Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Time After Deities | Open RP
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
((OOC: oh my gosh, i'm so sorry that took so long! i thought i was going to get my response out on christmas but so much was going on! sorry for delaying!))

Jagged Cliffs: New Encounters!

Seiche noticed the creature descending into the water, its wings visibly torn as it crashed into the depths beneath the cliffs. Despite the darkness, Seiche was able to easily see that this creature was protecting its face instead of swimming up at all. This perplexed the leviathan—wouldn't a creature from the land instinctively rise to the surface? Without realizing the significant size difference, Seiche swiftly swam toward the bird-like creature in the water.

Suddenly, a different creature had jumped into the water. This shocked the mini leviathan as the much larger creature swam deep under to help the "Talonok.” Seiche, uncertain about the swimming capabilities of both dragons, approached the scene cautiously, filled with curiosity. Should she offer assistance? Her swimming abilities were extraordinary, but what if they preferred to handle the situation on their own? Seiche felt torn about what to do in this moment of uncertainty.

After a brief hesitation, Seiche made the decision to fully approach the two, disregarding Wellian's calls behind them. Ignoring her father, she wrapped her tail around the body of the creature and assisted by pulling from above. The buoyancy of the water played to their advantage, rendering the creature surprisingly light in the water with the help of the feathery creature below. Seiche could only hope that both of them were alright.

((edit: i rewrote seiche's portion!! i'm so sorry to @/DarkMoon9. i did not mean to disregard anything in your post! i hope this is an okay edit? let me know if you want anything changed (no offense taken at all, i promise! you did not come off as rude <3)))

The golem listened intently to the dragon speaking to it. It seemed like she was just as lost as it was. Where were all the dragons, and what happened to the lives of those who lived here? In the recent awakenings, the golem had found the environment nearly devoid of life, except for a handful of wary Maren navigating the waters below, who seemed to harbor a fear of the rock-like entity. Desiring answers, the golem sought answers, yet no one seemed willing to respond. Finally, here was a dragon capable of comprehending and conversing with it.

“Starwood Strand?” The location sounded familiar. The golem closed its eyes as it thought; perhaps it could assist this dragon. After all, its purpose was clear—to safeguard and aid the lives of others. "I believe you might be heading in the wrong direction. You must journey southwest. That's where the trees emit a soft glow," the golem conveyed, offering guidance to the dragon. Hopefully this dragon can find her friends. It hoped to do the same.
((OOC: oh my gosh, i'm so sorry that took so long! i thought i was going to get my response out on christmas but so much was going on! sorry for delaying!))

Jagged Cliffs: New Encounters!

Seiche noticed the creature descending into the water, its wings visibly torn as it crashed into the depths beneath the cliffs. Despite the darkness, Seiche was able to easily see that this creature was protecting its face instead of swimming up at all. This perplexed the leviathan—wouldn't a creature from the land instinctively rise to the surface? Without realizing the significant size difference, Seiche swiftly swam toward the bird-like creature in the water.

Suddenly, a different creature had jumped into the water. This shocked the mini leviathan as the much larger creature swam deep under to help the "Talonok.” Seiche, uncertain about the swimming capabilities of both dragons, approached the scene cautiously, filled with curiosity. Should she offer assistance? Her swimming abilities were extraordinary, but what if they preferred to handle the situation on their own? Seiche felt torn about what to do in this moment of uncertainty.

After a brief hesitation, Seiche made the decision to fully approach the two, disregarding Wellian's calls behind them. Ignoring her father, she wrapped her tail around the body of the creature and assisted by pulling from above. The buoyancy of the water played to their advantage, rendering the creature surprisingly light in the water with the help of the feathery creature below. Seiche could only hope that both of them were alright.

((edit: i rewrote seiche's portion!! i'm so sorry to @/DarkMoon9. i did not mean to disregard anything in your post! i hope this is an okay edit? let me know if you want anything changed (no offense taken at all, i promise! you did not come off as rude <3)))

The golem listened intently to the dragon speaking to it. It seemed like she was just as lost as it was. Where were all the dragons, and what happened to the lives of those who lived here? In the recent awakenings, the golem had found the environment nearly devoid of life, except for a handful of wary Maren navigating the waters below, who seemed to harbor a fear of the rock-like entity. Desiring answers, the golem sought answers, yet no one seemed willing to respond. Finally, here was a dragon capable of comprehending and conversing with it.

“Starwood Strand?” The location sounded familiar. The golem closed its eyes as it thought; perhaps it could assist this dragon. After all, its purpose was clear—to safeguard and aid the lives of others. "I believe you might be heading in the wrong direction. You must journey southwest. That's where the trees emit a soft glow," the golem conveyed, offering guidance to the dragon. Hopefully this dragon can find her friends. It hoped to do the same.
muah Ny2nyyg.png x xenonyn
pings are welcomed!
fr +3 | est/edt
isfp | capricorn
i love the color green
jilian
xxxxxxx J0iUWhB.png
5Hr7pRA.png
DGTLR6o.png
3CInD4g.png
Dmsnoiy.png
x mneBrSJ.png hello, ur
a cutie
((OOC: @LeeXeno (sorry for the ping, just directing this towards you)
Wait, what? I hope I’m not coming off rude or angry or anything with this, it’s not intentional, but I wrote that my character was also attempting to swim Vida to the surface (it’s in the last paragraph). I don’t if you had already written part of your post before I posted mine or if you just missed it (once again I hope this doesn’t seem rude), but would it be okay for you to edit Seiche’s part in your post? Thanks, and sorry again ^^’))
((OOC: @LeeXeno (sorry for the ping, just directing this towards you)
Wait, what? I hope I’m not coming off rude or angry or anything with this, it’s not intentional, but I wrote that my character was also attempting to swim Vida to the surface (it’s in the last paragraph). I don’t if you had already written part of your post before I posted mine or if you just missed it (once again I hope this doesn’t seem rude), but would it be okay for you to edit Seiche’s part in your post? Thanks, and sorry again ^^’))
IMG-7768-removebg-preview.png
Call me Dark!
She/Her
((ooc: oh shoot, i'm so very behind!! lets void most of my response regarding Seiche and just focus on the golem then, my head is everywhere! i'm so sorry @DarkMoon9, i promise i read your response <3

edit: i will rewrite seiche's portion!! just give me some time; you guys may continue

edit 2: it is now rewritten!))
((ooc: oh shoot, i'm so very behind!! lets void most of my response regarding Seiche and just focus on the golem then, my head is everywhere! i'm so sorry @DarkMoon9, i promise i read your response <3

edit: i will rewrite seiche's portion!! just give me some time; you guys may continue

edit 2: it is now rewritten!))
pings are welcomed!
fr +3 | est/edt
isfp | capricorn
i love the color green
jilian
xxxxxxx J0iUWhB.png
5Hr7pRA.png
DGTLR6o.png
3CInD4g.png
Dmsnoiy.png
x mneBrSJ.png hello, ur
a cutie
[center] [b] OOC: [/b] @/LeeXeno btw it is totally fine if life stuff comes up it happens to all of us we are human! you are absolutely fine if your response maybe delayed at times its totally understandable! that kind of goes for everyone but i don't want anyone stressing about it its cool we all vibin here lmao [emoji=banescale laughing size=1] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- @pinglist-14560 [b] Vida - Cliffside Ocean [/b] Struggling to rise, Vida panicked as the water began to lap at his throat. His feet kicked frantically in the water, but to no avail. [i] My mask! Where the hell is my mask?! [/i] Just as his limbs where ready to give out and let him sink to the depths, there was a shoving from underneath. Help, someone had come to help him. Flapping his wings frantically he used the height to try and gather some air under his wings. And project himself out of this prison, but even with an extra push he just couldn't seem to get above the sea line. Curse these useless wing! Then he felt more elevated, his torso free from the water! With not much grace he was able to rise from the ocean's grip and shakily glide over to a nearby rock where he promptly collapsed. Sea water gushed out from his insides, he wheezed trying to catch his breath. Someone... had saved his life. Gradually, his claws slipped from his face as he gazed outward in search of his savors. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [b] Arlo - Cliffside - Rock Golem, Russell [/b] The sun had begun to rise in the sky, night had passed so quickly. Arlo had gone from worried to frightened as his eyes darted around the open plains below him. The salty breeze coming in from the nearby cliffside stuck to his tongue like a rotten fruit. But it wasn't just the sea he spotted ahead, no there was something far more parculiar than he expected. A giant made of rock conversing with... an enormous snake? The kingdom of the pillar was a strange place indeed, barren as it be. But something that lay not far from the two titans caught Arlo's attention almost immediately. [i] Vida's headdress! Oh no... [/i] Without a second thought he swooped down to examine it. All but forgetting about the golem and beast just mer feet away. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [b] OOC: [/b] CAUGHT MID POSTING LMAO

OOC: @/LeeXeno btw it is totally fine if life stuff comes up it happens to all of us we are human! you are absolutely fine if your response maybe delayed at times its totally understandable! that kind of goes for everyone but i don't want anyone stressing about it its cool we all vibin here lmao

@pinglist-14560

Vida - Cliffside Ocean

Struggling to rise, Vida panicked as the water began to lap at his throat. His feet kicked frantically in the water, but to no avail. My mask! Where the hell is my mask?! Just as his limbs where ready to give out and let him sink to the depths, there was a shoving from underneath. Help, someone had come to help him. Flapping his wings frantically he used the height to try and gather some air under his wings. And project himself out of this prison, but even with an extra push he just couldn't seem to get above the sea line. Curse these useless wing! Then he felt more elevated, his torso free from the water! With not much grace he was able to rise from the ocean's grip and shakily glide over to a nearby rock where he promptly collapsed. Sea water gushed out from his insides, he wheezed trying to catch his breath. Someone... had saved his life. Gradually, his claws slipped from his face as he gazed outward in search of his savors.

Arlo - Cliffside - Rock Golem, Russell

The sun had begun to rise in the sky, night had passed so quickly. Arlo had gone from worried to frightened as his eyes darted around the open plains below him. The salty breeze coming in from the nearby cliffside stuck to his tongue like a rotten fruit. But it wasn't just the sea he spotted ahead, no there was something far more parculiar than he expected. A giant made of rock conversing with... an enormous snake? The kingdom of the pillar was a strange place indeed, barren as it be. But something that lay not far from the two titans caught Arlo's attention almost immediately.

Vida's headdress! Oh no...

Without a second thought he swooped down to examine it. All but forgetting about the golem and beast just mer feet away.

OOC: CAUGHT MID POSTING LMAO

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
((OOC: @/LeeXeno Thanks! It looks good, but just one thing. Seiche is probably around the same size or larger than Ryma, and Vida would be of a similar size to or larger than Seiche. From some quick sifting through Dragon Search, SD adults seem to average at 3-5 m (length), undertide hatchlings at around 4-6 m, and mirrors at around 5-7 m. Also, Ryma is on the smaller side in my head.
Sorry to be nitpick-y, but I just thought I’d mention it as you wrote that Ryma was a “much larger creature.”
Thanks for responding and rewriting so quickly, I’m so excited to finally get into the RP! I’m going to start working on my next response, but I may wait to give a chance for others to post as well :D

Edit: Oop, someone just did post! I’ll get in mine right away!))
((OOC: @/LeeXeno Thanks! It looks good, but just one thing. Seiche is probably around the same size or larger than Ryma, and Vida would be of a similar size to or larger than Seiche. From some quick sifting through Dragon Search, SD adults seem to average at 3-5 m (length), undertide hatchlings at around 4-6 m, and mirrors at around 5-7 m. Also, Ryma is on the smaller side in my head.
Sorry to be nitpick-y, but I just thought I’d mention it as you wrote that Ryma was a “much larger creature.”
Thanks for responding and rewriting so quickly, I’m so excited to finally get into the RP! I’m going to start working on my next response, but I may wait to give a chance for others to post as well :D

Edit: Oop, someone just did post! I’ll get in mine right away!))
Call me Dark!
She/Her
((Sorry I've been nonexistent for days. I do intend to reply, just between holidays and not quite knowing where I want to go, well, it hasn't happened yet.))
((Sorry I've been nonexistent for days. I do intend to reply, just between holidays and not quite knowing where I want to go, well, it hasn't happened yet.))
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
(( similarly, i've been busy with holiday and life stuff (again) but rest assured, my little guy /is/ gonna form themself at some point-- i also am trying to gauge when a good time for that would be ))
(( similarly, i've been busy with holiday and life stuff (again) but rest assured, my little guy /is/ gonna form themself at some point-- i also am trying to gauge when a good time for that would be ))
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
(ooc: THE GOLEM AND RUSSELL NEED TO BE FRIENDS AT THIS POINT XD, IDK WHY BUT YES

Also rock conversing with giant snake, a normal sight indeed)

Russell/Jagged cliffs/Goelm, Arlo

Oh finally some direction! And the sun was rising! Finally some light! And finally some sense of direction!

Surprisingly the Auraboa couldn’t spot the glow of the starwood strand in the night. But now she had some sense of direction. “Thank you thank you thank you-“ she said to the golem, her feathers sticking up and wiggling with happiness. She was about to take off and head home when she heard something near them.

It was some bird examining a… mask? Russell turned her head in confusion. Does this mask belong to someone? Was it out to… steal it? Steal the mask from whoever owned it?

Using her long serpentine body, Russell sweeper her tail towards the mask, flicking it to her direction. Ah. Now it was more clear what it was. This seemed to be made to fit a dragon, with a white bird like skull adorned with orange feathers. It was too small to fit Russell though. So it wasn’t her’s…

“This seems to belong to a dragon.” She said, showing the skull to the golem. “It’s just a headdress. Not a real dragon skull.”
(ooc: THE GOLEM AND RUSSELL NEED TO BE FRIENDS AT THIS POINT XD, IDK WHY BUT YES

Also rock conversing with giant snake, a normal sight indeed)

Russell/Jagged cliffs/Goelm, Arlo

Oh finally some direction! And the sun was rising! Finally some light! And finally some sense of direction!

Surprisingly the Auraboa couldn’t spot the glow of the starwood strand in the night. But now she had some sense of direction. “Thank you thank you thank you-“ she said to the golem, her feathers sticking up and wiggling with happiness. She was about to take off and head home when she heard something near them.

It was some bird examining a… mask? Russell turned her head in confusion. Does this mask belong to someone? Was it out to… steal it? Steal the mask from whoever owned it?

Using her long serpentine body, Russell sweeper her tail towards the mask, flicking it to her direction. Ah. Now it was more clear what it was. This seemed to be made to fit a dragon, with a white bird like skull adorned with orange feathers. It was too small to fit Russell though. So it wasn’t her’s…

“This seems to belong to a dragon.” She said, showing the skull to the golem. “It’s just a headdress. Not a real dragon skull.”
xpxalNl.gif
((OOC: i was basing seiche's length on being slightly smaller than usual, even still at the size of a hatchling! (she's only 1.82m length wise!) if that's okay with everyone here ofc! and i don't mind ryma being on the smaller side either (i didn't mean to assume dragon sizes so feel free to correct me if i'm off!)))
((OOC: i was basing seiche's length on being slightly smaller than usual, even still at the size of a hatchling! (she's only 1.82m length wise!) if that's okay with everyone here ofc! and i don't mind ryma being on the smaller side either (i didn't mean to assume dragon sizes so feel free to correct me if i'm off!)))
pings are welcomed!
fr +3 | est/edt
isfp | capricorn
i love the color green
jilian
xxxxxxx J0iUWhB.png
5Hr7pRA.png
DGTLR6o.png
3CInD4g.png
Dmsnoiy.png
x mneBrSJ.png hello, ur
a cutie
((OOC: Oh! I see that now. Maybe what I saw was partially grown ones? That or she’s just pretty small/short! Idk why I didn’t just look at Seiche to find her size, lol. While I have yet to breedchange Ryma, I imagine her as being pretty small. Not necessarily in length but just overall, if that’s good with you guys.))
((OOC: Oh! I see that now. Maybe what I saw was partially grown ones? That or she’s just pretty small/short! Idk why I didn’t just look at Seiche to find her size, lol. While I have yet to breedchange Ryma, I imagine her as being pretty small. Not necessarily in length but just overall, if that’s good with you guys.))
Call me Dark!
She/Her
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8