Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thoughts on G1 fandragons?
1 2 3 4 5
I usually don't do G1 fandragons because I either don't have the gems or patience, but I think they're neat! Using all of that time and/or money on a dragon based on your favorite character or interest really shows how much you love it.

I only have on G1 fanderg, and it's of my lovely Ogerpon
I usually don't do G1 fandragons because I either don't have the gems or patience, but I think they're neat! Using all of that time and/or money on a dragon based on your favorite character or interest really shows how much you love it.

I only have on G1 fanderg, and it's of my lovely Ogerpon
BoppingBuilder.gif d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gifKieran, FR +2
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif They/Them
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif G1 and shiny pokemon hoarder
Oh I've got a few G1 fandragons! Some of them like Luz and Smith were a matter of convenience in the colors. I wasn't able to find the dragon I was looking for with those colors and the eye type I was after. While I'll admit Gus was a matter of "I have a general idea but actually no clue what I want for them aside from what element they'll be" type of situation, and finding a G1 that looks good and can match the character was nice. I've got twice as many G2+ fandragons than G1s, especially when I have a very specific and rare color combo in mind, if there is a G1 for sale then Yippee! If not, breeding usually takes a while.
Oh I've got a few G1 fandragons! Some of them like Luz and Smith were a matter of convenience in the colors. I wasn't able to find the dragon I was looking for with those colors and the eye type I was after. While I'll admit Gus was a matter of "I have a general idea but actually no clue what I want for them aside from what element they'll be" type of situation, and finding a G1 that looks good and can match the character was nice. I've got twice as many G2+ fandragons than G1s, especially when I have a very specific and rare color combo in mind, if there is a G1 for sale then Yippee! If not, breeding usually takes a while.
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif

With the exception of the Imps, my fandragons are all gen 1s.

With the exception of the Imps, my fandragons are all gen 1s.
Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
I've named two g1 dragons after source material, but they're not fandragons, more like basic personality and names are taken from the source material (very similar to how I've treated other non-g1 dragons) but they're not a one-to-one. More of my g1 dragons have actually taken inspiration from other media, but were not directly inspired or named after it!

However, I do give kudos who can make g1 fandragons, as I can be very picky when it comes to color and element when it comes to it.
I've named two g1 dragons after source material, but they're not fandragons, more like basic personality and names are taken from the source material (very similar to how I've treated other non-g1 dragons) but they're not a one-to-one. More of my g1 dragons have actually taken inspiration from other media, but were not directly inspired or named after it!

However, I do give kudos who can make g1 fandragons, as I can be very picky when it comes to color and element when it comes to it.
5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
i love g1 fandragons because it means i dont have to worry about pesky things like "this character canonically has no parents" or "we only know the name of one of this character's parents" or "this character is literally a train"
getting the exact color combo you need is super hard though, so only 2 of my fandergs are g1s. but it's so rad when you do get them
i love g1 fandragons because it means i dont have to worry about pesky things like "this character canonically has no parents" or "we only know the name of one of this character's parents" or "this character is literally a train"
getting the exact color combo you need is super hard though, so only 2 of my fandergs are g1s. but it's so rad when you do get them
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
I prefer not to. Mainly because I want the eyes to match the character, and while some characters I've represented don't have official eye colors, many others do.

The likelihood of the colors and eye color existing as a G1 is very rare, and I don't want to deal with that hassle.

The only exception to this is the Great Plateau tab: it's mainly just a personal reminder that I had scattered a G1 into an XXX some months before TotK's release. That, and they are either unnamed characters, or based on locations.
I prefer not to. Mainly because I want the eyes to match the character, and while some characters I've represented don't have official eye colors, many others do.

The likelihood of the colors and eye color existing as a G1 is very rare, and I don't want to deal with that hassle.

The only exception to this is the Great Plateau tab: it's mainly just a personal reminder that I had scattered a G1 into an XXX some months before TotK's release. That, and they are either unnamed characters, or based on locations.
Avatar Dragon: Link / Tiny Dragon by AmberscaleArt. Teba
Masterpost of Guides
Fandragons
Regular
Temple of Time Hatchery
I have two finished G1 fandragons, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91926044]Skitter Marshall[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91420934]Lyris[/url], and one unfinished, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83102097]Safe Shallows[/url]. They're all ones I was willing to sacrifice getting the "perfect" colors on, I don't have near enough patience to get a G1 with very specific colors [emoji=gaoler scared size=1]
I have two finished G1 fandragons, Skitter Marshall and Lyris, and one unfinished, Safe Shallows. They're all ones I was willing to sacrifice getting the "perfect" colors on, I don't have near enough patience to get a G1 with very specific colors
Gek4MgE.png
GOoia7D.png
CISPrku.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
mlHpBMC.png
z3FSuck.png
5hF3FGk.png
Q0Bai3e.png
W3zVYMS.png
All of my dragons are G1s, so all inspired-by dragons are as well.

It can be extremely difficult to get specific combos... Most of what I have on my want list right now don't exist yet. :'D
All of my dragons are G1s, so all inspired-by dragons are as well.

It can be extremely difficult to get specific combos... Most of what I have on my want list right now don't exist yet. :'D
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
i have a handful of gen1 fandragons, but i got lax about it because i am. picky. and that would take absolutely FOREVER and cost me so much for some of them that are certain colors lmao
i have a handful of gen1 fandragons, but i got lax about it because i am. picky. and that would take absolutely FOREVER and cost me so much for some of them that are certain colors lmao
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
in theory i'd prefer that my fandragons be g1s. in practice only one of them is since finding an unbred g1 with a very particular color combo and element is agonizing. huge respect to anyone with an all-g1 fandragon collection but also, like, couldn't be me
in theory i'd prefer that my fandragons be g1s. in practice only one of them is since finding an unbred g1 with a very particular color combo and element is agonizing. huge respect to anyone with an all-g1 fandragon collection but also, like, couldn't be me
Palestinian flagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grey/juniper «a
he/him «a
fr+2 «a
pings OK «a
Official artwork of the tome of Forseti from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It is dark green with elaborate white detailing.
1 2 3 4 5