up above, free from gravity as I soar. I climb higher and higher, my body knows this memory of flight. Nothing can stop the smile that spreads across my face. I rise past the sun and embrace free fall, my limbs lifting up as the wind rushes around me.

The world ditties as I plummet ever closer. I have faith in my instincts, I will not crash into the pool below me.

My voice calls back to the endless expanse that encompasses me, this is where I truly belong. Only the sounds of far-off storms and brewing rain can follow me here.

G8AyR6r.png
"I don't know what it is but apparently romance is the topic on my mind these days," Balm sighs. "Almost a shame that this is the last one, but that just means I'll have to look somewhere new for inspiration. Thank you, all of you, for this opportunity to- hehe- spread my wings!" @sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] Sp580s [b]ID:[/b] 457304 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Windy Words - Story [i]Words used:[/i] (i think i managed to get most of them) scale, wood, paper, leap, drift, climb, sail, stretch, reach, free, build, raise (rose), beat, round, time, high, fly, up, low, sky [b]Entry Title:[/b] Muse [b]Dragon Author:[/b] Balm [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71132314][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/711324/71132314_350.png[/img][/url] With deft beats of her wings, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70355037]Temper[/url] leapt from shadow to shadow. She melded with the twilight woods as only a rogue can do. The trap line had been uneventful thus far; she was diligent in checking it in case someone unintended got caught up in one. Besides, what better use of her time than keeping skills sharp. A gleam caught her eye in one of the trees. Surely she couldn't have been so careless as to leave a mechanism exposed like that… She climbed hastily and crouched on a high branch to look down at her work. The once carefully concealed spring was now exposed and disconnected! An uneasy feeling crept over her. Her gaze rose slowly and came into contact with two shadowy eyes. With a flick of her wings she dropped from the branch, rounded the tree, and twisted up through the neighboring branches. She stayed low over the treetops, using their rustling to cover the small sounds of her wings. To reassure herself she glanced back, and her heart lurched as she saw something weaving through the branches just behind her. With a building sense of dread she stretched her wings in a powerful downstroke and sailed up into the sky. Another glance down showed a dragon spiraling after her. Determined to lose it, she dove back into the trees, narrowly avoiding crashing into the ground as flared wings slowed her descent just above the underbrush. She tried to get her bearings, not wanting to stumble into her own traps. Glancing one way, then the other, she knew where she was, much to her relief. Looking forward again she saw the stranger right ahead! She desperately backpedaled to avoid a collision. The other dragon didn't even flinch as she rolled over its head. For a moment her eyes locked with its gaze again. “Who-” “Hello. Was that-” The eyes blinked and his serpentine body streamed alongside her. His wings rustled like paper. “I- you- what?” Temper was aghast and at a loss for words. “Is the trap that was laid there yours?” Her pricked pride flared up, “Yeah. It's not the only one around here, you're lucky-” “Oh I know. Once I found this one it was easy to spot the rest. Speaking of-” he veered to the side, narrowly avoiding a thin vertical tripwire. Temper scowled. “I didn't think this place was trespassing, but these don't look like they're used for just animals,” his eyes made the question clear. “They're for practice if you must know. At worst getting caught in one is a little embarrassing, maybe sting a little.” His silent stare made her feel pricks of heat under her skin. “They do also hold animals for hunting- but I don't owe you an explanation! You're the one messing with [i]my[/i] things and chasing [i]me[/i] through the forest.” “If we went above the treeline, we'd be free of obstacles.” She squinted at him then quicker than most eyes could see she flicked her tail and flew up through the canopy once more. She drifted up into the sky and looked down, waiting for him to follow. One moment. Then another. Perhaps he had missed her movement after all. She glanced behind her and just about jumped out of her skin to see him directly behind and above her. If he noticed her shock, he made no reaction. She rolled over, flying with her back to the trees to look up at him properly. He looked down at her and flew a little closer. At this distance she could see how his scales- or not quite scales- glittered in the moonlight. They caught the gentle light almost like a gemstone. With a softer tone this time, she tried asking again, “Who are you?” “My name's [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79936989]Artemis[/url]. And who might you be, nimble trapper?” “Temper.” For the first time, he smiled. She knew the name was fitting, especially after yelling at him, and she found no shame in that so she grinned too.
"I don't know what it is but apparently romance is the topic on my mind these days," Balm sighs. "Almost a shame that this is the last one, but that just means I'll have to look somewhere new for inspiration. Thank you, all of you, for this opportunity to- hehe- spread my wings!"

Name: Sp580s
ID: 457304
Entry Prompt: Windy Words - Story
Words used: (i think i managed to get most of them) scale, wood, paper, leap, drift, climb, sail, stretch, reach, free, build, raise (rose), beat, round, time, high, fly, up, low, sky
Entry Title: Muse

Dragon Author: Balm
71132314_350.png

With deft beats of her wings, Temper leapt from shadow to shadow. She melded with the twilight woods as only a rogue can do. The trap line had been uneventful thus far; she was diligent in checking it in case someone unintended got caught up in one. Besides, what better use of her time than keeping skills sharp.
A gleam caught her eye in one of the trees. Surely she couldn't have been so careless as to leave a mechanism exposed like that… She climbed hastily and crouched on a high branch to look down at her work. The once carefully concealed spring was now exposed and disconnected!
An uneasy feeling crept over her. Her gaze rose slowly and came into contact with two shadowy eyes.
With a flick of her wings she dropped from the branch, rounded the tree, and twisted up through the neighboring branches. She stayed low over the treetops, using their rustling to cover the small sounds of her wings. To reassure herself she glanced back, and her heart lurched as she saw something weaving through the branches just behind her. With a building sense of dread she stretched her wings in a powerful downstroke and sailed up into the sky. Another glance down showed a dragon spiraling after her.

Determined to lose it, she dove back into the trees, narrowly avoiding crashing into the ground as flared wings slowed her descent just above the underbrush. She tried to get her bearings, not wanting to stumble into her own traps. Glancing one way, then the other, she knew where she was, much to her relief.
Looking forward again she saw the stranger right ahead! She desperately backpedaled to avoid a collision. The other dragon didn't even flinch as she rolled over its head. For a moment her eyes locked with its gaze again.
“Who-”
“Hello. Was that-” The eyes blinked and his serpentine body streamed alongside her. His wings rustled like paper.
“I- you- what?” Temper was aghast and at a loss for words.
“Is the trap that was laid there yours?”
Her pricked pride flared up, “Yeah. It's not the only one around here, you're lucky-”
“Oh I know. Once I found this one it was easy to spot the rest. Speaking of-” he veered to the side, narrowly avoiding a thin vertical tripwire. Temper scowled. “I didn't think this place was trespassing, but these don't look like they're used for just animals,” his eyes made the question clear.
“They're for practice if you must know. At worst getting caught in one is a little embarrassing, maybe sting a little.” His silent stare made her feel ****** of heat under her skin. “They do also hold animals for hunting- but I don't owe you an explanation! You're the one messing with my things and chasing me through the forest.”
“If we went above the treeline, we'd be free of obstacles.”
She squinted at him then quicker than most eyes could see she flicked her tail and flew up through the canopy once more. She drifted up into the sky and looked down, waiting for him to follow. One moment. Then another. Perhaps he had missed her movement after all. She glanced behind her and just about jumped out of her skin to see him directly behind and above her. If he noticed her shock, he made no reaction.

She rolled over, flying with her back to the trees to look up at him properly. He looked down at her and flew a little closer. At this distance she could see how his scales- or not quite scales- glittered in the moonlight. They caught the gentle light almost like a gemstone.
With a softer tone this time, she tried asking again, “Who are you?”
“My name's Artemis. And who might you be, nimble trapper?”
“Temper.”
For the first time, he smiled. She knew the name was fitting, especially after yelling at him, and she found no shame in that so she grinned too.
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
@CrumbledCandy [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55696407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/556965/55696407_350.png[/img][/url][color=transparent]__[/color] [nextcol] "[i]Nicely[/i] done. Have another hat. The only thing missing is a title for your Windy Words story. Add that in and I'll get it properly recorded." Kilkenny's indicative tap on the entry in question might, to some eyes, have resembled a proud pat as she muttered to herself: "Maybe it's not too late to make that bet about whether poets or prosers can use more windy words after all...?" [/columns]
@CrumbledCandy
55696407_350.png__ "Nicely done. Have another hat. The only thing missing is a title for your Windy Words story. Add that in and I'll get it properly recorded."

Kilkenny's indicative tap on the entry in question might, to some eyes, have resembled a proud pat as she muttered to herself:

"Maybe it's not too late to make that bet about whether poets or prosers can use more windy words after all...?"
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
@Sp580s [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55696407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/556965/55696407_350.png[/img][/url][color=transparent]__[/color] [nextcol] Kilkenny coughed - professionally, not with amusement, definitely no hint of amusement at all. "Alright, one of the words in your entry doesn't pass the publishing industry censors. Pretty sure I know what it is, and it [i]is[/i] perfectly acceptable in context. Silly, but the censor can be draconian sometimes. If you'd like to edit in a different word that's fine, but if you want to leave it you won't be docked for it. Your choice. "Congratulations on submitting an entry for every prompt! Being prolific is a good trait when it comes to getting published, just so you know." [/columns]
@Sp580s
55696407_350.png__ Kilkenny coughed - professionally, not with amusement, definitely no hint of amusement at all.

"Alright, one of the words in your entry doesn't pass the publishing industry censors. Pretty sure I know what it is, and it is perfectly acceptable in context. Silly, but the censor can be draconian sometimes. If you'd like to edit in a different word that's fine, but if you want to leave it you won't be docked for it. Your choice.

"Congratulations on submitting an entry for every prompt! Being prolific is a good trait when it comes to getting published, just so you know."
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
@sockmonkeygerald

Muhiit nods his serpentine head, little frills rustling. "Oh yes! thank you, I was a bit too focused on the entry I see, my bad! I can't wear a hat, but I'll be sure to pass it on to Quartz for you!" he chirps, slithering around to where his entry is.

He tilts his head and scribbles down the title with his ink-dipped tail. "I had quite a bit of fun with this, my only regret is that there weren't more words to add!" He grins back at Kilkenny, whisking himself out the door, "I was struggling a bit there at the end," he mutters to himself.

Shaking his wings, he resolves to go soak in a sun-lit pool for a while.
@sockmonkeygerald

Muhiit nods his serpentine head, little frills rustling. "Oh yes! thank you, I was a bit too focused on the entry I see, my bad! I can't wear a hat, but I'll be sure to pass it on to Quartz for you!" he chirps, slithering around to where his entry is.

He tilts his head and scribbles down the title with his ink-dipped tail. "I had quite a bit of fun with this, my only regret is that there weren't more words to add!" He grins back at Kilkenny, whisking himself out the door, "I was struggling a bit there at the end," he mutters to himself.

Shaking his wings, he resolves to go soak in a sun-lit pool for a while.

G8AyR6r.png
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] CrumbledCandy [b]ID:[/b] 630362 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Big Wide Wingy Things-Story [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Vengeful Volume [b]Dragon Author:[/b] Eosphoros [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80925299][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/809253/80925299_350.png[/img][/url] (Disclaimer, this is totally not canonical lore but I'm just having fun with the prompt and wanted to make a traditional god story flipped on it's head) BTW this is what the book is: [item=Ensorcelled Volume] He had been working on this dang book for CENTURIES now. It was practically burning his eyes at this point. A dejected clay lump in the shape of a book, sitting in the darkest crater of his least favorite exoplanet. It had been collecting space dust ever since he threw it down in frustration, unable to tell what was wrong with it. It was just so.....bland. How could he? The sole anchor of the universe, be stumped by a book [i]he[/i] created? Was he simply just at his limit? Huffing profusely (despite there being no air in space),his large form stomped over to the exoplanet, shrinking to fit in the atmosphere. He left trails of dust as he stormed to the book, glaring at the dark hole that contained it. He picked up the scraggly sculpture and sneered at it as if it was a dead bug. He had never liked bugs, he hoped bugs would eat this book. His dragonic body sat down grumpily, and he began to sculpt strange animalistic shapes into the clay. He started with a snake tail curving out of the spine, then small cat paws on each corner of the cover. Soon, he started sculpting chicken wings onto the undignified tome. But of course, something had to go wrong! The god had inhaled some particularly salty space-glitter and began to develop a sneeze, soon to come out. Having being so enraptured by the book, he did not notice. When he sneezed, he was so startled that he cast a spell, turning the fledgling novel into a real, flapping form! A growl of rage left him as the book flew away from him, quickly escaping from him and flying into the abyss of space. Some say, to this day, he is still trying to find it (he hates books now)

Name: CrumbledCandy
ID: 630362
Entry Prompt: Big Wide Wingy Things-Story

Entry Title:

The Vengeful Volume

Dragon Author:
Eosphoros

80925299_350.png

(Disclaimer, this is totally not canonical lore but I'm just having fun with the prompt and wanted to make a traditional god story flipped on it's head) BTW this is what the book is:

Ensorcelled Volume

He had been working on this dang book for CENTURIES now. It was practically burning his eyes at this point. A dejected clay lump in the shape of a book, sitting in the darkest crater of his least favorite exoplanet. It had been collecting space dust ever since he threw it down in frustration, unable to tell what was wrong with it.

It was just so.....bland.

How could he? The sole anchor of the universe, be stumped by a book he created? Was he simply just at his limit?

Huffing profusely (despite there being no air in space),his large form stomped over to the exoplanet, shrinking to fit in the atmosphere. He left trails of dust as he stormed to the book, glaring at the dark hole that contained it.

He picked up the scraggly sculpture and sneered at it as if it was a dead bug. He had never liked bugs, he hoped bugs would eat this book.

His dragonic body sat down grumpily, and he began to sculpt strange animalistic shapes into the clay. He started with a snake tail curving out of the spine, then small cat paws on each corner of the cover. Soon, he started sculpting chicken wings onto the undignified tome.

But of course, something had to go wrong!

The god had inhaled some particularly salty space-glitter and began to develop a sneeze, soon to come out. Having being so enraptured by the book, he did not notice. When he sneezed, he was so startled that he cast a spell, turning the fledgling novel into a real, flapping form!

A growl of rage left him as the book flew away from him, quickly escaping from him and flying into the abyss of space. Some say, to this day, he is still trying to find it (he hates books now)

G8AyR6r.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17