Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | where does your love of fr come from?
1 2 3 4 5
Hahaha cool dragon game
Hahaha cool dragon game
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
I'm not sure exactly how to put it, but it's like the perfect blend of technical and creative that it just really works for me. I love the more technical side of planning out how much a G1 project is going to cost me, or using spreadsheets for Dom and other event related activities. But actually creating dragon scrys and then seeing them come to life, hopefully complete with a matching scene and familiar, is also really really fun!

I don't actually pay too much attention to the lore side of it, mostly just hoarding dragons I think are pretty and maybe having a vague idea or two, but I'd like to focus on it more eventually. I wouldn't say I lack ideas, but I always get stuck at a simple but important question: am I gijinka-fying these dragons or not (and where do I wanna go from there?) because for some I do, and for some I don't.
I'm not sure exactly how to put it, but it's like the perfect blend of technical and creative that it just really works for me. I love the more technical side of planning out how much a G1 project is going to cost me, or using spreadsheets for Dom and other event related activities. But actually creating dragon scrys and then seeing them come to life, hopefully complete with a matching scene and familiar, is also really really fun!

I don't actually pay too much attention to the lore side of it, mostly just hoarding dragons I think are pretty and maybe having a vague idea or two, but I'd like to focus on it more eventually. I wouldn't say I lack ideas, but I always get stuck at a simple but important question: am I gijinka-fying these dragons or not (and where do I wanna go from there?) because for some I do, and for some I don't.
fkWjutW.png
R1dejfm.png
zUgIegC.png
bYt72YT.png
q9EEy5M.png
U0bFCPN.png
1RuFjQ2.pngEGzfMVW.png
ooBdJIk.png
i love the supportive, active, and creative community, the pretty solid economy, and the amount of customization we can do to our dragons. many players could have the exact same breed/color/gender combo and still create completely different characters with all the apparel/skins/genes/scenes. not to mention the freedom we have with creating our own lore and such.

it's not some distraction or escape from irl, FR is a place i enjoy visiting throughout my day.
i love the supportive, active, and creative community, the pretty solid economy, and the amount of customization we can do to our dragons. many players could have the exact same breed/color/gender combo and still create completely different characters with all the apparel/skins/genes/scenes. not to mention the freedom we have with creating our own lore and such.

it's not some distraction or escape from irl, FR is a place i enjoy visiting throughout my day.

BT1N47G.png
UIuKM01.png
J7D1quC.png
LksiQRL.png

MUYNhfy.png
asSdZDf.png
kCHWEjf.png
it's a variety of things, i think.
1) DRAGONS
2) there are soooo many ways to make your dragons unique and your own, from the colors to genes to breeds to skins/accents, apparel, now scenes, etc etc.
3) the lore culture. i've always been a storyteller and a character-maker and i love that fr gives me the opportunity to do that, and there's even canon lore for me to lean on as a background if i choose! plus, i get to read other people's lore and that's always fun :)
4) low barrier to entry/not pay to win! it's a complex game, but you really can take it one step at a time, making progress here and there every day to really build something cool in the end, and you never have to spend a single cent if you don't want to/can't!
5) the community. seriously. love the forums, love the discussions, love the love and kindness i always see from other players whether to individuals or about their dragons!
6) the responsiveness of the staff. i feel like the site is just very well-managed !!
7) skins/accents in general: i LOOOOOVE that the staff have allowed for users to put their art on this site! there is something so special about being able to look at accents i've made and be like !! yo !!!! that's my art !!! on this cool website i love !! and on MY dragon !! and THEIR dragon !! it's just the best
8) and at this point, nostalgia. started playing 7 years ago. coming back to this site reminds me of the kid i was when i started. it's a happy warm feeling yknow
9) did i mention there's dragons?
it's a variety of things, i think.
1) DRAGONS
2) there are soooo many ways to make your dragons unique and your own, from the colors to genes to breeds to skins/accents, apparel, now scenes, etc etc.
3) the lore culture. i've always been a storyteller and a character-maker and i love that fr gives me the opportunity to do that, and there's even canon lore for me to lean on as a background if i choose! plus, i get to read other people's lore and that's always fun :)
4) low barrier to entry/not pay to win! it's a complex game, but you really can take it one step at a time, making progress here and there every day to really build something cool in the end, and you never have to spend a single cent if you don't want to/can't!
5) the community. seriously. love the forums, love the discussions, love the love and kindness i always see from other players whether to individuals or about their dragons!
6) the responsiveness of the staff. i feel like the site is just very well-managed !!
7) skins/accents in general: i LOOOOOVE that the staff have allowed for users to put their art on this site! there is something so special about being able to look at accents i've made and be like !! yo !!!! that's my art !!! on this cool website i love !! and on MY dragon !! and THEIR dragon !! it's just the best
8) and at this point, nostalgia. started playing 7 years ago. coming back to this site reminds me of the kid i was when i started. it's a happy warm feeling yknow
9) did i mention there's dragons?
SDMKiMj.gif i go by sav or sugar
she/her
| adult | +2 FR
PMC
| TH | accents
my lore archive
Have dragons
Breed dragons
Have more dragons
Have dragons
Breed dragons
Have more dragons
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
I've always had a love for Dragons in general, so when i first heard of this site back in the day i knew i had to join immediately. i always find my way back and i think its a combination of being able to breed/collect pretty dragons as well as the customization with genes/apparel and also the community i have always found to be very kind and welcoming ^.^
I've always had a love for Dragons in general, so when i first heard of this site back in the day i knew i had to join immediately. i always find my way back and i think its a combination of being able to breed/collect pretty dragons as well as the customization with genes/apparel and also the community i have always found to be very kind and welcoming ^.^
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2694544][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/banner_theyemerge.png[/img][/url]
banner_theyemerge.png
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
My appreciation for FR grew slowly over time. There have been times when I've left the site for long periods but I always found myself coming back to visit. There's a lot to do here and yet it's not overly demanding of your time either. The dragons are also fun and open to many possibilities in the form of different projects and visions. It's a lot of fun and I genuinely enjoy this place. I hope it's around for a long time.
My appreciation for FR grew slowly over time. There have been times when I've left the site for long periods but I always found myself coming back to visit. There's a lot to do here and yet it's not overly demanding of your time either. The dragons are also fun and open to many possibilities in the form of different projects and visions. It's a lot of fun and I genuinely enjoy this place. I hope it's around for a long time.
tumblr_ozl54fdz7Q1wvvm88o2_100.png t0QOcry.png
For some reason I super enjoy games with 'breeding' mechanics, where animal or plant husbandry is used to create some specific offspring; like Animal Crossing's flower colors, or like this ancient minecraft mod Forestry that had bees.

I also super like dragons? I never really associated "liking dragons" as part of myself until some self discovery reminded me I had been playing one dragon based game or another for over essentially half my life (and apparently, this one is over half of that time? 10 years this april..). My mom made me a dragon pendant once "cuz [you] like dragons so much" and i was like "..do i like dragons?" Upon reflection, it turns out, yes, quite a lot.

Flight rising having the color wheel that it did, genetics that pass down, and the style of dragons, all made me stick to this site. I didn't know anything about it when my friend sent an invite and then i saw the Fae and then an eyeburner Skydancer...
I stay around because i find it to be the kindest online game i've ever played, both the general playerbase, and the way the Admin team is and how they responds to things, and also the way paid currency is able to be quite easily collected without much trouble.

Also, once a friend showed me her breeding project, I realized the fun of self-directed projects to create specific dragons not on the site, or not commonly available. Since there is weeks of waiting between nests, this keeps me logging in over time as well.

Finally, i can practice making spreadsheets that *do things*, from learning from the spreadsheets others on this site make (which are just wild and amazing things)
For some reason I super enjoy games with 'breeding' mechanics, where animal or plant husbandry is used to create some specific offspring; like Animal Crossing's flower colors, or like this ancient minecraft mod Forestry that had bees.

I also super like dragons? I never really associated "liking dragons" as part of myself until some self discovery reminded me I had been playing one dragon based game or another for over essentially half my life (and apparently, this one is over half of that time? 10 years this april..). My mom made me a dragon pendant once "cuz [you] like dragons so much" and i was like "..do i like dragons?" Upon reflection, it turns out, yes, quite a lot.

Flight rising having the color wheel that it did, genetics that pass down, and the style of dragons, all made me stick to this site. I didn't know anything about it when my friend sent an invite and then i saw the Fae and then an eyeburner Skydancer...
I stay around because i find it to be the kindest online game i've ever played, both the general playerbase, and the way the Admin team is and how they responds to things, and also the way paid currency is able to be quite easily collected without much trouble.

Also, once a friend showed me her breeding project, I realized the fun of self-directed projects to create specific dragons not on the site, or not commonly available. Since there is weeks of waiting between nests, this keeps me logging in over time as well.

Finally, i can practice making spreadsheets that *do things*, from learning from the spreadsheets others on this site make (which are just wild and amazing things)
the meowfishery is now open!
~meowfishery hatchery [link]~
got any of those.. pride flag dragons?

collecting Mimic Powder .. all of it. all of it! send me?

they | FR+3 | its okay ping me in replies
breeding challenges make my serotonin levels go brbrrbrbbrbrbrbr
breeding challenges make my serotonin levels go brbrrbrbbrbrbrbr
Emerald • she/her • FR+2 • breeding challengebuying green dragons
23518.png12944.png13405.png1015.png12196.png
1 2 3 4 5