Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add KS Items to the Achievement Shop
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[quote name="ShadowWas" date="2024-03-15 18:04:05" ] KS recolors are also a good idea, for a less-expensive prize. [/quote] Recolours are unlikely. Files for some of the earliest apparel items [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2639620/3#post_52912448]are lost[/url].
ShadowWas wrote on 2024-03-15 18:04:05:
KS recolors are also a good idea, for a less-expensive prize.

Recolours are unlikely. Files for some of the earliest apparel items are lost.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="EclipseDragon" date="2024-03-15 11:58:10" ] [quote name="Charky" date="2024-03-15 01:46:37" ] If it's just about recognition - I'm sure staff can add a special marker to the KS imps and potentially even their offspring. This is about giving access to the art, not the fame and fortune. [/quote] If it's do-able, I feel like this would be a fantastic compromise. [/quote] I'm not a FR developer and don't want anyone getting the idea that I know anything about FR's backend- but just from a purely generic database and backend viewpoint- it *should* be possible. My best guess at an approach would be to add a new flag to all G1 imps in the database who exist during the (probably slighly extended) rollover when the new imp scroll was introduced, and have their offspring check for that flag to see if they should get their own flag or not.
EclipseDragon wrote on 2024-03-15 11:58:10:
Charky wrote on 2024-03-15 01:46:37:
If it's just about recognition - I'm sure staff can add a special marker to the KS imps and potentially even their offspring. This is about giving access to the art, not the fame and fortune.

If it's do-able, I feel like this would be a fantastic compromise.

I'm not a FR developer and don't want anyone getting the idea that I know anything about FR's backend- but just from a purely generic database and backend viewpoint- it *should* be possible. My best guess at an approach would be to add a new flag to all G1 imps in the database who exist during the (probably slighly extended) rollover when the new imp scroll was introduced, and have their offspring check for that flag to see if they should get their own flag or not.
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
I would support this. Tired of FOMO. I do not mind long term goals as long as they are at least somehow obtainable.
I would support this. Tired of FOMO. I do not mind long term goals as long as they are at least somehow obtainable.
rI2B9a8.png
Huge support for this! I'm an older player and I still have no chance at getting the old items, and I would love to see new players get them/prices go down. Plus, I would buy more for myself to use!

I do think the point value for the items should be raised, but I think it would be a strong motivator to use the achievement system, and a great way to deal with rare items long term (because Roundsey isn't it!)
Huge support for this! I'm an older player and I still have no chance at getting the old items, and I would love to see new players get them/prices go down. Plus, I would buy more for myself to use!

I do think the point value for the items should be raised, but I think it would be a strong motivator to use the achievement system, and a great way to deal with rare items long term (because Roundsey isn't it!)
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png
mCzmQ3E.png 9.png
support but the prices need to be borderline NUTS

getting ks items, in my opinion, NEEDS to feel like a grind no matter the source. they need that value, and the journey is half the fun at this point

the prices need to be high enough that some people say "eh, i'm not gonna bother", it needs to be high. not impossible, but very challenging

6-8k points for the smaller items seems like a minimum, in my opinion. even that sounds pretty light

edit: even if this never happens, it reminds me that i think we need WAY better achievement shop items lol
support but the prices need to be borderline NUTS

getting ks items, in my opinion, NEEDS to feel like a grind no matter the source. they need that value, and the journey is half the fun at this point

the prices need to be high enough that some people say "eh, i'm not gonna bother", it needs to be high. not impossible, but very challenging

6-8k points for the smaller items seems like a minimum, in my opinion. even that sounds pretty light

edit: even if this never happens, it reminds me that i think we need WAY better achievement shop items lol
fido / puppy! :3c

ezgif-4-3fe551c58c.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pupgender.png
it-pup.png
autistic-1.png
FR-time-19.png
daeb6df-1b7c633f-bfb3-4010-8bef-b9b82880da92.gif
xxxxxxxxxx
ezgif-4-005202d4be.png
ezgif-4-585f0a6e2b.gif
coli-quest.png
wishlist-1.png
fav-dragon.png
xxxxxezgif-4-58858066a1.gif
Support!
The points need to be higher than that, but at least it would be a long term goal for players and an actually obtainable way to get them, rather than now. It would actually motivate me to use the pursuits system! And there's not much market to crash at that point, given how few items there are...
Support!
The points need to be higher than that, but at least it would be a long term goal for players and an actually obtainable way to get them, rather than now. It would actually motivate me to use the pursuits system! And there's not much market to crash at that point, given how few items there are...
5hF3FGk.png
gPwtjqg.png
a922ec5c573bccc1d57aef84d78cfa19067bc414.png 71e09b42cae1da0e3bce33c48764c15f1b5af3ac.png he/him
french
tiny
kE8PZoU.png
bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
oczO35g.png
Support. The points needed for KS items should be very very high, but making them obtainable for players who keep at the achievements system would be really neat. I'm not sure how I feel about Imp scrolls specifically being available, though. On one hand, it would be neat to get Imp scrolls for a very high point cost, and folks have given some good suggestions about having a marker to indicate original Imps, but on the other hand, I think there's something to be said lore-wise about not adding Imp scrolls. Like, it gives the breed a unique quirk and bit of flavor.
Support. The points needed for KS items should be very very high, but making them obtainable for players who keep at the achievements system would be really neat. I'm not sure how I feel about Imp scrolls specifically being available, though. On one hand, it would be neat to get Imp scrolls for a very high point cost, and folks have given some good suggestions about having a marker to indicate original Imps, but on the other hand, I think there's something to be said lore-wise about not adding Imp scrolls. Like, it gives the breed a unique quirk and bit of flavor.
In search of Accent: Variegation Skin: Nightwhisper Skin: Substrate Skin: bat trap
I was uncertain at first, but after reading the thread a bit... Support. Though I do agree the token price should be super high- I do like the idea of these items available from an in-game mechanic as a long-term goal. (I don't know exactly what value would be appropriate, though, since most of my tokens are from achievements gained before tokens and the AAA were added, so I don't actually have a good reference point of how long they take to accumulate. 2000 feels too low, because I have 2000 without ever having done much active achievement-hunting, but also my account is over 9 years old and it is 10x as much as the current most expensive AAA item)

I do understand staff's rationale in not rereleasing KS items, though. Personally, I wouldn't particularly mind them staying retired. But if they were made available again, this suggestion would be a reasonable way to do it.
I was uncertain at first, but after reading the thread a bit... Support. Though I do agree the token price should be super high- I do like the idea of these items available from an in-game mechanic as a long-term goal. (I don't know exactly what value would be appropriate, though, since most of my tokens are from achievements gained before tokens and the AAA were added, so I don't actually have a good reference point of how long they take to accumulate. 2000 feels too low, because I have 2000 without ever having done much active achievement-hunting, but also my account is over 9 years old and it is 10x as much as the current most expensive AAA item)

I do understand staff's rationale in not rereleasing KS items, though. Personally, I wouldn't particularly mind them staying retired. But if they were made available again, this suggestion would be a reasonable way to do it.
evQCX9v.gifMmBygYl.gif 41722454605_fc7ec4942e_o.png
i feel like this would be the prefect way to rerelease imperial scrolls though the biggest hurdle seems to be their limited breed status which considering how gene consistency was handled may be a bigger roadblock than any kickstarter limitations. this would give me a reason to actually bother with my pursuits and could help flush out the extra currency that would generate if users would rather sell their items than keep them.

also i'd be interested in seeing a ks backer who isn't in support of unretiring ks items, the only no supports i've seen is from random users but i could believe there are some backers who would be opposed... i just don't know where they are. as much as i can say i want this its important to get their input too and not just have people make assumptions if they'd be upset or not (most seem to not care).

wait one more thing, do the alpha/beta items come into play here at all? boolean and the beta skins are in a weird spot since those were awarded to early players for being early players.
i feel like this would be the prefect way to rerelease imperial scrolls though the biggest hurdle seems to be their limited breed status which considering how gene consistency was handled may be a bigger roadblock than any kickstarter limitations. this would give me a reason to actually bother with my pursuits and could help flush out the extra currency that would generate if users would rather sell their items than keep them.

also i'd be interested in seeing a ks backer who isn't in support of unretiring ks items, the only no supports i've seen is from random users but i could believe there are some backers who would be opposed... i just don't know where they are. as much as i can say i want this its important to get their input too and not just have people make assumptions if they'd be upset or not (most seem to not care).

wait one more thing, do the alpha/beta items come into play here at all? boolean and the beta skins are in a weird spot since those were awarded to early players for being early players.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
[quote name="bulrush" date="2024-03-19 13:12:24" ] also i'd be interested in seeing a ks backer who isn't in support of unretiring ks items, the only no supports i've seen is from random users but i could believe there are some backers who would be opposed... i just don't know where they are. as much as i can say i want this its important to get their input too and not just have people make assumptions if they'd be upset or not (most seem to not care).[/quote] While I also would like to hear from more KS backers, I do think the lack of backers in this thread just amplifies the reasons the thread is needed - are there even more than half a dozen KS players still active? Should we be keeping items exclusive to a handful of players who've long since forgotten about the game?
bulrush wrote on 2024-03-19 13:12:24:

While I also would like to hear from more KS backers, I do think the lack of backers in this thread just amplifies the reasons the thread is needed - are there even more than half a dozen KS players still active? Should we be keeping items exclusive to a handful of players who've long since forgotten about the game?
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18