Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite Pokemon Generation?
1 2 3 4
I agree that gen 6 is one of the weakest pokemon gens, but i have such a soft spot for it. I remember being swept up in the hype of the friend safari and dressing up your trainer for the first time. RIP online :(
I agree that gen 6 is one of the weakest pokemon gens, but i have such a soft spot for it. I remember being swept up in the hype of the friend safari and dressing up your trainer for the first time. RIP online :(
2bf6nnX.pngmtHAEL4.pngaPfqvmf.pngmjtJ868.pngEIzJIWx.pngVHmdVcB.png8OcABDV.png R4RVavr.pngumLF6oK.gifqVw4IEL.pngGR4p3Uw.pngfqG5KmE.pngzfNtpTV.png

2802457.png2804985.png2806493.png2807548.png2807554.png
2807685.png2808480.png2808481.png2808485.png2808499.png
2808574.png2808764.png2808836.png2809949.png2812430.png
I know a lot of people rag on gen 6 but I personally love it and it's still one of my favorites especially after a recent replay of it. I think it just didn't get enough time to shine like gen 5 with black and white 2 and because of the release of ORAS (which are still super good games) right afterwards.

I'm very excited to see what the return to the kalos region will be like!!! Gen 6 was also my first pokemon game and I bought Y! Shout out to mega altaria for carrying my team.

My favorite pokemon by gen are:
1. Lapras
2. houndoom
3. Metagross
4. Empoleon
5. Chandalure or Samurott
6. Noivern
7. Toucannon or Mudsdale
8. Corviknight
9. Houndstone
I know a lot of people rag on gen 6 but I personally love it and it's still one of my favorites especially after a recent replay of it. I think it just didn't get enough time to shine like gen 5 with black and white 2 and because of the release of ORAS (which are still super good games) right afterwards.

I'm very excited to see what the return to the kalos region will be like!!! Gen 6 was also my first pokemon game and I bought Y! Shout out to mega altaria for carrying my team.

My favorite pokemon by gen are:
1. Lapras
2. houndoom
3. Metagross
4. Empoleon
5. Chandalure or Samurott
6. Noivern
7. Toucannon or Mudsdale
8. Corviknight
9. Houndstone
ComicFury
Webtoon
Insta
WeH76wq.png
Generation 4 is definitely my favorite with gen 3 a close second.

Fav gen 4 pokemon is probably Bastidon.

I find it so hard to get into the newer ones. That might just be my lack of time and attention span lol.
Generation 4 is definitely my favorite with gen 3 a close second.

Fav gen 4 pokemon is probably Bastidon.

I find it so hard to get into the newer ones. That might just be my lack of time and attention span lol.

water_panbling_by_cicide76536-dcipzjb.gif

iIFPbDo.gif

iIFPbDo.gif

water_nonbinbling_by_cicide76536-dcipzjh.gif

BlqGJKN.png
idk maybe 9
my nostalgia gen is 2
10 faves per gen
bold underline S tier bold A+ tier underline A tier, nothing B tier within same gen

gen 1: articuno, ninetales, arbok, charizard, lapras, nidoking, aerodactyl, gyarados, venusaur, blastoise

gen 2: suicune, lugia, houndoom, feraligatr, typhlosion, tyranitar, ho-oh, kingdra, umbreon, espeon

gen 3: rayquaza, salamence, seviper, sceptile, aggron, armaldo, groudon, absol, kyogre, flygon

gen 4: giratina, arceus, garchomp, rampardos, staraptor, torterra, infernape, darkrai, cresselia, shaymin

gen 5: zekrom, b kyurem, reshiram, hydreigon, haxorus, galvantula, serperior, samurott, braviary, scolipede

gen 6: yveltal, tyrantrum, goodra, zygarde, dragalge, aurorus, noivern, xerneas, talonflame, clawitzer? idk this was really hard to fill up after the heavy hitters there isnt muchh left

gen 7: lunala, guzzlord, bruxish, buzzwole, nihilego, golisopod, kartana, silvally, turtonator, naganadel

gen 8: eternatus, appletun, dragapult, h typhlosion, h goodra, dracovish, zacian, g moltres, g zapdos, g articuno

gen 9: koraidon, miraidon, clodsire, raging bolt, chien pao, walking wake, slither wing, gouging fire, hydrapple, roaring moon?

bonus hisui: typhlosion, zorua (only unevolved bc have shiny plush), samurott, palkia, braviary, basculegion, goodra

overall ranking:
worst is ones that lack a lot of heavy hitters and are hard to fill with 10
hard to fill up: 1, 4, 6, 8
easier to fill up: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9

gen 9 seems to have the most heavy hitters and was hard to fill in that too many good choices
idk maybe 9
my nostalgia gen is 2
10 faves per gen
bold underline S tier bold A+ tier underline A tier, nothing B tier within same gen

gen 1: articuno, ninetales, arbok, charizard, lapras, nidoking, aerodactyl, gyarados, venusaur, blastoise

gen 2: suicune, lugia, houndoom, feraligatr, typhlosion, tyranitar, ho-oh, kingdra, umbreon, espeon

gen 3: rayquaza, salamence, seviper, sceptile, aggron, armaldo, groudon, absol, kyogre, flygon

gen 4: giratina, arceus, garchomp, rampardos, staraptor, torterra, infernape, darkrai, cresselia, shaymin

gen 5: zekrom, b kyurem, reshiram, hydreigon, haxorus, galvantula, serperior, samurott, braviary, scolipede

gen 6: yveltal, tyrantrum, goodra, zygarde, dragalge, aurorus, noivern, xerneas, talonflame, clawitzer? idk this was really hard to fill up after the heavy hitters there isnt muchh left

gen 7: lunala, guzzlord, bruxish, buzzwole, nihilego, golisopod, kartana, silvally, turtonator, naganadel

gen 8: eternatus, appletun, dragapult, h typhlosion, h goodra, dracovish, zacian, g moltres, g zapdos, g articuno

gen 9: koraidon, miraidon, clodsire, raging bolt, chien pao, walking wake, slither wing, gouging fire, hydrapple, roaring moon?

bonus hisui: typhlosion, zorua (only unevolved bc have shiny plush), samurott, palkia, braviary, basculegion, goodra

overall ranking:
worst is ones that lack a lot of heavy hitters and are hard to fill with 10
hard to fill up: 1, 4, 6, 8
easier to fill up: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9

gen 9 seems to have the most heavy hitters and was hard to fill in that too many good choices
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Gen 6! I love Mawile, and think it needs more love. Kalos and Alola have some of my favorite Pokémon ever, so it's a close tie.

Here we go:
Gen1: Jolteon
Gen2: Smeargle
Gen3: Mawile!
Gen4: Luxray or Lucario
Gen5:Golurk or Cryogonal
Gen6: Too many to name... T-T
Gen7: Golisopod or Silvally
Gen8: Sinistea
Gen9: Garganacl
Gen 6! I love Mawile, and think it needs more love. Kalos and Alola have some of my favorite Pokémon ever, so it's a close tie.

Here we go:
Gen1: Jolteon
Gen2: Smeargle
Gen3: Mawile!
Gen4: Luxray or Lucario
Gen5:Golurk or Cryogonal
Gen6: Too many to name... T-T
Gen7: Golisopod or Silvally
Gen8: Sinistea
Gen9: Garganacl
GEN 3 BABYYY and also i would die for poochyena

Gen1: porygon
Gen2: STANTLER!!!!
Gen3: poochyena ofc
Gen4: gastrodon
Gen5: tie between eelektross and reuniclus
Gen6: xerneas
Gen7: salazzle
Gen8: appletun
Gen9: SANDY SHOCKS MY FAVE OF ALL TIME OFC OFC!!1
GEN 3 BABYYY and also i would die for poochyena

Gen1: porygon
Gen2: STANTLER!!!!
Gen3: poochyena ofc
Gen4: gastrodon
Gen5: tie between eelektross and reuniclus
Gen6: xerneas
Gen7: salazzle
Gen8: appletun
Gen9: SANDY SHOCKS MY FAVE OF ALL TIME OFC OFC!!1
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
Gen 8 >:) *runs away*
I love the characters omg they're all so fun
Gen 8 >:) *runs away*
I love the characters omg they're all so fun
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
O and fave from each gen (skipping a gen if I don't know enough about it off the top of my head)
Gen 1: Dragonite
Gen 3: Zangoose(?)
Gen 4: Lugia(?)
Gen 5: oshawott line, krokorok, or archtops
Gen 6: agieslash
Gen 7: xuritree
Gen 8: obstagoon
Gen 9: orthworm
O and fave from each gen (skipping a gen if I don't know enough about it off the top of my head)
Gen 1: Dragonite
Gen 3: Zangoose(?)
Gen 4: Lugia(?)
Gen 5: oshawott line, krokorok, or archtops
Gen 6: agieslash
Gen 7: xuritree
Gen 8: obstagoon
Gen 9: orthworm
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
My favourite gen is a very close tie between gen 2 and gen 5. black and white 2 are peak pokemon.

I’ll list 2 favourites from each gen

gen 1: Arbok and Golduck
gen 2: Feraligator and Chikorita
gen 3: Armaldo and Breloom
gen 4: Rampardos and Gastrodon, west sea form
gen 5: Hydreigon and Minccino
gen 6: Talonflame and Noivern
gen 7: Lurantis and Sandyghast
gen 8: Corviknight and Grimmsnarl
gen 9: Fuecoco and Fluttermane
My favourite gen is a very close tie between gen 2 and gen 5. black and white 2 are peak pokemon.

I’ll list 2 favourites from each gen

gen 1: Arbok and Golduck
gen 2: Feraligator and Chikorita
gen 3: Armaldo and Breloom
gen 4: Rampardos and Gastrodon, west sea form
gen 5: Hydreigon and Minccino
gen 6: Talonflame and Noivern
gen 7: Lurantis and Sandyghast
gen 8: Corviknight and Grimmsnarl
gen 9: Fuecoco and Fluttermane
gaaming-vapour2.gif IMG-4705.gif
I think 2, 5 and 6 are probably my favorite gens overall. For some reason I really REALLY REALLY loved X/Y. They were bare-bones story wise, sure, but the features they had were just so good. Friend Safari was FANTASTIC, I loved the Battle Chateau, the customization was fun, Super Training was a fun optional way to EV train if you wanted something different, Horde Battles were great. Plus it was super easy to hatch eggs cause you could go to Lumiose and just put a piece of paper in-between your circle pad to force it to make you go left/right to go around in a circle, HAH

Also the way Gen 6 utilized the bottom screen was INCREDIBLY GOOD

Gen 5 gets a favorite spot because of specific memories I have with it but to be honest it might actually not be my FAVORITE favorite gen. It's hard to decide to be honest.

I don't know if I have the brain power to list my favorite Pokemon right now because there are just so many, but my all time favorite is probably Jolteon. It also doesn't help that I barely played SWSH and I don't care to play S/V at all.

I didn't mention gen 3 or 4 in my favorites, but FR/LG and HG/SS are probably one of my favorite Pokemon games of all time; I just decided to only include the main games in each gen and I'm not ultra fond of R/S/E (though it's grown on me a lot lately as I've been playing Emerald a lot for some Ribbon Challenge stuff, and I loved ORAS as well) and I don't like D/P/P much at all.

I mean Gen 4 also had fantastic spinoffs. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky are probably some of the best Pokemon games ever made lol

Gen 1 is good too of course, most of my favorite Pokemon are from Gen 1. It's just that FR/LG are so much better than the original G1 games lol
I think 2, 5 and 6 are probably my favorite gens overall. For some reason I really REALLY REALLY loved X/Y. They were bare-bones story wise, sure, but the features they had were just so good. Friend Safari was FANTASTIC, I loved the Battle Chateau, the customization was fun, Super Training was a fun optional way to EV train if you wanted something different, Horde Battles were great. Plus it was super easy to hatch eggs cause you could go to Lumiose and just put a piece of paper in-between your circle pad to force it to make you go left/right to go around in a circle, HAH

Also the way Gen 6 utilized the bottom screen was INCREDIBLY GOOD

Gen 5 gets a favorite spot because of specific memories I have with it but to be honest it might actually not be my FAVORITE favorite gen. It's hard to decide to be honest.

I don't know if I have the brain power to list my favorite Pokemon right now because there are just so many, but my all time favorite is probably Jolteon. It also doesn't help that I barely played SWSH and I don't care to play S/V at all.

I didn't mention gen 3 or 4 in my favorites, but FR/LG and HG/SS are probably one of my favorite Pokemon games of all time; I just decided to only include the main games in each gen and I'm not ultra fond of R/S/E (though it's grown on me a lot lately as I've been playing Emerald a lot for some Ribbon Challenge stuff, and I loved ORAS as well) and I don't like D/P/P much at all.

I mean Gen 4 also had fantastic spinoffs. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky are probably some of the best Pokemon games ever made lol

Gen 1 is good too of course, most of my favorite Pokemon are from Gen 1. It's just that FR/LG are so much better than the original G1 games lol

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
1 2 3 4