Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do you miss from FR past?
1 2 3 4
A lot has changed from the beginnings of this sight. I love to see new things come in and see thigs get updated with time. but nothing makes me sadder than seeing the old water flight banner. I miss the deep blue. I found a wiki page showing all the old art. So nostalgic for me.

https://flightrising.fandom.com/wiki/Old_Art

What do you miss from the early days of FR?
A lot has changed from the beginnings of this sight. I love to see new things come in and see thigs get updated with time. but nothing makes me sadder than seeing the old water flight banner. I miss the deep blue. I found a wiki page showing all the old art. So nostalgic for me.

https://flightrising.fandom.com/wiki/Old_Art

What do you miss from the early days of FR?
TdTJOrw.pngJvUa9ma.pngZa35UMn.pngO2v228l.pngqJFAY9h.pngr8v91MH.png
MccshES.pngFcTuUa4.png
When you could click on the location in the Trading Post to go there instead of the collection of buttons we have now
When you could click on the location in the Trading Post to go there instead of the collection of buttons we have now
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
@mapleshaiku YES! I remember now. It made it feel more like a trading hub then it does now.
@mapleshaiku YES! I remember now. It made it feel more like a trading hub then it does now.
MccshES.pngFcTuUa4.png
i wasnt around for the majority of these, but looking at them make me feel a... way? cozy? rustic? nostalgiac, even though im seeing most of these for the first time? it's similar to the way i feel looking at pokemon rby/gsc beta stuff. it's authentic, rough, very earnest, fun, reminds me of when i used to spend entire rainy weekends writing and drawing instead of just sleeping, especially those old lair backgrounds and uis. i would LIVE in that old nature bg. makes me wanna work on my own game more...
that said, good riddance to the old armor sets like ew
i wasnt around for the majority of these, but looking at them make me feel a... way? cozy? rustic? nostalgiac, even though im seeing most of these for the first time? it's similar to the way i feel looking at pokemon rby/gsc beta stuff. it's authentic, rough, very earnest, fun, reminds me of when i used to spend entire rainy weekends writing and drawing instead of just sleeping, especially those old lair backgrounds and uis. i would LIVE in that old nature bg. makes me wanna work on my own game more...
that said, good riddance to the old armor sets like ew
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
I miss welcome weeks. It's nice that people can join whenever now, but it was cool that we could throw events for all the new joiners
I miss welcome weeks. It's nice that people can join whenever now, but it was cool that we could throw events for all the new joiners
giphy.gif
BanescaleSig.png
giphy.gif
[quote name="azhdrake" date="2024-03-17 13:01:28" ] I miss welcome weeks. It's nice that people can join whenever now, but it was cool that we could throw events for all the new joiners [/quote] Yesssss! Those were so fun. I remember people making grab bags and breeding dragons specifically to give to new joiners. Little mini events to welcome the new people in to the site and/or specific flight. Its nice people can just join but those were definitely some good times.
azhdrake wrote on 2024-03-17 13:01:28:

Yesssss! Those were so fun. I remember people making grab bags and breeding dragons specifically to give to new joiners. Little mini events to welcome the new people in to the site and/or specific flight. Its nice people can just join but those were definitely some good times.
3pqI1pH.png 5Si8jJK.gif
probably the courier messages, and the active lore clan community. things feel quiet these days when it comes to writing, but i mostly know its due to a lot of us growing up and being busy. I WASN'T HERE FOR THIS BUT WWOOAAHHH [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/c/cc/Intact_Parchment_%28old%29.png[/img] i def wasn't around for intact parchment beta design....
probably the courier messages, and the active lore clan community. things feel quiet these days when it comes to writing, but i mostly know its due to a lot of us growing up and being busy.

I WASN'T HERE FOR THIS BUT WWOOAAHHH Intact_Parchment_%28old%29.png

i def wasn't around for intact parchment beta design....
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
[a] G1 Tarnished Auction Ends May 12
[a] NEW: Cheap G1 dirts Auction (SB 100-200g) Ends May 13
[quote name="LunarKitsune777" date="2024-03-17 13:09:44" ] [quote name="azhdrake" date="2024-03-17 13:01:28" ] I miss welcome weeks. It's nice that people can join whenever now, but it was cool that we could throw events for all the new joiners [/quote] Yesssss! Those were so fun. I remember people making grab bags and breeding dragons specifically to give to new joiners. Little mini events to welcome the new people in to the site and/or specific flight. Its nice people can just join but those were definitely some good times. [/quote] Welcome weeks were so fun! The meme battles between flights and the forum posts about how many people joined and actively tracking how many people joined each flight. Grab bags, welcome forums and games for old and new players, raffles for new players, raffles for older players who gathered items, badges and just all the excitement. It made joining the game feel all special and exclusive too.
LunarKitsune777 wrote on 2024-03-17 13:09:44:
azhdrake wrote on 2024-03-17 13:01:28:

Yesssss! Those were so fun. I remember people making grab bags and breeding dragons specifically to give to new joiners. Little mini events to welcome the new people in to the site and/or specific flight. Its nice people can just join but those were definitely some good times.

Welcome weeks were so fun! The meme battles between flights and the forum posts about how many people joined and actively tracking how many people joined each flight. Grab bags, welcome forums and games for old and new players, raffles for new players, raffles for older players who gathered items, badges and just all the excitement. It made joining the game feel all special and exclusive too.
MccshES.pngFcTuUa4.png
squirrel familiar icon. little guy is gone. at least bring him back as an emoji @ staff pleeeeeeeeease
squirrel familiar icon. little guy is gone. at least bring him back as an emoji @ staff pleeeeeeeeease
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
One thing I remember is back in the Coli when the ranked battles were actually working and you could battle people. I really hope that that does come back some day. I never participated but it was always fun to see.
One thing I remember is back in the Coli when the ranked battles were actually working and you could battle people. I really hope that that does come back some day. I never participated but it was always fun to see.
MccshES.pngFcTuUa4.png
1 2 3 4