Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Primary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
Soooo, I have some G1 that I keep their Prim or Sec Basic because I just want the base color. Buuuuut they don't all have the same base tone through & through, like their underbelly is often a lighter shade. This is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/30406573][color=#000000]SelvaOscura[/color][/url], I'm using her as my example. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/30406573][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=81&tertgene=11&winggene=6&wings=81&auth=51a9967534f2dd45487552a1fd78036abdb0673c&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Hear me out... What if we get "Matte" & "Flat" Prim/Sec genes with the primary color shade solid throughout the area (excluding shadows of course)... I don't have any fancy photoshop programs, so I just rough edited on [i]Paint[/i] lol [center][img]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-cKcDmfg/0/DPj7W2fBNHJKKdTM8CJBtzwvL5WcT3LhZwPmcBVLj/M/i-cKcDmfg-M.png[/img][/center]
Soooo, I have some G1 that I keep their Prim or Sec Basic because I just want the base color.
Buuuuut they don't all have the same base tone through & through, like their underbelly is often a lighter shade.

This is SelvaOscura, I'm using her as my example.
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=81&tertgene=11&winggene=6&wings=81&auth=51a9967534f2dd45487552a1fd78036abdb0673c&dummyext=prev.png

Hear me out...
What if we get "Matte" & "Flat" Prim/Sec genes with the primary color shade solid throughout the area (excluding shadows of course)...

I don't have any fancy photoshop programs, so I just rough edited on Paint lol
i-cKcDmfg-M.png
Bv9XWUe.gif
BREWERS WANTED
KUzA9FY.png
eiTuhCf.gif
MELTERS WANTED
got an idea for a gene due to oc reasons but i figured it's good enough to share a prim/sec pair that adds cloudy wisp-like patterns onto the dragon's body [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/37889.png[/img] <- something like this but flatter on the dragon's body could perhaps be ported over to an Ancient that also has Wraith because I think all those genes would look good together
got an idea for a gene due to oc reasons but i figured it's good enough to share

a prim/sec pair that adds cloudy wisp-like patterns onto the dragon's body
37889.png <- something like this but flatter on the dragon's body
could perhaps be ported over to an Ancient that also has Wraith because I think all those genes would look good together
n9sEhSB.png you can call me Qwil
there is no U anywhere in my username
nej6cGW.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
8GgdVkW.png
[quote name="monkfishlover" date="2023-12-16 21:38:28" ] I have more ideas for dustcarve dig Dendrite/fractal: for lightning flight it's like a weird fractal fossil from ancient water Bones/paleo: dinosaur bones and other fossils for plague flight Something themed after tar pits or obsidian for shadow flight Meteorite/asteroid for arcane could also be prehistoric gems like the rainbow ammonite Pottery/ceramic for light flight maybe [/quote] The first suggestion for something dendrite-like and fractaly could also double as nature genes (think like the veins on a leaf) AND could look really cool paired with veined. I want a pair of genes like this so badly and have for [i]years[/i]!
monkfishlover wrote on 2023-12-16 21:38:28:
I have more ideas for dustcarve dig

Dendrite/fractal: for lightning flight it's like a weird fractal fossil from ancient water

Bones/paleo: dinosaur bones and other fossils for plague flight

Something themed after tar pits or obsidian for shadow flight

Meteorite/asteroid for arcane could also be prehistoric gems like the rainbow ammonite

Pottery/ceramic for light flight maybe

The first suggestion for something dendrite-like and fractaly could also double as nature genes (think like the veins on a leaf) AND could look really cool paired with veined. I want a pair of genes like this so badly and have for years!
41.png 103.png She/Her pronouns, please. 65.png 32.png
I think a really neat idea for a primary [and secondary] gene would be Chimera. Chimerism in real life is really interesting, and I think it'd work by the gene color being the most dominant on the dragon, but a secondary color [perhaps the opposite on the color wheel, for example] exists in patches and can even have a "split face" pattern [one side of the face is the gene color, the other side is the accent color].

While this may be similar to the paint and piebald genes, those exists only as white splashes. I think the option of a gene with patches of colors other than white would be really neat to see and allow for some neat dragons.
I think a really neat idea for a primary [and secondary] gene would be Chimera. Chimerism in real life is really interesting, and I think it'd work by the gene color being the most dominant on the dragon, but a secondary color [perhaps the opposite on the color wheel, for example] exists in patches and can even have a "split face" pattern [one side of the face is the gene color, the other side is the accent color].

While this may be similar to the paint and piebald genes, those exists only as white splashes. I think the option of a gene with patches of colors other than white would be really neat to see and allow for some neat dragons.
[quote name="Niya" date="2024-01-29 09:59:55" ] Its just quick sketch xd inspired by... vines xD [size=6][b]Ivy & Vine[/b][/size] Colors: Shamrock (left) and Marigold (right) [img]https://i.imgur.com/ay070oH.png[/img] [/quote] ooooo, I quite like this! Would love to see something similar. Fern/Paisley is kinda similar, but it isn't quite the same niche, it isn't plant-like and doesn't vary the colors of the patterns.
Niya wrote on 2024-01-29 09:59:55:
Its just quick sketch xd inspired by... vines xD

Ivy & Vine
Colors: Shamrock (left) and Marigold (right)
ay070oH.png

ooooo, I quite like this! Would love to see something similar. Fern/Paisley is kinda similar, but it isn't quite the same niche, it isn't plant-like and doesn't vary the colors of the patterns.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
for the aether gene expansion id LOVE harlequin/jester on them!! i think it'd look so good!!! fuzzy clowns!!!
for the aether gene expansion id LOVE harlequin/jester on them!! i think it'd look so good!!! fuzzy clowns!!!
ySNe18a.png
4MbPoqE.pngmlHpBMC.png
7nrEOpT.pngypcKWM0.png
ll0CfnD.pngYw8EvNQ.png
FObX7rS.pngtNdq8a4.png
5hF3FGk.pngS3J5uo7.png
k8LYvAw.png
Wolf/Pack for modern dragons would be really nice, I think! On mobile so can't add any mock-ups, but I can't imagine it'd be too different in appearance from the Ancients that have it!
Wolf/Pack for modern dragons would be really nice, I think! On mobile so can't add any mock-ups, but I can't imagine it'd be too different in appearance from the Ancients that have it!
qiTymVx.png zbfZPyc.png
Squiggle for moderns please…..
Squiggle for moderns please…..
Selling my skins!
button_ah_buy.png
[center] Would like [b]chevron[/b] for [b]sandsurges[/b], please. [emoji=aberration star size=2]
Would like chevron for sandsurges, please.
5891801a7bbcd5e9c6aeff9821d1e2fda0e1ee6c.png
hdWqAOO.png
zLwbKxI.png
HkP1Kx1.png
oaolHwW.png
9bc3d1022808dc564cb98e21609cdb28fde2cfc4.gif mtHAEL4.png
EB9jVcQ.png
0XHtpWy.png
Vs2WmBF.png
Gene expansion: Pinstripe & Harlequin would look great on Aethers!
Gene expansion: Pinstripe & Harlequin would look great on Aethers!
(Note to self: get a decent forum signature)
1 2 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195