Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do your cats play fetch?
1 2 3
I have a cat, say hi to pancake! we just got him around four months ago and he has already bonded to me like a sidekick. He follows me everywhere (as long as the dog is away). and one of the things I learned about him:

He acts like a dog

Bro legit plays fetch with me! It's so cute! his eyes go wide and everything :D

So, do your cats do this or is it just him being weird (pretty sure he was raised with multiple dogs, it was a pet hoarder house we rescued him from, so maybe he picked up his mannerisms from that)

Plus, he will meow at me if I meow at him, is this normal?
I have a cat, say hi to pancake! we just got him around four months ago and he has already bonded to me like a sidekick. He follows me everywhere (as long as the dog is away). and one of the things I learned about him:

He acts like a dog

Bro legit plays fetch with me! It's so cute! his eyes go wide and everything :D

So, do your cats do this or is it just him being weird (pretty sure he was raised with multiple dogs, it was a pet hoarder house we rescued him from, so maybe he picked up his mannerisms from that)

Plus, he will meow at me if I meow at him, is this normal?
CrumbledCandy.gif 92n1dwB.png" alt="92n1dwB.jpg
Please feel free to ping me whenever!
If you could like Eosphoros, that would be great!
Wish and something might just appear in your hand!
(enter your wish on my profile)

G8AyR6r.png
My childhood cat would only play fetch with marbles. We would go over the basement and I would roll the marble down the stairs and he'd chase after it and bring it right back up to me to roll back down again. Also, hi Pancake!!! [emoji=bogsneak star size=2]
My childhood cat would only play fetch with marbles. We would go over the basement and I would roll the marble down the stairs and he'd chase after it and bring it right back up to me to roll back down again.

Also, hi Pancake!!!
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
I used to have a cat who played fetch with pipe cleaners, the thing about her though was she only played fetch when she wanted to. Sometimes you would be minding your own business and she'd bring you a wet pipe cleaner and expect you to throw it! It was annoying sometimes but it was also pretty cute.
I used to have a cat who played fetch with pipe cleaners, the thing about her though was she only played fetch when she wanted to. Sometimes you would be minding your own business and she'd bring you a wet pipe cleaner and expect you to throw it! It was annoying sometimes but it was also pretty cute.
She/Her 24
Big Dragon Nerd
I only ever get obsessed with media that's at least 10 years old for some reason.
Artist and Writer
Mine used to as a kitten, but ever since she's become an adult, if I try the same trick on her she gives me this look. It's as if she's asking me to fetch it myself, haha
Mine used to as a kitten, but ever since she's become an adult, if I try the same trick on her she gives me this look. It's as if she's asking me to fetch it myself, haha
2bf6nnX.pngmtHAEL4.pngaPfqvmf.pngmjtJ868.pngEIzJIWx.pngVHmdVcB.png8OcABDV.png R4RVavr.pngumLF6oK.gifqVw4IEL.pngGR4p3Uw.pngfqG5KmE.pngzfNtpTV.png

2674017.png2802457.png2804985.png2805970.png2806037.png
2806128.png2806314.png2806493.png2807548.png2807554.png
2807685.png2808480.png2808481.png2808485.png2808499.png
2808574.png2808764.png2808836.png2809949.png2812430.png
Hi Pancake!! My cat Shrimp has been a fetch boy since he was a kitten. He's 3 now and still prefers playing with actual garbage than normal toys. His favorite thing to play with is 2 zip-ties that are tied together with another zip-tie. When we get him toys that dangle on sticks, like wand toys, he tears the toy off and just plays with the stick. All cats are weird, that's part of their charm :3
Hi Pancake!! My cat Shrimp has been a fetch boy since he was a kitten. He's 3 now and still prefers playing with actual garbage than normal toys. His favorite thing to play with is 2 zip-ties that are tied together with another zip-tie. When we get him toys that dangle on sticks, like wand toys, he tears the toy off and just plays with the stick. All cats are weird, that's part of their charm :3
It0R1xG.png
JNAfoEf.png
ypcKWM0.png
qjxrAwx.png
TdTJOrw.png
DkUJ4j9.png
JvUa9ma.png
apUeZZ4.png
hi.........................] ......................Q6xbY8i.gif .....wvNXBdA.gif
I've never had a cat play fetch, but we have one that likes hide and seek. Or rather, "cat run, human chase". She'll see me, run away at top speed and then wait for me in a location until I find her, rinse and repeat. It always ends with her running to one of her favourite spots and demanding pets and playtime.
I've never had a cat play fetch, but we have one that likes hide and seek. Or rather, "cat run, human chase". She'll see me, run away at top speed and then wait for me in a location until I find her, rinse and repeat. It always ends with her running to one of her favourite spots and demanding pets and playtime.
hi Pancake! :3

my kitty Marcy...kinda plays fetch? in a way? so she'll bring me a toy (usually a spring or one of her little fluffy stuffies) into my room where i'm usually at, and meow for attention. i take the toy, get her attention, and throw it for her into the hallway or living room...and she just kinda stares at me. usually i'll sit back down and a little bit later she'll meander out of the bedroom, go fuss with her toy for a bit, and then bring it back in and do this all over again. so like, it's fetch on her own terms.

the day she got her spring she did do a proper fetch though!
hi Pancake! :3

my kitty Marcy...kinda plays fetch? in a way? so she'll bring me a toy (usually a spring or one of her little fluffy stuffies) into my room where i'm usually at, and meow for attention. i take the toy, get her attention, and throw it for her into the hallway or living room...and she just kinda stares at me. usually i'll sit back down and a little bit later she'll meander out of the bedroom, go fuss with her toy for a bit, and then bring it back in and do this all over again. so like, it's fetch on her own terms.

the day she got her spring she did do a proper fetch though!
-woody
-she/her
-very bisexual
-type 1 diabetic
-dragon sales
-coli grinding
0a336a4f9a312bb09aa01acd45192ada8875c8ea.png shadow.gif
Nah. My cat, Socks, prefers to sneak up on his toys and bat them around.
Nah. My cat, Socks, prefers to sneak up on his toys and bat them around.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
The big fluffy one doesn't bring toys back, but he loves chasing them!
The big fluffy one doesn't bring toys back, but he loves chasing them!
JOZEYlN.png

EF79DC3B-E077-439D-9F11-FAFDD61A04F5.png

hc22-4.png
My cat used to as a babe. Sometimes I'd wake up with toys in the bed. I can't fetch when I'm asleep dude xD.
He doesn't do it anymore sadly, he'll chase the object, get bored, and come back to mama for pets.
My cat used to as a babe. Sometimes I'd wake up with toys in the bed. I can't fetch when I'm asleep dude xD.
He doesn't do it anymore sadly, he'll chase the object, get bored, and come back to mama for pets.
1 2 3