Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | everyone say thank you ugly apparel
1 2 3
[quote name="Natron" date="2024-02-15 05:57:29" ] I have a feeling this is the phenomenon of plentiful things becoming ugly or obnoxious to people which is quite unfortunate. "Familiarity breeds contempt" at its finest. I just transmute whatever I have the most of AND it sells for cheap, even though I might use some of it. Thank you, wraps, for being useful in my outfits and occasionally in my cauldron. Thank you, steel armour, for being useful in my outfits and in my cauldron also. Thank you, eastern armour- [/quote] Just quoting this because I've got very little apparel I'll dump in the cauldron without also having had it on a dragon as well— I had the Hindcallouses on a dragon before the Segmented Murkmire set came out and ended up being a better colormatch. [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1] But I still love any apparel that comes to me easily and without having to buy it, because it saves me so much work, and I need those Slimes so much. In fact, thank you for the reminder, I probably used up a bunch and should work on melting down some of my cheap apparel again!
Natron wrote on 2024-02-15 05:57:29:
I have a feeling this is the phenomenon of plentiful things becoming ugly or obnoxious to people which is quite unfortunate. "Familiarity breeds contempt" at its finest.

I just transmute whatever I have the most of AND it sells for cheap, even though I might use some of it.

Thank you, wraps, for being useful in my outfits and occasionally in my cauldron. Thank you, steel armour, for being useful in my outfits and in my cauldron also. Thank you, eastern armour-

Just quoting this because I've got very little apparel I'll dump in the cauldron without also having had it on a dragon as well— I had the Hindcallouses on a dragon before the Segmented Murkmire set came out and ended up being a better colormatch.

But I still love any apparel that comes to me easily and without having to buy it, because it saves me so much work, and I need those Slimes so much. In fact, thank you for the reminder, I probably used up a bunch and should work on melting down some of my cheap apparel again!
[quote name="LittleParade" date="2024-02-15 07:32:55" ] Thank you teardrop apparel (not ugly but they are so small you can barely see them on most dragons lmao) [/quote] This. The very low hoardsell value makes it more valuable to melt down, if you can't sell it to someone else as Baldwin fodder.
LittleParade wrote on 2024-02-15 07:32:55:
Thank you teardrop apparel (not ugly but they are so small you can barely see them on most dragons lmao)
This. The very low hoardsell value makes it more valuable to melt down, if you can't sell it to someone else as Baldwin fodder.
Anim-spiral.gifx lore clan
spiral fan
rp friendly
for sale
free tiny buttons
xcorgi with feather pen
[quote name="NobleLycanthrope" date="2024-02-15 06:19:59" ] [quote name="Natron" date="2024-02-15 05:57:29" ] I have a feeling this is the phenomenon of plentiful things becoming ugly or obnoxious to people which is quite unfortunate. "Familiarity breeds contempt" at its finest. [/quote] [Item=Plasmpool Forecallouses] [item=Plasmpool Hindcallouses] except these, they really are hideous and my contempt for them is natural [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] [/quote] I think they can be a fun Plague-type apparel; useful, but decidedly not everyone's cup of tea, haha. :] Although te red version fits a lot of those colorschemes better and looks gnarlier to boot- shame it's the gem set, though...
NobleLycanthrope wrote on 2024-02-15 06:19:59:
I have a feeling this is the phenomenon of plentiful things becoming ugly or obnoxious to people which is quite unfortunate. "Familiarity breeds contempt" at its finest.

Plasmpool Forecallouses Plasmpool Hindcallouses except these, they really are hideous and my contempt for them is natural

I think they can be a fun Plague-type apparel; useful, but decidedly not everyone's cup of tea, haha. :] Although te red version fits a lot of those colorschemes better and looks gnarlier to boot- shame it's the gem set, though...
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
[quote name="Natron" date="2024-02-15 05:57:29" ] I have a feeling this is the phenomenon of plentiful things becoming ugly or obnoxious to people which is quite unfortunate. "Familiarity breeds contempt" at its finest. [/quote] there's lots of plentiful apparel that I adore in outfits AND in my pot (e.g. the glowing NotN orbs and the entire woeful set). big shout-out to apparel that is great in all ways. however I do have an irrational seething dislike of all bows (not henry bows, those are great, but like bowtie bows) and actively enjoy melting them [item=pretty purple head bow]
there's lots of plentiful apparel that I adore in outfits AND in my pot (e.g. the glowing NotN orbs and the entire woeful set). big shout-out to apparel that is great in all ways.

however I do have an irrational seething dislike of all bows (not henry bows, those are great, but like bowtie bows) and actively enjoy melting them
Pretty Purple Head Bow
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Thank you, Nebula Starsilks and Withering Carousel apparel! They're gorgeous and I have them on some of my dragons but I end up with tons of them from Mire training.
Thank you, Nebula Starsilks and Withering Carousel apparel! They're gorgeous and I have them on some of my dragons but I end up with tons of them from Mire training.
zqDx8gm.png mysticmeat.gif
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/53738.png[/img] Thank you Conjured Timepiece for being so abundant and in a color most of my dragons will never use.
53738.png

Thank you Conjured Timepiece for being so abundant and in a color most of my dragons will never use.

tumblr_ozl54fdz7Q1wvvm88o2_100.png t0QOcry.png
thank you dress apparel i love having tons of mats
thank you dress apparel i love having tons of mats
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
Thank you woodtreads and the other hideous stuff related to it! [emoji=aether tongue size=1]
Thank you woodtreads and the other hideous stuff related to it!
Ap6eiOc.png
Thank you clockwork! Thank you linen strips! Thank you dented iron armor! Thank you bizarrely tiny jewelry bits!
Thank you clockwork! Thank you linen strips! Thank you dented iron armor! Thank you bizarrely tiny jewelry bits!
She/Her. On a semi-hiatus.
Wy0IOy1.png
[quote name="EPICdragon99" date="2024-02-15 09:16:45" ] [quote name="NobleLycanthrope" date="2024-02-15 06:19:59" ] [quote name="Natron" date="2024-02-15 05:57:29" ] I have a feeling this is the phenomenon of plentiful things becoming ugly or obnoxious to people which is quite unfortunate. "Familiarity breeds contempt" at its finest. [/quote] [Item=Plasmpool Forecallouses] [item=Plasmpool Hindcallouses] except these, they really are hideous and my contempt for them is natural [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] [/quote] I think they can be a fun Plague-type apparel; useful, but decidedly not everyone's cup of tea, haha. :] Although te red version fits a lot of those colorschemes better and looks gnarlier to boot- shame it's the gem set, though... [/quote] I love the set LOL. I think the art looks very high quality, and I like this spoopy aesthetic! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89891624][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/898917/89891624_350.png[/img][/url]
EPICdragon99 wrote on 2024-02-15 09:16:45:
NobleLycanthrope wrote on 2024-02-15 06:19:59:

Plasmpool Forecallouses Plasmpool Hindcallouses except these, they really are hideous and my contempt for them is natural

I think they can be a fun Plague-type apparel; useful, but decidedly not everyone's cup of tea, haha. :] Although te red version fits a lot of those colorschemes better and looks gnarlier to boot- shame it's the gem set, though...

I love the set LOL. I think the art looks very high quality, and I like this spoopy aesthetic!

89891624_350.png
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
1 2 3