Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Clayton Academy (Reboot - IC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(Chase Windward | Interacting with: Sycamore & Nellie| Location: Great Lawn)

Talk of inhibitors caught Chase’s ear and he perked up curiously, head swivelling in their direction. He originally didn’t mean to look directly at them but the odd anatomy of one of them caused a double take. Was that an anthropomorphic dragon? They were fluffy! Chase had never seen one of those before, maybe they weren’t a dragon. They didn’t have wings and he didn’t know enough about the species out there to really be sure but if they were... He wondered - did they also breathe fire? Was that why they had an inhibitor ‘collar’? Theirs looked nicer than his, that was for definite. Chase’s neck inhibitor looked more like a dog collar than a stylish choker, though he supposed it was fitting for him.

The other seemed to have already gotten uniform, which could mean she just wanted to be quick and presentable, or that she was already enrolled at the school before the new starters. Though, judging by the conversation and how young she looked, probably not the second one. Still, Chase took note that he will probably have to dress in something similar and inwardly groaned. He hoped the teacher’s would at least allow sunglasses but he could already see himself testing the boundaries. Maybe he could shimmy a school blazer over a brightly covered hoodie and pull it off well enough that it was allowed. Yeah, nah, let’s just focus on trying to stay in school this time round.

Eitherway, these two had caught his attention. He may as well introduce himself and get some names for the time being.

He pivoted and strided up to them, waving with a loud greeting before he reached them, just in case they were the type to get spooked, “Hey there, you guys new too?”

Chase got a better look at the dragon person’s outfit while he was at it, noting the garish colours that didn’t really go all too well together but he could see the vision. And he liked the jacket quite a bit. So, he commented with a nod, “Nice jacket.”

“And gloves. They’re cute.” He added when he saw that the girl had her hands out. They looked well-made.

Talk of inhibitors caught Chase’s ear and he perked up curiously, head swivelling in their direction. He originally didn’t mean to look directly at them but the odd anatomy of one of them caused a double take. Was that an anthropomorphic dragon? They were fluffy! Chase had never seen one of those before, maybe they weren’t a dragon. They didn’t have wings and he didn’t know enough about the species out there to really be sure but if they were... He wondered - did they also breathe fire? Was that why they had an inhibitor ‘collar’? Theirs looked nicer than his, that was for definite. Chase’s neck inhibitor looked more like a dog collar than a stylish choker, though he supposed it was fitting for him.

The other seemed to have already gotten uniform, which could mean she just wanted to be quick and presentable, or that she was already enrolled at the school before the new starters. Though, judging by the conversation and how young she looked, probably not the second one. Still, Chase took note that he will probably have to dress in something similar and inwardly groaned. He hoped the teacher’s would at least allow sunglasses but he could already see himself testing the boundaries. Maybe he could shimmy a school blazer over a brightly covered hoodie and pull it off well enough that it was allowed. Yeah, nah, let’s just focus on trying to stay in school this time round.

Eitherway, these two had caught his attention. He may as well introduce himself and get some names for the time being.

He pivoted and strided up to them, waving with a loud greeting before he reached them, just in case they were the type to get spooked, “Hey there, you guys new too?”

Chase got a better look at the dragon person’s outfit while he was at it, noting the garish colours that didn’t really go all too well together but he could see the vision. And he liked the jacket quite a bit. So, he commented with a nod, “Nice jacket.”

“And gloves. They’re cute.” He added when he saw that the girl had her hands out. They looked well-made.
............................ ..

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o1_75sq.png
Art | Wishlist | Avatar | Auction (30+)
...Blue | Any pronouns | FR time +8

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o2_75sq.png
Landon Rockcrowne
Interactions: Ashlynn, Angelo
_______

He shot a slightly dirty look at Angelo as he thought,
Oh do you think you're above the mountain climbing midget? Go get a life oh wise man of the lawn.
Landon then said,
"Hi, and umm… It was actually a fairly nice walk, all things considered."
He didn't really care if that sounded normal or not since it didn't matter what these people thought. However he did reach down into his pants pocket and take out a kingsnake, letting him crawl up his arm and eventually come to a rest around his neck.

He then added,
"But if we're just waiting for orientation then whatever."
Landon hissed a bit with Charlie, clearly able to understand the snake.
Lance Savage
Interactions: Koito
_______

He could hear a bit of noise from above and at first didn't think much of it as things ran around in the trees all the time. However, when that 'thing' spoke like a human that got his attention a bit more. Looking up Lance saw a dude that looked a bit younger than himself, fair given that he was the weird one out in that regard, and could also just make out a thin little tail that possibly ended in a tiny stinger - hard to tell from here. He chirped on reflex as he said,
"Oh… Umm… Thanks. It's loosely based on nightmares I have here and there."

Lance then moved his hand a bit to make it easier to see the sketch lines of something that had a notable resemblance to a blood wyvern, only lacking any patterns and seeming to be dripping in odd places. A pair of lines indicated where wings would be placed, several half erased repositions could be seen.
Adara Ferra
Interactions: Open
_______

For the moment still reading a book on a bench.
Zain Darke
_______

Bro's just smoking a cigarette somewhat away from others.
Scarificator Sternocleidomastoid
Interactions: Other Teachers
_______

Scar made a noise comparable to a feline trill in acknowledgment of Alex before listening to what the walking unknown had to say. And couldn't help but hiss and make a few soft noises that sounded like a ba--ardized version of draconic (as it was). Since he hated being able to agree with such a passive take… Conflicted entirely with the cat-like sort of active predator he is. Scarificator then said,
"I just don't like it when any organization like that is so quiet. Particularly when they weren't always."
Landon Rockcrowne
Interactions: Ashlynn, Angelo
_______

He shot a slightly dirty look at Angelo as he thought,
Oh do you think you're above the mountain climbing midget? Go get a life oh wise man of the lawn.
Landon then said,
"Hi, and umm… It was actually a fairly nice walk, all things considered."
He didn't really care if that sounded normal or not since it didn't matter what these people thought. However he did reach down into his pants pocket and take out a kingsnake, letting him crawl up his arm and eventually come to a rest around his neck.

He then added,
"But if we're just waiting for orientation then whatever."
Landon hissed a bit with Charlie, clearly able to understand the snake.
Lance Savage
Interactions: Koito
_______

He could hear a bit of noise from above and at first didn't think much of it as things ran around in the trees all the time. However, when that 'thing' spoke like a human that got his attention a bit more. Looking up Lance saw a dude that looked a bit younger than himself, fair given that he was the weird one out in that regard, and could also just make out a thin little tail that possibly ended in a tiny stinger - hard to tell from here. He chirped on reflex as he said,
"Oh… Umm… Thanks. It's loosely based on nightmares I have here and there."

Lance then moved his hand a bit to make it easier to see the sketch lines of something that had a notable resemblance to a blood wyvern, only lacking any patterns and seeming to be dripping in odd places. A pair of lines indicated where wings would be placed, several half erased repositions could be seen.
Adara Ferra
_______

For the moment still reading a book on a bench.
Zain Darke
_______

Bro's just smoking a cigarette somewhat away from others.
Scarificator Sternocleidomastoid
Interactions: Other Teachers
_______

Scar made a noise comparable to a feline trill in acknowledgment of Alex before listening to what the walking unknown had to say. And couldn't help but hiss and make a few soft noises that sounded like a ba--ardized version of draconic (as it was). Since he hated being able to agree with such a passive take… Conflicted entirely with the cat-like sort of active predator he is. Scarificator then said,
"I just don't like it when any organization like that is so quiet. Particularly when they weren't always."
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
[- SYCAMORE -]
(LOCATION: GREAT LAWN)
{INTERACTION WITH: CHASE/OPEN}

My eyes snapped to the new arrival, noting the sunglasses that my gaze couldn't penetrate. I tipped my head in a greeting, blinking softly through my eyelashes as I gazed at the new arrival. I raised my head, face completely poker as I spoke,
"Thank you," I said, sticking my hands into my short pockets. Another droplet of water fell off my inhibitor, landing on a cold puddle on my collarbone. I winced slightly at how insanely f--cking cold it was, the water and the air. I wasn't used to the cold, more used to the insane oven of the Turpan Basin. I shivered despite my fluffy mane and jacket.
[- SYCAMORE -]
{INTERACTION WITH: CHASE/OPEN}

My eyes snapped to the new arrival, noting the sunglasses that my gaze couldn't penetrate. I tipped my head in a greeting, blinking softly through my eyelashes as I gazed at the new arrival. I raised my head, face completely poker as I spoke,
"Thank you," I said, sticking my hands into my short pockets. Another droplet of water fell off my inhibitor, landing on a cold puddle on my collarbone. I winced slightly at how insanely f--cking cold it was, the water and the air. I wasn't used to the cold, more used to the insane oven of the Turpan Basin. I shivered despite my fluffy mane and jacket.
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
Nellie Hawthorn

Nellie, hearing the conspicuous greeting, turned her head to meet the gaze (or sunglasses, really) of an approaching tall kid with bright blue hair. He seemed to be as curious about Sycamore as Nellie was, fair, but he took an interest in her gloves too.

"Nice gloves?" She turned to better face the now-trio, smiling a bit, "Thanks, my... mentor made them. They're kind of like a parent to me, really, though Morgan says they have no concept of parenthood, as woodland spirits kind of just begin to exist at a point in time. I did the letters myself. E for Elnora H for Hawthorn- oh, names! I was rambling. I'm Elnora, but call me Nellie." She almost stuck her hand out for a handshake, but seeing two people, and not knowing who to pick, she hesitated and just lowered her hands to her sides. "And you two are...?"

Nellie paused. Sycamore was... shivering? It wasn't that cold out, right? "Do you, uh, need something? You are shivering in a jacket," the girl said, a quizzical look on her face as she thought: Maybe she's not from here. Or dragons work different from humans. Maybe I could help?
Nellie Hawthorn

Nellie, hearing the conspicuous greeting, turned her head to meet the gaze (or sunglasses, really) of an approaching tall kid with bright blue hair. He seemed to be as curious about Sycamore as Nellie was, fair, but he took an interest in her gloves too.

"Nice gloves?" She turned to better face the now-trio, smiling a bit, "Thanks, my... mentor made them. They're kind of like a parent to me, really, though Morgan says they have no concept of parenthood, as woodland spirits kind of just begin to exist at a point in time. I did the letters myself. E for Elnora H for Hawthorn- oh, names! I was rambling. I'm Elnora, but call me Nellie." She almost stuck her hand out for a handshake, but seeing two people, and not knowing who to pick, she hesitated and just lowered her hands to her sides. "And you two are...?"

Nellie paused. Sycamore was... shivering? It wasn't that cold out, right? "Do you, uh, need something? You are shivering in a jacket," the girl said, a quizzical look on her face as she thought: Maybe she's not from here. Or dragons work different from humans. Maybe I could help?

“Ooh, a spirit made them? That’s fuc-” Chase cut himself off, with a sheepish smile, “flipping awesome. They sound awesome. And I’m Chase. Last name Windward. I’m new here- and pretty much new to the whole magic culture thing but my family is like me one way or another and I’ve had my own inhibitors for quite a while.”

He pointed to his neck, seeing as it was the most obvious. He didn’t want to come off as completely naive but his family hadn’t exactly endorsed their abilities.

Then he nodded in the dragon’s direction at Nellie’s observation, “Yeah, you okay there? I can let you borrow my jacket if you’re too cold. I’m quite warm myself.” Probably because he was soaking up the sunlight that peeked out. He wasn’t likely to overheat but he wasn’t going to get cold anytime soon so lending a jacket wouldn’t hurt. It’d be easier if he could just share the excess heat from his passive ability rather than have it sit and make him too energetic.

“Ooh, a spirit made them? That’s fuc-” Chase cut himself off, with a sheepish smile, “flipping awesome. They sound awesome. And I’m Chase. Last name Windward. I’m new here- and pretty much new to the whole magic culture thing but my family is like me one way or another and I’ve had my own inhibitors for quite a while.”

He pointed to his neck, seeing as it was the most obvious. He didn’t want to come off as completely naive but his family hadn’t exactly endorsed their abilities.

Then he nodded in the dragon’s direction at Nellie’s observation, “Yeah, you okay there? I can let you borrow my jacket if you’re too cold. I’m quite warm myself.” Probably because he was soaking up the sunlight that peeked out. He wasn’t likely to overheat but he wasn’t going to get cold anytime soon so lending a jacket wouldn’t hurt. It’d be easier if he could just share the excess heat from his passive ability rather than have it sit and make him too energetic.
............................ ..

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o1_75sq.png
Art | Wishlist | Avatar | Auction (30+)
...Blue | Any pronouns | FR time +8

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o2_75sq.png
Emory (no interactions)
No one really seemed interesting so he grabbed a book and looked for a place to sit, Eve silently grabbed his arm and dragged him over to the end of a bench. He glared at her and whispered "What the hell, someone's already using it, I want to read" His sister shrugged and mumbled back "Let's at least try to hang in the vicinity of others okay?" He simply glared, sat next to the bench and started reading.

Eve (Kinda Arada, she's really close by)
She felt awkward just standing there and noticed Emory getting bored and ready to read. She didn't want to just stand on the side while others started building bonds so she took a deep breath and noticed someone on a bench, perfect, they could just chill at the end of the bench, no need for actual interaction, just making it clear they weren't loners. She grabbed her brother and dragged him over to his immediately grumbles and huffs before quietly sitting next to her brother on the floor and watching the sky above.
Emory (no interactions)
No one really seemed interesting so he grabbed a book and looked for a place to sit, Eve silently grabbed his arm and dragged him over to the end of a bench. He glared at her and whispered "What the hell, someone's already using it, I want to read" His sister shrugged and mumbled back "Let's at least try to hang in the vicinity of others okay?" He simply glared, sat next to the bench and started reading.

Eve (Kinda Arada, she's really close by)
She felt awkward just standing there and noticed Emory getting bored and ready to read. She didn't want to just stand on the side while others started building bonds so she took a deep breath and noticed someone on a bench, perfect, they could just chill at the end of the bench, no need for actual interaction, just making it clear they weren't loners. She grabbed her brother and dragged him over to his immediately grumbles and huffs before quietly sitting next to her brother on the floor and watching the sky above.
I'm active usually around 7-9 or 11-12FR time.
download.png
[- SYCAMORE -]
{INTERACTION WITH: CHASE, NELLIE/OPEN}

I shook my head slightly at the offer of the extra warmth. I was fine, just unused to the wind. I dragged my jacket over my chest before saying,
"Sycamore." I held out a hand to shake. I wasn't 100% used to American customs so my hand hung low, and my posture was tipped slightly. I knew most people would see bowing as submissive and weird, so I refrained from it, and instead attempted to use their customs.
[- SYCAMORE -]
{INTERACTION WITH: CHASE, NELLIE/OPEN}

I shook my head slightly at the offer of the extra warmth. I was fine, just unused to the wind. I dragged my jacket over my chest before saying,
"Sycamore." I held out a hand to shake. I wasn't 100% used to American customs so my hand hung low, and my posture was tipped slightly. I knew most people would see bowing as submissive and weird, so I refrained from it, and instead attempted to use their customs.
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
Koito
Interactions: Lance Savage

The images below him looked really cool. He wondered why the were dripping though. "You must have some intense nightmares." He tilts his head, smiling a bit at the interesting drawing. "Some crazy creature." he muttered to himself. "What do you think it is? I mean, that dream has to be based on something." The small dragon sat quietly, seemingly asleep. Koito knew it wasn't though.
Koito
Interactions: Lance Savage

The images below him looked really cool. He wondered why the were dripping though. "You must have some intense nightmares." He tilts his head, smiling a bit at the interesting drawing. "Some crazy creature." he muttered to himself. "What do you think it is? I mean, that dream has to be based on something." The small dragon sat quietly, seemingly asleep. Koito knew it wasn't though.
ANLING.
Anling dips her head with a small, bashful smile as the other shrivels, attempting to draw her peer out of their shell by showing a similar shyness. I'm not scary, she attempts to convey, meaning laced in the touch of a hand against the back of her neck and the soft, demure voice she speaks with.

"Thank you," she says. "I really appreciate your help." Her smile turns a shade brighter, like the light dancing across their forms. A slight dimple forms with the movement.

Then, she lifts her hand to reveal her cousin on a shifting panel, shown in black ink again a white background. She's clearly young, face round with baby fat and emblazoned with a mass of jutting scales. A pair of small whiskers drop from her upper lip, and stubby horns jut out from her temples. Despite her early excitement, she's now looking at the floor, sneaking quick glances upward like a fugitive.

Seeing how the both of them are too nervous to be holding a proper conversation, Anling nudges the yellow flower the other student had been focused on. "We're not from around here," she says, drawing attention to the faint accent curling around her words. "But we like these pretty flowers."

The statement is emphasized by the crescent curve of her eyes as she asks, "Do you know what they are? We'd love to learn a little more about them."
ANLING.
Anling dips her head with a small, bashful smile as the other shrivels, attempting to draw her peer out of their shell by showing a similar shyness. I'm not scary, she attempts to convey, meaning laced in the touch of a hand against the back of her neck and the soft, demure voice she speaks with.

"Thank you," she says. "I really appreciate your help." Her smile turns a shade brighter, like the light dancing across their forms. A slight dimple forms with the movement.

Then, she lifts her hand to reveal her cousin on a shifting panel, shown in black ink again a white background. She's clearly young, face round with baby fat and emblazoned with a mass of jutting scales. A pair of small whiskers drop from her upper lip, and stubby horns jut out from her temples. Despite her early excitement, she's now looking at the floor, sneaking quick glances upward like a fugitive.

Seeing how the both of them are too nervous to be holding a proper conversation, Anling nudges the yellow flower the other student had been focused on. "We're not from around here," she says, drawing attention to the faint accent curling around her words. "But we like these pretty flowers."

The statement is emphasized by the crescent curve of her eyes as she asks, "Do you know what they are? We'd love to learn a little more about them."
NAZTECH.
Well, this is quite a sticky situation that Naztech found himself in, entirely accidentally too. Of course, he knew that the Templar were planning on attacking Clayton, but how did the others? Perhaps they have something alike with the Templar in power, seeing how they can find something of value in targeting students, of all things.

Ah well, since they have, it looks like he'll have to take some steps to salvage his reputation.

"Sorry," Naztech starts, head facing down towards the floor as he scratches his cheek in the very picture of remorseful newbie being berated by his coworkers. "I didn't realize that we were worried about being targeted. I figured it was more of something we were discussing in terms of the magic society as a whole being under threat."

He glances upward, as much as someone without eyes can, and offers, "Since we're worried though, why don't we set up a few new defenses? I can help with some basic warding or keeping watch if you want? I don't need sleep, so I wouldn't mind spending that time helping out however the school needs."

(John is entirely right to be worried about his coworker being fake, though perhaps not in the way he was originally thinking. Naztech is quickly learning to enjoy acting because testing his comprehension of the habits he's observed through decades of observing humans is turning out to be surprisingly fun.)
NAZTECH.
Well, this is quite a sticky situation that Naztech found himself in, entirely accidentally too. Of course, he knew that the Templar were planning on attacking Clayton, but how did the others? Perhaps they have something alike with the Templar in power, seeing how they can find something of value in targeting students, of all things.

Ah well, since they have, it looks like he'll have to take some steps to salvage his reputation.

"Sorry," Naztech starts, head facing down towards the floor as he scratches his cheek in the very picture of remorseful newbie being berated by his coworkers. "I didn't realize that we were worried about being targeted. I figured it was more of something we were discussing in terms of the magic society as a whole being under threat."

He glances upward, as much as someone without eyes can, and offers, "Since we're worried though, why don't we set up a few new defenses? I can help with some basic warding or keeping watch if you want? I don't need sleep, so I wouldn't mind spending that time helping out however the school needs."

(John is entirely right to be worried about his coworker being fake, though perhaps not in the way he was originally thinking. Naztech is quickly learning to enjoy acting because testing his comprehension of the habits he's observed through decades of observing humans is turning out to be surprisingly fun.)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7