Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Undertide Gene Expansion
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 46 47
super happy for gene splits and modern genes not competing with ancient ones. I mostly need modern genes and I would rarely see them due to MP being filled with variety of ancient ones. immidiately solved one of my geneing projects thanks to this change ahhhh
super happy for gene splits and modern genes not competing with ancient ones. I mostly need modern genes and I would rarely see them due to MP being filled with variety of ancient ones. immidiately solved one of my geneing projects thanks to this change ahhhh
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
So.. I'm confused. Where do you get, for instance Blossom, I know you get Gaoler blossom from Swipp, but where do you get just plain Blossom?

Edit: Oops! Answered my own question. Yay!!
So.. I'm confused. Where do you get, for instance Blossom, I know you get Gaoler blossom from Swipp, but where do you get just plain Blossom?

Edit: Oops! Answered my own question. Yay!!
I'm on the search for something catchy.
I really like the marketplace update! Thank you.
I really like the marketplace update! Thank you.
hc7MLaK.png
Jellyfish singlehandedly making me like undertides more fr
The sillays
Jellyfish singlehandedly making me like undertides more fr
The sillays
F4fc8q9.png
[quote name="Ilmarinen" date="2024-02-22 12:02:02" ] Is there a backend reason the gene item couldn't be called, for instance, "Secondary Ancient Gene: Weaver" instead of "Secondary Undertide Gene: Weaver", to simplify things? Or is the idea that it'd be too confusing, since not all ancients can get Weaver applied to them? (Personally, I find this way to be more confusing T_T) [/quote] That's what I was wondering. Having a parchment item you trade in for a breed-specific item reduces bloat on gene *drops* but it seems redundant to then have to go to Glass and Gloss to get a usable item. I'm sorta hoping it's a short-term solution until the Ancients are all up to date with genes but idk how the game works on the back end to know if this is even possible.
Ilmarinen wrote on 2024-02-22 12:02:02:
Is there a backend reason the gene item couldn't be called, for instance, "Secondary Ancient Gene: Weaver" instead of "Secondary Undertide Gene: Weaver", to simplify things? Or is the idea that it'd be too confusing, since not all ancients can get Weaver applied to them? (Personally, I find this way to be more confusing T_T)

That's what I was wondering. Having a parchment item you trade in for a breed-specific item reduces bloat on gene *drops* but it seems redundant to then have to go to Glass and Gloss to get a usable item. I'm sorta hoping it's a short-term solution until the Ancients are all up to date with genes but idk how the game works on the back end to know if this is even possible.
Glad to see the eels get some love! Medusa, Stinger, and Shark look great on them.

Hoping Veilspuns get a lot of genes next...they're lacking in that department and I would love to make new breeding pairs with them. They need Blossom especially!
Glad to see the eels get some love! Medusa, Stinger, and Shark look great on them.

Hoping Veilspuns get a lot of genes next...they're lacking in that department and I would love to make new breeding pairs with them. They need Blossom especially!
gfCdYdH.gif Ninth | She/Her
Shadow and Bone Hatchery
Skins and Accents
Throwing my two cents out there for veils to get similar love and support!~ ♥

Still, a lot of work coming out, and all the vocalization is nice. You guys as a team have come a long way. Proud of where you've come from! Onwards!

I really REALLY love Jellyfish??? Haha, it was a fun little surprise to see in the mass of updates!

Blossom feels a little weird for UTs atm but I'm hoping this means that others are soon to get the gene too! Exciting!
Throwing my two cents out there for veils to get similar love and support!~ ♥

Still, a lot of work coming out, and all the vocalization is nice. You guys as a team have come a long way. Proud of where you've come from! Onwards!

I really REALLY love Jellyfish??? Haha, it was a fun little surprise to see in the mass of updates!

Blossom feels a little weird for UTs atm but I'm hoping this means that others are soon to get the gene too! Exciting!
o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2024-02-22 12:41:37" ] [quote name="Fawkesian" date="2024-02-22 12:24:08" ] [quote name="bulrush" date="2024-02-22 12:12:53" ] the new rules update makes it sound like exact age or drawing attention to being a minor is only what's disallowed now, i imagine its not a crazy deal for adults but if so i'll remove my own age marker from my profile. [/quote] that's another thing i would like to see clarified! the headline for that section ("do not broadcast, advertise, or otherwise highlight or call attention to your age") implies that this applies to all users regardless of age, but then all of the examples pertain to minors. also, some of the wording (" [...] we do not want our minor players to widely advertise their age group") makes it seem like it's specific to younger users. [/quote] @Fawkesian, @bulrush, generally speaking, it's not the best idea to put exact dates and exact ages out on the internet. It's part of why we removed the birthday markers awhile back on Clan Profile pages. This section is something we can definitely revisit, but for now we needed to empower Support to make these edits when appropriate to safeguard the members of our community. [/quote] @Aequorin - of course! i don't disagree; just wanted to get a better sense of what's expected from the community, and whether this policy is specifically being enforced upon minors who share their ages. would it be disallowed for someone to say, for example, "i'm an adult"?
Aequorin wrote on 2024-02-22 12:41:37:
Fawkesian wrote on 2024-02-22 12:24:08:
bulrush wrote on 2024-02-22 12:12:53:
the new rules update makes it sound like exact age or drawing attention to being a minor is only what's disallowed now, i imagine its not a crazy deal for adults but if so i'll remove my own age marker from my profile.
that's another thing i would like to see clarified! the headline for that section ("do not broadcast, advertise, or otherwise highlight or call attention to your age") implies that this applies to all users regardless of age, but then all of the examples pertain to minors. also, some of the wording (" [...] we do not want our minor players to widely advertise their age group") makes it seem like it's specific to younger users.

@Fawkesian, @bulrush, generally speaking, it's not the best idea to put exact dates and exact ages out on the internet. It's part of why we removed the birthday markers awhile back on Clan Profile pages. This section is something we can definitely revisit, but for now we needed to empower Support to make these edits when appropriate to safeguard the members of our community.
@Aequorin - of course! i don't disagree; just wanted to get a better sense of what's expected from the community, and whether this policy is specifically being enforced upon minors who share their ages. would it be disallowed for someone to say, for example, "i'm an adult"?
shadow_small.pngfire_small.pngnature_small.pngearth_small.pngice_small.pngwind_small.png
Absolutely lovely, jellyfish is delightful :)
Absolutely lovely, jellyfish is delightful :)
♥ ILY ♥ image.pngz3ouQq5.gif o7ZCFYm.png
xNVgUXb.png
Nc5z4k4.png
hZipXGO.png
eESLWsA.gifswirly2.png
Thank you for the update!

However, there is one thing I've noticed that I've not heard brought up anywhere: when specifically looking at dragons in the scrying workshop on a mobile device (an iPhone, in my case) all the currently available genes are displayed, regardless of if they are compatible with that breed of dragon. This is not present when accessing the site on my laptop, and the presence of the additional, incompatible, genes makes for a lot more scrolling if I'm scrying on my phone.
Thank you for the update!

However, there is one thing I've noticed that I've not heard brought up anywhere: when specifically looking at dragons in the scrying workshop on a mobile device (an iPhone, in my case) all the currently available genes are displayed, regardless of if they are compatible with that breed of dragon. This is not present when accessing the site on my laptop, and the presence of the additional, incompatible, genes makes for a lot more scrolling if I'm scrying on my phone.
6BuWSPs.png
Taste the rainbow~
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 46 47