Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | revert auraboa fern/paisley
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Support. Aside from arguments that already were made, I want to make a point about this change being talked about on error thread. I'm pretty sure, big portion of players don't use forums (if not most of the players). Like AT ALL. Or even can't use it, due to language barrier. I might be incorrect, so let me know if I wrong, but I remember that Obelisk Flair situation had at least an announcement on site status??? (Or my brain made it up?) In this situation, there is practically no way of knowing why change was made without forums? Eh [quote name="Katargo" date="2024-02-21 03:15:34" ] You can't ask players to look through the whole thread any time they want to gene a dragon. Put it in the scrying workshop as a small symbol saying 'this gene is subject to change. For further information please check the gene error thread' or something. [/quote] This, if possible to implement, would be actually very cool X) Edit: OH MY GOD, this is hilarious X) [quote name="handdrawnviolist" date="2024-02-20 23:05:20" ] If we're talking about consistency, there are much bigger and more obvious fish to fry imo, has anyone talked about tundra paisley yet? [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=82&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=61&tertgene=97&winggene=136&wings=27&auth=70b202af258a16704148e58370987e67245eff30&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=82&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=61&tertgene=97&winggene=136&wings=27&auth=1fff8b22a7914500abd7b8552f13f7eecb71bbc2&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote]
Support.

Aside from arguments that already were made, I want to make a point about this change being talked about on error thread.

I'm pretty sure, big portion of players don't use forums (if not most of the players). Like AT ALL. Or even can't use it, due to language barrier.

I might be incorrect, so let me know if I wrong, but I remember that Obelisk Flair situation had at least an announcement on site status??? (Or my brain made it up?)

In this situation, there is practically no way of knowing why change was made without forums? Eh

Katargo wrote on 2024-02-21 03:15:34:
You can't ask players to look through the whole thread any time they want to gene a dragon. Put it in the scrying workshop as a small symbol saying 'this gene is subject to change. For further information please check the gene error thread' or something.

This, if possible to implement, would be actually very cool X)

Edit: OH MY GOD, this is hilarious X)
handdrawnviolist wrote on 2024-02-20 23:05:20:
If we're talking about consistency, there are much bigger and more obvious fish to fry imo, has anyone talked about tundra paisley yet?

dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=82&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=61&tertgene=97&winggene=136&wings=27&auth=70b202af258a16704148e58370987e67245eff30&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=82&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=61&tertgene=97&winggene=136&wings=27&auth=1fff8b22a7914500abd7b8552f13f7eecb71bbc2&dummyext=prev.png
esifLbR.png
Yes please revert the change! Treating the areas on the Auraboa wings as mane where it makes sense to do so, stylistically, is what makes or breaks genes on them-- the same as all other dragons. This was a HUGE change, not a small 'error'. Why was there no notice? No discussion or poll? [img]https://i.imgur.com/gBai1xg.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=95&bodygene=244&breed=24&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=29&tertgene=232&winggene=244&wings=146&auth=a1762c7e06205e2e4d09f239f98435609be8b01e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Please give me my dragon's original look back :(
Yes please revert the change!

Treating the areas on the Auraboa wings as mane where it makes sense to do so, stylistically, is what makes or breaks genes on them-- the same as all other dragons.

This was a HUGE change, not a small 'error'. Why was there no notice? No discussion or poll?

gBai1xg.png
dragon?age=1&body=95&bodygene=244&breed=24&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=29&tertgene=232&winggene=244&wings=146&auth=a1762c7e06205e2e4d09f239f98435609be8b01e&dummyext=prev.png

Please give me my dragon's original look back :(
Meow
[quote name="azurebolt" date="2024-02-20 22:45:55" ] [quote name="Lychen" date="2024-02-20 22:33:23" ] Oh, and for anyone who's not actively stalking the Gene Error thread, you should know [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/3289327/1#post_3289327]they're now planning to alter Breakup and Hypnotic as they've done with Paisley.[/url] [/quote] [quote name="Undel on the Gene Error thread"] [LIST] [*]Secondary: Breakup on Auraboa should only have the stripes applied to the crest and is missing patterning in the upper wings. [*]Secondary: Hypnotic on Auraboa F & H are missing some of the spots on the wing-hands. [b]The upper wings on all should have the hypnotic pattern applied to them.[/b] [/LIST][/quote] Alright, great, so we're just going to get rid of stylistic differences as a whole now. Great. Wonderful. We don't need to do this. We do not need to do this to those genes at all, just as we did not need to do it to Paisley. Excellent. Augh. I have a lot of thoughts right now, several of them not fit for the site (just a lot of swearing, really), but to sum the thoughts up: it really feels like we're not being listened to. At all. Even Sandsurges got hit with a surprise, unwarned change today with Blend on the headfins. It kinda hurts! [/quote] I-- ok. I'm not touching Auraboas until these changes have been completed and dust has settled. And I say this as someone who has been beelining to Auraboas for recent scrying as I comb through over 500 dragons, mostly G1s, to decide whether or not I'm keeping them. I genuinely enjoy the way things are now gened, with mane being treated as mane. This is making me reconsider how I interact with future releases (negatively). [b]EDIT:[/b] it seems they walked these back, the gene error thread no longer says this, and specifically says breakup is working as intended. personally, i'm still leery-- feels like miscommunication, at best. which is part of my whole issue with this, poor communication between artists gene expression & staff. [quote=Undel]Secondary: Hypnotic on Auraboa F & H are missing some of the spots on the wing-hands. Secondary: Breakup on Auraboa having lines in the upper portion of the wings was reported as an error and was briefly listed as one. However, upon further review we found that it remains consistent with the Skydancer treatment of the wings and we will not be making changes to these stripes (barring technical errors.)[/quote] [quote name="fatui" date="2024-02-21 02:26:27" ] they are actively ignoring us, at least for right now made a comment on their latest instagram post asking them to at least acknowledge everything that's being said in this thread and others. they obviously saw it, deleted the comment, and then turned off comments for all of their posts while yes i probably should have sent in a ticket or whatever, i thought i would at least Try to make them aware of what was going on since they seem to just actively be ignoring us, and now i think that is genuinely the case. support to keep this on topic but i just thought i would share. there is a high chance we are just going to get ignored about this as undel has made several posts since this thread went active and seemingly no response from her or anyone else in sight, not even forum mods. truly disheartening. [/quote] Adding this quote, as it's concerning.
azurebolt wrote on 2024-02-20 22:45:55:
Lychen wrote on 2024-02-20 22:33:23:
Oh, and for anyone who's not actively stalking the Gene Error thread, you should know they're now planning to alter Breakup and Hypnotic as they've done with Paisley.
Undel on the Gene Error thread wrote:
  • Secondary: Breakup on Auraboa should only have the stripes applied to the crest and is missing patterning in the upper wings.
  • Secondary: Hypnotic on Auraboa F & H are missing some of the spots on the wing-hands. The upper wings on all should have the hypnotic pattern applied to them.
Alright, great, so we're just going to get rid of stylistic differences as a whole now. Great. Wonderful. We don't need to do this. We do not need to do this to those genes at all, just as we did not need to do it to Paisley. Excellent. Augh.

I have a lot of thoughts right now, several of them not fit for the site (just a lot of swearing, really), but to sum the thoughts up: it really feels like we're not being listened to. At all. Even Sandsurges got hit with a surprise, unwarned change today with Blend on the headfins. It kinda hurts!

I-- ok. I'm not touching Auraboas until these changes have been completed and dust has settled. And I say this as someone who has been beelining to Auraboas for recent scrying as I comb through over 500 dragons, mostly G1s, to decide whether or not I'm keeping them. I genuinely enjoy the way things are now gened, with mane being treated as mane. This is making me reconsider how I interact with future releases (negatively).

EDIT: it seems they walked these back, the gene error thread no longer says this, and specifically says breakup is working as intended. personally, i'm still leery-- feels like miscommunication, at best. which is part of my whole issue with this, poor communication between artists gene expression & staff.
Undel wrote:
Secondary: Hypnotic on Auraboa F & H are missing some of the spots on the wing-hands.

Secondary: Breakup on Auraboa having lines in the upper portion of the wings was reported as an error and was briefly listed as one. However, upon further review we found that it remains consistent with the Skydancer treatment of the wings and we will not be making changes to these stripes (barring technical errors.)

fatui wrote on 2024-02-21 02:26:27:
they are actively ignoring us, at least for right now

made a comment on their latest instagram post asking them to at least acknowledge everything that's being said in this thread and others. they obviously saw it, deleted the comment, and then turned off comments for all of their posts

while yes i probably should have sent in a ticket or whatever, i thought i would at least Try to make them aware of what was going on since they seem to just actively be ignoring us, and now i think that is genuinely the case.

support to keep this on topic but i just thought i would share. there is a high chance we are just going to get ignored about this as undel has made several posts since this thread went active and seemingly no response from her or anyone else in sight, not even forum mods.

truly disheartening.

Adding this quote, as it's concerning.
UBaiWUV.png
Pgv53XB.png
cFHVk5Q.png
HugYtfH.png
×××× sushi ghoul - they/them - i identify as tired ××××
gem sales thread | sushi's ghouls - hatchery
semi-hiatus
lair revamp sales thread (upcoming)
mlHpBMC.png
ZwbGqUa.png
omKpPgG.png
qeWy3Ik.png
Support, support, support. This is just another entry in the trend of gene features people enjoy getting supremely messed up, for the sake of "consistency" or some supposed "bug" that needs fixing. Also, it just makes no sense whatsoever to get rid of the dark+extra glossy pattern on the head crest and tail as every other breed has that- so much for consistency!

The lack of listening to how the community perceives these things, even after several other instances of this exact thing happening, is extremely disappointing.
Support, support, support. This is just another entry in the trend of gene features people enjoy getting supremely messed up, for the sake of "consistency" or some supposed "bug" that needs fixing. Also, it just makes no sense whatsoever to get rid of the dark+extra glossy pattern on the head crest and tail as every other breed has that- so much for consistency!

The lack of listening to how the community perceives these things, even after several other instances of this exact thing happening, is extremely disappointing.
Ly | It/its | FRT+ 0 | 22
Art shop
[quote name="Sushimonsterr" date="2024-02-21 04:23:05" ] [quote name="fatui" date="2024-02-21 02:26:27" ] they are actively ignoring us, at least for right now made a comment on their latest instagram post asking them to at least acknowledge everything that's being said in this thread and others. they obviously saw it, deleted the comment, and then turned off comments for all of their posts while yes i probably should have sent in a ticket or whatever, i thought i would at least Try to make them aware of what was going on since they seem to just actively be ignoring us, and now i think that is genuinely the case. support to keep this on topic but i just thought i would share. there is a high chance we are just going to get ignored about this as undel has made several posts since this thread went active and seemingly no response from her or anyone else in sight, not even forum mods. truly disheartening. [/quote] Adding this quote, as it's concerning. [/quote] This has seemingly been a wild change in character for them, so I'm holding out that they're preparing a statement of some kind? The fact they're leaving these Suggestions threads up when they've clearly seen them (as evidenced by them changing the error listings of Hypnotic and Breakup) means they're not going full censorship. Which is... good........
Sushimonsterr wrote on 2024-02-21 04:23:05:
fatui wrote on 2024-02-21 02:26:27:
they are actively ignoring us, at least for right now

made a comment on their latest instagram post asking them to at least acknowledge everything that's being said in this thread and others. they obviously saw it, deleted the comment, and then turned off comments for all of their posts

while yes i probably should have sent in a ticket or whatever, i thought i would at least Try to make them aware of what was going on since they seem to just actively be ignoring us, and now i think that is genuinely the case.

support to keep this on topic but i just thought i would share. there is a high chance we are just going to get ignored about this as undel has made several posts since this thread went active and seemingly no response from her or anyone else in sight, not even forum mods.

truly disheartening.

Adding this quote, as it's concerning.

This has seemingly been a wild change in character for them, so I'm holding out that they're preparing a statement of some kind? The fact they're leaving these Suggestions threads up when they've clearly seen them (as evidenced by them changing the error listings of Hypnotic and Breakup) means they're not going full censorship. Which is... good........
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
[quote name="DeathbyPixelz" date="2024-02-21 05:43:02" ] This has seemingly been a wild change in character for them, so I'm holding out that they're preparing a statement of some kind? The fact they're leaving these Suggestions threads up when they've clearly seen them (as evidenced by them changing the error listings of Hypnotic and Breakup) means they're not going full censorship. Which is... good........ [/quote] I agree; even with previous complaints about lack of transparency this seems shockingly extreme, especially over an issue that seems like it would be fairly trivial on their end. Here's hoping.
DeathbyPixelz wrote on 2024-02-21 05:43:02:
This has seemingly been a wild change in character for them, so I'm holding out that they're preparing a statement of some kind? The fact they're leaving these Suggestions threads up when they've clearly seen them (as evidenced by them changing the error listings of Hypnotic and Breakup) means they're not going full censorship. Which is... good........

I agree; even with previous complaints about lack of transparency this seems shockingly extreme, especially over an issue that seems like it would be fairly trivial on their end. Here's hoping.
No shot the previous version was actually bugged. It legitimately feels like they thought Fern/Paisley looked "too nice" for free genes lol. Breakup and Diamondback use the same exact "mane" template for the wings and are considered working as intended. Come on.

Supported obviously. I loved how Paisley looked on Auras before this "fix".
No shot the previous version was actually bugged. It legitimately feels like they thought Fern/Paisley looked "too nice" for free genes lol. Breakup and Diamondback use the same exact "mane" template for the wings and are considered working as intended. Come on.

Supported obviously. I loved how Paisley looked on Auras before this "fix".

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
Wanted to pop back in here in regards to some of the posts talking about responses on social media, as someone who manages social media posts for a small petsite.

First, who runs the socials may be a volunteer, or may not be a decision maker on staff. It may not be in their wheelhouse to respond. Also, it is not great form to respond to a social media post and not on site- if we are talking about how we are disappointed in communication, the last thing I would want is for a statement of any kind to be made offsite where it is even more easily missed by players than the forums. At most, I might expect something to the effect of 'keep an eye on site for a statement soon', but that may not have been decided yet. Do I think that was handled perfectly? No. And im still really hoping for a response and/or poll here. But I wanted to give some insight in particular as to why there would not be a response I'm that avenue.

And also to keep if more on topic, keeping the top feathers as mane details would be my preference for genes overall for auraboas. Though I will say, while i would like paisley (and fern tbh, the new highlights are distracting compared to the contoured old ones) reverted, I would prefer other aura genes to remain as is other than actual art errors. While art fixes can take awhile, sweeping changes like this months down the line are clearly very frustrating. Unless there is a way to really highlight what is changing in scrying or with an announce, or even remove the gene until it is updated, then i really think these big changes need to not happen once a gene is released.
Wanted to pop back in here in regards to some of the posts talking about responses on social media, as someone who manages social media posts for a small petsite.

First, who runs the socials may be a volunteer, or may not be a decision maker on staff. It may not be in their wheelhouse to respond. Also, it is not great form to respond to a social media post and not on site- if we are talking about how we are disappointed in communication, the last thing I would want is for a statement of any kind to be made offsite where it is even more easily missed by players than the forums. At most, I might expect something to the effect of 'keep an eye on site for a statement soon', but that may not have been decided yet. Do I think that was handled perfectly? No. And im still really hoping for a response and/or poll here. But I wanted to give some insight in particular as to why there would not be a response I'm that avenue.

And also to keep if more on topic, keeping the top feathers as mane details would be my preference for genes overall for auraboas. Though I will say, while i would like paisley (and fern tbh, the new highlights are distracting compared to the contoured old ones) reverted, I would prefer other aura genes to remain as is other than actual art errors. While art fixes can take awhile, sweeping changes like this months down the line are clearly very frustrating. Unless there is a way to really highlight what is changing in scrying or with an announce, or even remove the gene until it is updated, then i really think these big changes need to not happen once a gene is released.
CVX0Ylh.png
It looked so good before I wanna cry... it's such a massive change they've made... ugh.... all my support for reverting/all my support for a poll like with Obelisk Flair (which I was also really disappointed with when they 'fixed')
It looked so good before I wanna cry... it's such a massive change they've made... ugh.... all my support for reverting/all my support for a poll like with Obelisk Flair (which I was also really disappointed with when they 'fixed')
Full support. Treating that layer of feathers as part of the mane is half the reason why I like Auraboas, and Fern/Paisley looked great before this change.
Full support. Treating that layer of feathers as part of the mane is half the reason why I like Auraboas, and Fern/Paisley looked great before this change.
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40