Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Help get an old dragon up to speed
1 2
So recently I picked up FR again after not playing in a good 4+ years. I was most active in 2015-2016 and played again for a while in 2018. after that I would log on maybe once a year. There is a LOT of new stuff that has been added (like all of the different dragons, trading post activities and locations in the world map) and it's hard to make sense of it all.

If some of you could help me understand the new stuff better and how to use these new mechanics that would mean a lot! Thanks.
So recently I picked up FR again after not playing in a good 4+ years. I was most active in 2015-2016 and played again for a while in 2018. after that I would log on maybe once a year. There is a LOT of new stuff that has been added (like all of the different dragons, trading post activities and locations in the world map) and it's hard to make sense of it all.

If some of you could help me understand the new stuff better and how to use these new mechanics that would mean a lot! Thanks.
aKXw7.gifHWOKb.gif
A few quick pointers: - The Grand Exchange in the sidebar holds event/seasonal shops (e.g. for ice fest, Joxar and all the fest skins will be in the Grand Exchange). - We have achievements! Looks like you've already picked up a bunch of those. The achievement currency can be spent at the achievement store in the Grand Exchange. - Arlo's digsite is a new trading post feature. Essentially, you can "dig" to uncover plots with familiars, apparel, and genes. imo the genes are really nice, and they're free which is fantastic. [item=primary gene: ground][item=primary gene: boulder][item=primary gene: tide][item=primary gene: chrysocolla] There's also a new breed, undertide, whose breed change scrolls are obtained through Arlo: [item=breed change: undertide] - A LOT of new dragons have been added. Most of them are "ancient" dragons, meaning they can't wear apparel and can only breed with dragons of the same ancient breed (banescale x banescale). However we do have a new modern breed, obelisks.
A few quick pointers:

- The Grand Exchange in the sidebar holds event/seasonal shops (e.g. for ice fest, Joxar and all the fest skins will be in the Grand Exchange).

- We have achievements! Looks like you've already picked up a bunch of those. The achievement currency can be spent at the achievement store in the Grand Exchange.

- Arlo's digsite is a new trading post feature. Essentially, you can "dig" to uncover plots with familiars, apparel, and genes. imo the genes are really nice, and they're free which is fantastic.
Primary Gene: Ground Primary Gene: Boulder Primary Gene: Tide Primary Gene: Chrysocolla

There's also a new breed, undertide, whose breed change scrolls are obtained through Arlo:
Breed Change: Undertide

- A LOT of new dragons have been added. Most of them are "ancient" dragons, meaning they can't wear apparel and can only breed with dragons of the same ancient breed (banescale x banescale). However we do have a new modern breed, obelisks.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Hello, and welcome back! I'll list the new things I can think of below:

Ancient dragon breeds - cannot wear apparel, but can have linebreaking tertiaries and don't have to follow the anatomy rules of modern breeds (can have multiple heads, no arms, etc)

Eye types: there are now a total of 14 different eye types for every element. You can buy vials for every type, but some can randomly appear on hatchlings.

--

Arlo's Ancient Artifacts: Has exclusive apparel, genes, and familiars you can unearth over time

Fiona's Fantastic Familiars: Every day you can bond with 8 random familiars, with a chance to bond with familiars you don't own (including the Boolean)

Roundsey's Raffle: Weekly raffle with special g1s and retired items, even occasionally sprites or kickstarter items.

Grand exchange: where the seasonal and event shops are located now

Hibernal den: extra dragon storage, with slots unlockable by gems or items. Dragons stored here can't be bred or put on coliseum teams.

Also there genes for the elemental festivals now.

Ancient dragon breeds - cannot wear apparel, but can have linebreaking tertiaries and don't have to follow the anatomy rules of modern breeds (can have multiple heads, no arms, etc)

Eye types: there are now a total of 14 different eye types for every element. You can buy vials for every type, but some can randomly appear on hatchlings.

--

Arlo's Ancient Artifacts: Has exclusive apparel, genes, and familiars you can unearth over time

Fiona's Fantastic Familiars: Every day you can bond with 8 random familiars, with a chance to bond with familiars you don't own (including the Boolean)

Roundsey's Raffle: Weekly raffle with special g1s and retired items, even occasionally sprites or kickstarter items.

Grand exchange: where the seasonal and event shops are located now

Hibernal den: extra dragon storage, with slots unlockable by gems or items. Dragons stored here can't be bred or put on coliseum teams.

Also there genes for the elemental festivals now.
6F_F.png008F_Custom.png
Gonna just pop a link to the Chronological Update Compendium here

Some older genes have had their rarities changed (for example, Runes and Spines are now Uncommon)

You can give your dragons backdrops (Scenes) and put vistas in their bios now for a bit of flair if you don't like coding!

The World Map locations are mostly just aesthetic, but you can go on your Clan Profile and pick whichever one (up to and including your lair's size tier) you'd like to be located at! There's also a couple different ones that can be chosen between for the lair banner itself; not all locations are available atm but iirc they're planned to be, eventually.
Gonna just pop a link to the Chronological Update Compendium here

Some older genes have had their rarities changed (for example, Runes and Spines are now Uncommon)

You can give your dragons backdrops (Scenes) and put vistas in their bios now for a bit of flair if you don't like coding!

The World Map locations are mostly just aesthetic, but you can go on your Clan Profile and pick whichever one (up to and including your lair's size tier) you'd like to be located at! There's also a couple different ones that can be chosen between for the lair banner itself; not all locations are available atm but iirc they're planned to be, eventually.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-01-18 14:54:16" ] A few quick pointers: - The Grand Exchange in the sidebar holds event/seasonal shops (e.g. for ice fest, Joxar and all the fest skins will be in the Grand Exchange). - We have achievements! Looks like you've already picked up a bunch of those. The achievement currency can be spent at the achievement store in the Grand Exchange. - Arlo's digsite is a new trading post feature. Essentially, you can "dig" to uncover plots with familiars, apparel, and genes. imo the genes are really nice, and they're free which is fantastic. [item=primary gene: ground][item=primary gene: boulder][item=primary gene: tide][item=primary gene: chrysocolla] There's also a new breed, undertide, whose breed change scrolls are obtained through Arlo: [item=breed change: undertide] - A LOT of new dragons have been added. Most of them are "ancient" dragons, meaning they can't wear apparel and can only breed with dragons of the same ancient breed (banescale x banescale). However we do have a new modern breed, obelisks. [/quote] Very cool! Yeah, the new ancient dragons having their own genes is cool. I like the achievements (free things yay) and the digsite I've already picked at once or twice before. Is there any new trends for FR from the past few years in the community? Like for example, in 2015-16 circuit, crystal/facet, poison/toxin were super popular and sought after. after that it was I think butterfly and capsule after that. There are so many genes to keep track of now it's crazy!
Achaius wrote on 2024-01-18 14:54:16:
A few quick pointers:

- The Grand Exchange in the sidebar holds event/seasonal shops (e.g. for ice fest, Joxar and all the fest skins will be in the Grand Exchange).

- We have achievements! Looks like you've already picked up a bunch of those. The achievement currency can be spent at the achievement store in the Grand Exchange.

- Arlo's digsite is a new trading post feature. Essentially, you can "dig" to uncover plots with familiars, apparel, and genes. imo the genes are really nice, and they're free which is fantastic.
Primary Gene: Ground Primary Gene: Boulder Primary Gene: Tide Primary Gene: Chrysocolla

There's also a new breed, undertide, whose breed change scrolls are obtained through Arlo:
Breed Change: Undertide

- A LOT of new dragons have been added. Most of them are "ancient" dragons, meaning they can't wear apparel and can only breed with dragons of the same ancient breed (banescale x banescale). However we do have a new modern breed, obelisks.

Very cool! Yeah, the new ancient dragons having their own genes is cool. I like the achievements (free things yay) and the digsite I've already picked at once or twice before.

Is there any new trends for FR from the past few years in the community? Like for example, in 2015-16 circuit, crystal/facet, poison/toxin were super popular and sought after. after that it was I think butterfly and capsule after that. There are so many genes to keep track of now it's crazy!
aKXw7.gifHWOKb.gif
[quote name="Nessuna" date="2024-01-18 14:55:00" ] Hello, and welcome back! I'll list the new things I can think of below: Eye types: there are now a total of 14 different eye types for every element. You can buy vials for every type, but some can randomly appear on hatchlings. Roundsey's Raffle: Weekly raffle with special g1s and retired items, even occasionally sprites or kickstarter items. [/quote] Yes the eye types are such a cool idea! at first it was a little confusing seeing hatchlings with unusual eyes but it is a great way to make a dragon special without genetics! The wind flight eyes are a little same-y but still good. And Roundsey's raffle looks like trouble for the wallet. Have you found any luck with it at all?
Nessuna wrote on 2024-01-18 14:55:00:

Yes the eye types are such a cool idea! at first it was a little confusing seeing hatchlings with unusual eyes but it is a great way to make a dragon special without genetics! The wind flight eyes are a little same-y but still good.

And Roundsey's raffle looks like trouble for the wallet. Have you found any luck with it at all?
aKXw7.gifHWOKb.gif
[quote name="terabyte" date="2024-01-18 16:58:54" ] Is there any new trends for FR from the past few years in the community? Like for example, in 2015-16 circuit, crystal/facet, poison/toxin were super popular and sought after. after that it was I think butterfly and capsule after that. There are so many genes to keep track of now it's crazy! [/quote] let's see. capsule is still the universal best tert. flaunt/flair are very popular. matchy XYZs are also popular (using accent colors of genes like flaunt/flair to make very different colors match). every new ancient is all the rage until the next one gets released. currently auraboas are the new ones.
terabyte wrote on 2024-01-18 16:58:54:
Is there any new trends for FR from the past few years in the community? Like for example, in 2015-16 circuit, crystal/facet, poison/toxin were super popular and sought after. after that it was I think butterfly and capsule after that. There are so many genes to keep track of now it's crazy!
let's see. capsule is still the universal best tert. flaunt/flair are very popular. matchy XYZs are also popular (using accent colors of genes like flaunt/flair to make very different colors match). every new ancient is all the rage until the next one gets released. currently auraboas are the new ones.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I disagree that Capsule is universally best, but there are a lot of Ancient genes that can be used for moderns. Have fun and play with the gene predictor!
I disagree that Capsule is universally best, but there are a lot of Ancient genes that can be used for moderns. Have fun and play with the gene predictor!
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
It might just be I browse the AH less, but I don't think there's as solid of genes trends as their used to be - There's a LOT of options, and whenever a new gene comes out there's a spike of popularity while it's shiny and new, but there's a lot of variety on the dragons I see.
It might just be I browse the AH less, but I don't think there's as solid of genes trends as their used to be - There's a LOT of options, and whenever a new gene comes out there's a spike of popularity while it's shiny and new, but there's a lot of variety on the dragons I see.
giphy.gif
BanescaleSig.png
giphy.gif
@azhdrake That's something I didn't consider- with all of the genes available, now there's a lot of really good ones and people can just use what they like! Back in the day it really was circuit or smoke, mayyybe crackle and shimmer/crystal and it's awesome to know that's long gone.
@azhdrake That's something I didn't consider- with all of the genes available, now there's a lot of really good ones and people can just use what they like! Back in the day it really was circuit or smoke, mayyybe crackle and shimmer/crystal and it's awesome to know that's long gone.
aKXw7.gifHWOKb.gif
1 2