Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 3.0
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
@Aequorin Thank you for the update! I’ll go ahead and report it now.
@Aequorin Thank you for the update! I’ll go ahead and report it now.

He/him | FRT+1 x
Update February 02, 2024: Adobe ads, ad categories, and HAR files

1. We've confirmed that all Adobe ads have been blocked from the Flight Rising website; they will remain off until the freezing issue is fixed.
  2. We've confirmed that the ad category for Flight Rising is child-friendly; this means any inappropriate ads that show up have been miscategorized or mislabeled by the advertiser.
  3. We've confirmed that HAR files are extremely helpful in tracking down and removing bad ads.

We hope this information helps to set your mind at ease about allowing ads, and with taking the steps needed to report bad ads. Thank you!
Update February 02, 2024: Adobe ads, ad categories, and HAR files

1. We've confirmed that all Adobe ads have been blocked from the Flight Rising website; they will remain off until the freezing issue is fixed.
  2. We've confirmed that the ad category for Flight Rising is child-friendly; this means any inappropriate ads that show up have been miscategorized or mislabeled by the advertiser.
  3. We've confirmed that HAR files are extremely helpful in tracking down and removing bad ads.

We hope this information helps to set your mind at ease about allowing ads, and with taking the steps needed to report bad ads. Thank you!
Decided to turn off my adblocker upon hearing the good news! Immediately got served this. [emoji=guardian deadpan size=1] https://imgur.com/a/fyPwVOY I don't think an ad promoting a concealed carry organization is child-friendly... Had trouble finding the information so this is all I could provide.
Decided to turn off my adblocker upon hearing the good news! Immediately got served this.

https://imgur.com/a/fyPwVOY

I don't think an ad promoting a concealed carry organization is child-friendly... Had trouble finding the information so this is all I could provide.
no FObX7rS.png
hh5n4WA.png
7OY8Vcs.png
image.png
lAvpyOQ.png
nWiQNX9.png
nooo R3T9Jmp.png
Got some bad news... [img]https://i.imgur.com/BjWsYRU.png[/img] I tried to grab the stuff to report it directly, but it disappeared / swapped out before I managed to. My apologies!!
Got some bad news...

BjWsYRU.png

I tried to grab the stuff to report it directly, but it disappeared / swapped out before I managed to. My apologies!!
fXe8RGd.png fc4zvun.png
mlHpBMC.png

rix3ppo.png
nWiQNX9.png
FObX7rS.png
AMuKTn8.pngcandle-smol.png
[quote name="AntimatterBee" date="2024-02-02 16:43:47" ] Decided to turn off my adblocker upon hearing the good news! Immediately got served this. [emoji=guardian deadpan size=1] https://imgur.com/a/fyPwVOY I don't think an ad promoting a concealed carry organization is child-friendly... Had trouble finding the information so this is all I could provide. [/quote] Hi @AntimatterBee, yup, that's an ad that's mislabeled, either due to human error or an advertiser trying to expand their network options inappropriately. Those [b]are not[/b] ads we want on our site. [quote name="Sparrowgale" date="2024-02-02 16:52:17" ] Got some bad news... [img]https://i.imgur.com/BjWsYRU.png[/img] I tried to grab the stuff to report it directly, but it disappeared / swapped out before I managed to. My apologies!! [/quote] @Sparrowgale, HA. Of course. The irony is delicious. But on a more serious note, that is hopefully the tail end of what was already on the network before the Adobe ads were shut off. We were told they were off while the problem is addressed.
AntimatterBee wrote on 2024-02-02 16:43:47:
Decided to turn off my adblocker upon hearing the good news! Immediately got served this.

https://imgur.com/a/fyPwVOY

I don't think an ad promoting a concealed carry organization is child-friendly... Had trouble finding the information so this is all I could provide.

Hi @AntimatterBee, yup, that's an ad that's mislabeled, either due to human error or an advertiser trying to expand their network options inappropriately. Those are not ads we want on our site.

Sparrowgale wrote on 2024-02-02 16:52:17:
Got some bad news...

BjWsYRU.png

I tried to grab the stuff to report it directly, but it disappeared / swapped out before I managed to. My apologies!!

@Sparrowgale, HA. Of course. The irony is delicious. But on a more serious note, that is hopefully the tail end of what was already on the network before the Adobe ads were shut off. We were told they were off while the problem is addressed.
lol, reading this and one pops up, but surprisingly the page still works. Thank you guys for working on this for us!
lol, reading this and one pops up, but surprisingly the page still works. Thank you guys for working on this for us!
We are the stones beneath your feet!
Wish List - Sell Forum
sigFR.png
Out of curiosity: I've gotten ads in the past about organizations that are local to my tiny college town (Things like ads for local retirement homes or local doctors). Are location-specific ads allowed here? I don't mind getting them, but with how careful you guys are about ads I figure it's worth checking
Out of curiosity: I've gotten ads in the past about organizations that are local to my tiny college town (Things like ads for local retirement homes or local doctors). Are location-specific ads allowed here? I don't mind getting them, but with how careful you guys are about ads I figure it's worth checking
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
Will Adobe ads be banned in general given their support of AI and mismanagement of proper labelling for it?

Which is out of curiosity in general sobs no finger pointing or anything
Will Adobe ads be banned in general given their support of AI and mismanagement of proper labelling for it?

Which is out of curiosity in general sobs no finger pointing or anything
-sips tea-
@SkykidNadir Aequorin mentioned on a previous message that "Google ads are on the network and they will be served from time to time." I assume that's why you're getting some personalized/localized ads.
@SkykidNadir Aequorin mentioned on a previous message that "Google ads are on the network and they will be served from time to time." I assume that's why you're getting some personalized/localized ads.
Testing, testing...
Gosh, I am glad to learn it wasn't just me. I thought it was Artifacture freezing my computer.

I am, however, still getting Adobe ads. I just got one.
Gosh, I am glad to learn it wasn't just me. I thought it was Artifacture freezing my computer.

I am, however, still getting Adobe ads. I just got one.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19