Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add KS Items to the Achievement Shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
i don't see the point in adding KS familiars or apparel to the achievement shop, recolours? sure. but seeing as we have 1000's of apparel to choose from. a few pieces of apparel being beding a kickstarter is fine to me. there are alternatives and if there isn't there will be eventually.

and we have fiona for KS fams. sure you can't own it and equip it to a dragon, name it etc but its a pretty good alternative that keeps KS fam's rarity

however, i do agree with adding imp scrolls to the achievements shop. its a bit ridiculous that you basically can't change a breed of a dragon to an imp just because you didn't shell out $40 ten years ago to a kickstarter. as long as its legal, and the VAST MAJORITY of backers (like 99%) are fine with it then why not? it would solve a lot of problems (eg: cross-trading, the "black market", hacking for said KS items etc)

but ofc that's just wishful thinking, i really doubt the team would even consider adding a way for non-backers to easily obtain KS items, even if most backers are ok with it

partial support. as long as its legal
i don't see the point in adding KS familiars or apparel to the achievement shop, recolours? sure. but seeing as we have 1000's of apparel to choose from. a few pieces of apparel being beding a kickstarter is fine to me. there are alternatives and if there isn't there will be eventually.

and we have fiona for KS fams. sure you can't own it and equip it to a dragon, name it etc but its a pretty good alternative that keeps KS fam's rarity

however, i do agree with adding imp scrolls to the achievements shop. its a bit ridiculous that you basically can't change a breed of a dragon to an imp just because you didn't shell out $40 ten years ago to a kickstarter. as long as its legal, and the VAST MAJORITY of backers (like 99%) are fine with it then why not? it would solve a lot of problems (eg: cross-trading, the "black market", hacking for said KS items etc)

but ofc that's just wishful thinking, i really doubt the team would even consider adding a way for non-backers to easily obtain KS items, even if most backers are ok with it

partial support. as long as its legal
she/her
autistic
ping pls
fr+8
only reason I am more low on achievement point is because chickens. and few scenes that I liked but for most I feel like I forget it exists (even tho I fill out my achievement pursuit thingy and so far had it all for whole months since out)

yeah having something more in achievements would be neat... but don't think this is right spot for KS items? even tho yeah I am in support of them being back somehow (at least give is items close enough to them. we have skulls from Warrior Way to be like that skull KS thing I forget name of, but that scroll thing? I so wish for. and some older fest items for outfits...), but hey we can wish for it

if it would be a thing to return, it should def be a thing to work hard for and I would be up for. I would not mind working for year or two for item if I can know I can own it by end of it. the thing I kinda like in idea of achievement points is that you kinda can't rush it? it does force you to work month by month, really sets you to wait vs "just grind/gather a lot for Swipp stuff". but at same might be issue because how much these points are limited. I don't have too worry too much about buying gem genes because I will in few days have enough gems to buy some other gem thing

but at same... I would not mind higher stuff in Avery's store - genes are generaly desirable and Carnivore for sansurges would be great, but idk we need something bit more there. more fancy genes, special breed, something more to work for
only reason I am more low on achievement point is because chickens. and few scenes that I liked but for most I feel like I forget it exists (even tho I fill out my achievement pursuit thingy and so far had it all for whole months since out)

yeah having something more in achievements would be neat... but don't think this is right spot for KS items? even tho yeah I am in support of them being back somehow (at least give is items close enough to them. we have skulls from Warrior Way to be like that skull KS thing I forget name of, but that scroll thing? I so wish for. and some older fest items for outfits...), but hey we can wish for it

if it would be a thing to return, it should def be a thing to work hard for and I would be up for. I would not mind working for year or two for item if I can know I can own it by end of it. the thing I kinda like in idea of achievement points is that you kinda can't rush it? it does force you to work month by month, really sets you to wait vs "just grind/gather a lot for Swipp stuff". but at same might be issue because how much these points are limited. I don't have too worry too much about buying gem genes because I will in few days have enough gems to buy some other gem thing

but at same... I would not mind higher stuff in Avery's store - genes are generaly desirable and Carnivore for sansurges would be great, but idk we need something bit more there. more fancy genes, special breed, something more to work for
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2024-01-01 16:58:05" ] I wish I had the gal some people have lmao. No support for obvious reasons [/quote] The gall to what. Ask for something to change? What "obvious reasons"? Anyway. Support. I think that getting old items back into circulation, even at low amounts at a time, is a good thing. Forced scarcity breeds discontent, and since we're all dealing in pixels here I think it's okay to not take things too seriously. I have no general stake in how much the items should cost, though I think the "work hard for a year" idea is a untenable and a little silly. Legality wise, I think FR are in the clear so long as they delivered what was promised to backers, which I have no reason to believe that they haven't. So KS items being put into general circulation a decade later should be perfectly fine.
Contaminate wrote on 2024-01-01 16:58:05:
I wish I had the gal some people have lmao. No support for obvious reasons

The gall to what. Ask for something to change? What "obvious reasons"?

Anyway.

Support. I think that getting old items back into circulation, even at low amounts at a time, is a good thing. Forced scarcity breeds discontent, and since we're all dealing in pixels here I think it's okay to not take things too seriously. I have no general stake in how much the items should cost, though I think the "work hard for a year" idea is a untenable and a little silly.

Legality wise, I think FR are in the clear so long as they delivered what was promised to backers, which I have no reason to believe that they haven't. So KS items being put into general circulation a decade later should be perfectly fine.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
i'd honestly love this. i just don't know how realistic it would be
i'd honestly love this. i just don't know how realistic it would be
tumblr_inline_oopznbhmvJ1u5ynwc_540.pngvee | it/its | +3 FR time | PWYW arttumblr_inline_oopznbhmvJ1u5ynwc_540.png
CDEDBE49-F090-441-B-9239-31-F580-D3992-B.png
p3Lr8aR.pngACOZFAh.pngrQfqxOq.png
1YB0OjO.pngrI18gRz.png7Iu4Ec0.png
No support.

I do agree that the achievement shop needs some high value items. I don't see any reason why they should be KS items. Staff won't release a single imp scroll once via Roundsey due to the financial impact. There is no way they will release an unlimited number via an achievement shop... for 2k? No.

No support.

I do agree that the achievement shop needs some high value items. I don't see any reason why they should be KS items. Staff won't release a single imp scroll once via Roundsey due to the financial impact. There is no way they will release an unlimited number via an achievement shop... for 2k? No.

ZQGfAQY.png
Like can we please at least get the apparel or something

I've only been around since 2018 but my take on it is that everything EXCEPT imp scrolls should be accessible in some way eventually

Look at cattails. Certain tier backers of the game forgot to make their own custom skin colors and if they wanted to they could share the skin or not. Just because it's a KS item doesn't mean it has to be blocked off FOREVER
Like can we please at least get the apparel or something

I've only been around since 2018 but my take on it is that everything EXCEPT imp scrolls should be accessible in some way eventually

Look at cattails. Certain tier backers of the game forgot to make their own custom skin colors and if they wanted to they could share the skin or not. Just because it's a KS item doesn't mean it has to be blocked off FOREVER
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
No support for the actual KS items, but I'd gladly support similar-looking dupes like the Champion's skull and its variations from Warrior's Way, so that people who want items that look like the KS items could have the chance to get them.
No support for the actual KS items, but I'd gladly support similar-looking dupes like the Champion's skull and its variations from Warrior's Way, so that people who want items that look like the KS items could have the chance to get them.
by-knighterrant.png
[quote name="AliceShiki" date="2024-01-01 17:13:38" ] I support this because I would like to have access to some KS items, but like... Well, I don't think it's a realistic suggestion. I mean, some people say that there is no legally binding contract related to KS, but... I dunno if that is really true? It probably depends on the wording of the KS itself? If the KS page advertised the items as exclusive, then that's probably legally binding. OTOH, if the KS page just advertised the items as "KS Bonuses", then it's probably something they could re-release. Also, there is also the fact that the devs probably want to keep those old players happy, and while the people who bother with talking on forums will probably almost always support this kind of suggestion, that doesn't mean that the backers who never bother with looking at the suggestion forums feel the same... The devs probably don't wanna annoy those people who won't voice their thoughts until something they dislike happens. Also worth note is that there are probably grounds for a lawsuit if something like this is done... Sure, the devs would probably win it, but having a lawsuit in itself means that the devs would lose time and money fighting it on court until they win. It would be a huge stressful ordeal and would cost them a lot regardless of the result, so... Devs probably don't wanna deal with this mess. So... Overall, I just don't see it happening. It seems much easier, from a development standpoint, to just ignore the existence of the demand for KS items at all and move along while focusing on other things. It's simply safer and much less of a headache for them. Granted, I'd be happy with having a Boolean and some Imp g1s, but... Well, I can make do with not having those thingies~ [/quote] As far as I understand, the only legal obligation that exists between KS, backers, and creators is that if a project is funded, the creator must fulfill the rewards they promised and complete the project to the best of their ability. If a creator fails to deliver the rewards, they are obligated to refund their backers; backers may otherwise pursue legal action against them. Most creators will maintain KS reward exclusivity out of respect for their backers, but it is not a stated obligation, and it's unlikely that any suit on those grounds would even make it to court. Plenty of creators have re-released their KS rewards to the general public after a period of time without much fanfare; it's really much more about not upsetting people and creating intra-community conflict than avoiding lawsuits. I'm not sure where I stand on this issue, but I just wanted to clear up that misconception.
AliceShiki wrote on 2024-01-01 17:13:38:
I support this because I would like to have access to some KS items, but like... Well, I don't think it's a realistic suggestion.

I mean, some people say that there is no legally binding contract related to KS, but... I dunno if that is really true? It probably depends on the wording of the KS itself? If the KS page advertised the items as exclusive, then that's probably legally binding. OTOH, if the KS page just advertised the items as "KS Bonuses", then it's probably something they could re-release.

Also, there is also the fact that the devs probably want to keep those old players happy, and while the people who bother with talking on forums will probably almost always support this kind of suggestion, that doesn't mean that the backers who never bother with looking at the suggestion forums feel the same... The devs probably don't wanna annoy those people who won't voice their thoughts until something they dislike happens.

Also worth note is that there are probably grounds for a lawsuit if something like this is done... Sure, the devs would probably win it, but having a lawsuit in itself means that the devs would lose time and money fighting it on court until they win. It would be a huge stressful ordeal and would cost them a lot regardless of the result, so... Devs probably don't wanna deal with this mess.

So... Overall, I just don't see it happening. It seems much easier, from a development standpoint, to just ignore the existence of the demand for KS items at all and move along while focusing on other things. It's simply safer and much less of a headache for them.

Granted, I'd be happy with having a Boolean and some Imp g1s, but... Well, I can make do with not having those thingies~

As far as I understand, the only legal obligation that exists between KS, backers, and creators is that if a project is funded, the creator must fulfill the rewards they promised and complete the project to the best of their ability. If a creator fails to deliver the rewards, they are obligated to refund their backers; backers may otherwise pursue legal action against them. Most creators will maintain KS reward exclusivity out of respect for their backers, but it is not a stated obligation, and it's unlikely that any suit on those grounds would even make it to court. Plenty of creators have re-released their KS rewards to the general public after a period of time without much fanfare; it's really much more about not upsetting people and creating intra-community conflict than avoiding lawsuits.

I'm not sure where I stand on this issue, but I just wanted to clear up that misconception.
Coming back to this to add something else after talking to my friends But— Maybe this is a very unpopular opinion, but I think the ks items NEED to be devalued.
If I can be bold, I genuinely feel as though the chase to get the “next” imperial scroll is actively detrimental to other starting pet sites.
I won’t name any by name, but I’ve seen two recently run Kickstarters and both have had people outright saying they were buying the KS exclusive breed changes just to resell in the future and nothing more is outright not healthy for a petsites start.
The fact that Ive seen the ks breed for one be bought at $30 USD minimum for the actual ks and then sell for roughly $400 after the sites launch and then people abandon their accounts after selling is. Not good. A change at the source could help them.
Coming back to this to add something else after talking to my friends But— Maybe this is a very unpopular opinion, but I think the ks items NEED to be devalued.
If I can be bold, I genuinely feel as though the chase to get the “next” imperial scroll is actively detrimental to other starting pet sites.
I won’t name any by name, but I’ve seen two recently run Kickstarters and both have had people outright saying they were buying the KS exclusive breed changes just to resell in the future and nothing more is outright not healthy for a petsites start.
The fact that Ive seen the ks breed for one be bought at $30 USD minimum for the actual ks and then sell for roughly $400 after the sites launch and then people abandon their accounts after selling is. Not good. A change at the source could help them.
ZTnIVNJ.gif FbAeDb0.gif
I question if this the way to do it, but I do think ks items could do with some new instances. I just think those instances should be very finite... One ks item per user and it's a pain and/or takes a long time to unlock (so not every user will be getting one) kind of thing.

A once per account purchase of a jox box of sort might work for the suggested implementation..? (Or a voucher... Little less mean..)
I question if this the way to do it, but I do think ks items could do with some new instances. I just think those instances should be very finite... One ks item per user and it's a pain and/or takes a long time to unlock (so not every user will be getting one) kind of thing.

A once per account purchase of a jox box of sort might work for the suggested implementation..? (Or a voucher... Little less mean..)
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18