Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 2.0
1 2 ... 191 192 193 194 195 ... 197 198
While this isn't really related, per se, but, Oof.

I feel for you guys who are suffering from this issue. Stay Strong, Flight Rising Brethren!
While this isn't really related, per se, but, Oof.

I feel for you guys who are suffering from this issue. Stay Strong, Flight Rising Brethren!
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png94411743.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2024-01-17 12:50:44" ] We have an update for our EU and UK players who are experiencing a new type of consent pop-up, specifically the large white box pop-up that has the Flight Rising logo at the top. This new notice is part of compliance under GDPR. We've been informed that players from the EU and UK can expect to see this pop-up once every two weeks and that this frequency is industry-standard practice as it ensures that all necessary consent records are kept up to date. We hope this information helps to ease any concerns or confusion from seeing a brand new pop-up on the site. Thank you! [/quote] is there any chance the pop-up could have a catch-all 'reject all' button? as a UK-dweller, it really frustrates me that this isn't an option on most sites, haha. i intend to accept FR's cookies, but it would be great if it was an option. thanks for the heads-up though, Aeq!
Aequorin wrote on 2024-01-17 12:50:44:
We have an update for our EU and UK players who are experiencing a new type of consent pop-up, specifically the large white box pop-up that has the Flight Rising logo at the top.

This new notice is part of compliance under GDPR. We've been informed that players from the EU and UK can expect to see this pop-up once every two weeks and that this frequency is industry-standard practice as it ensures that all necessary consent records are kept up to date. We hope this information helps to ease any concerns or confusion from seeing a brand new pop-up on the site. Thank you!

is there any chance the pop-up could have a catch-all 'reject all' button? as a UK-dweller, it really frustrates me that this isn't an option on most sites, haha. i intend to accept FR's cookies, but it would be great if it was an option. thanks for the heads-up though, Aeq!
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
@Wryneck I distinctly remember a new popup being added when GDPR came into force because it was bugged and for a while made the site nearly unplayable XD This isn't new compliance, just a new design for the popup. The schedule is new though, I assume an upgrade from basic compliance to industry standard.
@Wryneck I distinctly remember a new popup being added when GDPR came into force because it was bugged and for a while made the site nearly unplayable XD This isn't new compliance, just a new design for the popup. The schedule is new though, I assume an upgrade from basic compliance to industry standard.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
[quote name="Wryneck" date="2024-01-17 15:25:50" ] GDPR has been in effect for 5 years now. may we ask why is the popup only now appearing? hopefully that does not mean FR has not been compliant all these years. [/quote] The GDPR exclusively protects EU/UK consumers and initially it only imposed the burden on US companies which specifically "targeted EU residents" in their marketing. Flight Rising does not have a localised version of their website specifically for EU residents, so my guess was that implementing the GDPR was not mandatory in 2018? Either way, FR already had GDPR compliance pre-2024, it is only the pop-up which is new. I also think the website has evolved over time and fallen more into the category of needing data compliance on-par with other US companies. For example, there are potential violations to the right to erasure as Europeans cannot delete their accounts, and these cases must be addressed by the staff themselves. I assume the GDPR has simply become more relevant to FR over time beyond the basic requirements, and FR staff realised it was prudent to be transparent. Hope that helps - it's just a guess but I could be incorrect!
Wryneck wrote on 2024-01-17 15:25:50:
GDPR has been in effect for 5 years now. may we ask why is the popup only now appearing?
hopefully that does not mean FR has not been compliant all these years.

The GDPR exclusively protects EU/UK consumers and initially it only imposed the burden on US companies which specifically "targeted EU residents" in their marketing. Flight Rising does not have a localised version of their website specifically for EU residents, so my guess was that implementing the GDPR was not mandatory in 2018? Either way, FR already had GDPR compliance pre-2024, it is only the pop-up which is new.

I also think the website has evolved over time and fallen more into the category of needing data compliance on-par with other US companies. For example, there are potential violations to the right to erasure as Europeans cannot delete their accounts, and these cases must be addressed by the staff themselves. I assume the GDPR has simply become more relevant to FR over time beyond the basic requirements, and FR staff realised it was prudent to be transparent.

Hope that helps - it's just a guess but I could be incorrect!
DJqWkbc.png leafeon.gifDmVxZ2a.png
u82kOBZ.png
@AtomicCosmos FR doesn't control what ads show. It's a third-party provider. Staff have been working with them to get it fixed but ultimately they can't make it go away, they and we have to wait for other people to do it. [quote name="yveltals" date="2024-01-17 23:59:18" ] [quote name="Wryneck" date="2024-01-17 15:25:50" ] GDPR has been in effect for 5 years now. may we ask why is the popup only now appearing? hopefully that does not mean FR has not been compliant all these years. [/quote] The GDPR exclusively protects EU/UK consumers and initially it only imposed the burden on US companies which specifically "targeted EU residents" in their marketing. Flight Rising does not have a localised version of their website specifically for EU residents, so my guess was that implementing the GDPR was not mandatory in 2018? Either way, FR already had GDPR compliance pre-2024, it is only the pop-up which is new. I also think the website has evolved over time and fallen more into the category of needing data compliance on-par with other US companies. For example, there are potential violations to the right to erasure as Europeans cannot delete their accounts, and these cases must be addressed by the staff themselves. I assume the GDPR has simply become more relevant to FR over time beyond the basic requirements, and FR staff realised it was prudent to be transparent. Hope that helps - it's just a guess but I could be incorrect! [/quote] FR has always needed to comply with GDPR, we're just getting a different style of popup compared to the old one.
@AtomicCosmos
FR doesn't control what ads show. It's a third-party provider. Staff have been working with them to get it fixed but ultimately they can't make it go away, they and we have to wait for other people to do it.
yveltals wrote on 2024-01-17 23:59:18:
GDPR has been in effect for 5 years now. may we ask why is the popup only now appearing?

The GDPR exclusively protects EU/UK consumers and initially it only imposed the burden on US companies which specifically "targeted EU residents" in their marketing. Flight Rising does not have a localised version of their website specifically for EU residents, so my guess was that implementing the GDPR was not mandatory in 2018? Either way, FR already had GDPR compliance pre-2024, it is only the pop-up which is new.

I also think the website has evolved over time and fallen more into the category of needing data compliance on-par with other US companies. For example, there are potential violations to the right to erasure as Europeans cannot delete their accounts, and these cases must be addressed by the staff themselves. I assume the GDPR has simply become more relevant to FR over time beyond the basic requirements, and FR staff realised it was prudent to be transparent.

FR has always needed to comply with GDPR, we're just getting a different style of popup compared to the old one.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Thanks for the clarification @Vendrus! But yes, for the people asking, the GDPR compliance isn't new for 2024 [emoji=coatl happy size=1]
Thanks for the clarification @Vendrus! But yes, for the people asking, the GDPR compliance isn't new for 2024
DJqWkbc.png leafeon.gifDmVxZ2a.png
u82kOBZ.png
I've had this consent box popping up for me up to 15x per usage of the site - usually when I change activity, such as going from my lair to my nesting grounds, or changing forum pages, etc. Anybody else been having these problems?
I've had this consent box popping up for me up to 15x per usage of the site - usually when I change activity, such as going from my lair to my nesting grounds, or changing forum pages, etc. Anybody else been having these problems?
kXgseMX.png

VB
they/he
FR+8
check out my adopt shop!

BR0UR8l.png
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2024-01-18 00:35:23" ] @AtomicCosmos FR doesn't control what ads show. It's a third-party provider. Staff have been working with them to get it fixed but ultimately they can't make it go away, they and we have to wait for other people to do it. [quote name="yveltals" date="2024-01-17 23:59:18" ] [quote name="Wryneck" date="2024-01-17 15:25:50" ] GDPR has been in effect for 5 years now. may we ask why is the popup only now appearing? hopefully that does not mean FR has not been compliant all these years. [/quote] The GDPR exclusively protects EU/UK consumers and initially it only imposed the burden on US companies which specifically "targeted EU residents" in their marketing. Flight Rising does not have a localised version of their website specifically for EU residents, so my guess was that implementing the GDPR was not mandatory in 2018? Either way, FR already had GDPR compliance pre-2024, it is only the pop-up which is new. I also think the website has evolved over time and fallen more into the category of needing data compliance on-par with other US companies. For example, there are potential violations to the right to erasure as Europeans cannot delete their accounts, and these cases must be addressed by the staff themselves. I assume the GDPR has simply become more relevant to FR over time beyond the basic requirements, and FR staff realised it was prudent to be transparent. Hope that helps - it's just a guess but I could be incorrect! [/quote] FR has always needed to comply with GDPR, we're just getting a different style of popup compared to the old one. [/quote] guess that would make sense. admittedly we are not aware of how the ad system for FR works, so we appreciate the insight (and hope it aligns with the official narrative, but we wont pester the devs for confirmation) and yeah technically FR would not need to have been GDPR compliant the past years yes... just would have been one of those *oof* moments, hearing that they only now made accommodations for it, y'know?
Vendrus wrote on 2024-01-18 00:35:23:
@AtomicCosmos
FR doesn't control what ads show. It's a third-party provider. Staff have been working with them to get it fixed but ultimately they can't make it go away, they and we have to wait for other people to do it.
yveltals wrote on 2024-01-17 23:59:18:

FR has always needed to comply with GDPR, we're just getting a different style of popup compared to the old one.

guess that would make sense. admittedly we are not aware of how the ad system for FR works, so we appreciate the insight (and hope it aligns with the official narrative, but we wont pester the devs for confirmation)

and yeah technically FR would not need to have been GDPR compliant the past years yes...
just would have been one of those *oof* moments, hearing that they only now made accommodations for it, y'know?

cm_icn.png sig.png

Censorship is never the ______
[quote name="Inept" date="2024-01-17 15:13:25" ] I can verify what Ceylar is saying to be the same for me: it does go away randomly after a few hours/days, but until then, I cant use my phone for the website due to every single site reload/instance triggering that popup within ~3 seconds. even the confirm buy 'site' on the AH triggers the popup. meanwhile on my pc (using Google Chrome) I do agree, its like every odd week and not intrusive for me. [/quote] I am also having this issue which makes the site completely unusable on mobile entirely too often.
Inept wrote on 2024-01-17 15:13:25:
I can verify what Ceylar is saying to be the same for me:

it does go away randomly after a few hours/days, but until then, I cant use my phone for the website due to every single site reload/instance triggering that popup within ~3 seconds.

even the confirm buy 'site' on the AH triggers the popup.

meanwhile on my pc (using Google Chrome) I do agree, its like every odd week and not intrusive for me.

I am also having this issue which makes the site completely unusable on mobile entirely too often.
TO5f5vS.png
soR20oU.png
tqGkHih.png
rI18gRz.png
dEe2UrM.png
ZZjBGKI.png
~ I prefer MODERN BREEDS ^^

+ + + Check out my Wanderers tab for beautiful, fairly priced dragons that need homes!
WI1HIHE.gif
A friend of mine refuses all cookies and trackers every time she's given the chance, and websites usually don't work well for her :/ so "consent" is more like "either you eat this stuff or you leave"
A friend of mine refuses all cookies and trackers every time she's given the chance, and websites usually don't work well for her :/ so "consent" is more like "either you eat this stuff or you leave"
1 2 ... 191 192 193 194 195 ... 197 198