Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your lore has been Noped
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[quote name="JadeJester22" date="2023-04-23 13:05:46" ] Pearlcatchers literally catch pearls underwater and make jewelry out of them. This is why they are called Pearlcatchers and not Pearlholders. [/quote] @JadeJester22 Yes!! This is now my truth ^^
JadeJester22 wrote on 2023-04-23 13:05:46:

Pearlcatchers literally catch pearls underwater and make jewelry out of them. This is why they are called Pearlcatchers and not Pearlholders.
@JadeJester22

Yes!! This is now my truth

^^
I kinda like the official lore stuff, I just don't apply them on 100% of the breed. (Or bacause I don't think that suits the dragon)

I have a fae who is quite monotonic, just like in canon.
But I also have a fae, who basically has a Gundam Tanaka's voice, lol.

And I actually like that breeds have different size. But compared to official lore, mine characteriscs of dragons are squashed. Basically, I have 3 size categories - big, small and somewhere in the middle. Middle category is like 1/2 or 1/3 of the Big, and Small is 1/2 - 1/4 of the Middle. Like, they're small, but still visible compared to big dragons.

I kinda like the official lore stuff, I just don't apply them on 100% of the breed. (Or bacause I don't think that suits the dragon)

I have a fae who is quite monotonic, just like in canon.
But I also have a fae, who basically has a Gundam Tanaka's voice, lol.

And I actually like that breeds have different size. But compared to official lore, mine characteriscs of dragons are squashed. Basically, I have 3 size categories - big, small and somewhere in the middle. Middle category is like 1/2 or 1/3 of the Big, and Small is 1/2 - 1/4 of the Middle. Like, they're small, but still visible compared to big dragons.

esifLbR.png
Canon sizing.

I don't mind the breeds being different sizes, but for the sake of constructing a town with ALL the breeds in mind, the dramatic difference between a home for a Fae or Veilspun versus the home for an Imperial or Ridgeback is Not Happening.
Canon sizing.

I don't mind the breeds being different sizes, but for the sake of constructing a town with ALL the breeds in mind, the dramatic difference between a home for a Fae or Veilspun versus the home for an Imperial or Ridgeback is Not Happening.
wcadopt-voiken1.png ZTsKQhL.png wcadopt-voiken2.png
Ping me if you want my attention.
[quote name="SovereignFives" date="2023-04-22 15:59:46" ] gembond is gembound [/quote] Wait, it's not?!? [emoji=spiral scared size=2] Ridgebacks being sacred of water. Anything with a swordfish snout and the powers of an electric eel cannot possibly be sacred of water or anything in it.
SovereignFives wrote on 2023-04-22 15:59:46:
gembond is gembound

Wait, it's not?!?

Ridgebacks being sacred of water. Anything with a swordfish snout and the powers of an electric eel cannot possibly be sacred of water or anything in it.
O0xgpAG.png
One time we accidentally noped out of the small sizes for fae because we did the coliseum a lot, so we just believed that our progen fae was just the same size as all of our other dragons . then we noticed there were heights for the dragons
we follow it if we think it's funny for a certain scenario but we generally size up fae a bit for conversation-ish reasons. they're still pretty small but not crushable small (tanzanite uses sign language and having small hard-to-see hands makes things more annoying to think about) (tanzanite needs to talk to her gf who's like 30 feet tall)
Oh yeah in our opinion we don't ? like the snobby coward pearlcatcher thing ? maybe it's because we don't like that set of traits together
One time we accidentally noped out of the small sizes for fae because we did the coliseum a lot, so we just believed that our progen fae was just the same size as all of our other dragons . then we noticed there were heights for the dragons
we follow it if we think it's funny for a certain scenario but we generally size up fae a bit for conversation-ish reasons. they're still pretty small but not crushable small (tanzanite uses sign language and having small hard-to-see hands makes things more annoying to think about) (tanzanite needs to talk to her gf who's like 30 feet tall)
Oh yeah in our opinion we don't ? like the snobby coward pearlcatcher thing ? maybe it's because we don't like that set of traits together
3ab5c778.gifJupiter/Ben • She/Nix/Nova/Voi • FR+0 • Art ShopWishlist 3ab5c778.gif
my clan and world lore is based on humanoids rather than dragons so I completely ignore all of BotE :)
my clan and world lore is based on humanoids rather than dragons so I completely ignore all of BotE :)
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
Imperials avoiding each other.

The sheer degree of the "this breed of dragon behaves like THIS" baked into the site. It feels like a holdover from when dragons were treated as more animalistic, but somehow they stuck with it even while making them more and more people-y.

Basically all gaoler lore (though not the name, deliberate mispronunciation doesn't really seem like 'lore'). It's absurdly restrictive and I don't know how anyone thought it was a good idea for a "playable" species.

Plague on a conceptual level. I have never liked its antivax energies, and the idea of "getting super sick makes you stronger!!" is just so utterly broken and backward. To say the irl events of this decade have soured me on it even more would be an understatement.

The sheer degree of the "this breed of dragon behaves like THIS" baked into the site. It feels like a holdover from when dragons were treated as more animalistic, but somehow they stuck with it even while making them more and more people-y.

Basically all gaoler lore (though not the name, deliberate mispronunciation doesn't really seem like 'lore'). It's absurdly restrictive and I don't know how anyone thought it was a good idea for a "playable" species.

Plague on a conceptual level. I have never liked its antivax energies, and the idea of "getting super sick makes you stronger!!" is just so utterly broken and backward. To say the irl events of this decade have soured me on it even more would be an understatement.
he is going to eat your cursorthat sure is a dragonto the endless gardenwould a loving god have created spiral anatomy?wherein I try to draw my lairbuy these dragons before they eat all my foodthere's nothing in this book. you've been had.accent shop
All of the geographical lore. It just doesn't make any sense to me to have just drastic geography shifts, considering stuff like wind patterns and temperatures are rarely that cut-and-dry. I know it's fantasy, but I've had more fun with designing an entirely different geographical world for my dragons, and it keeps me from feeling bad about having small lore discrepancies because it's a different world, of course things won't be the same.
All of the geographical lore. It just doesn't make any sense to me to have just drastic geography shifts, considering stuff like wind patterns and temperatures are rarely that cut-and-dry. I know it's fantasy, but I've had more fun with designing an entirely different geographical world for my dragons, and it keeps me from feeling bad about having small lore discrepancies because it's a different world, of course things won't be the same.
Untitled47-20231219225403.png
FObX7rS.png5hF3FGk.png
fDSaoY3.pngNN9NPXA.pngtqGkHih.png
Untitled48-20231219225437.png
[quote name="Cindertail" date="2024-02-04 09:24:28" ] Canon sizing. I don't mind the breeds being different sizes, but for the sake of constructing a town with ALL the breeds in mind, the dramatic difference between a home for a Fae or Veilspun versus the home for an Imperial or Ridgeback is Not Happening. [/quote] Same. [quote name="Xaotician" date="2024-02-04 14:05:35" ] Imperials avoiding each other. The sheer degree of the "this breed of dragon behaves like THIS" baked into the site. It feels like a holdover from when dragons were treated as more animalistic, but somehow they stuck with it even while making them more and more people-y. Basically all gaoler lore (though not the name, deliberate mispronunciation doesn't really seem like 'lore'). It's absurdly restrictive and I don't know how anyone thought it was a good idea for a "playable" species. (snip) [/quote] This as well. I'd suggest that they rewrite the lore around the species to be less "they are supposed to be this way" and more "these are the traits that makes them unique but without making it seem like innate behaviour".
Cindertail wrote on 2024-02-04 09:24:28:
Canon sizing.

Same.
Xaotician wrote on 2024-02-04 14:05:35:

(snip)
This as well. I'd suggest that they rewrite the lore around the species to be less "they are supposed to be this way" and more "these are the traits that makes them unique but without making it seem like innate behaviour".
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png94411743.png
[quote name="Realcottoncat" date="2023-04-22 15:25:12" ] Emperors being so huge that they can be seen from the world map. Like, Imps are big, but they are not that big, and an emperor is just multiple imperials squashed together and zombified... [/quote] Same, Emperors in my lore are only a little bigger than the biggest Imperial, and they're more common.
Realcottoncat wrote on 2023-04-22 15:25:12:
Emperors being so huge that they can be seen from the world map.

Like, Imps are big, but they are not that big, and an emperor is just multiple imperials squashed together and zombified...
Same, Emperors in my lore are only a little bigger than the biggest Imperial, and they're more common.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20