Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Be able to name exalted dragons
1 2 3 4 5
Support. If an exalted, unnamed dragon is on a player's restore page, it makes sense that said player could name it right there. I'm not sure if users can see who exalted dragons, so unless there's a way to find out, one can't really harass other players for exalting unnameds. (If there is, I don't know where the feature is or why it's there.)
Support. If an exalted, unnamed dragon is on a player's restore page, it makes sense that said player could name it right there. I'm not sure if users can see who exalted dragons, so unless there's a way to find out, one can't really harass other players for exalting unnameds. (If there is, I don't know where the feature is or why it's there.)
In regard to new breed swap threads: if you decline my offer and I make the same offer later, please know I've legit forgotten I made the offer already and I'm sorry for bothering you twice. I have a garbage memory.
[quote name="caydebug" date="2024-01-12 20:22:09" ] Yeah, I think you should be able to rename an Unnamed dragon that's on one of your dragon's offspring list. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to, and it only really affects your dragons (the one you currently have that the Unnamed dragon is listed on), so it doesn't take away anyone's agency or whatever. There can be a guard so they can only be given a name if they've been exalted so you can't sell an Unnamed dragon to another player and then name it yourself, too. [/quote] some people exalt dragons with unnamed for their own reasons - so even if that unnamed dragon is on your offspring list and you attempt to change the name of it, you're dictating how another player plays the game so yes it does actually take away someone's agency
caydebug wrote on 2024-01-12 20:22:09:
Yeah, I think you should be able to rename an Unnamed dragon that's on one of your dragon's offspring list. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to, and it only really affects your dragons (the one you currently have that the Unnamed dragon is listed on), so it doesn't take away anyone's agency or whatever. There can be a guard so they can only be given a name if they've been exalted so you can't sell an Unnamed dragon to another player and then name it yourself, too.
some people exalt dragons with unnamed for their own reasons - so even if that unnamed dragon is on your offspring list and you attempt to change the name of it, you're dictating how another player plays the game so yes it does actually take away someone's agency
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote]Yeah, I think you should be able to rename an Unnamed dragon that's on one of your dragon's offspring list.[/quote] No support. Only the exalter should decide if the dragon gets (re)named or not. Having a dragon on your offspring list is not indication enough of ownership. For example, I could buy a pre-bred dragon that has Unnamed on its offspring list. That Unnamed dragon has never once been in my lair--why should I get to dictate its name or lack thereof? Or what about Unnamed parents? Why just applicable to Unnamed offspring but not Unnamed parents? Speak of--I have two dragons with Unnamed parents, and I want to keep them that way. That someone owns my dragons' grandparents is not justification enough for them to change my dragons' parents names. Only the exalter should decide about naming or renaming as the exalter is the owner--no one else.
Quote:
Yeah, I think you should be able to rename an Unnamed dragon that's on one of your dragon's offspring list.

No support. Only the exalter should decide if the dragon gets (re)named or not. Having a dragon on your offspring list is not indication enough of ownership. For example, I could buy a pre-bred dragon that has Unnamed on its offspring list. That Unnamed dragon has never once been in my lair--why should I get to dictate its name or lack thereof? Or what about Unnamed parents? Why just applicable to Unnamed offspring but not Unnamed parents? Speak of--I have two dragons with Unnamed parents, and I want to keep them that way. That someone owns my dragons' grandparents is not justification enough for them to change my dragons' parents names.

Only the exalter should decide about naming or renaming as the exalter is the owner--no one else.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I personally think that unnamed exalted dragons should automatically get a name.
Sometimes you need to exalt a dragon, but don't really have an idea for a good name or you can just simply forget to give one to a dragon. Also I've been in a situation when I put an unnamed dragon in auction house thinking someone will buy it and keep in their lair, but instead it was exalted right away without a name. It's not a pleasant experience...
I personally think that unnamed exalted dragons should automatically get a name.
Sometimes you need to exalt a dragon, but don't really have an idea for a good name or you can just simply forget to give one to a dragon. Also I've been in a situation when I put an unnamed dragon in auction house thinking someone will buy it and keep in their lair, but instead it was exalted right away without a name. It's not a pleasant experience...
0e96e32c07f8aa8144742864aef2c4a545e9dab0.png
Support. I have several dragons on my favorite that I exalted without naming several years ago (before i was bugged by it…) and I would appreciate being able to fix my mistake.

EDIT: i did not realize i had been to this thread already… whoops
Support. I have several dragons on my favorite that I exalted without naming several years ago (before i was bugged by it…) and I would appreciate being able to fix my mistake.

EDIT: i did not realize i had been to this thread already… whoops
1cLgG.gif4vhZB.gif TkWkP.gif 2r4TL.gif SBJu2.gif NoRTw.gif U17Jn.gif MFMJO.gif
[quote]I personally think that unnamed exalted dragons should automatically get a name.[/quote] No support because this is again infringing on the actual owner's right to name or not a dragon. Once players sell a dragon, it is no longer theirs. The staff already explained their stance on it, found here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078 under Dragons and Exalting.
Quote:

No support because this is again infringing on the actual owner's right to name or not a dragon. Once players sell a dragon, it is no longer theirs.

The staff already explained their stance on it, found here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078 under Dragons and Exalting.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Full support!
Full support!
Having made this mistake in the very-distant past and kicked myself every time I see the Unnamed on my dragon's offspring list since, I like this. It's not overly generous or suggested in a way that seems to encourage... manipulation? Cavalier habits? Not sure how to put it. It just gives players a chance to fix an honest mistake.
Having made this mistake in the very-distant past and kicked myself every time I see the Unnamed on my dragon's offspring list since, I like this. It's not overly generous or suggested in a way that seems to encourage... manipulation? Cavalier habits? Not sure how to put it. It just gives players a chance to fix an honest mistake.
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
Your exalt your choice - of course support. It was your dragon anyway.

And why not allow also naming exalted child which parent/s you own? It will not change anything for person which exalted him/her so I don't see any reasonable objections against it.
Your exalt your choice - of course support. It was your dragon anyway.

And why not allow also naming exalted child which parent/s you own? It will not change anything for person which exalted him/her so I don't see any reasonable objections against it.
+8h, She
Light Flight
Familiars Wishlist
___ Iz0e2b4.png
Old links:
Try clean lair!
old fest:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2266216
Sell FV and CS
FkAu8Li.pngibewym8.png22aOvgY.gifCkwvckv.pngcrxTv4c.pngcrxTv4c.pngcrxTv4c.pngFkAu8Li.png
- Sleeping Dragon Adopt?
Especially precognitors offsprings... https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23958016
Especially precognitors offsprings... https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23958016
+8h, She
Light Flight
Familiars Wishlist
___ Iz0e2b4.png
Old links:
Try clean lair!
old fest:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2266216
Sell FV and CS
FkAu8Li.pngibewym8.png22aOvgY.gifCkwvckv.pngcrxTv4c.pngcrxTv4c.pngcrxTv4c.pngFkAu8Li.png
- Sleeping Dragon Adopt?
1 2 3 4 5