Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | has any1 actually won smth from raffles?
1 2
genuine question.....I always see Roundsey's raffles and get tempted to dump all of my treasure into it- But do people actually gotten something from those raffles?

(if you have, do tell......i haven't seen anyone actually show their dragons that they won)
genuine question.....I always see Roundsey's raffles and get tempted to dump all of my treasure into it- But do people actually gotten something from those raffles?

(if you have, do tell......i haven't seen anyone actually show their dragons that they won)
Jd88XNq.png
I may be cringe, but I am free
@agent888 Yes, all the prizes are won every week. You can see a list of the users that won the last raffle by clicking the "week's glorious winners..." text though for privacy it doesn't say who won what.
You can see the dragon prizes here with most including links so you can see the owners: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2829281/1

It's important to remember that raffles are gambling and because there are so many users entering each week you probably won't win anything. If you're ok with that risk then spend all your money. If you aren't you could save up and buy the prize you want instead. It'll take longer but you won't be throwing money at nothing like you are if you lose.
@agent888 Yes, all the prizes are won every week. You can see a list of the users that won the last raffle by clicking the "week's glorious winners..." text though for privacy it doesn't say who won what.
You can see the dragon prizes here with most including links so you can see the owners: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2829281/1

It's important to remember that raffles are gambling and because there are so many users entering each week you probably won't win anything. If you're ok with that risk then spend all your money. If you aren't you could save up and buy the prize you want instead. It'll take longer but you won't be throwing money at nothing like you are if you lose.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@Agent888

Yep, I have won twice. Both back when it started in 2018. I didn't win a dragon, but I did win a piece of first year festival apparel (Electrician's Powerpack) and a boss familiar (Stone Borer).
@Agent888

Yep, I have won twice. Both back when it started in 2018. I didn't win a dragon, but I did win a piece of first year festival apparel (Electrician's Powerpack) and a boss familiar (Stone Borer).
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I buy 50 tickets a week and I've had three small wins in four years - an egg and two apparel pieces. I keep telling myself the next one will be a dragon.
I buy 50 tickets a week and I've had three small wins in four years - an egg and two apparel pieces. I keep telling myself the next one will be a dragon.
Most weeks I buy 1-10 tickets and have never won anything from that, but after achievements came out I was buying up to 1000 tickets a week for a wee while and won maybe 3 or 4 times in that time. I think I got an egg and a couple of the lower-cost festival apparels? Overall nothing worth enough to recoup the 5 mil I spent getting that achivement lol.
Most weeks I buy 1-10 tickets and have never won anything from that, but after achievements came out I was buying up to 1000 tickets a week for a wee while and won maybe 3 or 4 times in that time. I think I got an egg and a couple of the lower-cost festival apparels? Overall nothing worth enough to recoup the 5 mil I spent getting that achivement lol.
the Immortal standard rank badge from the Bounty Hunter's Guild a dom badge showing a book with a face and legs    quoiromantic heart pixel

bisexual heart pixel     
the Starseeker symbol - jagged pink fragments in a rough orb shape on a deep blue background     a mottled pink, blue and purple outline of an upside-down tree and roots on a fuzzy black background
statistically, any ticket has a chance of winning. i used to buy 1 ticket/week, or sometimes 10 tickets on a whim, and once won the junk item by doing that after many many weeks.

i did the maths on my total tickets bought vs current LAH for the junk prize and discovered i had purchased the world's most expensive peacock jumping spider.

i don't buy tickets any more.

if you do the maths on what percent of total tickets you own, you now have your chance of winning.

at time of writing, this week's raffle has 147030 tickets. that's pretty low, but we're not even half-way through the raffle yet so that makes sense.

147030/100 = 1470
that's 1%

in order to have a 1% chance of winning right now you'd need to buy a minimum of 1,470 tickets. by the end of the raffle, that number will be a lot higher.

let's assume i buy 150 tickets, because that's the amount you can buy 75kt (maxing the fairgrounds for one day)
100 is 0.1% of 147030
(according to this calculator, i can do it manually but it's not worth the effort. the calculator is correct)

i have a 0.1% chance of winning any prize with my 150 tickets. but...i want the dragon.

there are 125 prizes this week, including the dragon.

1/125 = 0.08

assuming i beat the odds and get drawn, i have a 0.08% chance of winning the one prize i want, the dragon.

if we multiply the odds of being drawn at all (0.1%) with the odds of getting the dragon (0.08%) we get

0.1 * 0.08 = 0.008
(which is hopefully obvious to anyone old enough to play flight rising)

that's a 0.008% chance of getting the only reason i'm buying these hypothetical 150 tickets

and again, these numbers are low because there's currently a relatively low number of tickets bought.

any time i find myself tempted by a dragon prize, i run the maths again and am reminded that i am better off saving my money to buy the prize after it is sent out. because it will probably cost less than buying enough tickets to win it anyway

and if you WANT the junk prizes, the same goes there too. by the time you win something, you will have spent more money on tickets than you would have spent on that thing.

roundsey is only worth it if you can buy SEVERAL THOUSAND tickets to make the odds vaguely reasonable.

statistically, any ticket has a chance of winning. i used to buy 1 ticket/week, or sometimes 10 tickets on a whim, and once won the junk item by doing that after many many weeks.

i did the maths on my total tickets bought vs current LAH for the junk prize and discovered i had purchased the world's most expensive peacock jumping spider.

i don't buy tickets any more.

if you do the maths on what percent of total tickets you own, you now have your chance of winning.

at time of writing, this week's raffle has 147030 tickets. that's pretty low, but we're not even half-way through the raffle yet so that makes sense.

147030/100 = 1470
that's 1%

in order to have a 1% chance of winning right now you'd need to buy a minimum of 1,470 tickets. by the end of the raffle, that number will be a lot higher.

let's assume i buy 150 tickets, because that's the amount you can buy 75kt (maxing the fairgrounds for one day)
100 is 0.1% of 147030
(according to this calculator, i can do it manually but it's not worth the effort. the calculator is correct)

i have a 0.1% chance of winning any prize with my 150 tickets. but...i want the dragon.

there are 125 prizes this week, including the dragon.

1/125 = 0.08

assuming i beat the odds and get drawn, i have a 0.08% chance of winning the one prize i want, the dragon.

if we multiply the odds of being drawn at all (0.1%) with the odds of getting the dragon (0.08%) we get

0.1 * 0.08 = 0.008
(which is hopefully obvious to anyone old enough to play flight rising)

that's a 0.008% chance of getting the only reason i'm buying these hypothetical 150 tickets

and again, these numbers are low because there's currently a relatively low number of tickets bought.

any time i find myself tempted by a dragon prize, i run the maths again and am reminded that i am better off saving my money to buy the prize after it is sent out. because it will probably cost less than buying enough tickets to win it anyway

and if you WANT the junk prizes, the same goes there too. by the time you win something, you will have spent more money on tickets than you would have spent on that thing.

roundsey is only worth it if you can buy SEVERAL THOUSAND tickets to make the odds vaguely reasonable.

Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Cymreig | avatar
yup. we buy 500 tickets a week and seem to win one of the smaller prizes every few months. never won one of the big ones or the dragons though.
yup. we buy 500 tickets a week and seem to win one of the smaller prizes every few months. never won one of the big ones or the dragons though.
they/them
Selling 2015 and on festival items and more HERE
@agent888 i won this dragon (the "parents" part in lineage is a proof that its a raffle prize) with like 10 tickets, so its definitely possible to win from it :) i have also won the smaller prizes couple times.

its all down to the whims of the rngesus

i personally do not show him off that much because it feels like im... bragging? its probably the finnish culture and all that cuz showing off my good fortune for others feels really weird to me.
@agent888 i won this dragon (the "parents" part in lineage is a proof that its a raffle prize) with like 10 tickets, so its definitely possible to win from it :) i have also won the smaller prizes couple times.

its all down to the whims of the rngesus

i personally do not show him off that much because it feels like im... bragging? its probably the finnish culture and all that cuz showing off my good fortune for others feels really weird to me.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
i won a piece of apparel one time. generally the chance of winning is really low. some people buy tons and tons of tickets to increase their chances but even then it's not a guarantee. i buy a few each week for fun but don't really expect anything from it.
i won a piece of apparel one time. generally the chance of winning is really low. some people buy tons and tons of tickets to increase their chances but even then it's not a guarantee. i buy a few each week for fun but don't really expect anything from it.
I've won an egg twice, due to dumping an obscene amount of treasure into the raffle for the sake of achievements. I don't recommend it.
I've won an egg twice, due to dumping an obscene amount of treasure into the raffle for the sake of achievements. I don't recommend it.
27eGmsl.png
1 2