Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do you miss from FR past?
1 2 3 4
I miss specifically the old Light banner... we used to have yellows and golds instead of yellows and muddy greenish browns. It's not like it's gonna change at this point, but I still miss it, so I have it in my siggy still.
I miss specifically the old Light banner... we used to have yellows and golds instead of yellows and muddy greenish browns. It's not like it's gonna change at this point, but I still miss it, so I have it in my siggy still.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

The old Lightning lair banner. I don't like the colors of the new ones as much. . . the closest one to the original has too much green in it. Hoping that one of the new lair banners they release eventually has closer colors to the original.
The old Lightning lair banner. I don't like the colors of the new ones as much. . . the closest one to the original has too much green in it. Hoping that one of the new lair banners they release eventually has closer colors to the original.
39171734.pnguglyplushies.pngsephydragflipped.png
def the trading post map, i liked how you'd click on the areas you'd want to go to

it makes more sense now but it was still really neat back in the day lol
def the trading post map, i liked how you'd click on the areas you'd want to go to

it makes more sense now but it was still really neat back in the day lol
one thing i don't miss is eggs going bad if you didn't incubate or hatch them within a certain amount of time.
one thing i don't miss is eggs going bad if you didn't incubate or hatch them within a certain amount of time.
TdTJOrw.pngJvUa9ma.pngZa35UMn.pngO2v228l.pngqJFAY9h.pngr8v91MH.png
MccshES.pngFcTuUa4.png
Not many things BUT:

a) as people have said, Welcome Weeks. They were super fun
b) dynamic familiars being...static, ironically
c) being capable of applying the same familiar to many dragons due to an oversight
d) editing the web address by inputting gene or colour numbers in a scry to get an image
Not many things BUT:

a) as people have said, Welcome Weeks. They were super fun
b) dynamic familiars being...static, ironically
c) being capable of applying the same familiar to many dragons due to an oversight
d) editing the web address by inputting gene or colour numbers in a scry to get an image
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
i didn't touch the forums until 2019, i wish i knew how insane the g:t ratio was back then because i could've been making bank this whole time. but also thank goodness i didn't touch the forums back then i already have made enough of a fool of myself as is in the current day i don't want to know how bad things would've been when i was actually in fandom @_@
i didn't touch the forums until 2019, i wish i knew how insane the g:t ratio was back then because i could've been making bank this whole time. but also thank goodness i didn't touch the forums back then i already have made enough of a fool of myself as is in the current day i don't want to know how bad things would've been when i was actually in fandom @_@
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
I miss when dragons had higher value mostly haha. The decline in pricing happened FAST. I remember buying my first Imperial pair for like 400kt per dragon and barely being able to sell their hatchlings for 100kt...I was distraught lol. Just one month and the value dropped that much.
I miss when dragons had higher value mostly haha. The decline in pricing happened FAST. I remember buying my first Imperial pair for like 400kt per dragon and barely being able to sell their hatchlings for 100kt...I was distraught lol. Just one month and the value dropped that much.
CLljvdp.png
[quote name="CreatesGod" date="2024-03-17 14:30:24" ] I miss when dragons had higher value mostly haha. The decline in pricing happened FAST. I remember buying my first Imperial pair for like 400kt per dragon and barely being able to sell their hatchlings for 100kt...I was distraught lol. Just one month and the value dropped that much. [/quote] I had to GRIND for my first adult dragon. Mind you i was new to the game and it took me about a week playing tidal trouble to get the treasure to get one. It is insane how the prices have changed. I would love to see the economic graph for this site
CreatesGod wrote on 2024-03-17 14:30:24:
I had to GRIND for my first adult dragon. Mind you i was new to the game and it took me about a week playing tidal trouble to get the treasure to get one. It is insane how the prices have changed. I would love to see the economic graph for this site
TdTJOrw.pngJvUa9ma.pngZa35UMn.pngO2v228l.pngqJFAY9h.pngr8v91MH.png
MccshES.pngFcTuUa4.png
[quote name="azhdrake" date="2024-03-17 13:01:28" ] I miss welcome weeks. It's nice that people can join whenever now, but it was cool that we could throw events for all the new joiners [/quote] i miss them too, but maybe its for the best theyre gone cuz i was super forgetful and i missed about 3-4 welcome weeks before i could actually join haha but i remember the "newbie watching" where people would check the active users page and watch the new accounts flood in and send them welcome gifts!
azhdrake wrote on 2024-03-17 13:01:28:
I miss welcome weeks. It's nice that people can join whenever now, but it was cool that we could throw events for all the new joiners
i miss them too, but maybe its for the best theyre gone cuz i was super forgetful and i missed about 3-4 welcome weeks before i could actually join haha
but i remember the "newbie watching" where people would check the active users page and watch the new accounts flood in and send them welcome gifts!
xulc4O8.png
A lot of this is after my time, but I would have liked to see the old trading post map cause I love interactive maps like that! They're so fun and cute.

Welcome Weeks would have probably got in the way of me joining, but in theory, they sound like a very nice little community event. The community here is pretty good and well organized, I bet modern WW's would have been fun.

Oh, and the way dynamic fams used to work. The new way can be fun and is good for showing off every pose, but I do like the surprise element it used to have. It worked excellently for those first April Fools familiars certainly. I don't know if I'd ask for it to change, I just like the little surprise.
A lot of this is after my time, but I would have liked to see the old trading post map cause I love interactive maps like that! They're so fun and cute.

Welcome Weeks would have probably got in the way of me joining, but in theory, they sound like a very nice little community event. The community here is pretty good and well organized, I bet modern WW's would have been fun.

Oh, and the way dynamic fams used to work. The new way can be fun and is good for showing off every pose, but I do like the surprise element it used to have. It worked excellently for those first April Fools familiars certainly. I don't know if I'd ask for it to change, I just like the little surprise.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
1 2 3 4