Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ridgebacks, yes yes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I feel like Ridgebacks are criminally underrated. I barely see any in lairs and have never seen anyone use one as their avatar (me included, I’m not a hypocrite). Is there anyone who really really loves them? If not, is it because of the male’s snoot?

I personally adore them. Boop the snoot
I feel like Ridgebacks are criminally underrated. I barely see any in lairs and have never seen anyone use one as their avatar (me included, I’m not a hypocrite). Is there anyone who really really loves them? If not, is it because of the male’s snoot?

I personally adore them. Boop the snoot
6klg2iF.png
i adore ridgebacks!! the only reason i don't have any is because breed changing is expensive LOL. the F pose is so awesome, though!!!
i adore ridgebacks!! the only reason i don't have any is because breed changing is expensive LOL. the F pose is so awesome, though!!!
ani_bw-S_441.gifiiit's raven time!
i love them! so goofy and spiky, the way clothing lays on them is also pretty good for dressing them up!
i love them! so goofy and spiky, the way clothing lays on them is also pretty good for dressing them up!
take care of yourself, you rock! >:D
i have an entire lair tab dedicated to male ridgebacks they are incredible. especially with glimmer. gorgeous. powerful. snouted.
i have an entire lair tab dedicated to male ridgebacks they are incredible. especially with glimmer. gorgeous. powerful. snouted.
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
I like the female pose. It’s just a little boring to me compared to the other breeds so I don’t use it as much. As far as the males, go, I don’t mind the nose, but I really don’t like their facial expression or the body pose itself.
I like the female pose. It’s just a little boring to me compared to the other breeds so I don’t use it as much. As far as the males, go, I don’t mind the nose, but I really don’t like their facial expression or the body pose itself.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
If Ridgebacks have a million fans I am one of them. If Ridgebacks have one fan I'm that one. If Ridgebacks have no fans then I am no more on this earth. If the world is against Ridgebacks then I am against the world.
If Ridgebacks have a million fans I am one of them. If Ridgebacks have one fan I'm that one. If Ridgebacks have no fans then I am no more on this earth. If the world is against Ridgebacks then I am against the world.
I love ridgebacks. I used to have one with some lore as well from my previous lair. She was born a pearlcatcher but her pearl was stolen by two ridgebacks, so when she grew up she breed changed into a ridgeback and started stealing other pearlcatcher's pearls for revenge so they would feel the same way she once did.
I love ridgebacks. I used to have one with some lore as well from my previous lair. She was born a pearlcatcher but her pearl was stolen by two ridgebacks, so when she grew up she breed changed into a ridgeback and started stealing other pearlcatcher's pearls for revenge so they would feel the same way she once did.
8-BADFBF9-7-B11-4-F4-E-A48-C-0-FD2320-DF1-F8.png
I think by numbers ridgies are one of the least popular breeds, but like, people who love ridgebacks? REALLY love ridgebacks. I think notable example is @/Uniformshark, who has like, THE most expansive collection of ridgeback skins on site. anyway it's sorta like snappers, in that Generally, in an individual lair, you either spot 0-2 Or there are huge swathes of the lair taken over by the breed.

personally I actually really love ridgebacks by design--and I heavily prefer males to females, I LOVE the expression on the male poses face!! so much enthusiasm. admittedly though I have a hard time geneing ridgies because of their ratios--their spines are a blessing and a curse, in that they're accent-colored, which...mileage may vary. so despite liking em I have like, exactly 3 ridgebacks, and only ONE male. so tl;dr im a hypocrite,

anyway anyway bottom line is that if you find someone who likes ridgebacks they are usually ride or die for em, they ABSOLUTELY have their fans (which they deserve)
I think by numbers ridgies are one of the least popular breeds, but like, people who love ridgebacks? REALLY love ridgebacks. I think notable example is @/Uniformshark, who has like, THE most expansive collection of ridgeback skins on site. anyway it's sorta like snappers, in that Generally, in an individual lair, you either spot 0-2 Or there are huge swathes of the lair taken over by the breed.

personally I actually really love ridgebacks by design--and I heavily prefer males to females, I LOVE the expression on the male poses face!! so much enthusiasm. admittedly though I have a hard time geneing ridgies because of their ratios--their spines are a blessing and a curse, in that they're accent-colored, which...mileage may vary. so despite liking em I have like, exactly 3 ridgebacks, and only ONE male. so tl;dr im a hypocrite,

anyway anyway bottom line is that if you find someone who likes ridgebacks they are usually ride or die for em, they ABSOLUTELY have their fans (which they deserve)
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
they are pointy... honestly i wish i knew too why i like the breed so much, i know some of it is genuinely because i feel they wear genes the best out of every dragon breed. scry literally and gene combo as a ridgeback and it just works, i said that in another thread just today lmao. i've grown up with european depictions of dragons so seeing a breed that is just so stereotypically dragon (their head shapes feel very akin to the welsh red dragon but i don't know if that was purposeful, guardians look very similar to a dnd dragon so honestly yeah it probably was) is really fun. of course im big on literally anything being a dragon if you call it one so more out there designs are welcome too but i have to give props to the big pointy generic lizard for giving us a baseline to warp the concept of a dragon around.
they are pointy... honestly i wish i knew too why i like the breed so much, i know some of it is genuinely because i feel they wear genes the best out of every dragon breed. scry literally and gene combo as a ridgeback and it just works, i said that in another thread just today lmao. i've grown up with european depictions of dragons so seeing a breed that is just so stereotypically dragon (their head shapes feel very akin to the welsh red dragon but i don't know if that was purposeful, guardians look very similar to a dnd dragon so honestly yeah it probably was) is really fun. of course im big on literally anything being a dragon if you call it one so more out there designs are welcome too but i have to give props to the big pointy generic lizard for giving us a baseline to warp the concept of a dragon around.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
Despite my slight lack in numbers, snoots are one of my favorite breeds <33 I changed my progens into snoots :D

They can rock any look. Spooky? Perfect. Elegant? Amazing. Derpy? Immaculate.
The only thing I wish, was more skins/accents made for them. Every time I look on the AH, there's not a wide selection for either pose :( Makes me sad, because I'd probably have more if they had more skins.

But, that's by-the-by.
(Also, I'm in a minority of a minority that likes the male pose the most lol. I think it's still a minority >>)

EDIT:
Looking at skins, there's some cool ones on the AH right now ^^ I'll have to try to nab a few
Despite my slight lack in numbers, snoots are one of my favorite breeds <33 I changed my progens into snoots :D

They can rock any look. Spooky? Perfect. Elegant? Amazing. Derpy? Immaculate.
The only thing I wish, was more skins/accents made for them. Every time I look on the AH, there's not a wide selection for either pose :( Makes me sad, because I'd probably have more if they had more skins.

But, that's by-the-by.
(Also, I'm in a minority of a minority that likes the male pose the most lol. I think it's still a minority >>)

EDIT:
Looking at skins, there's some cool ones on the AH right now ^^ I'll have to try to nab a few
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)