Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i miss battlelisks
1 2 3 4
I too understand why they changed them, but still 100% prefer the old designs!
I too understand why they changed them, but still 100% prefer the old designs!
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2024-01-04 13:32:31" ] As a chicken mom and keeper of many roos... I'm happy we don't have the "realistic" spur blades. Also as a chicken mom, the wing blades make a fair amount of sense to me. They're one of the few birds that still have the dinosaur hand claw genes leftover and will use their wings for combat/defense almost as often as they'd kick or peck. I've had my glasses bent and knocked off my face from a good wingslap on more than one occasion, as well as had scratches over my hands from youths getting slappy during handling. Roosters also communicate with wing claps just before crowing and I can just imagine these guys just clanging away to see who's the biggest baddest. That's fun. The fact this is a fantasy setting with titanic flying creatures, feathered insectoid snakes and llama people kinda also helps with the suspension of disbelief. [/quote] @Halszkaraptor This is all really cool info I didn't know! Thank you for sharing. This makes me appreciate the new designs more. Personally I think the new designs are better balanced colour wise, and look more interesting and in line with the other art on the site. The original feels a bit muted and bland to me. The new ones also read more fantasy to me. Totally valid to prefer and miss the old ones. I do think it was the right choice though.
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2024-01-04 13:32:31:
As a chicken mom and keeper of many roos... I'm happy we don't have the "realistic" spur blades.

Also as a chicken mom, the wing blades make a fair amount of sense to me. They're one of the few birds that still have the dinosaur hand claw genes leftover and will use their wings for combat/defense almost as often as they'd kick or peck. I've had my glasses bent and knocked off my face from a good wingslap on more than one occasion, as well as had scratches over my hands from youths getting slappy during handling. Roosters also communicate with wing claps just before crowing and I can just imagine these guys just clanging away to see who's the biggest baddest. That's fun.

The fact this is a fantasy setting with titanic flying creatures, feathered insectoid snakes and llama people kinda also helps with the suspension of disbelief.
@Halszkaraptor This is all really cool info I didn't know! Thank you for sharing. This makes me appreciate the new designs more.

Personally I think the new designs are better balanced colour wise, and look more interesting and in line with the other art on the site. The original feels a bit muted and bland to me. The new ones also read more fantasy to me.
Totally valid to prefer and miss the old ones. I do think it was the right choice though.
cNaeyag.gif
The original design felt more practical, but the new design looks cooler. I'm big on "rule of cool" so I'm happy with the change.
The original design felt more practical, but the new design looks cooler. I'm big on "rule of cool" so I'm happy with the change.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
i feel like they should have the wing blades + additional sword. held in the claws perhaps. or the mouth for goose reminiscent chaos.
i feel like they should have the wing blades + additional sword. held in the claws perhaps. or the mouth for goose reminiscent chaos.
my personal project tracker

(link pending) lair lineage projects
wish they gave them natural rooster spurs alongside the wing blades which r cool as hell btw
wish they gave them natural rooster spurs alongside the wing blades which r cool as hell btw
ttGfSL1.png
The wing blades are pretty impractical, imo. They're just going to shred their own wings with every blow. There's nothing to prevent a wing from flexing into the path of the blades. I would have loved to see battle claws from Guardians of Ga'Hoole, but FR seems to be highly allergic to giving us weapons that fit the anatomy of whatever's using it.
The wing blades are pretty impractical, imo. They're just going to shred their own wings with every blow. There's nothing to prevent a wing from flexing into the path of the blades. I would have loved to see battle claws from Guardians of Ga'Hoole, but FR seems to be highly allergic to giving us weapons that fit the anatomy of whatever's using it.
[quote name="zirk" date="2024-01-04 14:16:07" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2024-01-04 13:50:31" ] Do they just walk around with their wings out all the time? This is like walking around with swords on your shoulders and elbows. [/quote] bro is death incarnate [img]https://i.imgur.com/MKcy2ty.png[/img] [/quote] helicopter
zirk wrote on 2024-01-04 14:16:07:
Almedha wrote on 2024-01-04 13:50:31:
Do they just walk around with their wings out all the time? This is like walking around with swords on your shoulders and elbows.

bro is death incarnate

MKcy2ty.png
helicopter
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
i like the new version! Except that the blades are on the inside of one wing and the outside of the other, which bothers me a Lot. This ‘inside of closer wing, outside of far wing’ happens on a few apparel pieces / designs / genes that are depicted on the near and far wings of both dragons and familiars on the site. It makes like… aesthetic sense for showing off details but i find it just a teeny bit grating. It’s like seeing a drawing with two left hands or something
i like the new version! Except that the blades are on the inside of one wing and the outside of the other, which bothers me a Lot. This ‘inside of closer wing, outside of far wing’ happens on a few apparel pieces / designs / genes that are depicted on the near and far wings of both dragons and familiars on the site. It makes like… aesthetic sense for showing off details but i find it just a teeny bit grating. It’s like seeing a drawing with two left hands or something
jIRALXN.pngNBJG3D5.gif
After doing research I fully understand why they changed it, the previous design looked exactly like real thing. I wish they gave them a mace of something though, the wing blades look a lil funny lol.
After doing research I fully understand why they changed it, the previous design looked exactly like real thing. I wish they gave them a mace of something though, the wing blades look a lil funny lol.
91741235.png77876607.png
@Basilbub I think they actually have blades on the inside AND outside, if you look closely.
So 6 blades per wing, but only 3 and a half are visible in the art.

I think it looks impractical and like they'd shred their own wings. I am not a fan lol
@Basilbub I think they actually have blades on the inside AND outside, if you look closely.
So 6 blades per wing, but only 3 and a half are visible in the art.

I think it looks impractical and like they'd shred their own wings. I am not a fan lol
The Dream Guardian Subspecies RcjtOrM.png
1 2 3 4