Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Closed. Drawing now.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@Voronwis

Ha, a common sentiment! Despite the colloquialism, I find that familiarity breeds compassion for bugs - they're just little animals, and that's easier to observe and become fond of when you have to be around them. But then, I'm biased - I've always been a fan! What critters do you keep to feed your dragon, dubias?

And I shall, thank you!
@Voronwis

Ha, a common sentiment! Despite the colloquialism, I find that familiarity breeds compassion for bugs - they're just little animals, and that's easier to observe and become fond of when you have to be around them. But then, I'm biased - I've always been a fan! What critters do you keep to feed your dragon, dubias?

And I shall, thank you!
NM0r94k.png Ala3t4v.png
D9xaprH.png
ypcKWM0.png
9R2Unq1.png
nnBylsC.png
ZqTATLu.png
V9BoEMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
7UXlQKU.gif
q9EEy5M.png
878OlvW.png
@mngwa
I had crickets- they're noisy and can bite dragons so I never warmed up to them. I had locust, they are really pretty even though so jumpy I got a locust to the face each time I opened their box.X) Now I got mealworms.These guys are like one hungry tornado and it's fun to see them devour whatever I give them. I have morio worms too. I used to be creeped out by them but now I let them walk all over my hands. They grow up to be very handsome beetles even though I have to be careful with them since they're invasive species.
@mngwa
I had crickets- they're noisy and can bite dragons so I never warmed up to them. I had locust, they are really pretty even though so jumpy I got a locust to the face each time I opened their box.X) Now I got mealworms.These guys are like one hungry tornado and it's fun to see them devour whatever I give them. I have morio worms too. I used to be creeped out by them but now I let them walk all over my hands. They grow up to be very handsome beetles even though I have to be careful with them since they're invasive species.
we3Gmh2.pngCWpoTRF.pngjjb11A7.gif
@dolljoint
Welcome to FR! I myself joined on a total whim and it was one of the best decisions of my life. Hope you'll have as much fun as I did/am still having.

@TanukiiTricks
Ahhhh maaaaan that's a lucky hatch! Wisteria was one of mine and...eeeee...I hope she'll find someone that likes her:-P
@dolljoint
Welcome to FR! I myself joined on a total whim and it was one of the best decisions of my life. Hope you'll have as much fun as I did/am still having.

@TanukiiTricks
Ahhhh maaaaan that's a lucky hatch! Wisteria was one of mine and...eeeee...I hope she'll find someone that likes her:-P
joining and gave a star to the guardian (:

i will share my proudest achievement with you:

LFMKewN.png
joining and gave a star to the guardian (:

i will share my proudest achievement with you:

LFMKewN.png
- - - - - wind-badge-2023 - -
-

Dragons for sale
-· buy a nugget?

-
-- plague-badge-2024-plague-badge-2024
Congrats on making it so long! I ended up wandering away a while back and have only recently become active again. Was seeing my roommate on a different pet site and it sparked me wanting to come back haha I uh can't think of any fun facts... hm the only thing I can think of is about bugs, so sorry if that's not a really comfortable topic for you or anyone reading I recently learned there's some millipedes or centipedes in my yard, and their legs will glow green under a UV light which was a fun discovery but not that educational I guess because I don't know any other information about those guys. There is apparently so many in my front and backyard tho And the only other thing I can think of to share is that my roommate has two praying mantis that are named Princess Greenbean and Tiny Cookie (Two y/o children named them) EDIT: Ohh I thought of something more on theme to share which is since I've been back I've acquired this lovely lady and I'll show her off [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92531181][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/925312/92531181_350.png[/img][/url]
Congrats on making it so long! I ended up wandering away a while back and have only recently become active again. Was seeing my roommate on a different pet site and it sparked me wanting to come back haha

I uh can't think of any fun facts... hm the only thing I can think of is about bugs, so sorry if that's not a really comfortable topic for you or anyone reading

I recently learned there's some millipedes or centipedes in my yard, and their legs will glow green under a UV light which was a fun discovery but not that educational I guess because I don't know any other information about those guys. There is apparently so many in my front and backyard tho
And the only other thing I can think of to share is that my roommate has two praying mantis that are named Princess Greenbean and Tiny Cookie (Two y/o children named them)

EDIT: Ohh I thought of something more on theme to share which is since I've been back I've acquired this lovely lady and I'll show her off

92531181_350.png
wHevbhU.gif
"The sun goes down and it comes back up
The world it turns no matter what
If it all goes wrong
Darling just hold on"
I would like to share my Wind Rep! She is my first official completed Project! My clan found her egg whilst out scavenging and it was a match made in heaven! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81771272][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/817713/81771272_350.png[/img][/url] Congrats on so many years! I hope it was fun :)
I would like to share my Wind Rep! She is my first official completed Project! My clan found her egg whilst out scavenging and it was a match made in heaven!

81771272_350.png

Congrats on so many years! I hope it was fun :)
HzGpUHb.png
Thanks for hosting this giveaway! For my entry I'll share my most beloved dragon, Harmony. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82859478][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/828595/82859478_350.png[/img][/url]
Thanks for hosting this giveaway! For my entry I'll share my most beloved dragon, Harmony.
82859478_350.png
xxx xxx xxx roO6Wkz.gif xxx xxx xxx xxx
w5Z3Awl.gif
XJcU2yN.png
4J1LgAH.png
pl4DHao.png
hc04F6h.png
xxx xxx xxx xxx 3rv1Hwa.gif
xxx
xxx xxx
@Lansly
That made me laugh! And thanks for the like for my dragonsona.

@Babyotter
Glowing milipedes? That's cool. They're oddly beautiful under UV. You're lucky that you can see them up close. And the mantis(es?) names are cute.
Those colors on Symphony look really good, bonus for matching familiar.

@shiro3tora
Congrats on the finished project. She's looking very good.

@Allomancer
That's a really nixe xyx you have there. Beige is underrated.
@Lansly
That made me laugh! And thanks for the like for my dragonsona.

@Babyotter
Glowing milipedes? That's cool. They're oddly beautiful under UV. You're lucky that you can see them up close. And the mantis(es?) names are cute.
Those colors on Symphony look really good, bonus for matching familiar.

@shiro3tora
Congrats on the finished project. She's looking very good.

@Allomancer
That's a really nixe xyx you have there. Beige is underrated.
8 Years! Wow time flies. Congrats on your FR anniversary! I had filled my usually small lair with 500 fodder dragons to get an achievement. I am now working on levelling them all and sending them to the Tidelord but on my journey I fell in love with one that had a wild pattern so I'm working my way to create it with a G1 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84179983][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/841800/84179983_350.png[/img][/url]
8 Years! Wow time flies. Congrats on your FR anniversary!

I had filled my usually small lair with 500 fodder dragons to get an achievement. I am now working on levelling them all and sending them to the Tidelord but on my journey I fell in love with one that had a wild pattern so I'm working my way to create it with a G1

84179983_350.png
478Ynjw.png
Hello!! I am here! Goodness I always seem to be entering down to the wire with these things. Happy 8 years!! I'll hope for many more. <3 Alright, well I promised you science facts, didn't I? I learned some interesting things in biochem recently. Firstly, there's different forms of DNA! B-form is the standard DNA form everyone knows and loves, and it's the proper, healthy form of DNA. The A-form is a form that DNA takes when it is placed in a low-water environment, and it is only found in dead cells. So, that's what dead DNA looks like! Lastly, the Z-form is a relatively recent discovery (within the past 50 years I think?) and it's a form of DNA that...they're not entirely sure what it does or why it appears. But they think that it is linked to cancer and Alzheimer's disease. Oh, it's also the reverse of regular DNA - A and B type DNA are in anti-conformation (or 'left handed'), while Z-type is syn-conformation ('right handed'). So it's just a weird, funky dude that is still being researched! Now, don't quote me on any of this - I'm still learning, after all - but I think it's pretty neat. [img]https://microbenotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Different-forms-of-DNA.jpg[/img] Oh, PCR is also really cool! Basically, we can clone DNA lots and lots of times in order to study it properly - for example, if there's only one drop of blood at a crime scene, that DNA can be replicated 1000 fold to create enough material to run tests on. And how it works is kinda bonkers. So, they first cook the DNA to about 95 degrees Celsius, just enough that the hydrogen bonds between base pairs break and the DNA unfurls itself. Then, they cool it down just enough to encourage these things called Primers to bind to the DNA - these guys start the replication process! Think of them as a flagpole that tells the nucleotide bases where to start assembling. Then they heat it up again, because these Primers work best at a temp of around 72 degrees Celsius (side note: there's a whole thing about how they figured out these Primers worked well at a certain temperature, but that's another story), so now these strands can be copied. You're now left with 2 copies! Now, repeat this a few times and you've got yourself quite a bit of DNA to work with. I just think it's really cool that we've figured out a way to do DNA replication outside of a cell! I believe this process is also used with CRISPR, the gene editing process, but I can't remember so I won't go on about that too much. [img]https://cdn.britannica.com/77/22477-050-16EFB7B3/process-polymerase-chain-reaction.jpg[/img] Hope you found this neat! :D
Hello!! I am here! Goodness I always seem to be entering down to the wire with these things. Happy 8 years!! I'll hope for many more. <3

Alright, well I promised you science facts, didn't I? I learned some interesting things in biochem recently. Firstly, there's different forms of DNA! B-form is the standard DNA form everyone knows and loves, and it's the proper, healthy form of DNA. The A-form is a form that DNA takes when it is placed in a low-water environment, and it is only found in dead cells. So, that's what dead DNA looks like! Lastly, the Z-form is a relatively recent discovery (within the past 50 years I think?) and it's a form of DNA that...they're not entirely sure what it does or why it appears. But they think that it is linked to cancer and Alzheimer's disease. Oh, it's also the reverse of regular DNA - A and B type DNA are in anti-conformation (or 'left handed'), while Z-type is syn-conformation ('right handed'). So it's just a weird, funky dude that is still being researched! Now, don't quote me on any of this - I'm still learning, after all - but I think it's pretty neat.
Different-forms-of-DNA.jpg

Oh, PCR is also really cool! Basically, we can clone DNA lots and lots of times in order to study it properly - for example, if there's only one drop of blood at a crime scene, that DNA can be replicated 1000 fold to create enough material to run tests on. And how it works is kinda bonkers. So, they first cook the DNA to about 95 degrees Celsius, just enough that the hydrogen bonds between base pairs break and the DNA unfurls itself. Then, they cool it down just enough to encourage these things called Primers to bind to the DNA - these guys start the replication process! Think of them as a flagpole that tells the nucleotide bases where to start assembling. Then they heat it up again, because these Primers work best at a temp of around 72 degrees Celsius (side note: there's a whole thing about how they figured out these Primers worked well at a certain temperature, but that's another story), so now these strands can be copied. You're now left with 2 copies! Now, repeat this a few times and you've got yourself quite a bit of DNA to work with. I just think it's really cool that we've figured out a way to do DNA replication outside of a cell! I believe this process is also used with CRISPR, the gene editing process, but I can't remember so I won't go on about that too much.
process-polymerase-chain-reaction.jpg

Hope you found this neat! :D
An illustration of a blue Fire Flight Mirror dragon with black antlers and black wings, wearing gold jewelry. Blue fire is along the bottom of the picture, and the backdrop is of the Ashfall Waste. Links to progen.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11