Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sandsurge Blend gradient got flipped
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Khuzdul

I think they mean Fern/Paisley on Auraboas- unless if Boa/Saddle suddenly got changed oml.
@Khuzdul

I think they mean Fern/Paisley on Auraboas- unless if Boa/Saddle suddenly got changed oml.
x72ysXo.png
[quote name="@Khuzdul" date="2024-02-21 14:56:37" ] [quote name="Gryphire" date="2024-02-21 14:46:56" ] Why tf are people still bringing up looks? The staff implemented another major change with no pre warning. That’s a problem. Not sure what magically changed in 2 days between boa and this that makes it different. If you like the new look go post in gene variants suggestion. Quite saying it’s not a problem unless you are willing to stand that new boa paisley is good also. [/quote] [center]Could you show us what happened to boa? I don't know what happened to it, and honestly without examples (I don't use boa/saddle enough) I wouldn't noticed any changes. What breed did it change on? Auras? [/quote] I got a bit confused there too but judging by their recent forum posts, I think when they mention "boa" they're shortening it from "Auraboas". Nothing has changed from the gene Boa/Saddle as far as I'm aware :]
@Khuzdul wrote on 2024-02-21 14:56:37:
Gryphire wrote on 2024-02-21 14:46:56:
Why tf are people still bringing up looks? The staff implemented another major change with no pre warning. That’s a problem. Not sure what magically changed in 2 days between boa and this that makes it different.

If you like the new look go post in gene variants suggestion. Quite saying it’s not a problem unless you are willing to stand that new boa paisley is good also.
Could you show us what happened to boa? I don't know what happened to it, and honestly without examples (I don't use boa/saddle enough) I wouldn't noticed any changes.

What breed did it change on? Auras?

I got a bit confused there too but judging by their recent forum posts, I think when they mention "boa" they're shortening it from "Auraboas". Nothing has changed from the gene Boa/Saddle as far as I'm aware :]
A blue lantern with yellow glass swings left to right as rainbow dust swirls around it. Clicking this will bring you to the creator's profile. ___ « Ash (21)
« Clan Lore
« F2U Pixels
« Art Shop
« FAQ/Wishlist
_____
pmCmV6u.pngWjoRtbD.pngDWI9puz.pnge2wlrBb.pnggtSdXdC.pngQoMzhWb.png5rXrC4x.pngnxZGTXG.png8UYUyIT.png
[quote name="StarDay" date="2024-02-21 15:11:53" ] Khuzdul I think they mean Fern/Paisley on Auraboas- unless if Boa/Saddle suddenly got changed oml. [/quote] [quote name="Cryopunk" date="2024-02-21 15:12:35" ] [quote name="Khuzdul" date="2024-02-21 14:56:37" ] [quote name="Gryphire" date="2024-02-21 14:46:56" ] Why tf are people still bringing up looks? The staff implemented another major change with no pre warning. That’s a problem. Not sure what magically changed in 2 days between boa and this that makes it different. If you like the new look go post in gene variants suggestion. Quite saying it’s not a problem unless you are willing to stand that new boa paisley is good also. [/quote] [center]Could you show us what happened to boa? I don't know what happened to it, and honestly without examples (I don't use boa/saddle enough) I wouldn't noticed any changes. What breed did it change on? Auras? [/quote] I got a bit confused there too but judging by their recent forum posts, I think when they mention "boa" they're shortening it from "Auraboas". Nothing has changed from the gene Boa/Saddle as far as I'm aware :] [/quote] Ah ok. I thought we had a third gene change in a week Dx
StarDay wrote on 2024-02-21 15:11:53:
Khuzdul

Cryopunk wrote on 2024-02-21 15:12:35:
Khuzdul wrote on 2024-02-21 14:56:37:
Gryphire wrote on 2024-02-21 14:46:56:
Why tf are people still bringing up looks? The staff implemented another major change with no pre warning. That’s a problem. Not sure what magically changed in 2 days between boa and this that makes it different.

If you like the new look go post in gene variants suggestion. Quite saying it’s not a problem unless you are willing to stand that new boa paisley is good also.
Could you show us what happened to boa? I don't know what happened to it, and honestly without examples (I don't use boa/saddle enough) I wouldn't noticed any changes.

What breed did it change on? Auras?

I got a bit confused there too but judging by their recent forum posts, I think when they mention "boa" they're shortening it from "Auraboas". Nothing has changed from the gene Boa/Saddle as far as I'm aware :]
Ah ok. I thought we had a third gene change in a week Dx
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
Very happy to see staff will be reversing the paisley change and that the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3317010#post_3317010]snurge blend change was a mistake and will also be reversed [/url] [emoji=firework size=1] Also new guidelines about stylistic choice vs actual bugs, time limits on stylistic changes, and plans for better clarity on future issues like this~ very helpful stuff
Very happy to see staff will be reversing the paisley change and that the snurge blend change was a mistake and will also be reversed

Also new guidelines about stylistic choice vs actual bugs, time limits on stylistic changes, and plans for better clarity on future issues like this~ very helpful stuff
jKNxJDc.png 93911943.png 93991508.png 93890069.png 92702429.png
I just saw the update thread! I'm really glad to know that this was indeed an error, and not an unannounced standardization change of some sort. The new 45-day system for gene reports should be a big help to both users and staff alike-- we won't have to worry about our dragons randomly changing months down the line, and staff won't have to deal with another round of... well, all of this, haha.
I just saw the update thread! I'm really glad to know that this was indeed an error, and not an unannounced standardization change of some sort. The new 45-day system for gene reports should be a big help to both users and staff alike-- we won't have to worry about our dragons randomly changing months down the line, and staff won't have to deal with another round of... well, all of this, haha.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Today's update is a solid response to everything. And even coming up with a system to avoid this happening in the future. Nice!
Today's update is a solid response to everything. And even coming up with a system to avoid this happening in the future. Nice!
Dragons for sale: 17487.png Renting your nests: 745.png otakuderp13-1.png
Posting this as a recap in case anyone else missed the bug and is confused over the change like I was. I had to check this thread because when I saw Undel's post about reverting the fins, because the crest still looks different from an old scry I saved. I didn't see the reversed colors when it was live and thought the inside color blending up the entire fin [i]was[/i] the error and "prior colors" meant the original version. Old scry I had saved 2 months ago: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ofq2sJ0.png[/img] How it looks now: [img]https://i.imgur.com/CKzTnx2.png[/img] Then I saw Ningyo's post in this thread and that shows the bug perfectly: [quote name="Ningyo" date="2024-02-21 12:52:16" ] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/UhfCHvz.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/2XFA2E9.png[/img] [/quote] So it went from: original blend -> smoother blend but the crest's colors were reversed -> smoother blended inner color but now the color order is correct
Posting this as a recap in case anyone else missed the bug and is confused over the change like I was.

I had to check this thread because when I saw Undel's post about reverting the fins, because the crest still looks different from an old scry I saved. I didn't see the reversed colors when it was live and thought the inside color blending up the entire fin was the error and "prior colors" meant the original version.

Old scry I had saved 2 months ago:
Ofq2sJ0.png

How it looks now:
CKzTnx2.png

Then I saw Ningyo's post in this thread and that shows the bug perfectly:
Ningyo wrote on 2024-02-21 12:52:16:
UhfCHvz.png
2XFA2E9.png

So it went from:
original blend -> smoother blend but the crest's colors were reversed -> smoother blended inner color but now the color order is correct

+2 FR time (Central)
[quote name="Mewten" date="2024-02-22 03:56:43" ] Posting this as a recap in case anyone else missed the bug and is confused over the change like I was. I had to check this thread because when I saw Undel's post about reverting the fins, because the crest still looks different from an old scry I saved. I didn't see the reversed colors when it was live and thought the inside color blending up the entire fin [i]was[/i] the error and "prior colors" meant the original version. Old scry I had saved 2 months ago: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ofq2sJ0.png[/img] How it looks now: [img]https://i.imgur.com/CKzTnx2.png[/img] [/quote] Ah, I see. Makes sense that the big change was an error (and an especially poorly timed one.) I think the smoother blend does look a lot better!
Mewten wrote on 2024-02-22 03:56:43:
Posting this as a recap in case anyone else missed the bug and is confused over the change like I was.

I had to check this thread because when I saw Undel's post about reverting the fins, because the crest still looks different from an old scry I saved. I didn't see the reversed colors when it was live and thought the inside color blending up the entire fin was the error and "prior colors" meant the original version.

Old scry I had saved 2 months ago:
Ofq2sJ0.png

How it looks now:
CKzTnx2.png

Ah, I see. Makes sense that the big change was an error (and an especially poorly timed one.) I think the smoother blend does look a lot better!
Now that the blend issue was amended, what do you guys think of it?
Now that the blend issue was amended, what do you guys think of it?
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
I like the blend now. The gradient is a lot better and the head fins match.
I like the blend now. The gradient is a lot better and the head fins match.
FeIiZnO.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8