Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | revert auraboa fern/paisley
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 39 40
PLEASE change Auraboa's fern/paisley genes back, this change is so unneeded, and now paisley looks really flat on the boas :(
PLEASE change Auraboa's fern/paisley genes back, this change is so unneeded, and now paisley looks really flat on the boas :(
wwwwwwalphagamma.png ← wishlist
ll0CfnD.png
G8AyR6r.png
Mq6kNcy.png
they/them
[b]immense support.[/b] it's stuff like this that makes me not want to bother interacting with brand new breed releases. it's really feeling like more recent releases have had [i]every[/i] gene bugged or [i]'not up to standards'[/i], which only makes me question why things are getting released in such states to begin with. either something in the pipeline is failing the team, or things are not getting QA'd properly. or both. it's incredibly frustrating. edit: [img]https://files.catbox.moe/qa2pws.png[/img] [img]https://files.catbox.moe/wcpeon.png[/img] i am confusion. why is the [u]OFFICIAL SKIN TEMPLATE[/u] mane classification of the wing now being ignored. america explain.
immense support.

it's stuff like this that makes me not want to bother interacting with brand new breed releases. it's really feeling like more recent releases have had every gene bugged or 'not up to standards', which only makes me question why things are getting released in such states to begin with.

either something in the pipeline is failing the team, or things are not getting QA'd properly. or both. it's incredibly frustrating.

edit:

qa2pws.png

wcpeon.png

i am confusion. why is the OFFICIAL SKIN TEMPLATE mane classification of the wing now being ignored. america explain.
nzqnkq.png
I don't have a before image(thought I did, but I don't). I had one NOTN hatch that had a scry for paisley that I was leaning towards specifically because the shiny patch darkened the pink color. Now it doesn't and I'll def be looking at the other breed scries. it's a shame. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=27&bodygene=261&breed=24&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=96&tertgene=219&winggene=244&wings=164&auth=d9402b139c0420fffb704b7fb6b75f4bc685e4e1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Support for putting it back. If staff can revert flair they can revert paisley
I don't have a before image(thought I did, but I don't). I had one NOTN hatch that had a scry for paisley that I was leaning towards specifically because the shiny patch darkened the pink color. Now it doesn't and I'll def be looking at the other breed scries. it's a shame.
dragon?age=1&body=27&bodygene=261&breed=24&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=96&tertgene=219&winggene=244&wings=164&auth=d9402b139c0420fffb704b7fb6b75f4bc685e4e1&dummyext=prev.png
Support for putting it back. If staff can revert flair they can revert paisley
in7SefG.png
Support, the "fixed" version made fern/paisley too flat and busy looking. This is just Obs flair all over again
Support, the "fixed" version made fern/paisley too flat and busy looking. This is just Obs flair all over again
Cerdae262_D58-1_56-1_112_0_2_0flip_1.png L'luca/Soma | He/They
- Wishlistx - Skin Shop
- wipxxxcx - wip
Seeing the comparisons, I also prefer the old version of paisley on Auraboas.
Seeing the comparisons, I also prefer the old version of paisley on Auraboas.
3P334Mh.gifur1aRQ7.gifXT6s1Yv.gif5hHSdlu.gifNyJQIV5.gif
Support… I think minor variations across breeds, especially with unique anatomy like auraboas, is inevitable. Even on modern breeds with relatively similar anatomy we have some pretty significant variation: [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=136&wings=22&auth=8d129f8088944b73f4f43266a06938a8a0dbb0ec&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=136&wings=22&auth=a112f1fc06da87c57a263760ad307e6d2abba56b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] If Pearlcatchers and Obelisks can be considered “consistent” with wildly different art for this gene, I would argue that a minor difference like this is probably best left alone. Not only was the originally significantly more aesthetically pleasing, it also made the art a lot more readable on a breed that has a pretty complicated silhouette.
Support… I think minor variations across breeds, especially with unique anatomy like auraboas, is inevitable. Even on modern breeds with relatively similar anatomy we have some pretty significant variation:
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=136&wings=22&auth=8d129f8088944b73f4f43266a06938a8a0dbb0ec&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=136&wings=22&auth=a112f1fc06da87c57a263760ad307e6d2abba56b&dummyext=prev.png

If Pearlcatchers and Obelisks can be considered “consistent” with wildly different art for this gene, I would argue that a minor difference like this is probably best left alone. Not only was the originally significantly more aesthetically pleasing, it also made the art a lot more readable on a breed that has a pretty complicated silhouette.
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
[quote name="Cirrostratus" date="2024-02-19 14:18:28" ] Support… I think minor variations across breeds, especially with unique anatomy like auraboas, is inevitable. Even on modern breeds with relatively similar anatomy we have some pretty significant variation: [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=136&wings=22&auth=8d129f8088944b73f4f43266a06938a8a0dbb0ec&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=136&wings=22&auth=a112f1fc06da87c57a263760ad307e6d2abba56b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] If Pearlcatchers and Obelisks can be considered “consistent” with wildly different art for this gene, I would argue that a minor difference like this is probably best left alone. Not only was the originally significantly more aesthetically pleasing, it also made the art a lot more readable on a breed that has a pretty complicated silhouette. [/quote] absolutely, couldn’t have said it better myself. it’s not a bad thing to have variations of a gene across different breeds, and the obelisk vs pearlcatcher paisley differences, both being modern breeds, are a good example of a difference that went unaltered but bring some fresh variation to the gene art. i support reverting paisley back to what it was for auraboas (though maybe still having the shininess reduced, since that was something that bothered me, personally).
Cirrostratus wrote on 2024-02-19 14:18:28:
Support… I think minor variations across breeds, especially with unique anatomy like auraboas, is inevitable. Even on modern breeds with relatively similar anatomy we have some pretty significant variation:
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=136&wings=22&auth=8d129f8088944b73f4f43266a06938a8a0dbb0ec&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=136&wings=22&auth=a112f1fc06da87c57a263760ad307e6d2abba56b&dummyext=prev.png

If Pearlcatchers and Obelisks can be considered “consistent” with wildly different art for this gene, I would argue that a minor difference like this is probably best left alone. Not only was the originally significantly more aesthetically pleasing, it also made the art a lot more readable on a breed that has a pretty complicated silhouette.

absolutely, couldn’t have said it better myself. it’s not a bad thing to have variations of a gene across different breeds, and the obelisk vs pearlcatcher paisley differences, both being modern breeds, are a good example of a difference that went unaltered but bring some fresh variation to the gene art.

i support reverting paisley back to what it was for auraboas (though maybe still having the shininess reduced, since that was something that bothered me, personally).
A drawing of a blue and yellow Spiral dragon (art by me). Click to go to the dragon! | @Quebeal
| ♦ ¤ ——−−--
|
|
| FR +1 DST
| Any pronouns
| My current avatar dragon!
| Hey there! I wish you a great day.
———-Recolored treeshroud icon by yascherritsa. Click for resource thread!
Wow. Support both for reverting & for someone's suggestion to broadcast big gene changes like this on the main page. I'm going to have to re-gene one of my g1 boas because going from this [img]https://i.imgur.com/9Bckr2H.png[/img] to this [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/908128/90812766_350.png[/img] is just. Yikes. And it seems silly to expect thousands of users to consistently check the forums about these sorts of things, especially when it doesn't even look like a bug.
Wow. Support both for reverting & for someone's suggestion to broadcast big gene changes like this on the main page. I'm going to have to re-gene one of my g1 boas because going from
this
9Bckr2H.png
to this
90812766_350.png
is just. Yikes. And it seems silly to expect thousands of users to consistently check the forums about these sorts of things, especially when it doesn't even look like a bug.
Light-Network.png
I uh used 2-3 paisley genes on non gen one auras

Which yeah they were free notn genes (and I still have 20ish left)

But please slow gene releases and check harder for bugs
(Or just don't update without a poll like gaolers flair
I uh used 2-3 paisley genes on non gen one auras

Which yeah they were free notn genes (and I still have 20ish left)

But please slow gene releases and check harder for bugs
(Or just don't update without a poll like gaolers flair
FULL 100000% SUPPORT!!
FULL 100000% SUPPORT!!
~Check out my profile for trades!~
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 39 40