Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thoughts on thread necroing?
1 2 3 4
I don't really care tbh. I didn't even know it was against the rules
I don't really care tbh. I didn't even know it was against the rules
they/them
As many have said, it is context sensitive. Reviving an old thread with outdated information would be a bad idea. Reviving things that are still relevant, such as humorous threads and unimplemented suggestions could be situationally beneficial.

All that being said, I would find it amusing if someone decides to necro this particular thread years down the line.
As many have said, it is context sensitive. Reviving an old thread with outdated information would be a bad idea. Reviving things that are still relevant, such as humorous threads and unimplemented suggestions could be situationally beneficial.

All that being said, I would find it amusing if someone decides to necro this particular thread years down the line.
It doesn't bother me at all, as long as, like people said, the comments are still relevant. Why make new threads for something when one already exists, after all? But also, [quote name="Delibird" date="2024-03-07 09:11:58" ] im just glad theres one less thing people act like cops over [/quote] Same, I always thought it was so weird how bent out of shape people got about necroing tbh lol, unless of course it was because they were necroing an old sales thread or something, then yeah it's not great (Edit: "spamming" wasn't really clear)
It doesn't bother me at all, as long as, like people said, the comments are still relevant. Why make new threads for something when one already exists, after all?

But also,
Delibird wrote on 2024-03-07 09:11:58:
im just glad theres one less thing people act like cops over

Same, I always thought it was so weird how bent out of shape people got about necroing tbh lol, unless of course it was because they were necroing an old sales thread or something, then yeah it's not great

(Edit: "spamming" wasn't really clear)

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
It never bothered me and I'm glad because I was just awaiting the day it stopped being prohibited. It's only sensible, I wouldn't want to rewrite the same thread 10 times because I keep coming back to it months later with an update.
It never bothered me and I'm glad because I was just awaiting the day it stopped being prohibited. It's only sensible, I wouldn't want to rewrite the same thread 10 times because I keep coming back to it months later with an update.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I've seen people call responding to a thread after three or four days necroing, which is just wild to me. I think digging up a thread after a year or so is bad practice, since you should just make a new discussion thread if you want to talk. But these posts aren't made of fish, they don't go bad that fast.
I've seen people call responding to a thread after three or four days necroing, which is just wild to me. I think digging up a thread after a year or so is bad practice, since you should just make a new discussion thread if you want to talk. But these posts aren't made of fish, they don't go bad that fast.
hey guys is this tik tok
I generally don't mind! Some topics are still interesting/valid/worth discussing, even if they were brought up way back in the 2010s [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] I think this especially true for the Suggestions forum, where it can be an extra boost to show like, "hey this was a popular thing ages ago and people STILL want it, maybe give it another look" Of course there's annoying spam/meme threads that get necro'd too, but those will drop off the first page soon enough- I so rarely click into those topics that it's hard to be that annoyed. I do find myself checking the posted dates more often now, regardless!
I generally don't mind! Some topics are still interesting/valid/worth discussing, even if they were brought up way back in the 2010s I think this especially true for the Suggestions forum, where it can be an extra boost to show like, "hey this was a popular thing ages ago and people STILL want it, maybe give it another look"

Of course there's annoying spam/meme threads that get necro'd too, but those will drop off the first page soon enough- I so rarely click into those topics that it's hard to be that annoyed.

I do find myself checking the posted dates more often now, regardless!
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
It is good when I like the addition, and bad when I dislike the addition. (/hj)
It is good when I like the addition, and bad when I dislike the addition. (/hj)
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Depends. If it’s contributive, probably fine. If it’s apart of a bug, it’s especially good- people need to know that it’s still an issue!

When it’s people not reading through the answers of a thread and necroing from there… a tad annoying.
Depends. If it’s contributive, probably fine. If it’s apart of a bug, it’s especially good- people need to know that it’s still an issue!

When it’s people not reading through the answers of a thread and necroing from there… a tad annoying.
RI8hS.gif 1cLgG.gif 6F5cu.gif 6Yuo8.gif 4vhZB.gif TkWkP.gif 2r4TL.gif SBJu2.gif
Honestly it's kinda cool seeing it with people adding new things to discussions, like adding more context and stuff in Suggestion forum suggestions and whatnot :D. And just adding more recent discoveries and thoughts, always love those.

More on the "eh, not the biggest fan" of the different meme/joke threads getting necro'd, but similar to what a couple others said, it's more of a "just move on" type of deal on those.
Honestly it's kinda cool seeing it with people adding new things to discussions, like adding more context and stuff in Suggestion forum suggestions and whatnot :D. And just adding more recent discoveries and thoughts, always love those.

More on the "eh, not the biggest fan" of the different meme/joke threads getting necro'd, but similar to what a couple others said, it's more of a "just move on" type of deal on those.
HSWqWgZ.png
Dessert Skin shop! Grand Opening

(forum buddy by H0lyFoxx!)
qu9rWwx.png
If its still relevant, sure- additions to an old post with new fun information or pictures could be fun, especially for those meme threads.

If its just a random comment... its fine, but, why? At least more people will see the thread now.
If its still relevant, sure- additions to an old post with new fun information or pictures could be fun, especially for those meme threads.

If its just a random comment... its fine, but, why? At least more people will see the thread now.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
1 2 3 4