Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] LorebuildingEvent:Animal Planet
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61026269][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/610263/61026269.png[/img][/url][nextcol][center][b]Wednesday[/b][/center] [i]We're continuing to expand clan lore today by examining how animal companions are treated... and how they differ from familiars. Some people already touched on this during their Day 3 posts, but you can expand on it further by concentrating on how your dragon treats (or spoils) their specific animal companion. Favorite snacks? Multiple soft beds? Working dog? If your dragon has a familiar, how does the familiar interact with the animal companion (if at all). What makes them "different" in how they are treated by the dragon? [/i][/columns] Kind of a loose interpretation on my part, but I feel that familiars have abilities that "ordinary" animals lack, such as being able to use magic. Or being [i]made of[/i] magic. They're also intelligent enough to understand dragon and Beast languages, can communicate with these different people, and can also become powerful and educated enough to learn skills that other members of their species might otherwise be incapable of. Tzipporah doesn't have a permanent familiar atm (though I'm thinking about keeping the Rockbreaker's Peony on her -- it's a good fit!), but I'm thinking she would probably treat them just the same way she would treat animal companions, i.e. make sure they're comfy, have enough food and water, and have time for enrichment. She'd also pamper both groups by procuring more expensive treats for them, plus I get the feeling she'd delight in building fancy terraria for them. More like mini-pet playgrounds instead of just tanks with gewgaws. I think that the familiars and animals would get along, just one big happy menagerie, but the animals would rely more on their instincts, whereas familiars would be more capable of rational thought. Like an animal wouldn't think twice about stealing a companion's food if it's left unguarded. A familiar would be able to recognize ownership, think something like "Oh, they'd feel sad if I stole this food," and leave it alone.
61026269.png
Wednesday
We're continuing to expand clan lore today by examining how animal companions are treated... and how they differ from familiars.

Some people already touched on this during their Day 3 posts, but you can expand on it further by concentrating on how your dragon treats (or spoils) their specific animal companion. Favorite snacks? Multiple soft beds? Working dog?

If your dragon has a familiar, how does the familiar interact with the animal companion (if at all). What makes them "different" in how they are treated by the dragon?

Kind of a loose interpretation on my part, but I feel that familiars have abilities that "ordinary" animals lack, such as being able to use magic. Or being made of magic. They're also intelligent enough to understand dragon and Beast languages, can communicate with these different people, and can also become powerful and educated enough to learn skills that other members of their species might otherwise be incapable of.

Tzipporah doesn't have a permanent familiar atm (though I'm thinking about keeping the Rockbreaker's Peony on her -- it's a good fit!), but I'm thinking she would probably treat them just the same way she would treat animal companions, i.e. make sure they're comfy, have enough food and water, and have time for enrichment. She'd also pamper both groups by procuring more expensive treats for them, plus I get the feeling she'd delight in building fancy terraria for them. More like mini-pet playgrounds instead of just tanks with gewgaws.

I think that the familiars and animals would get along, just one big happy menagerie, but the animals would rely more on their instincts, whereas familiars would be more capable of rational thought. Like an animal wouldn't think twice about stealing a companion's food if it's left unguarded. A familiar would be able to recognize ownership, think something like "Oh, they'd feel sad if I stole this food," and leave it alone.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61026269][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/610263/61026269.png[/img][/url][nextcol][center][b]Thursday[/b][/center] [i]Alright, time to choose a scene... for your animal companion from Day 2! We're ignoring your dragon this time around and picking out a scene that makes the most sense for your animal companion. What will it be... something cozy? Something that's "local" to your clan? A scene from your animal companions birthplace or where they met your dragon? For bonus fun, pick out a vista that matches with your animal companion too! [/i][/columns] Tzipporah's pals are desert dwellers, so they'd feel right at home with some sandy scenes! I think either of these would suit them well. Plus some nice matching vistas! [center][item=Scene: Sandswept Delta] [item=Scene: Starksand Dunes] [item=Vista: Starksand Dunes] [item=Vista: Succulents] [item=Vista: Living Stones][/center] In the future, I would love to see something with different kinds of desert flora too, especially cacti and succulents! Kinda like these little guys. [center][item=notocactus][item=prickly pear][item=succulent spears][item=corona sempervivum][item=living stones][/center]
61026269.png
Thursday
Alright, time to choose a scene... for your animal companion from Day 2! We're ignoring your dragon this time around and picking out a scene that makes the most sense for your animal companion.

What will it be... something cozy? Something that's "local" to your clan? A scene from your animal companions birthplace or where they met your dragon?

For bonus fun, pick out a vista that matches with your animal companion too!

Tzipporah's pals are desert dwellers, so they'd feel right at home with some sandy scenes! I think either of these would suit them well. Plus some nice matching vistas!
Scene: Sandswept Delta Scene: Starksand Dunes Vista: Starksand Dunes Vista: Succulents Vista: Living Stones

In the future, I would love to see something with different kinds of desert flora too, especially cacti and succulents! Kinda like these little guys.
Notocactus Prickly Pear Succulent Spears Corona Sempervivum Living Stones
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[center][b]Wednesday[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45566194][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/455662/45566194_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [b]How does your dragon treat (or spoil) their specific animal companion?[/b] Hastelloy treats all animals with a respect not typical of other dragons in the clan; she considers herself a part of the natural order, of which the animals form a part too. For her specific companion (iguana), Hastelloy protects it from the predation it might otherwise face in the wild, and her slow and methodical work allows the cold-blooded creature lots of time to bathe in the sun. [b]If your dragon has a familiar, how does the familiar interact with the animal companion (if at all). What makes them "different" in how they are treated by the dragon?[/b] Hastelloy's official familiars are the marigold of rot and bamboo phytocat (aesthetic matches for her current and former outfits respectively). For Hastelloy specifically, her familiars are not treated any differently from companions. They are all animals, and thus are all equal in Hastelloy's eyes. She protects and nurtures them to the best of her ability. However, as mentioned in Tuesday's prompt, most dragons in the clan will give their familiar a higher status than any animal companions, forming a closer and typically constructive/creative bond with their familiar which is not present with animal companions.
Wednesday

45566194_350.png

How does your dragon treat (or spoil) their specific animal companion?
Hastelloy treats all animals with a respect not typical of other dragons in the clan; she considers herself a part of the natural order, of which the animals form a part too. For her specific companion (iguana), Hastelloy protects it from the predation it might otherwise face in the wild, and her slow and methodical work allows the cold-blooded creature lots of time to bathe in the sun.

If your dragon has a familiar, how does the familiar interact with the animal companion (if at all). What makes them "different" in how they are treated by the dragon?
Hastelloy's official familiars are the marigold of rot and bamboo phytocat (aesthetic matches for her current and former outfits respectively). For Hastelloy specifically, her familiars are not treated any differently from companions. They are all animals, and thus are all equal in Hastelloy's eyes. She protects and nurtures them to the best of her ability.

However, as mentioned in Tuesday's prompt, most dragons in the clan will give their familiar a higher status than any animal companions, forming a closer and typically constructive/creative bond with their familiar which is not present with animal companions.
MUYNhfy.png
6mVFIuV.png
xYQkuHQ.png
dEo6ta2.png
[b]Thursday/Day 5[/b] [columns] [item=Desert Rain Frog Companion] [nextcol] [size=2]Alright, time to choose a scene... for your animal companion from Day 2! We're ignoring your dragon this time around and picking out a scene that makes the most sense for your animal companion. What will it be... something cozy? Something that's "local" to your clan? A scene from your animal companions birthplace or where they met your dragon? For bonus fun, pick out a vista that matches with your animal companion too![/size] [/columns] Desert Rain Frogs live amongst the sandy beaches and dunes, so I think these would be a good fit. [item=Scene: Redrock Cove][item=Scene: Shoreline Serenity][item=Scene: Sandswept Delta][item=Vista: Redrock Cove][item=Vista: Living Stones]
Thursday/Day 5

Desert Rain Frog Companion Alright, time to choose a scene... for your animal companion from Day 2! We're ignoring your dragon this time around and picking out a scene that makes the most sense for your animal companion.

What will it be... something cozy? Something that's "local" to your clan? A scene from your animal companions birthplace or where they met your dragon?

Desert Rain Frogs live amongst the sandy beaches and dunes, so I think these would be a good fit.
Scene: Redrock Cove Scene: Shoreline Serenity Scene: Sandswept Delta Vista: Redrock Cove Vista: Living Stones
92166632.png 70740481.png 8XidJCJ.png
she/her
Active at FR 00~06
Dragons Sales
Subspecies-Opal Sculptures
Art Shop-WIP

I LOVE UNDERTIDES
[quote name="JinxMoonstone" date="2024-02-25 08:19:53" ] Alright, time to choose a scene... for your animal companion from Day 2! We're ignoring your dragon this time around and picking out a scene that makes the most sense for your animal companion. What will it be... something cozy? Something that's "local" to your clan? A scene from your animal companions birthplace or where they met your dragon? For bonus fun, pick out a vista that matches with your animal companion too! [/quote] [b]Thursday[/b] [item=Scene: Enchanted Library] [item=Scene: Starksand Dunes] Let’s see…cats are pretty happy lazing about indoors most of the time, so something like the enchanted library might do. Lots of shelves to nap on and objects just begging to be pushed off them as well. Or maybe a scene like the Starksand Dunes might also fit, since (wild) cats do live in desert areas as well.
JinxMoonstone wrote on 2024-02-25 08:19:53:

Alright, time to choose a scene... for your animal companion from Day 2! We're ignoring your dragon this time around and picking out a scene that makes the most sense for your animal companion.

Thursday

Scene: Enchanted Library Scene: Starksand Dunes

Let’s see…cats are pretty happy lazing about indoors most of the time, so something like the enchanted library might do. Lots of shelves to nap on and objects just begging to be pushed off them as well.

Or maybe a scene like the Starksand Dunes might also fit, since (wild) cats do live in desert areas as well.

68626024.png
[b]Sunday[/b] Dragon Name & Link or Widget: Invictus (he/they)[br] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71593998][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/715940/71593998_350.png[/img][/url] Current Flight: Nature Clan Name (if applicable): N/A Dragon's Clan Role (if applicable): Researcher Invictus has a naturally quite cold-blooded lizard friend who often hides in his scarf.
Sunday

Dragon Name & Link or Widget: Invictus (he/they)

71593998_350.png
Current Flight: Nature
Clan Name (if applicable): N/A
Dragon's Clan Role (if applicable): Researcher

Invictus has a naturally quite cold-blooded lizard friend who often hides in his scarf.
Looking for a White/Silver/Brick G1 with Ice eyes!!!!!
also looking for a Platinum/Dust/Caribbean G1 with Plague eyes
In chronic need of food. Always.
Doing some art for food >w>
[center][size=6][font=georgia][b]-Thursday-[/b][/size][/center] [columns][center][size=5][font=georgia][b]· HENRY ·[/b][/size] He/Him[/font] [emoji=nature rune size=1][/center][rule][font=georgia] [b]Scene?[/b] [item=Scene: Woodland Path] [font=georgia]It's only fitting considering he's a snake and needs himself some trees. [b]Vista?[/b] [item=vista: sandswept delta] [font=georgia]He's a sneak. Pretty self explanatory. [/font][rule] [nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93114060][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=93114060&skin=0&apparel=22168,22046&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [/columns]
-Thursday-
· HENRY ·
He/Him

Scene?
Scene: Woodland Path
It's only fitting considering he's a snake and needs himself some trees.

Vista?
Vista: Sandswept Delta
He's a sneak. Pretty self explanatory.

dragon?did=93114060&skin=0&apparel=22168,22046&xt=dressing.png

o2nagQx.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
EEEEE
Formally DrShadowCipher
- When using for art games please use scries of my dragons!
- Badge Addict
EEEEE T8jnlRr.jpg
Alright, time to choose a scene... for your animal companion from Day 2! We're ignoring your dragon this time around and picking out a scene that makes the most sense for your animal companion. What will it be... something cozy? Something that's "local" to your clan? A scene from your animal companions birthplace or where they met your dragon? For bonus fun, pick out a vista that matches with your animal companion too! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/27823347][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/278234/27823347_350.png[/img][/url] I definitely think the Mire would match, especially for Eudora the frog! The other two lizards tend to like more direct sunlight, so maybe thunder lizards would be good for them. These are the places that they would live. [item = scene: mire] [item = scene: thunder lizards] As for a matching vista, I think living stones is a cute one. I can just imagine the three of them chilling with those cute colorful plants! [item = vista: living stones]

27823347_350.png

I definitely think the Mire would match, especially for Eudora the frog! The other two lizards tend to like more direct sunlight, so maybe thunder lizards would be good for them. These are the places that they would live. Scene: Mire Scene: Thunder Lizards
As for a matching vista, I think living stones is a cute one. I can just imagine the three of them chilling with those cute colorful plants! Vista: Living Stones
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
[b]Thursday/Day 5[/b] [b]Alright, time to choose a scene... for your animal companion from Day 2! We're ignoring your dragon this time around and picking out a scene that makes the most sense for your animal companion.[/b] [center][item=Scene: Lilypad Pool] The [gamedb item=50693] is so pretty and one of my favourites. Since Egg’s current companions are a frog, gecko, and iguana, and his familiar is a Bubble Brook Gecko that’s described as a lovely little lilypad, I think this fits them the most. I also like the Woodland Path scene, and Thunder Lizards. [item=Scene: Woodland Path] [item=Scene: Thunder Lizards] [/center] [b]For bonus fun, pick out a vista that matches with your animal companion too![/b] [center]Gotta go with [gamedb item=50698] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/fvista/183.png[/img][/center]
Thursday/Day 5

Scene: Lilypad Pool
The Scene: Lilypad Pool is so pretty and one of my favourites.
Since Egg’s current companions are a frog, gecko, and iguana, and his familiar is a Bubble Brook Gecko that’s described as a lovely little lilypad, I think this fits them the most.

I also like the Woodland Path scene, and Thunder Lizards.
Scene: Woodland Path Scene: Thunder Lizards

Gotta go with Vista: Lilypad Pool
183.png
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
[b]Time to choose a scene... for your animal companion from Day 2! For bonus fun, pick out a vista that matches with your animal companion too! [/b] my Day 2 companion: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67821920][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/678220/67821920_350.png[/img][/url] I choose [item=Scene: Spring] and [item=Scene: Blooming Grove], after all, cats and dogs should run in spring!
Time to choose a scene... for your animal companion from Day 2! For bonus fun, pick out a vista that matches with your animal companion too!

my Day 2 companion:
67821920_350.png

I choose Scene: Spring and Scene: Blooming Grove , after all, cats and dogs should run in spring!
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23