Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | acient breed accessories
1 2
am i the only one who wishes ancient breeds could ware clothes? its one of the things that keep me from buying them despite really liking their designs.
am i the only one who wishes ancient breeds could ware clothes? its one of the things that keep me from buying them despite really liking their designs.
I wish they could as well but the FR team has elaborated on why they can't get them (the main reason being their special linebreaking terts, like Aether Space and Ridgeback Plumage)
I wish they could as well but the FR team has elaborated on why they can't get them (the main reason being their special linebreaking terts, like Aether Space and Ridgeback Plumage)
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
It's all right, these dragons are enough beautiful without clothes [emoji=aberration love size=2]
It's all right, these dragons are enough beautiful without clothes
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL7dKbf_MgjmLK7hRTel1b-o1NRAKqD8IRq7tbPIWGow&s.png
Every now and then someone chimes in with "I wish ancients could have accessories," and I understand completely, but it also defeats the entire purpose of ancients. Part of the reason modern breeds take so long to create and release is BECAUSE of the apparel items that to be adapted to them. Every. Single. Piece. It's a lot of work! Ancients remedy that being unable to wear apparel, making them the "easiest" of the breeds to release in a timely manner while also giving them the bonus of having funky physiology with plenty of line-breaking terts, which I would much rather have.

Perhaps I'm biased, but I love ancients because of their inability to wear clothes. I don't really like dressing dragons, and ancients are significantly more fun in appearance to me personally.
Every now and then someone chimes in with "I wish ancients could have accessories," and I understand completely, but it also defeats the entire purpose of ancients. Part of the reason modern breeds take so long to create and release is BECAUSE of the apparel items that to be adapted to them. Every. Single. Piece. It's a lot of work! Ancients remedy that being unable to wear apparel, making them the "easiest" of the breeds to release in a timely manner while also giving them the bonus of having funky physiology with plenty of line-breaking terts, which I would much rather have.

Perhaps I'm biased, but I love ancients because of their inability to wear clothes. I don't really like dressing dragons, and ancients are significantly more fun in appearance to me personally.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
[quote name="Gorgoroth" date="2024-01-17 10:03:38" ] It's all right, these dragons are enough beautiful without clothes [emoji=aberration love size=2] [/quote] I agree
Gorgoroth wrote on 2024-01-17 10:03:38:
It's all right, these dragons are enough beautiful without clothes
I agree
i don't really dress dragons so it doesnt really matter to me ahaha. won't lie, though, there have been times where i'd think a piece of apparel would really suit one of my ancients and get a little disappointed

i do like using them as skin/accent showcases though! and as others said, the line-breaking terts make up for it
i don't really dress dragons so it doesnt really matter to me ahaha. won't lie, though, there have been times where i'd think a piece of apparel would really suit one of my ancients and get a little disappointed

i do like using them as skin/accent showcases though! and as others said, the line-breaking terts make up for it
he/him
pings OK!
i can definitely understand the sentiment, but i for one am sort of relieved they can't wear apparel... i'm getting anxious just thinking of how many more outifts i would have to make for them [emoji=guardian scared size=1] i'm already so occupied with figuring out how to dress my moderns!
i can definitely understand the sentiment, but i for one am sort of relieved they can't wear apparel... i'm getting anxious just thinking of how many more outifts i would have to make for them i'm already so occupied with figuring out how to dress my moderns!
A drawing of a blue and yellow Spiral dragon (art by me). Click to go to the dragon! | @Quebeal
| ♦ ¤ ——−−--
|
|
| FR +1 DST
| Any pronouns
| My current avatar dragon!
| I'm selling monstera skins!
———-Recolored treeshroud icon by yascherritsa. Click for resource thread!
The point has been made already, so I won't add to it lol

I wish we could do floaty apparel. Things that aren't based around the dragons figure. Things like the flowerfalls, auras, companions, etc.

Idk how that would work coding wise to only allow those types of apparel. I am happy with ancients though :) I haven't disliked any yet, and many of my favorite dragons in my lair/den are ancients :D
The point has been made already, so I won't add to it lol

I wish we could do floaty apparel. Things that aren't based around the dragons figure. Things like the flowerfalls, auras, companions, etc.

Idk how that would work coding wise to only allow those types of apparel. I am happy with ancients though :) I haven't disliked any yet, and many of my favorite dragons in my lair/den are ancients :D
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
unrealistic wishes:
- to make up for lack of apparel, all ancients get the ability to have two terts. you can decide in what order they layer, and ofc there is always the option to leave one or both basic.
- aethers get a "hat" tert that is just a cowboy hat
unrealistic wishes:
- to make up for lack of apparel, all ancients get the ability to have two terts. you can decide in what order they layer, and ofc there is always the option to leave one or both basic.
- aethers get a "hat" tert that is just a cowboy hat
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I completely 100% agree with the reason that they CAN'T wear clothes (mostly that it takes a LONG time to port over all of the thousands of outfit piece) but same. I've been buying less and less ancients because it's just boring to not be able to dress them :(
I completely 100% agree with the reason that they CAN'T wear clothes (mostly that it takes a LONG time to port over all of the thousands of outfit piece) but same. I've been buying less and less ancients because it's just boring to not be able to dress them :(
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
1 2