Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do lore ppl pay attention to canon size
1 2 3 4 5
i have said i do enjoy the size differences of dragons but honestly i do wish they were far less exaggerated, i feel like the site banner has been conditioning me to think that sizes aren't as drastic as they are portrayed in game. obviously its still a pretty big difference between the gaurdian and fae up there but not as absurd as what's canon, like you can still hear insects despite how small they are compared to humans but in a highly social society like dragonkind adding barriers to communication for virtually no reason doesn't really make sense.
i have said i do enjoy the size differences of dragons but honestly i do wish they were far less exaggerated, i feel like the site banner has been conditioning me to think that sizes aren't as drastic as they are portrayed in game. obviously its still a pretty big difference between the gaurdian and fae up there but not as absurd as what's canon, like you can still hear insects despite how small they are compared to humans but in a highly social society like dragonkind adding barriers to communication for virtually no reason doesn't really make sense.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
I don't really. Some dragons are smaller than others but it's much less extreme. Fae are much smaller than imperials for example but they can still interact easily enough. I like the diversity but it's just so much more practical this way and I like to keep things simple
I don't really. Some dragons are smaller than others but it's much less extreme. Fae are much smaller than imperials for example but they can still interact easily enough. I like the diversity but it's just so much more practical this way and I like to keep things simple
Kinda? Like, I use the sizes, but I think my "canon" sizes are a little skewed.
Here's how I size my dragons

Those are just averages, individuals can be smaller/bigger, just depends what I had in mind for the dragon
Kinda? Like, I use the sizes, but I think my "canon" sizes are a little skewed.
Here's how I size my dragons

Those are just averages, individuals can be smaller/bigger, just depends what I had in mind for the dragon
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
I go by canon sizes because it's hilariously fun to compare a teeny Veilspun living next to a gigantic Imperial haha

I've been doodling size charts and putting them in my dragon's bios. It's actually really interesting to visualise them- Obelisks and Bogsneaks surprised me!

HOWEVER I do ignore Imperial wing sizes because I think they're glitched or otherwise impractically tiny. I take my Imps' wingspans as being half-wingspan rather than full.
I go by canon sizes because it's hilariously fun to compare a teeny Veilspun living next to a gigantic Imperial haha

I've been doodling size charts and putting them in my dragon's bios. It's actually really interesting to visualise them- Obelisks and Bogsneaks surprised me!

HOWEVER I do ignore Imperial wing sizes because I think they're glitched or otherwise impractically tiny. I take my Imps' wingspans as being half-wingspan rather than full.
J3t0n4O.png
absolutely not man. I do not understand how any dragon civilization functions with size differences that dramatic. Like, sure, certain breeds are larger than others, but it's more comparable to like...someone who is 6'5 feet standing next to someone who is 5'0 feet yknow. There is no way a clan can be built for both a veilspun and an imperial.
absolutely not man. I do not understand how any dragon civilization functions with size differences that dramatic. Like, sure, certain breeds are larger than others, but it's more comparable to like...someone who is 6'5 feet standing next to someone who is 5'0 feet yknow. There is no way a clan can be built for both a veilspun and an imperial.
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
I mess with it. When it's convenient to have drastic size differences between two characters, I absolutely use it in the scene/story. But the rest of the time, I focus more on the character interaction or events. I do find the drastic size differences to be jarring, but at the same time it creates some potential for fun. Like an argument between a Veil and a Guardian, and the Veil is so mad that it wants to glare eye-to-eye with the Guardian: I might have the Veil land on the Guardian's nose and glare from there. Which of course would make the Guardian go cross-eyed. [emoji=guardian tongue size=1]
I mess with it. When it's convenient to have drastic size differences between two characters, I absolutely use it in the scene/story. But the rest of the time, I focus more on the character interaction or events.

I do find the drastic size differences to be jarring, but at the same time it creates some potential for fun. Like an argument between a Veil and a Guardian, and the Veil is so mad that it wants to glare eye-to-eye with the Guardian: I might have the Veil land on the Guardian's nose and glare from there. Which of course would make the Guardian go cross-eyed.
riVr93C.png
Not particularly. The only one I absolutely kept are Veilspun being very, very small compared to the other dragon breeds. But otherwise I'm just doing anything I want - most of the modern dragons are all about on par with each other and in very similar size ranges, Gaoler's are the largest of the dragons on average with Imps and Banes being of a similar height, Abbes being the way they are come in a very wide range of sizes and don't have a real average or end of the spectrum they fall on, Tides and Auras are the longest dragons naturally with Aura's tending to be somewhat bigger as they're kinda big chunky anaconda's as opposed to Tide's eeliness.
You get the vibes.
Not particularly. The only one I absolutely kept are Veilspun being very, very small compared to the other dragon breeds. But otherwise I'm just doing anything I want - most of the modern dragons are all about on par with each other and in very similar size ranges, Gaoler's are the largest of the dragons on average with Imps and Banes being of a similar height, Abbes being the way they are come in a very wide range of sizes and don't have a real average or end of the spectrum they fall on, Tides and Auras are the longest dragons naturally with Aura's tending to be somewhat bigger as they're kinda big chunky anaconda's as opposed to Tide's eeliness.
You get the vibes.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I'm on the side of relative sizes (Faes/Veils tiny, Guards/Ridgies/Imps huge). Canon sizes are ridiculous. It turns out I have Wildclaws that are canonically about as tall as an average two story house.

And I just don't want to have my lore be centered around Sornieth being a world of giant proportions. Not my thing.
I'm on the side of relative sizes (Faes/Veils tiny, Guards/Ridgies/Imps huge). Canon sizes are ridiculous. It turns out I have Wildclaws that are canonically about as tall as an average two story house.

And I just don't want to have my lore be centered around Sornieth being a world of giant proportions. Not my thing.
Dom-Shop-Link.png?rlkey=ts1tscej29cs0kt4g6wt9c37d&dl=0.png 1428_150px_istoki_by_miirshroom-dbzlzj5.png Lore-Thread-Link.png?rlkey=clnaiehtq32jzyvwmgq07ek0n&dl=0.png
i do! i like paying attention to canon sizes for friendships in lore!! i'm still debating on how large the structures would be as most of my dragons are Skydancers but they need to make space for the Imps and Obelisks! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/tEfRvH3.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/H6cwV6X.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/DR8TCTa.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vAQ1V6K.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/iQnGNUm.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/jisZa3Q.png[/img][/center] plus i love how they look when resized next to one another! size differences >>>
i do! i like paying attention to canon sizes for friendships in lore!! i'm still debating on how large the structures would be as most of my dragons are Skydancers but they need to make space for the Imps and Obelisks!
tEfRvH3.png
H6cwV6X.png
DR8TCTa.png
vAQ1V6K.png
iQnGNUm.png
jisZa3Q.png

plus i love how they look when resized next to one another! size differences >>>
muah Ny2nyyg.png x xenonyn
pings are welcomed!
fr +3 | est/edt
isfp | capricorn
i love the color green
jilian
xxxxxxx J0iUWhB.png
5Hr7pRA.png
DGTLR6o.png
3CInD4g.png
Dmsnoiy.png
x mneBrSJ.png hello, ur
a cutie
Sorta kinda? I take it with a grain of salt, using it as reference, but not as direct as the actual canon might be. Like a canon Skydancer is literally the size of a guardian's head... and my progenitors of those species are mates. XD

So in my lore, I imagine my skydancer is definitely petite compared to her guardian hubby, but she's more or less like, three or four head sizes shorter rather than being able to fit in his claw/paw.

So faes and veilspuns are still the smallest in my mind, but they're just like, really short compared to other dragons rather than being completely bug sized compared to the canon giants like imps and ridgebacks.
Sorta kinda? I take it with a grain of salt, using it as reference, but not as direct as the actual canon might be. Like a canon Skydancer is literally the size of a guardian's head... and my progenitors of those species are mates. XD

So in my lore, I imagine my skydancer is definitely petite compared to her guardian hubby, but she's more or less like, three or four head sizes shorter rather than being able to fit in his claw/paw.

So faes and veilspuns are still the smallest in my mind, but they're just like, really short compared to other dragons rather than being completely bug sized compared to the canon giants like imps and ridgebacks.
gRG1DTH.png
xnhgcDc.png
r4BmIa8.gif
1 2 3 4 5