Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Trickmurk] CCC - Group A
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Wow I can't believe we finished in first place after being in first place second last round... that's a first for me to see that happen in this race engine!

Sorry I haven't had time to roleplay, or even read other teams roleplays.
Normally our team enjoys that part of it but we're Team Busy atm

I always enjoy these race events, thanks for hosting @Lunalarose and to everyone else for having such a fun time with it (I did scroll past all the roleplaying to get an idea just how much fun everyone was having without having time to read it word by word)

Looking forward to replenishing my noc stock, I gave a few away after NotN.
Congrats to the other teams in both heats and lets race again next fest!
Wow I can't believe we finished in first place after being in first place second last round... that's a first for me to see that happen in this race engine!

Sorry I haven't had time to roleplay, or even read other teams roleplays.
Normally our team enjoys that part of it but we're Team Busy atm

I always enjoy these race events, thanks for hosting @Lunalarose and to everyone else for having such a fun time with it (I did scroll past all the roleplaying to get an idea just how much fun everyone was having without having time to read it word by word)

Looking forward to replenishing my noc stock, I gave a few away after NotN.
Congrats to the other teams in both heats and lets race again next fest!
qDkA25S.png
[center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=89428277][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/894283/89428277.png[/img][/url] V1 — TEAM C ____________________[/center] [i]ping[/i] V1 flips a coin— its own coin, freshly printed, not one of the two the racerunners gave it— into the air. [i]ping[/i] It punches the coin back up, fist glancing against the flat side such that the coin goes spinning in the opposite direction. [i]ping[/i] And again. It turns its focus to actually thinking, letting the stream of coin-punching calculations override its urge to go bouncing off the trees. Not that it doesn’t [i]like[/i] bouncing off the trees. Or walls. Trees in this case. But there’s an ending speech to listen to, and it already turned down its audio processing volume at the beginning of this all, so it’s definitely not going to be able to hear the announcers over the noise of its own pistons. [i]ping[/i] The race itself was awesome! And super fun. Nothing like that one desert stretch where it’d gone tripping down into the scalding-hot sand more times than it cares to remember. [i]ping[/i] It’d been [i]worried[/i] its teammates were going to be incompetent, leaving it to hard carry them all, but that hadn't been the case. Which was a surprise. But a [i]good[/i] surprise, for once. V1 thinks it likes these guys. Fun guys. People it’d like to see again, eventually. [i]ping[/i] (And that one wasn’t with a punch, but rather a well-timed shot of its grappling hook. Same principle nonetheless.) If it were being [i]honest[/i] with itself, it knows it won't see anyone here again. That's just how it goes. It's lucky (for a given definition of lucky) that V2 had found it twice, and far luckier that that one angel guy decided to accost it a second time too. V1 doesn't care to be honest with itself, though, and continues to think of ways in which they all could crash into each other again. [i]ping[/i] It sucks that its team hadn’t won, though. But V1 is sure it can find its way back and play a race over again. Practice makes perfect, after all. [i]ping[/i] …At least it’d be far more fun to retry than that stupid desert. [i]ping[/i] It hates that desert. A [i]lot.[/i] [i]plink[/i] The coin tinks onto the wagon roof as the racerunners close out their final announcement. V1 perks up, already considering its next move. A closing ceremony, they said! There's more to this all! Of course, there's such a thing as dragging on for far too long, but the closing ceremony doesn't sound nearly as strenuous as the race itself was. It'll probably be fun. It'll almost definitely be fun, because V1 doesn't remember experiencing too much that wasn't actually fun. …Production facility notwithstanding, because of course [i]that[/i] doesn't count. Below and behind, Elytra exits the wagon, causing it to pitch forward just that slight bit; V1 swivels its head around just in time to see them wave to the team, already wandering away as they do. It waves back, though they seem too preoccupied with muttering to themself to notice. Gordon, at the front, tosses the harness to the ground and begins to walk off as well. V1 waves to him, as well, and he actually acknowledges the gesture with a twitch of his fins. When he makes it to the edge of the main clearing, he pauses, front paw frozen in the air. A little jerkily, he turns his head back towards the wagon. "Hey, let's all do this again sometime, okay!" he shouts– and then he's off, sprinting away with renewed, frantic vigour. He doesn't turn back to catch its thumbs up. And that's two out of three (or four, maybe, but Morgana and Ren really seem like a package deal at this point). V1 peers down at where Ren still lays, on the floor, seemingly attempting to sink into the fallen leaves. Then he gets (gently) whacked by Morgana, who says something V1 can't quite make out, and suddenly he brightens up at once. A devilish grin makes its way onto his face, and there! He whips out his own grappling hook and zips right to the tent in a trail of bright blue fire. Not to be one-upped, V1 follows his lead nary a moment later. It skids into the tent just as all eyes turn to Ren. "It's showtime!" Oh, [i]is[/i] it? Well. V1's not going to complain about that. ----- HEYO THIS WAS A BLAST i was going to draw something for this post but i am very tired. sorry about that. i loved reading everyone else's RPs and [i]especially[/i] the necromancer shenanigans. that was great thankyou to lunalarose and tetrakataki for hosting! have a good one; lookin forward to racing with y'all again also i hate ultrakill level 4-S it's the worst. sorry not sorry for indirectly (very directly) complaining about it here :P
89428277.png
V1 — TEAM C

V1 flips a coin— its own coin, freshly printed, not one of the two the racerunners gave it— into the air.

ping

It punches the coin back up, fist glancing against the flat side such that the coin goes spinning in the opposite direction.

ping

And again. It turns its focus to actually thinking, letting the stream of coin-punching calculations override its urge to go bouncing off the trees.

Not that it doesn’t like bouncing off the trees. Or walls. Trees in this case. But there’s an ending speech to listen to, and it already turned down its audio processing volume at the beginning of this all, so it’s definitely not going to be able to hear the announcers over the noise of its own pistons.

ping

The race itself was awesome! And super fun. Nothing like that one desert stretch where it’d gone tripping down into the scalding-hot sand more times than it cares to remember.

ping

It’d been worried its teammates were going to be incompetent, leaving it to hard carry them all, but that hadn't been the case.

Which was a surprise. But a good surprise, for once.

V1 thinks it likes these guys. Fun guys. People it’d like to see again, eventually.

ping

(And that one wasn’t with a punch, but rather a well-timed shot of its grappling hook. Same principle nonetheless.)

If it were being honest with itself, it knows it won't see anyone here again. That's just how it goes. It's lucky (for a given definition of lucky) that V2 had found it twice, and far luckier that that one angel guy decided to accost it a second time too.

V1 doesn't care to be honest with itself, though, and continues to think of ways in which they all could crash into each other again.

ping

It sucks that its team hadn’t won, though. But V1 is sure it can find its way back and play a race over again. Practice makes perfect, after all.

ping

…At least it’d be far more fun to retry than that stupid desert.

ping

It hates that desert.

A lot.

plink

The coin tinks onto the wagon roof as the racerunners close out their final announcement. V1 perks up, already considering its next move.

A closing ceremony, they said! There's more to this all!

Of course, there's such a thing as dragging on for far too long, but the closing ceremony doesn't sound nearly as strenuous as the race itself was. It'll probably be fun. It'll almost definitely be fun, because V1 doesn't remember experiencing too much that wasn't actually fun.

…Production facility notwithstanding, because of course that doesn't count.

Below and behind, Elytra exits the wagon, causing it to pitch forward just that slight bit; V1 swivels its head around just in time to see them wave to the team, already wandering away as they do. It waves back, though they seem too preoccupied with muttering to themself to notice.

Gordon, at the front, tosses the harness to the ground and begins to walk off as well. V1 waves to him, as well, and he actually acknowledges the gesture with a twitch of his fins.

When he makes it to the edge of the main clearing, he pauses, front paw frozen in the air. A little jerkily, he turns his head back towards the wagon.

"Hey, let's all do this again sometime, okay!" he shouts– and then he's off, sprinting away with renewed, frantic vigour.

He doesn't turn back to catch its thumbs up.

And that's two out of three (or four, maybe, but Morgana and Ren really seem like a package deal at this point). V1 peers down at where Ren still lays, on the floor, seemingly attempting to sink into the fallen leaves.

Then he gets (gently) whacked by Morgana, who says something V1 can't quite make out, and suddenly he brightens up at once. A devilish grin makes its way onto his face, and there! He whips out his own grappling hook and zips right to the tent in a trail of bright blue fire.

Not to be one-upped, V1 follows his lead nary a moment later. It skids into the tent just as all eyes turn to Ren.

"It's showtime!"

Oh, is it?

Well.

V1's not going to complain about that.
HEYO THIS WAS A BLAST i was going to draw something for this post but i am very tired. sorry about that. i loved reading everyone else's RPs and especially the necromancer shenanigans. that was great

thankyou to lunalarose and tetrakataki for hosting! have a good one; lookin forward to racing with y'all again

also i hate ultrakill level 4-S it's the worst. sorry not sorry for indirectly (very directly) complaining about it here :P
8aKVtucC_o.png
Gordon unlatched the harness and tossed it off himself. It huffed and its fins twitched. What an unfortunate end to a great race...

Still, he wasn't actually as upset as he thought he would be. They lost, and lost hard, sure, but...

But he had fun. Genuinely and sincerely, and he really found himself enjoying the company of his teammates. Enough to speak, which was rare even around people he had known far longer. Part of it was surely being starstruck by the crazy robot and flashy spiral, that much he would admit. However, there was a part of him that felt like the team really just clicked.

Their combined weirdness had ended up making him feel not so out of place. They also came together to push through plenty of insane obstacles, and the rocket jump was still one of the coolest things he had ever been a part of. They really had been a great team.

He watched as the abberation, Elytra, waddled off. After seeing Barmey's face in the crowd, he chose to follow suit. The short and chubby tundra with shaggy hair noticed his friend and grinned.

"Hey, Gordon!" Barmey called as he bounded over, far too happy, as per usual. Gordon hurried to get further away from the team before Barmey could reach him. They met in the middle, far enough away for Gordon to feel comfortable chatting with him now.

"So, second to last, huh? Y'know, I didn't think you guys would finish first, but you did waaaaay worse than I was expecting." The tundra poked Gordon playfully as they continued walking out.

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up or I'll make you wish you didn't have a mouth to begin with." Gordon mumbled the half-hearted threat, not having the energy to banter with Barmey like he usually would.

"'Kay, okay, geez. Guess that means we're not sticking around for the closing ceremony?"

"Absolutely not. I wanna get home ASAP so I can friggin' rest. That was awful." Gordon over-exaggerated.

"Alright, Mister Sourpuss. Let's get you home, then." Barmey giggled.

As the two continued walking, Gordon looked back at the team. Ren and V1 were still there, and the robot actually waved to him as he turned back. He twitched his fins in acknowledgement, and then felt a pang of emotion roll through him. He couldn't tell what exactly it was, but he knew he wasn't as happy as he should've been.

When Gordon and Barmey got to the edge of the crowd, Gordon stopped in his tracks. Barmey stared at him in confusion, about to speak when Gordon shot him a look. The mirror was shaking, now, and teary-eyed. Barmey was taken aback, and opted to stay silent.

Gordon turned back to the team again, trying to keep his gaze steady.

"Hey!" He shouted. He tried to continue, but his voice failed him. He shook his head and screwed his eyes shut. He took a deep breath, and then opened them again. He had to get this out.

Gordon began again.

"Hey, let's all do this again s-sometime, okay?!" He yelled. Without checking to make sure the entire group had heard, he turned tail and ran, hard.

"Ah- Gordon, wait!" Barmey shouted, breaking into a sprint of his own. Now it was Barmey's turn to look back at his friend's team, and he gave a saccharine smile as he did. He saw that the robot and spiral had, in fact, heard Gordon, the robot even giving a thumbs-up.

So Gordie did make some new pals, huh. Barmey chuckled to himself and ran harder, catching up to Gordon without too much trouble. Too bad the big jerk will never admit it!

When the two had made it home, Gordon crashed on the couch. Barmey took to wrapping its paws, and as they sat, Gordon let its thoughts turn back to the team. Maybe he would let Barmey drag him out to more events... He'd definitely have a higher chance of seeing everyone again.

AAAAA guys!!!! This race was so much fun, thank you lunalarose and tetrakataki for hosting! I feel like my team had some epic highs and even more epic lows, and I loved getting to write more Freemind, even if I had to uh... pg13-ify him for the sake of the site. this was wonderful, everyone's writing was wonderful to read. heres to hopefully seeing everyone again in another race in the near future!!!
Gordon unlatched the harness and tossed it off himself. It huffed and its fins twitched. What an unfortunate end to a great race...

Still, he wasn't actually as upset as he thought he would be. They lost, and lost hard, sure, but...

But he had fun. Genuinely and sincerely, and he really found himself enjoying the company of his teammates. Enough to speak, which was rare even around people he had known far longer. Part of it was surely being starstruck by the crazy robot and flashy spiral, that much he would admit. However, there was a part of him that felt like the team really just clicked.

Their combined weirdness had ended up making him feel not so out of place. They also came together to push through plenty of insane obstacles, and the rocket jump was still one of the coolest things he had ever been a part of. They really had been a great team.

He watched as the abberation, Elytra, waddled off. After seeing Barmey's face in the crowd, he chose to follow suit. The short and chubby tundra with shaggy hair noticed his friend and grinned.

"Hey, Gordon!" Barmey called as he bounded over, far too happy, as per usual. Gordon hurried to get further away from the team before Barmey could reach him. They met in the middle, far enough away for Gordon to feel comfortable chatting with him now.

"So, second to last, huh? Y'know, I didn't think you guys would finish first, but you did waaaaay worse than I was expecting." The tundra poked Gordon playfully as they continued walking out.

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up or I'll make you wish you didn't have a mouth to begin with." Gordon mumbled the half-hearted threat, not having the energy to banter with Barmey like he usually would.

"'Kay, okay, geez. Guess that means we're not sticking around for the closing ceremony?"

"Absolutely not. I wanna get home ASAP so I can friggin' rest. That was awful." Gordon over-exaggerated.

"Alright, Mister Sourpuss. Let's get you home, then." Barmey giggled.

As the two continued walking, Gordon looked back at the team. Ren and V1 were still there, and the robot actually waved to him as he turned back. He twitched his fins in acknowledgement, and then felt a pang of emotion roll through him. He couldn't tell what exactly it was, but he knew he wasn't as happy as he should've been.

When Gordon and Barmey got to the edge of the crowd, Gordon stopped in his tracks. Barmey stared at him in confusion, about to speak when Gordon shot him a look. The mirror was shaking, now, and teary-eyed. Barmey was taken aback, and opted to stay silent.

Gordon turned back to the team again, trying to keep his gaze steady.

"Hey!" He shouted. He tried to continue, but his voice failed him. He shook his head and screwed his eyes shut. He took a deep breath, and then opened them again. He had to get this out.

Gordon began again.

"Hey, let's all do this again s-sometime, okay?!" He yelled. Without checking to make sure the entire group had heard, he turned tail and ran, hard.

"Ah- Gordon, wait!" Barmey shouted, breaking into a sprint of his own. Now it was Barmey's turn to look back at his friend's team, and he gave a saccharine smile as he did. He saw that the robot and spiral had, in fact, heard Gordon, the robot even giving a thumbs-up.

So Gordie did make some new pals, huh. Barmey chuckled to himself and ran harder, catching up to Gordon without too much trouble. Too bad the big jerk will never admit it!

When the two had made it home, Gordon crashed on the couch. Barmey took to wrapping its paws, and as they sat, Gordon let its thoughts turn back to the team. Maybe he would let Barmey drag him out to more events... He'd definitely have a higher chance of seeing everyone again.

AAAAA guys!!!! This race was so much fun, thank you lunalarose and tetrakataki for hosting! I feel like my team had some epic highs and even more epic lows, and I loved getting to write more Freemind, even if I had to uh... pg13-ify him for the sake of the site. this was wonderful, everyone's writing was wonderful to read. heres to hopefully seeing everyone again in another race in the near future!!!
FBQ2O1C.pngartshop_sig_for_FR.png 7996FBCC-4759-4020-84D0-67A2276112E9.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89759931][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/897600/89759931.png[/img][/url] [font=Century][size=6][color=Firebrick]Lucifer [b]- [emoji=light rune] -[/b] FINAL[/color][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ijy9OJS.png[/img][/center] [font=Gabriola][size=3][color=Sienna]Better late than never.[/color][/size] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=Sienna][b]T[/b]ry as they might, the team found themselves losing their second placement. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92946897]Dove[/url] took charge as usual, ignoring [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89789742]Myers’[/url] almost-snide remark about tripping over the finish line.[/color][/size] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=Sienna][b]L[/b]ucifer had grabbed hold of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89538043]Serpentes[/url] and pulled them aside to avoid any more accidental trampling, holding them between his two front legs under his torso. “We need to cross that line.” He spoke almost urgently. “We can’t afford to be any less than third.” His head snapped around to look at Dove, who responded with a loud: [b]”FOR MOTHER!!!”[/b] Myers joined the chant soon after.[/color][/size] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=Sienna][b]H[/b]e seemed eager to join the chanting but ducked his head in silent reservation and kept his collected composure. Adjusting his grip on the poor bogsneak, he instead peered at the rapidly approaching teams. His eyes landed on the ground as the cart wheels spun and whirled with the wind. He could help. He could use his strength to fly the cart forwards, right? He could. He could.[/color][/size] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=Sienna][b]B[/b]ut he didn’t.[/color][/size] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=Sienna][b]W[/b]ith his hesitation, the cart had already rolled to the finish and skidded into a halt with darkened soil flying up in a cloud. As it cleared, the circus towered over them with a display of placements. [i]Third[/i]. If only he had– Nevermind that.[/color][/size] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=Sienna][b]L[/b]ucifer released Serpentes and followed as his team stepped off the cart and onto the grounds. He watched as Dove jumped and danced around Myers in pure excitement. He stood idly - he was unsure if this was really cause for celebration.[/color][/size] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=Sienna][b]M[/b]aybe Mother hadn’t called him here for the race. [b]M[/b]aybe She called him here to meet Her followers. [b]M[/b]aybe that’s why he felt so attached to these three odd dragons. [b]M[/b]aybe…[/color][/size] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=Sienna][b]H[/b]e smiled softly and stepped towards the three. “Don’t forget.” Lucifer gave a small nod, “There’s still that performance for us to see. Perhaps we could do some good and encourage some of the ones here to join our cause, hm?” Nudging them gently, they all entered the circus tent.[/color][/size] [font=Gabriola][size=5][color=Sienna]”[b]A[/b]nd well done.”[/color][/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ijy9OJS.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017#post_2412017][img]https://i.ibb.co/Qbp6tkD/Flag-Hand-Small.png[/img][/center] ------------------------- AAAAAAA belated replay BUT that has been [i]so[/i] fun!!!! I've really enjoyed exercising my writing after months of not doing so and I've really loved reading everyone's replies even if I did not acknowledge them in my responses (sorry lol). Will absolutely be participating in future events to see our dragons interact~ Thank you @LunalaRose for hosting!!
89759931.png
Lucifer - - FINAL
Ijy9OJS.png

Better late than never.

Try as they might, the team found themselves losing their second placement. Dove took charge as usual, ignoring Myers’ almost-snide remark about tripping over the finish line.

Lucifer had grabbed hold of Serpentes and pulled them aside to avoid any more accidental trampling, holding them between his two front legs under his torso. “We need to cross that line.” He spoke almost urgently. “We can’t afford to be any less than third.” His head snapped around to look at Dove, who responded with a loud:
”FOR MOTHER!!!”
Myers joined the chant soon after.

He seemed eager to join the chanting but ducked his head in silent reservation and kept his collected composure. Adjusting his grip on the poor bogsneak, he instead peered at the rapidly approaching teams. His eyes landed on the ground as the cart wheels spun and whirled with the wind. He could help. He could use his strength to fly the cart forwards, right? He could. He could.

But he didn’t.

With his hesitation, the cart had already rolled to the finish and skidded into a halt with darkened soil flying up in a cloud. As it cleared, the circus towered over them with a display of placements. Third. If only he had– Nevermind that.

Lucifer released Serpentes and followed as his team stepped off the cart and onto the grounds. He watched as Dove jumped and danced around Myers in pure excitement. He stood idly - he was unsure if this was really cause for celebration.

Maybe Mother hadn’t called him here for the race.
Maybe She called him here to meet Her followers.
Maybe that’s why he felt so attached to these three odd dragons.
Maybe…

He smiled softly and stepped towards the three. “Don’t forget.” Lucifer gave a small nod, “There’s still that performance for us to see. Perhaps we could do some good and encourage some of the ones here to join our cause, hm?” Nudging them gently, they all entered the circus tent.

And well done.”

Ijy9OJS.png
Flag-Hand-Small.png

AAAAAAA belated replay BUT that has been so fun!!!! I've really enjoyed exercising my writing after months of not doing so and I've really loved reading everyone's replies even if I did not acknowledge them in my responses (sorry lol). Will absolutely be participating in future events to see our dragons interact~
Thank you @LunalaRose for hosting!!
********Wing-_L.png vXgEfMT.png Wing-_R.png
@gn0me sorry, i got crazy busy irl and wasn't able to participate as much as I hoped. But thanks for doing the calculations, i was suprised to see that we won!
@gn0me sorry, i got crazy busy irl and wasn't able to participate as much as I hoped. But thanks for doing the calculations, i was suprised to see that we won!
I collect likes on dragons in this tab :]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9