Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | No bread?
1 2 3 4 5
While we don't have bread as a food item, bread does appear to exist in Sornieth. So it could appear in the future!

The Roadside Tavern scene proves this- you can see bread in it!
While we don't have bread as a food item, bread does appear to exist in Sornieth. So it could appear in the future!

x72ysXo.png
[quote name="bulrush" date="2024-03-20 07:31:44" ] as much as i'd love to see more processed foods, the food system has to adhere to a very strict type system so things start to break down when you think about the incorporation of ingredients like eggs or milk or shortening. chocolate is processed from plants but would it really feel right to have chocolate in the plant catagory? eggs could fall under meat but where in the hell do you put milk or other forms of dairy? although the inclusion of literally just oil as food items shows staff is willing to play around with more ingredients because dragons are not just straight up drinking that. [/quote] Staff can always go the Flying Butter and Cotton Candy route for "processed" foods. [item=flying butter] [item=fishy cotton candy] [item=infested cotton candy] [item=coneflower cotton candy] [item=meaty cotton candy] Butter is dairy. Add bug parts and it's counted as insect food. Crunchy moth legs already implies milk can be obtained and poured over other foods like cereal. The waterskin is crafted from a sheep's bladder, but I'm sure that it's possible to make cheese from holding milk in the stomach lining of a sheep, even if cattle are not kept as dragon livestock. [item=crunchy moth legs] [item=waterskin] ETA: [gamedb item=50695] appears to feature a big, shiny cheese wheel on the left, at the window, plus a wedge of cheese on the table. We may never get poultry eggs, but we could get omelets as a food item. Even if, like Flying Butter, the omelet item is only filled wirh one food type, it would confirm dragons cook and eat the eggs of other species (which we can already guess the carnivorous dragons do since animals irl do so). Give us bug-filled or seafood-filled omelets! Don't forget the jelly: [item=green jelly] [item=blue jelly] Also, the person above who mentioned that we definitely have yeast in Sornieth is right — a type of horn confirms wine exists. [item=rambra horn] Coffee isn't a food item, but it's also processed and exists in Sornieth. [Item=coffee pot]
bulrush wrote on 2024-03-20 07:31:44:
as much as i'd love to see more processed foods, the food system has to adhere to a very strict type system so things start to break down when you think about the incorporation of ingredients like eggs or milk or shortening. chocolate is processed from plants but would it really feel right to have chocolate in the plant catagory? eggs could fall under meat but where in the hell do you put milk or other forms of dairy? although the inclusion of literally just oil as food items shows staff is willing to play around with more ingredients because dragons are not just straight up drinking that.
Staff can always go the Flying Butter and Cotton Candy route for "processed" foods.
Flying Butter Fishy Cotton Candy Infested Cotton Candy Coneflower Cotton Candy Meaty Cotton Candy

Butter is dairy. Add bug parts and it's counted as insect food. Crunchy moth legs already implies milk can be obtained and poured over other foods like cereal. The waterskin is crafted from a sheep's bladder, but I'm sure that it's possible to make cheese from holding milk in the stomach lining of a sheep, even if cattle are not kept as dragon livestock.
Crunchy Moth Legs Waterskin

ETA: Scene: Roadside Tavern appears to feature a big, shiny cheese wheel on the left, at the window, plus a wedge of cheese on the table.

We may never get poultry eggs, but we could get omelets as a food item. Even if, like Flying Butter, the omelet item is only filled wirh one food type, it would confirm dragons cook and eat the eggs of other species (which we can already guess the carnivorous dragons do since animals irl do so). Give us bug-filled or seafood-filled omelets!

Don't forget the jelly:
Green Jelly Blue Jelly

Also, the person above who mentioned that we definitely have yeast in Sornieth is right — a type of horn confirms wine exists.
Rambra Horn

Coffee isn't a food item, but it's also processed and exists in Sornieth.
Coffee Pot
Anim-spiral.gifx lore clan
spiral fan
rp friendly
for sale
free tiny buttons
xcorgi with feather pen
We most certainly deserve and need some bread items. I'm assuming that the optimal type for it would be plants as they're made out of a bunch of flour. I really want cheese too, but I don't know what that would go under. It's not meat, but it's not anything else either. Maybe cheese could be materials instead of food. Eggs can be meat. Please, Staff, some everyday food items, I need them for my bios. Also, according to Dustcarve Dig, my favourite lore tidbit from it is that Dragonkind does, in fact, have very complex cuisine and they make complex dishes, even out in the field. "Why don’t you go join the others and get something to eat? Armik and I will keep an eye on the city. Wilkens put together quite a spread. There’s something for everyone—bugsteak pies with larvae skewers, sautéed greens with a variety of grains, smoked fish with roe, and roasted fowl with giblets. Now, shoo! Go eat!" They make pies :) [quote name="StarDay" date="2024-03-20 07:48:56" ] While we don't have bread as a food item, bread does appear to exist in Sornieth. So it could appear in the future! The Roadside Tavern scene proves this- you can see bread in it! [/quote] OMG HOW COULD I FORGET. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/scene/50695.png[/img]
We most certainly deserve and need some bread items. I'm assuming that the optimal type for it would be plants as they're made out of a bunch of flour. I really want cheese too, but I don't know what that would go under. It's not meat, but it's not anything else either. Maybe cheese could be materials instead of food. Eggs can be meat.

Please, Staff, some everyday food items, I need them for my bios. Also, according to Dustcarve Dig, my favourite lore tidbit from it is that Dragonkind does, in fact, have very complex cuisine and they make complex dishes, even out in the field.

"Why don’t you go join the others and get something to eat? Armik and I will keep an eye on the city. Wilkens put together quite a spread. There’s something for everyone—bugsteak pies with larvae skewers, sautéed greens with a variety of grains, smoked fish with roe, and roasted fowl with giblets. Now, shoo! Go eat!"

They make pies :)
StarDay wrote on 2024-03-20 07:48:56:

OMG HOW COULD I FORGET.

50695.png
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Man i knew there was probably gonna be some sort of bread somewhere, should have looked through the scenes
Man i knew there was probably gonna be some sort of bread somewhere, should have looked through the scenes
Made by a user rather than staff but I did find this delightful thing
Made by a user rather than staff but I did find this delightful thing
Yeah I personally would probably go the route that someone earlier mentioned: the stuff we gather is the raw ingredients, bread is what the dragons make. You can't go out and pick bread, but you can pick grain, and when you convert those points your dragons can make bread.
Yeah I personally would probably go the route that someone earlier mentioned: the stuff we gather is the raw ingredients, bread is what the dragons make. You can't go out and pick bread, but you can pick grain, and when you convert those points your dragons can make bread.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
[quote name="bulrush" date="2024-03-20 07:31:44" ] although the inclusion of literally just oil as food items shows staff is willing to play around with more ingredients because dragons are not just straight up drinking that. [/quote] That is what You think !! speak for yourself
bulrush wrote on 2024-03-20 07:31:44:
although the inclusion of literally just oil as food items shows staff is willing to play around with more ingredients because dragons are not just straight up drinking that.

That is what You think !! speak for yourself
3ab5c778.gifJupiter/Ben • She/Nix/Nova/Voi • FR+0 • Art ShopWishlist 3ab5c778.gif
New bad idea: shop in the grand exchange run by a sandsurge dragon where you can exchange food for sandwiches, that look similar to the cotton candies where it would just be insects, plants, fish, or meat between two pieces of bread.

This would accomplish:
- more blursed food items
- having a sandsurge NPC
- bread dragons can eat

It could be called "Stuart's Scrumptious Sandwiches"

(it just writes itself)
New bad idea: shop in the grand exchange run by a sandsurge dragon where you can exchange food for sandwiches, that look similar to the cotton candies where it would just be insects, plants, fish, or meat between two pieces of bread.

This would accomplish:
- more blursed food items
- having a sandsurge NPC
- bread dragons can eat

It could be called "Stuart's Scrumptious Sandwiches"

(it just writes itself)
I support Stuart's Scrumptious Sandwiches Shoppe!
I support Stuart's Scrumptious Sandwiches Shoppe!
SCtan5m.png
Southern Lights Hatchery & Ice Nesting d8c1a852df2fd8a.png

Stuart's Scrumptious Sandwiches sounds amazing, +1 for blursed food that ranks up there with the cotton candy and cakes.
Stuart's Scrumptious Sandwiches sounds amazing, +1 for blursed food that ranks up there with the cotton candy and cakes.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
1 2 3 4 5