Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do lore ppl pay attention to canon size
1 2 3 4 5
do any of you lore clans work the official dragon size stats into your lore?

it just occurred to me that i completely disregard it due to the differences being so large, (occasionally i'll take it as a guide), but i am super curious if anyone has lore where they work it in, stuff like faes riding on shoulders like tomo/scribbles, or tiny vielspuns flying around imps <3
do any of you lore clans work the official dragon size stats into your lore?

it just occurred to me that i completely disregard it due to the differences being so large, (occasionally i'll take it as a guide), but i am super curious if anyone has lore where they work it in, stuff like faes riding on shoulders like tomo/scribbles, or tiny vielspuns flying around imps <3

pings r always ok :)
forum games; main dragons are first two tabs or either lair or hibden
[img alt="A black and white penguin waddling back an forth on top of the forum post."]https://64.media.tumblr.com/765c9abd2035005cdeac9f171180f8df/tumblr_n9jundzMHn1sh2doyo1_540.gif[/img] [color=412924][size=4][font=cambria]Personally I do [emoji=normal eyes size=1]! For example I have an hotel in my lore, and it has differently sized rooms designed by a veilspun
A black and white penguin waddling back an forth on top of the forum post.
Personally I do ! For example I have an hotel in my lore, and it has differently sized rooms designed by a veilspun
UDy41Fx.png
I'm a big fan of fae because of how tiny they are, so that gets into the lore. The big dragons too, I think it's funny how a ridgeback or the like can just pick up a smallish dragon (or a beastclan) and put them somewhere else.
I'm a big fan of fae because of how tiny they are, so that gets into the lore. The big dragons too, I think it's funny how a ridgeback or the like can just pick up a smallish dragon (or a beastclan) and put them somewhere else.
ZincAlloy.gif
Yes. I particularly enjoy when fiction about non-humans has them act, well, non-human. They have different biological drives and needs, different physical constraints due to size and shape, and I like that kind of exercise in imagination, to see where those differences lead intelligent creatures in their culture and lifestyle as well.

In my lore, I keep the canon size differences. I also keep some unpopular features like the coatl and fae languages. I do treat any cultural information from the encyclopedia as general trends though, that smaller groups or individual dragons might not share.
Yes. I particularly enjoy when fiction about non-humans has them act, well, non-human. They have different biological drives and needs, different physical constraints due to size and shape, and I like that kind of exercise in imagination, to see where those differences lead intelligent creatures in their culture and lifestyle as well.

In my lore, I keep the canon size differences. I also keep some unpopular features like the coatl and fae languages. I do treat any cultural information from the encyclopedia as general trends though, that smaller groups or individual dragons might not share.
cDDSaqc.png
Yes-ish. A Fae will be acknowledged to be much smaller than a Guardian or Ridgie, but as for whether it's accurate to their ACTUAL average sizes? Ehhhh - I take some liberties. I'd like my Fae to sit on a shoulder to have a conversation, not be at risk of being sucked into a nostril if it flies too close to someone elses nose trying to have it's voice heard. Same with Veils - and also my small Boggies who are going to have their smallness be canon in my lore. So I guess I'd say I headcanon them to be very slightly larger than actual just for practicality purposes, and ignore things like tiny voices not carrying super well across the distance between them and their massive conversation partners. [img]https://i.ibb.co/w4NVCkZ/plentiful.png[/img]
Yes-ish. A Fae will be acknowledged to be much smaller than a Guardian or Ridgie, but as for whether it's accurate to their ACTUAL average sizes? Ehhhh - I take some liberties. I'd like my Fae to sit on a shoulder to have a conversation, not be at risk of being sucked into a nostril if it flies too close to someone elses nose trying to have it's voice heard. Same with Veils - and also my small Boggies who are going to have their smallness be canon in my lore.

So I guess I'd say I headcanon them to be very slightly larger than actual just for practicality purposes, and ignore things like tiny voices not carrying super well across the distance between them and their massive conversation partners.

plentiful.png
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
I don't use the stats on each dragon as their canonical size no. I use the general dragon size chart as a guideline but not as a fact. I will have some dragons that are bigger or smaller than average, and the height chart isn't that extreme, only because then I'd be wondering how my Physical Fighters are even having trouble against that small of an opponent - who are also physically fighting them. Like- claws, tooth, and tails. If I used the site lore's canonical sizes for them then realistically the Fae would've just become accidental snacks and Veilspun would just be like fleas, with many sprays and gels and amulets to avoid them being on bigger dragons lol
I don't use the stats on each dragon as their canonical size no. I use the general dragon size chart as a guideline but not as a fact. I will have some dragons that are bigger or smaller than average, and the height chart isn't that extreme, only because then I'd be wondering how my Physical Fighters are even having trouble against that small of an opponent - who are also physically fighting them. Like- claws, tooth, and tails. If I used the site lore's canonical sizes for them then realistically the Fae would've just become accidental snacks and Veilspun would just be like fleas, with many sprays and gels and amulets to avoid them being on bigger dragons lol
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
my lore isnt done, even started yet but i have mental plans lol

yes but no! i dont go out of my way to be canon, especially bc my lore concept isnt very canon-friendly either, but i kinda...have a less extreme version of it. dragon breeds are different sizes, but the differences are a lot less wild than canon

tbh whatever is most convenient for me lol
my lore isnt done, even started yet but i have mental plans lol

yes but no! i dont go out of my way to be canon, especially bc my lore concept isnt very canon-friendly either, but i kinda...have a less extreme version of it. dragon breeds are different sizes, but the differences are a lot less wild than canon

tbh whatever is most convenient for me lol
fido / puppy! :3c

ezgif-4-3fe551c58c.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pupgender.png
it-pup.png
autistic-1.png
FR-time-19.png
daeb6df-1b7c633f-bfb3-4010-8bef-b9b82880da92.gif
xxxxxxxxxx
ezgif-4-005202d4be.png
ezgif-4-585f0a6e2b.gif
coli-quest.png
wishlist-1.png
fav-dragon.png
xxxxxezgif-4-58858066a1.gif
Canon size or canon lore? Never heard of it. I have a lot of eldritch creatures in my lore so I have planet-sized auraboas, huge blotting out the horizon spirals, etc. I think the only dragons I keep to their canon sizes are my tiny size glitched dragons. Most of my more normal dragons are a lot bigger in lore than their canon size.
Canon size or canon lore? Never heard of it. I have a lot of eldritch creatures in my lore so I have planet-sized auraboas, huge blotting out the horizon spirals, etc. I think the only dragons I keep to their canon sizes are my tiny size glitched dragons. Most of my more normal dragons are a lot bigger in lore than their canon size.
VX2x7ng.png
i guess so? i mean, i adjust their size a bit so everyone's about the same size
i guess so? i mean, i adjust their size a bit so everyone's about the same size
NcRl9aq.png
Yeah, they're their canon sizes. It's more interesting and fun that way. I have an imp that has a spiral and a coatl as a mate and they curl around his antlers XD. I also have a couple of glitched bogsneaks that have huge kids lol. My city has buildings where one imp sized home is practically a fae city its so fun

Like seriously why wouldn't i have a fae that can stomp a wartoad? It's just fun! Of course, that's when you get to the world building like magically enhanced punches hehehe
Yeah, they're their canon sizes. It's more interesting and fun that way. I have an imp that has a spiral and a coatl as a mate and they curl around his antlers XD. I also have a couple of glitched bogsneaks that have huge kids lol. My city has buildings where one imp sized home is practically a fae city its so fun

Like seriously why wouldn't i have a fae that can stomp a wartoad? It's just fun! Of course, that's when you get to the world building like magically enhanced punches hehehe
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
1 2 3 4 5