Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [FR RP] The Plague'd Market
1 2 3 4 5
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80694090][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/806941/80694090_350.png[/img][/url] "Free? W-why?" The pearlcatcher eyed the shadow fox spirits, she had to admit they were cool but still remained untrustworthy all the same. "Dragons don't give free food around here, what's the catch?" She took a seat anyways, figuring a chance at a free meal was better than having someone take this spot before she could. The gemstones she had been given were still in her claws although she made an effort to not show them off. Stel eyed his chains and her eyes widened. She leaned in, "You know, if someone's makin' ya do this, we can bust ya out of here." That was the only reason she could think of as to why a guardian would be giving away free food and wearing chains. That, or he was just weird. @KarrotTop ———
80694090_350.png

"Free? W-why?"
The pearlcatcher eyed the shadow fox spirits, she had to admit they were cool but still remained untrustworthy all the same. "Dragons don't give free food around here, what's the catch?"

She took a seat anyways, figuring a chance at a free meal was better than having someone take this spot before she could. The gemstones she had been given were still in her claws although she made an effort to not show them off. Stel eyed his chains and her eyes widened.

She leaned in, "You know, if someone's makin' ya do this, we can bust ya out of here."
That was the only reason she could think of as to why a guardian would be giving away free food and wearing chains. That, or he was just weird.

@KarrotTop

———
a4c78f3334cb95c4fc6eac8df982625406bc556fr1-100-100_hq.gif mkyCRvi.png
ipnEeR0.png
B18_L.pngo63-d1-The-Plastic-Tree.pngo63-d2-The-Plastic-Tree.pngo63-d3-The-Plastic-Tree.pngo63-d4-The-Plastic-Tree.pngm38-book.pngo63-d5-The-Plastic-Tree.png
B18_R.png
5PD8YiF.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81916090][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/819161/81916090_350.png[/img][/url] @NikTheBug Reeve listened attentively to the Mirror's description, his headfeathers fluffing up in interest. He leaned slightly to examine the skull as the Mirror held it up, humming thoughtfully. "Oh, that's definitely a Fae skull," he murmured, half to himself and half to the strange Mirror. "Any other species of that size would have visible horns.." [i]This is a very weird shopkeeper even without the dragon bones and the fake products, and you know enough about monsters to be.. interesting,[/i] he thought but didn't say. Instead, he held out the paw that wasn't holding the fake bone. "Ah, but where are my manners? I'm Reeve."
81916090_350.png
@NikTheBug

Reeve listened attentively to the Mirror's description, his headfeathers fluffing up in interest. He leaned slightly to examine the skull as the Mirror held it up, humming thoughtfully.

"Oh, that's definitely a Fae skull," he murmured, half to himself and half to the strange Mirror. "Any other species of that size would have visible horns.."

This is a very weird shopkeeper even without the dragon bones and the fake products, and you know enough about monsters to be.. interesting, he thought but didn't say. Instead, he held out the paw that wasn't holding the fake bone. "Ah, but where are my manners? I'm Reeve."

qN1OyUr.png
P9aWhak.png
k0y5XOQ.png
CIvQ3bf.png
LRdLP2V.png
a5jtoDO.png
@ThePlasticTree @mysterybox11 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92174416][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/921745/92174416_350.png[/img][/url] The guardian turned to look at Estella with his eyes that portrayed a gentle demeanor. “No catch. Just food.” He chuckled and turned back to to the counter, then handed Corin a steaming plate of rice and spiced and steamed veggies, he’d taken care to exclude fire lilies, too. ;) He turned back to Estella. “You want the same? Or I can make you something different...” (He’s basically what Estella thinks to be weird XD)
@ThePlasticTree @mysterybox11

92174416_350.png

The guardian turned to look at Estella with his eyes that portrayed a gentle demeanor. “No catch. Just food.” He chuckled and turned back to to the counter, then handed Corin a steaming plate of rice and spiced and steamed veggies, he’d taken care to exclude fire lilies, too. ;)

He turned back to Estella. “You want the same? Or I can make you something different...”

(He’s basically what Estella thinks to be weird XD)
I’d love if you stopped by!
Hatchery
Art Shop
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76257397][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/762574/76257397_350.png[/img][/url] @caelafireheart @NikTheBug ------ "[i]Hmmm, that is true. But the elements are not as much a determinant in thaumaturgic abilities as was previously believed. You know that's what I'm writing my thesis abo–[/i]" Scold interrupted Bridle, a weird sight to see someone talking over someone with the same mouth. "[b]You two can nerd out later, and uh, that skull there, uh its plaster. Yeah yeah not very genuine, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to trust someone as ugly as me.[/b]" They chuckled to themselves. "[b]Didn't even kill anyone of those bones, our mom's a fancy scientist and sometimes she gives us the left-overs. Anyway enough sad-sacking. I'm Scold, the huckster amongst us, the handsome one.[/b] [i]And I'm Bridle, the smart one. This business isn't going so hot, so why don't we all go get something eat. We all eat seafood, right?[/i]
76257397_350.png
@caelafireheart @NikTheBug
"Hmmm, that is true. But the elements are not as much a determinant in thaumaturgic abilities as was previously believed. You know that's what I'm writing my thesis abo–"
Scold interrupted Bridle, a weird sight to see someone talking over someone with the same mouth.
"You two can nerd out later, and uh, that skull there, uh its plaster. Yeah yeah not very genuine, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to trust someone as ugly as me." They chuckled to themselves.
"Didn't even kill anyone of those bones, our mom's a fancy scientist and sometimes she gives us the left-overs. Anyway enough sad-sacking. I'm Scold, the huckster amongst us, the handsome one. And I'm Bridle, the smart one. This business isn't going so hot, so why don't we all go get something eat. We all eat seafood, right?
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
(I have no idea why but Scold and Bridle giving up as soon as two dragons who know what they're talking about start questioning them is so funny to me, theyre cutting their losses so fast) _________ [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88317203][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/883173/88317203_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Dude flinched a bit at the paw, but that was out of instinct more than anything. He scolded himself internally a bit for that, still not having unlearned these things after being away from there for so long. Right after the flinch he quickly grabbed the paw to assure the coatl he wasn't scared or intimidated. [i]"Just call me Dude, or Guy maybe. Im just your everyMan."[/i] He gave a disarming smile, and it was genuine. His knowledge might be comcerning but he himself never really... asked for it. Turning to the Shopkeepers, he listened to them insterrupting themselves, and their posture slightly change as they... actually start to just admit the truth. He widened his eyes at that, glamcing back down at the skull as its origin was explained. Left-overs of labs that probably have less-than ethical testing. Reminds him of the quarantine zones and their thousand laboratories and tests, many he had to watch. He can remember- His bug wings on the head flutter a bit at some discomfort before they looked up to the offer of dinner. [i]"Yeah-"[/i] he clears his throat a bit [i]"There- I have seen lots of stands here, tho i think we'd all be fine with any."[/i] He moves his paws around his eyes, pointing at the eye color. [i]"We cant really get sick so we're safe back here, i think."[/i] He smiles at the two again. He hasnt eaten the whole day anyway, so he could use something to gnaw on. ------- @caelafireheart @Strangeflesh
(I have no idea why but Scold and Bridle giving up as soon as two dragons who know what they're
talking about start questioning them is so funny to me, theyre cutting their losses so fast)
_________
88317203_350.png
Dude flinched a bit at the paw, but that was out of instinct more than anything. He scolded himself internally a bit for that, still not having unlearned these things after being away from there for so long. Right after the flinch he quickly grabbed the paw to assure the coatl he wasn't scared or intimidated.
"Just call me Dude, or Guy maybe. Im just your everyMan."
He gave a disarming smile, and it was genuine. His knowledge might be comcerning but he himself never really... asked for it.

Turning to the Shopkeepers, he listened to them insterrupting themselves, and their posture slightly change as they... actually start to just admit the truth. He widened his eyes at that, glamcing back down at the skull as its origin was explained. Left-overs of labs that probably have less-than ethical testing. Reminds him of the quarantine zones and their thousand laboratories and tests, many he had to watch. He can remember-

His bug wings on the head flutter a bit at some discomfort before they looked up to the offer of dinner.
"Yeah-" he clears his throat a bit "There- I have seen lots of stands here, tho i think we'd all be fine with any." He moves his paws around his eyes, pointing at the eye color. "We cant really get sick so we're safe back here, i think." He smiles at the two again. He hasnt eaten the whole day anyway, so he could use something to gnaw on.
@caelafireheart @Strangeflesh
> About me
> Lore (WIP)
> Wishlist
> tba
> Safe a derg from yeeting?
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80694090][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/806941/80694090_350.png[/img][/url] The pearlcatcher watched the gaurdian's movements intently for any signs of tampering with the food, she saw nothing amiss of course, but it didn't waive her suspicions much. Stel had always been the suspicious type, especially in a place like this, where pickpockets and unsavory folk like her like her existed. If this was a scam, it was a new one to her. Still, she wasn't going to pass up the opportunity just in case... It [I]did[/I] smell really good. "y-yeah, that looks great actually." It was then that she realized her mouth was watering, when had she last eaten a home cooked meal? It had been a long time, that's for sure. And this dragon looked... kind? She wasn't sure how to describe it but it put her at ease. She was still weary though, she eyed at the tundra beside her, curious to see if he would eat his presented meal. This all seemed... odd. There had to be a catch right? What was in it for him? Her mind swirled with questions but she remained silent in her seat, hoping to not squander her opportunity if this [i]was[/i] real. She tucked the gemstones she had been given into her scarf for later. ——— @KarrotTop @mysterybox11
80694090_350.png

The pearlcatcher watched the gaurdian's movements intently for any signs of tampering with the food, she saw nothing amiss of course, but it didn't waive her suspicions much. Stel had always been the suspicious type, especially in a place like this, where pickpockets and unsavory folk like her like her existed. If this was a scam, it was a new one to her.

Still, she wasn't going to pass up the opportunity just in case... It did smell really good.

"y-yeah, that looks great actually." It was then that she realized her mouth was watering, when had she last eaten a home cooked meal? It had been a long time, that's for sure. And this dragon looked... kind? She wasn't sure how to describe it but it put her at ease.

She was still weary though, she eyed at the tundra beside her, curious to see if he would eat his presented meal. This all seemed... odd. There had to be a catch right? What was in it for him? Her mind swirled with questions but she remained silent in her seat, hoping to not squander her opportunity if this was real. She tucked the gemstones she had been given into her scarf for later.

———

@KarrotTop @mysterybox11
ipnEeR0.png
B18_L.pngo63-d1-The-Plastic-Tree.pngo63-d2-The-Plastic-Tree.pngo63-d3-The-Plastic-Tree.pngo63-d4-The-Plastic-Tree.pngm38-book.pngo63-d5-The-Plastic-Tree.png
B18_R.png
5PD8YiF.png
@KarrotTop @ThePlasticTree (Karrot, Yeah that makes sense, we can hold off on joining the main group. And that's good to know lol) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3308012/6#post_56075194][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3124943&skin=0&apparel=13078,4320,20556,17878,21045,10962,6031,327,6023,21858,35538&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] While Corin waited, another dragon showed up to the stall. This one was a female pearlcatcher by the looks of it. She was wearing quite a bit of coverage, though, so it was difficult to say for sure. Getting a better look, Corin realised she was quite small for her species,. Perhaps she was young? But what would a hatchling be doing alone in these parts? Thankfully, Corin's worries were quelled when the dragon spoke, revealing her age. When she sat at the counter, though, his worries came back full force. This dragon was clearly a local. If her outfit didn't give her away then it was definitely the way she spoke to the strange guardian. Corin did his best to avoid eye contact with her while trying not to be too obvious, though he wasn't doing to great on that second part. Luckily, it was around then that the guardian came back with his meal. White rice and steamed, spiced veggies. It smelled absolutely heavenly, so much so that Corin had to restrain himself from immediately diving in. "Thank you very much sir!" He said to the guardian. "It looks amazing." It was at this moment Corin noticed the shadow foxes at the guardian's feet. A little startled, he didn't react much besides hold his bag a little closer under his wing. He knew that many dragons had pets, himself included, but he was always a bit wary of canines and felines when his little guy was around. Attention back on his food, Corin scooped up some rice and took a sniff of it. It didn't smell like it was tainted or anything, so he cautiosly took a bite and gave it a few careful chews. Aside from being cooked to perfection, there was nothing of note about it. A good thing. Next was the spiced veggies. The seasonings on the various colorful greens made it hard to tell for sure, but Corin's strong nose likely would have no problem finding weird smells either way. When these, too, passed the smell test Corin gave them a quick taste as well. They were also absolutely delicious, if not more so. And Corin couldn't detect a hint of poison. "This is very delicious!" Corin said to the chef. After a couple more bites, he spoke up again. "If I may ask, why offer free food? Surely that doesn't earn you much money." When the guardian wasn't looking, Corin snuck a bite of rice to the bag on his side. After a few moments, a small brown beak poked out and pecked at the grains.
@KarrotTop @ThePlasticTree
(Karrot, Yeah that makes sense, we can hold off on joining the main group. And that's good to know lol)

scry?sdid=3124943&skin=0&apparel=13078,4320,20556,17878,21045,10962,6031,327,6023,21858,35538&xt=dressing.png

While Corin waited, another dragon showed up to the stall. This one was a female pearlcatcher by the looks of it. She was wearing quite a bit of coverage, though, so it was difficult to say for sure. Getting a better look, Corin realised she was quite small for her species,. Perhaps she was young? But what would a hatchling be doing alone in these parts?

Thankfully, Corin's worries were quelled when the dragon spoke, revealing her age. When she sat at the counter, though, his worries came back full force. This dragon was clearly a local. If her outfit didn't give her away then it was definitely the way she spoke to the strange guardian.

Corin did his best to avoid eye contact with her while trying not to be too obvious, though he wasn't doing to great on that second part. Luckily, it was around then that the guardian came back with his meal. White rice and steamed, spiced veggies. It smelled absolutely heavenly, so much so that Corin had to restrain himself from immediately diving in.

"Thank you very much sir!" He said to the guardian. "It looks amazing."

It was at this moment Corin noticed the shadow foxes at the guardian's feet. A little startled, he didn't react much besides hold his bag a little closer under his wing. He knew that many dragons had pets, himself included, but he was always a bit wary of canines and felines when his little guy was around.

Attention back on his food, Corin scooped up some rice and took a sniff of it. It didn't smell like it was tainted or anything, so he cautiosly took a bite and gave it a few careful chews. Aside from being cooked to perfection, there was nothing of note about it. A good thing.

Next was the spiced veggies. The seasonings on the various colorful greens made it hard to tell for sure, but Corin's strong nose likely would have no problem finding weird smells either way. When these, too, passed the smell test Corin gave them a quick taste as well. They were also absolutely delicious, if not more so. And Corin couldn't detect a hint of poison.

"This is very delicious!" Corin said to the chef. After a couple more bites, he spoke up again. "If I may ask, why offer free food? Surely that doesn't earn you much money."

When the guardian wasn't looking, Corin snuck a bite of rice to the bag on his side. After a few moments, a small brown beak poked out and pecked at the grains.

FR +2
@mysterybox11 @ThePlasticTree [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92174416][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/921745/92174416_350.png[/img][/url] The guardian smiled as Corin ate and asked the question, moving back to the surface he was using to cook to make something for the pearlcatcher. "It's hard to find decent and affordable food in a place like this, no? Why not provide. Besides, I don't need any money. I have enough as it is." Wh- why would he reveal that in a place like this?? Surely that would draw someone's attention? He didn't seem worried about it, though... He placed another steaming bowl of food in front of the pearlcatcher, before returning and coming back with two small side bowls, one full of delicious looking insects, and the other filled with small marinated bamboo shoots. He gave the insects to the pearlcatcher and the shoots to Corin. "Oh...and your little friend is safe. The foxes don't eat." He smiled.
@mysterybox11 @ThePlasticTree

92174416_350.png

The guardian smiled as Corin ate and asked the question, moving back to the surface he was using to cook to make something for the pearlcatcher. "It's hard to find decent and affordable food in a place like this, no? Why not provide. Besides, I don't need any money. I have enough as it is." Wh- why would he reveal that in a place like this?? Surely that would draw someone's attention? He didn't seem worried about it, though... He placed another steaming bowl of food in front of the pearlcatcher, before returning and coming back with two small side bowls, one full of delicious looking insects, and the other filled with small marinated bamboo shoots. He gave the insects to the pearlcatcher and the shoots to Corin.

"Oh...and your little friend is safe. The foxes don't eat." He smiled.
I’d love if you stopped by!
Hatchery
Art Shop
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81916090][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/819161/81916090_350.png[/img][/url] @NikTheBug @Strangeflesh Reeve made an almost disappointed face at ScoldBridle's words- he'd been looking forward to whatever story they concocted to make their wares sound believable. He leaned against the table as the shopkeepers and Dude introduced themselves. The sight of the two.. souls? personalities? squabbling didn't bother him much, as he'd had plenty of experience with Aberrations, but it was a bit unnerving for it to be happening in just one face. As the two dragons made plans to get a meal, he swapped the false bone he'd been holding with another bone lying on the table in what he hoped was a stealthy move. He wasn't a very skilled thief, but he was familiar enough that he hoped it would go unnoticed. His prize was a small skull maybe half the size of his palm- a bat skull, he thought, and a real one at that. After discreetly tucking it inside his cloak, he straightened and cleared his throat. "That sounds amenable to me. I'm not from these parts, so I'll trust one of you to lead the way?"
81916090_350.png

@NikTheBug @Strangeflesh

Reeve made an almost disappointed face at ScoldBridle's words- he'd been looking forward to whatever story they concocted to make their wares sound believable. He leaned against the table as the shopkeepers and Dude introduced themselves. The sight of the two.. souls? personalities? squabbling didn't bother him much, as he'd had plenty of experience with Aberrations, but it was a bit unnerving for it to be happening in just one face.

As the two dragons made plans to get a meal, he swapped the false bone he'd been holding with another bone lying on the table in what he hoped was a stealthy move. He wasn't a very skilled thief, but he was familiar enough that he hoped it would go unnoticed. His prize was a small skull maybe half the size of his palm- a bat skull, he thought, and a real one at that.

After discreetly tucking it inside his cloak, he straightened and cleared his throat. "That sounds amenable to me. I'm not from these parts, so I'll trust one of you to lead the way?"

qN1OyUr.png
P9aWhak.png
k0y5XOQ.png
CIvQ3bf.png
LRdLP2V.png
a5jtoDO.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80694090][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/806941/80694090_350.png[/img][/url] The guardian was right of course, it [i]was[/i] hard to find food around here, the plague wastes didn't offer much in terms of prey and the little bits of shrubbery that sprouted were usually poisonous or had some sort of ailment already. That didn't change much though, it was rare that dragons did things out of the kindness of their own hearts. She still couldn't figure out his game though. She noticed the tundra's hesitant glances at her and returned his gaze it with a very obvious stare. She watched intently as he took his first bites, hoping to notice something about why this food was free but alas, he seemed to enjoy it. He didn't seem poisoned or hurt at all, he didn't immediately spit it out. Stel's ears pricked at the rest of what the guardian had said though. He mentioned having enough already, was he rich or something? She didn't think so, dragons didn't get rich by giving their wealth away. Still, she couldn't help but see for herself. The pearlcatcher removed her mask and shoved her tangled mass of hair from her face, revealing bright, orange red eyes that marked her heritage from the scorched lands of the flamecaller. The smells of the food were much stronger now and her stomach grumbled again, she didn't want to be hasty though, hasty dragons made mistakes. She eyed the tundra again, and seeing that he still hadn't keeled over and died, she tried the food for herself, taking a small bit of the insects in the bowl presented to her. It was good... it was [b]really[/b] good. She found herself digging in, it didn't matter if it was a scam or not anymore, this was the best food she'd eaten in a long time. Stel's tail waved behind her in ecstasy as she tore into her portion of steamed rice, this was too good to be true. "Where'd ya get this stuff anyways? Not the plagueland's I assume-" She asked the question through a drooly mouthful of insects. After finishing the bite, she licked her claw tips clean and then the bowl, "I don't know who you are buddy but I like ya," ——— @KarrotTop @mysterybox11
80694090_350.png

The guardian was right of course, it was hard to find food around here, the plague wastes didn't offer much in terms of prey and the little bits of shrubbery that sprouted were usually poisonous or had some sort of ailment already. That didn't change much though, it was rare that dragons did things out of the kindness of their own hearts. She still couldn't figure out his game though.

She noticed the tundra's hesitant glances at her and returned his gaze it with a very obvious stare. She watched intently as he took his first bites, hoping to notice something about why this food was free but alas, he seemed to enjoy it. He didn't seem poisoned or hurt at all, he didn't immediately spit it out.

Stel's ears pricked at the rest of what the guardian had said though. He mentioned having enough already, was he rich or something? She didn't think so, dragons didn't get rich by giving their wealth away.

Still, she couldn't help but see for herself. The pearlcatcher removed her mask and shoved her tangled mass of hair from her face, revealing bright, orange red eyes that marked her heritage from the scorched lands of the flamecaller. The smells of the food were much stronger now and her stomach grumbled again, she didn't want to be hasty though, hasty dragons made mistakes. She eyed the tundra again, and seeing that he still hadn't keeled over and died, she tried the food for herself, taking a small bit of the insects in the bowl presented to her.

It was good... it was really good.

She found herself digging in, it didn't matter if it was a scam or not anymore, this was the best food she'd eaten in a long time. Stel's tail waved behind her in ecstasy as she
tore into her portion of steamed rice, this was too good to be true.

"Where'd ya get this stuff anyways? Not the plagueland's I assume-" She asked the question through a drooly mouthful of insects. After finishing the bite, she licked her claw tips clean and then the bowl, "I don't know who you are buddy but I like ya,"

———

@KarrotTop @mysterybox11
ipnEeR0.png
B18_R.png
5PD8YiF.png
1 2 3 4 5