Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unpopular media you like?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
More of some sections of the Pokemon fandom, but i ADORE pokespe (yellow is my pfp wherever i can have it) and also just. i adore johto, one of the more forgotten regions within the pokemon series. sometimes i have to defend myself for liking it because "it has no story" (if it had a story i bet people would complain about it anyway), "the level scaling is bad" (but exp candies are fine?), "half of the game is literally kanto" (at the time of gen 2, this was a near-impossible marvel of storage), "chikorita sucks" (sure, going through brock and misty with a fire type is fine, but going through falkner and bugsy with a grass type isnt? coward /lh)

my advice for enjoying the unpopular things from pokemon like johto and galar is that the fandom will cram their complaints down your throat at every turn - ignore them. pokemon is so good when you dont have people in your ear telling you it sucks <3
More of some sections of the Pokemon fandom, but i ADORE pokespe (yellow is my pfp wherever i can have it) and also just. i adore johto, one of the more forgotten regions within the pokemon series. sometimes i have to defend myself for liking it because "it has no story" (if it had a story i bet people would complain about it anyway), "the level scaling is bad" (but exp candies are fine?), "half of the game is literally kanto" (at the time of gen 2, this was a near-impossible marvel of storage), "chikorita sucks" (sure, going through brock and misty with a fire type is fine, but going through falkner and bugsy with a grass type isnt? coward /lh)

my advice for enjoying the unpopular things from pokemon like johto and galar is that the fandom will cram their complaints down your throat at every turn - ignore them. pokemon is so good when you dont have people in your ear telling you it sucks <3
79659922.png come appreciate booger
he is the dragon of all time
J7D1quC.png
lAvpyOQ.pngxgrjPS4.png
i collect ghostly auras! Ghostly Aura
Some were already mentioned here, but instead of putting 4 different quotes here, I'll just mention them again:

Rayman 3 My first and only Rayman game I ever played, It has been over a decade since I played it but I don't have any negative memories of it.

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly and The Legend of Spyro Series Enter the Dragonfly was my first ever Spyro game, It was a little buggy but it was one of my favorite PS2 games. I also quite enjoyed the Legend of Spyro series. The battle mechanics of the first game were cool and I liked the designs of the Adult dragons, the story was...does anyone know that feeling when you watch a movie that wasn't well made and you know it, but you still enjoy it? That's how I feel about the game's story.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate This is not really about the game itself but more about a certain mechanic: underwater combat. I liked it and I want it to return.
Some were already mentioned here, but instead of putting 4 different quotes here, I'll just mention them again:

Rayman 3 My first and only Rayman game I ever played, It has been over a decade since I played it but I don't have any negative memories of it.

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly and The Legend of Spyro Series Enter the Dragonfly was my first ever Spyro game, It was a little buggy but it was one of my favorite PS2 games. I also quite enjoyed the Legend of Spyro series. The battle mechanics of the first game were cool and I liked the designs of the Adult dragons, the story was...does anyone know that feeling when you watch a movie that wasn't well made and you know it, but you still enjoy it? That's how I feel about the game's story.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate This is not really about the game itself but more about a certain mechanic: underwater combat. I liked it and I want it to return.
OSPKX5l.png
Any transformers animated series that’s good and the Michael Bay movies as well are actually some of my favorite movies of all time. I just really like transformers, I think. (Where I live they’re rather disliked so I am the one in the minority who willingly rewatches them a lot.)
Any transformers animated series that’s good and the Michael Bay movies as well are actually some of my favorite movies of all time. I just really like transformers, I think. (Where I live they’re rather disliked so I am the one in the minority who willingly rewatches them a lot.)
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
Not hated, but extremely unpopular / niche

Is Hot Wheels Highway 35 (World Race) and the 4 Acceleracers movies (Ignition, Speed of Silence, Breaking Point, The Ultimate Race)

These movies are hidden gems, like downright some of the best movies out there simply made for the Hot Wheels 35th anniversary, too bad Mattel and Warner decided to drop it because the 5th movie was a bit too dark

buuuut if you've heard of Battle Force 5, the WHOLE idea for transforming cars WAS taken and reused from the cancelled Acceleracers films.
Not hated, but extremely unpopular / niche

Is Hot Wheels Highway 35 (World Race) and the 4 Acceleracers movies (Ignition, Speed of Silence, Breaking Point, The Ultimate Race)

These movies are hidden gems, like downright some of the best movies out there simply made for the Hot Wheels 35th anniversary, too bad Mattel and Warner decided to drop it because the 5th movie was a bit too dark

buuuut if you've heard of Battle Force 5, the WHOLE idea for transforming cars WAS taken and reused from the cancelled Acceleracers films.
| He/They | 23 | FR+3 | Storyteller | Author | Freelance Musician|
90844443.png 83070145p.png 93458229.png
There was this movie I watched on the elusive streaming service NowTV where the main conflict was that this guy turns into a caterpillar. The most I remember was the visuals from where the guy was just about metamorphosing into a butterfly andthe fact he was being worshipped as a god by some tribe. Forgettable but it had interesting ideas.

I feel like Now(TV) is slept on because nobody talks about it. Some of their original animations they had was really unique and stood out from the rest. Mainly Mune Guardian of the moon. Guys, it had a 2d animated segment, that's way more than any animation studio would do! Movies don't do that these days! And there's a unique premise with the sun-people, the moon-people and the clay people who live inbetween light and dark. Also the creatures that tow the sun and moon themselves.

Personally I've never heard anybody talk about that streaming service and I don't care if its overall portfolio was mediocre (excluding the fact it had the original spiderverse). it was trying something different and that's all that counts.
There was this movie I watched on the elusive streaming service NowTV where the main conflict was that this guy turns into a caterpillar. The most I remember was the visuals from where the guy was just about metamorphosing into a butterfly andthe fact he was being worshipped as a god by some tribe. Forgettable but it had interesting ideas.

I feel like Now(TV) is slept on because nobody talks about it. Some of their original animations they had was really unique and stood out from the rest. Mainly Mune Guardian of the moon. Guys, it had a 2d animated segment, that's way more than any animation studio would do! Movies don't do that these days! And there's a unique premise with the sun-people, the moon-people and the clay people who live inbetween light and dark. Also the creatures that tow the sun and moon themselves.

Personally I've never heard anybody talk about that streaming service and I don't care if its overall portfolio was mediocre (excluding the fact it had the original spiderverse). it was trying something different and that's all that counts.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
I think treasure planet counts as a unpopular movie that I enjoy.
I think treasure planet counts as a unpopular movie that I enjoy.
dragons I'm currently selling
[quote name="DAYAX0N" date="2023-12-23 15:39:30" ] points wildly at Robots In Disguise (2015) i do understand all of the criticisms that the show gets, and after watching some video essays, i do see how it could have been better, but i honestly don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be. it's definitely a LOT better if you try to kind of... ignore the fact that it's supposed to be a sequel to Prime, and just take it as its own thing. [/quote] OH MY GOSH, I WAS ABOUT TO SAY THE SAME THING. best part of that series is 100% the character designs. They're soooooo fun! not to mention really cool and creative!
DAYAX0N wrote on 2023-12-23 15:39:30:
points wildly at Robots In Disguise (2015)
i do understand all of the criticisms that the show gets, and after watching some video essays, i do see how it could have been better, but i honestly don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be. it's definitely a LOT better if you try to kind of... ignore the fact that it's supposed to be a sequel to Prime, and just take it as its own thing.
OH MY GOSH, I WAS ABOUT TO SAY THE SAME THING.

best part of that series is 100% the character designs. They're soooooo fun! not to mention really cool and creative!
megastar 4 ever whooo!!!
3a0YNzz.png aesq82D.gif
The movie Professor Layton and the eternal Diva. Watched it once (1) with my family after watching it a few times alone and stopped after they criticized it without naming one good thing, which they absolutely could?? The music which is a main theme throughout and impossible to not notice? But also the story overall. The Layton series was a big part of my childhood.
The movie Professor Layton and the eternal Diva. Watched it once (1) with my family after watching it a few times alone and stopped after they criticized it without naming one good thing, which they absolutely could?? The music which is a main theme throughout and impossible to not notice? But also the story overall. The Layton series was a big part of my childhood.
ACqf9Pb.png
[quote name="luckydragonwolf" date="2023-12-29 20:13:39" ] More of some sections of the Pokemon fandom, but i ADORE pokespe (yellow is my pfp wherever i can have it) and also just. i adore johto, one of the more forgotten regions within the pokemon series. sometimes i have to defend myself for liking it because "it has no story" (if it had a story i bet people would complain about it anyway), "the level scaling is bad" (but exp candies are fine?), "half of the game is literally kanto" (at the time of gen 2, this was a near-impossible marvel of storage), "chikorita sucks" (sure, going through brock and misty with a fire type is fine, but going through falkner and bugsy with a grass type isnt? coward /lh) [/quote] Agree completely. Johto is still the best imo. HGSS are nearly perfect games and so are G/S/C. I'll do you one better: I think Let's Go are some of the better Pokemon games released in recent years. If it had normal wild battles, it would have been even better. People absolutely hate these games for no real reason other than "it's for babies" (?????) I agree they're very easy, but I don't think that makes them bad, per-se. They are clearly aimed at younger players but I think the aesthetic, being able to ride [i]your own Pokemon[/i], the way they follow you and their unique animations, are [i]all better[/i] than most of the newer games have done. If there was a game that balanced Let's Go's mechanics with the "normal" mechanics, it would have been great. This is another unpopular opinion, but I actually [i]liked[/i] that Let's Go changed how stats worked. I really wish Pokemon would consider changing up how stat formulas, etc. worked because it's really stale at this point. The power creep is out of control and they just won't rebalance older Pokemon in a substantial way. :/
luckydragonwolf wrote on 2023-12-29 20:13:39:

Agree completely. Johto is still the best imo. HGSS are nearly perfect games and so are G/S/C.

I'll do you one better: I think Let's Go are some of the better Pokemon games released in recent years. If it had normal wild battles, it would have been even better. People absolutely hate these games for no real reason other than "it's for babies" (?????)

I agree they're very easy, but I don't think that makes them bad, per-se. They are clearly aimed at younger players but I think the aesthetic, being able to ride your own Pokemon, the way they follow you and their unique animations, are all better than most of the newer games have done.

If there was a game that balanced Let's Go's mechanics with the "normal" mechanics, it would have been great. This is another unpopular opinion, but I actually liked that Let's Go changed how stats worked. I really wish Pokemon would consider changing up how stat formulas, etc. worked because it's really stale at this point. The power creep is out of control and they just won't rebalance older Pokemon in a substantial way. :/

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
Not disliked nor hated but extremely unknown is the anime Shinsekai Yori. It's my favorite ever sinve I first watched back in 2012 and it still is to this day, even though it's unknown, the few people who watched absolutely love it, myself included, I highly recommend this anime. (Some gifs from SSY also please listhen to [url=https://soundcloud.com/evsu17b9fd03/shinsekai-yori-traditional?si=935b66a957404b8c91e843cf78ade4f0&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing]this OST[/url].) [img]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dv7zSP0JC80/Wn7N89qOioI/AAAAAAAAICE/RcsC4GdMlRApBS9jjSxOXXaiatQuY-GrACLcBGAs/s1600/original.gif[/img] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/03/54/ae/0354aefc1839e5f673418860726e8d1d.gif[/img] [img]https://i.gifer.com/AUi2.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/WTj57hr.gif[/img]
Not disliked nor hated but extremely unknown is the anime Shinsekai Yori. It's my favorite ever sinve I first watched back in 2012 and it still is to this day, even though it's unknown, the few people who watched absolutely love it, myself included, I highly recommend this anime.

(Some gifs from SSY also please listhen to this OST.)

original.gif
0354aefc1839e5f673418860726e8d1d.gif
AUi2.gif
WTj57hr.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8