Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Exalting Unnamed
1 2 3 4
Hello all!

I've been trying to build a lore-based lair. However, a couple of the dragons I've given away were exalted without names and now permanently appear as "Unnamed" in the genealogies. I didn't realize people could exalt unnamed dragons and this is frustrating (it sucks).

Can this be corrected? I have 2 suggestions to improve the lore experience for all users:
1. The system randomly generates and assigns a name to unnamed dragons when they are exalted
2. There is a way to name previously exalted, unnamed dragons.

These suggestions would prevent people's lore from being messed up by someone who didn't care enough to name their fodder dragons before exalting them. Players that DO care about lore don't know about this issue until it is too late.
Hello all!

I've been trying to build a lore-based lair. However, a couple of the dragons I've given away were exalted without names and now permanently appear as "Unnamed" in the genealogies. I didn't realize people could exalt unnamed dragons and this is frustrating (it sucks).

Can this be corrected? I have 2 suggestions to improve the lore experience for all users:
1. The system randomly generates and assigns a name to unnamed dragons when they are exalted

These suggestions would prevent people's lore from being messed up by someone who didn't care enough to name their fodder dragons before exalting them. Players that DO care about lore don't know about this issue until it is too late.
No support for 1, but I can support 2 on a different condition. To explain both…

1. People do exalt unnamed for their own purposes even lore. This would be unfair to them to have it forced. But this may be fine as a toggle instead. But it should be defaulted to off. Unnamed should not be empathized as a bad thing, but I don’t mind this option.

2. I’m completely fine with this as long as it is your own exalted dragons. You should not be able to name exalted dragons of others. This will allow you to fix mistakes at least.

In general, we should not be controlling people’s gameplay, but instead, give them options to rename their own exalts. Being able to name others’ dragons would lead to harassment territory.
No support for 1, but I can support 2 on a different condition. To explain both…

1. People do exalt unnamed for their own purposes even lore. This would be unfair to them to have it forced. But this may be fine as a toggle instead. But it should be defaulted to off. Unnamed should not be empathized as a bad thing, but I don’t mind this option.

2. I’m completely fine with this as long as it is your own exalted dragons. You should not be able to name exalted dragons of others. This will allow you to fix mistakes at least.

In general, we should not be controlling people’s gameplay, but instead, give them options to rename their own exalts. Being able to name others’ dragons would lead to harassment territory.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
[quote name="Laratia" date="2024-02-23 10:57:42" ]I didn't realize people could exalt unnamed dragons and this is frustrating (it sucks).[/quote] The solution here is to name dragons before they leave your lair and ownership. [quote name="Laratia" date="2024-02-23 10:57:42" ]Can this be corrected?[/quote] There is nothing to "correct." Someone having a different playstyle than you is not a problem to be "fixed." [quote name="Laratia" date="2024-02-23 10:57:42" ]I have 2 suggestions to improve the lore experience for all users:[/quote] And what if my lore involves unnamed dragons serving the Arcanist? Why is my lore less valid than yours? [quote name="Laratia" date="2024-02-23 10:57:42" ]1. The system randomly generates and assigns a name to unnamed dragons when they are exalted[/quote] If you want exalted dragons named things like Feet and Howard, by all means. Both are names I have seen in the random name generator. I personally don't, so I name my dragons before I exalt, sell, or give them away. [quote name="Laratia" date="2024-02-23 10:57:42" ]2. There is a way to name previously exalted, unnamed dragons.[/quote] Once a dragon leaves your lair, it is not yours. See FR's [url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004996703-Dragon-Ownership]Dragon Ownership[/url] policy. I can stand behind people being able to name dragons [u]they themselves[/u] exalted unnamed, but nothing else. [quote name="Laratia" date="2024-02-23 10:57:42" ]These suggestions would prevent people's lore from being messed up by someone who didn't care enough to name their fodder dragons before exalting them.[/quote] Just because I didn't name a dragon doesn't mean I don't care about it. Maybe it's [i]my[/i] lore that dragons who leave the Arcanist leave their names behind when they leave the clan, so my Unnamed exalted dragons are accurate to my lore. You do not have control over other people's lore. If you care so much about your lore that what someone does with a dragon [u]you do not own[/u] bothers you, then you need to take steps to secure your dragons and their relatives. If that's naming them before they leave their lair, or never selling or giving away your dragons, that's your choice, but that's what it is; [i]your[/i] choice. [quote name="Laratia" date="2024-02-23 10:57:42" ]Players that DO care about lore don't know about this issue until it is too late.[/quote] Please stop insinuating that 1) people who exalt unnamed dragons are callous, unfeeling, indifferent, etc., 2) lore clans are somehow superior and a more valid gameplay, more worthy of rules that enforce that playstyle, and 3) that you have no agency in this and are being victimized by players with different playstyles than you. You have agency, and chose not to exercise it. Yes, you may not have been aware of the possibility that dragons can be exalted unnamed, but that is not the fault of other players, either. Now you are aware, and you have several extant options to prevent it from happening again that do not infringe on the autonomy of other users.
Laratia wrote on 2024-02-23 10:57:42:
I didn't realize people could exalt unnamed dragons and this is frustrating (it sucks).

The solution here is to name dragons before they leave your lair and ownership.
Can this be corrected?

There is nothing to "correct." Someone having a different playstyle than you is not a problem to be "fixed."
I have 2 suggestions to improve the lore experience for all users:

And what if my lore involves unnamed dragons serving the Arcanist? Why is my lore less valid than yours?

If you want exalted dragons named things like Feet and Howard, by all means. Both are names I have seen in the random name generator. I personally don't, so I name my dragons before I exalt, sell, or give them away.

Once a dragon leaves your lair, it is not yours. See FR's Dragon Ownership policy. I can stand behind people being able to name dragons they themselves exalted unnamed, but nothing else.
These suggestions would prevent people's lore from being messed up by someone who didn't care enough to name their fodder dragons before exalting them.

Just because I didn't name a dragon doesn't mean I don't care about it. Maybe it's my lore that dragons who leave the Arcanist leave their names behind when they leave the clan, so my Unnamed exalted dragons are accurate to my lore.

You do not have control over other people's lore. If you care so much about your lore that what someone does with a dragon you do not own bothers you, then you need to take steps to secure your dragons and their relatives. If that's naming them before they leave their lair, or never selling or giving away your dragons, that's your choice, but that's what it is; your choice.
Players that DO care about lore don't know about this issue until it is too late.

Please stop insinuating that 1) people who exalt unnamed dragons are callous, unfeeling, indifferent, etc., 2) lore clans are somehow superior and a more valid gameplay, more worthy of rules that enforce that playstyle, and 3) that you have no agency in this and are being victimized by players with different playstyles than you. You have agency, and chose not to exercise it. Yes, you may not have been aware of the possibility that dragons can be exalted unnamed, but that is not the fault of other players, either. Now you are aware, and you have several extant options to prevent it from happening again that do not infringe on the autonomy of other users.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
you can avoid this entirely by naming dragons before you sell them. once a dragon leaves your lair, the new owner can do whatever they want with them, including exalting unnamed, and there is nothing wrong with that. if you care about offspring lists you need to take the extra few seconds to name before selling.
you can avoid this entirely by naming dragons before you sell them. once a dragon leaves your lair, the new owner can do whatever they want with them, including exalting unnamed, and there is nothing wrong with that. if you care about offspring lists you need to take the extra few seconds to name before selling.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
No support. There are plenty of reasons people exalt unnamed, INCLUDING their own lore.
No support. There are plenty of reasons people exalt unnamed, INCLUDING their own lore.
I support being able to rename dragons you exalted yourself, whether they're Unnamed or named. But no support for dragons you no longer own (general you).

For mistakes about dragons we've sold/no longer own/never owned in the first place, I've always supported letting users be able to cherrypick which offspring are visible or not on their dragons' lineages. I've made a couple of mistakes over the years myself that I would like to hide plz.
I support being able to rename dragons you exalted yourself, whether they're Unnamed or named. But no support for dragons you no longer own (general you).

For mistakes about dragons we've sold/no longer own/never owned in the first place, I've always supported letting users be able to cherrypick which offspring are visible or not on their dragons' lineages. I've made a couple of mistakes over the years myself that I would like to hide plz.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="DarkVixen" date="2024-02-23 11:02:45" ] No support for 1, but I can support 2 on a different condition. To explain both… 1. People do exalt unnamed for their own purposes even lore. This would be unfair to them to have it forced. But this may be fine as a toggle instead. But it should be defaulted to off. Unnamed should not be empathized as a bad thing, but I don’t mind this option. 2. I’m completely fine with this as long as it is your own exalted dragons. You should not be able to name exalted dragons of others. This will allow you to fix mistakes at least. In general, we should not be controlling people’s gameplay, but instead, give them options to rename their own exalts. Being able to name others’ dragons would lead to harassment territory. [/quote] Pretty much this. It sucks to not realize that unnamed exalting is a thing, which I feel that a better tutorial about dragons and ownership and exalting would go a long way towards helping, but ultimately, I prefer FR's stance of once a dragon being out of your lair, it is no longer yours. I also support being able to (re)name dragons you have exalted. No support for being able to name dragons others have exalted, no matter where that name shows up.
DarkVixen wrote on 2024-02-23 11:02:45:

Pretty much this.

It sucks to not realize that unnamed exalting is a thing, which I feel that a better tutorial about dragons and ownership and exalting would go a long way towards helping, but ultimately, I prefer FR's stance of once a dragon being out of your lair, it is no longer yours.

I also support being able to (re)name dragons you have exalted. No support for being able to name dragons others have exalted, no matter where that name shows up.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Nahhhh, why is your lore more important than mine? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/1943815][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/19439/1943815_350.png[/img][/url] This is a issue you can prevent. The site doesn't need to change anything for you to keep [i]other people's dragons[/i] in your dragon's linages from being Unnamed.
Nahhhh, why is your lore more important than mine?
1943815_350.png

This is a issue you can prevent. The site doesn't need to change anything for you to keep other people's dragons in your dragon's linages from being Unnamed.
No support. If you don't want unnamed offspring on your dragons, name your hatchlings yourself before selling or giving them away.

EDIT: Linking this existing suggestion about overhauling the site's tutorial since the topic came up in other user's posts
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2383024#post_2383024
No support. If you don't want unnamed offspring on your dragons, name your hatchlings yourself before selling or giving them away.

EDIT: Linking this existing suggestion about overhauling the site's tutorial since the topic came up in other user's posts
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2383024#post_2383024
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
Never support. I'm a firm believer of #UnnamedIsValid, my lore includes unnamed dragons and I hate how they're treated as basically less than named dragons. Once it leaves your lair, it's no longer yours. If you want it named, you name it yourself
Never support. I'm a firm believer of #UnnamedIsValid, my lore includes unnamed dragons and I hate how they're treated as basically less than named dragons. Once it leaves your lair, it's no longer yours. If you want it named, you name it yourself

1 2 3 4