Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Prisoners Tales
1 2 ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431
If it weren't for her training, Moon would have jumped straight out of her skin at Ukryty's unexpected words. She whirled, saw the skydancer-shifter, and brought both knives up.
"I don't know what papers you're talking about, but if you're standing here instead of inside one of the cells, then you can probably take me where I want to go."
Moon pointed one of the knives at the shifter and glared from behind it.
"If you are one of the gaurds, like I suspect you are, then you know why I was in a cell, you know what I can do with these, and you'll take me wherever they're keeping my weapons. From there... well, from there, we'll see if you can be useful or if you can die like the rest."
If it weren't for her training, Moon would have jumped straight out of her skin at Ukryty's unexpected words. She whirled, saw the skydancer-shifter, and brought both knives up.
"I don't know what papers you're talking about, but if you're standing here instead of inside one of the cells, then you can probably take me where I want to go."
Moon pointed one of the knives at the shifter and glared from behind it.
"If you are one of the gaurds, like I suspect you are, then you know why I was in a cell, you know what I can do with these, and you'll take me wherever they're keeping my weapons. From there... well, from there, we'll see if you can be useful or if you can die like the rest."
many places I have been, many sorrows I have seen, but I don't regret, nor will I forget, those who took that road with me
Perditus shivered, then raised his head, a strangled gargle crept from him as he tried to speak. Irrus blinked at him, then chuckled "Sorry, what was that?" The pearlcatcher coughed, shook his head and growled "Ohhh, angry, angry, haha!"

She didn't seem phased by a knife being pointed at in her, in fact, she seemed rather intrigued, leaning forward "Sharp, keen, taken from the nest, molten by the lands blood" Ukryty blinked as Echo reminded her of the question she'd been asked. The 'skydancer' fixed her burning gaze tightly on Moons "You? We have no paper of you, I have no paper of you and Echo has no paper of you." She leaned back, still keeping her gaze unsettlingly fixed on Moons "We don't know you, but we have seen what blades do, what claws do" Ukryty clapped her claws together with a giggle, thoughts dragged sideways "Playing, playing! Sweep the valley, many games, sweep the caves, many rests, the door is locked, the door is closed" She grinned "Sleep in the dark, in the dark!"

Skade flared his crests in response, somehow managing to scowl even more "Respected? Oh yeah, I like that" He slammed a front foot on the ground, long suppressed anger seeping through into his voice and making his wings shake "Who, doesn't, hmmmmmmm???" The mirror dug his claws into the ground, still shaking "But, m'e? Hah! No-one ever gives it to m'e. I have to claw it out" Skade glared up at Eagle, furious "Give m'e a good reason as to why I should CARE, Fluffball. I ent ever gonna get what I want, even som'ething as sim'ple as respect-" His voice had risen to a near shout. Grumbling, Skade tucked his wings close to himself, looked away, then looked back, pretending to be calm "No m'atter what I do, I get nowhere, so, Gaoler, why, should, I, care?"

"Time does that-" Skel looked a little worried "Vagor?" She rolled her eyes "What you trying to kill him for? He's pretty much harmless" The mirror chuckled at a memory "Unless you get him talking about something called quantum physics, then prepare to get your ears chatted off" She swished her tail "I don't understand any of what he's going on about, but he seems happy" Skel paused in her sorting "Although sometimes he seems a bit like he, I don't really know how to phrase it, forgets he's dragon? Like he wasn't always one? But what on Sorneith would he be if not a dragon?" She spread her wings wide "We and the beast clans are the only sentient things around. And beastclans can't turn into dragons"

(Hm, must be in a writing mood today, everyone gets a paragraph!)
Perditus shivered, then raised his head, a strangled gargle crept from him as he tried to speak. Irrus blinked at him, then chuckled "Sorry, what was that?" The pearlcatcher coughed, shook his head and growled "Ohhh, angry, angry, haha!"

She didn't seem phased by a knife being pointed at in her, in fact, she seemed rather intrigued, leaning forward "Sharp, keen, taken from the nest, molten by the lands blood" Ukryty blinked as Echo reminded her of the question she'd been asked. The 'skydancer' fixed her burning gaze tightly on Moons "You? We have no paper of you, I have no paper of you and Echo has no paper of you." She leaned back, still keeping her gaze unsettlingly fixed on Moons "We don't know you, but we have seen what blades do, what claws do" Ukryty clapped her claws together with a giggle, thoughts dragged sideways "Playing, playing! Sweep the valley, many games, sweep the caves, many rests, the door is locked, the door is closed" She grinned "Sleep in the dark, in the dark!"

Skade flared his crests in response, somehow managing to scowl even more "Respected? Oh yeah, I like that" He slammed a front foot on the ground, long suppressed anger seeping through into his voice and making his wings shake "Who, doesn't, hmmmmmmm???" The mirror dug his claws into the ground, still shaking "But, m'e? Hah! No-one ever gives it to m'e. I have to claw it out" Skade glared up at Eagle, furious "Give m'e a good reason as to why I should CARE, Fluffball. I ent ever gonna get what I want, even som'ething as sim'ple as respect-" His voice had risen to a near shout. Grumbling, Skade tucked his wings close to himself, looked away, then looked back, pretending to be calm "No m'atter what I do, I get nowhere, so, Gaoler, why, should, I, care?"

"Time does that-" Skel looked a little worried "Vagor?" She rolled her eyes "What you trying to kill him for? He's pretty much harmless" The mirror chuckled at a memory "Unless you get him talking about something called quantum physics, then prepare to get your ears chatted off" She swished her tail "I don't understand any of what he's going on about, but he seems happy" Skel paused in her sorting "Although sometimes he seems a bit like he, I don't really know how to phrase it, forgets he's dragon? Like he wasn't always one? But what on Sorneith would he be if not a dragon?" She spread her wings wide "We and the beast clans are the only sentient things around. And beastclans can't turn into dragons"

(Hm, must be in a writing mood today, everyone gets a paragraph!)
When worry's never helping, tell me, why, why, worry at all?
a53b2111-a1df-11e9-8792-cdcee464383f.gif
Continuum rift RP
Moon turned to Echo, looking puzzled, but kept the dagger pointed.
"Is this one always this... incoherent? Can you make any sense of what they're saying?"
She shook her head rapidly, as if to clear it, but kept her eyes on the two travellers, which was unnerving, happening at the same time.
"Well, that's beside the point. If you don't know who I am, allow me to educate you. I am -- well, I was -- the most skilled assasin on Sornieth. My name is Moon. I've killed kings. Emporers. Priests with the powers of gods. I had never met a challenge that I couldn't defeat... and then, suddenly, I was. I have so much blood on my claws, and now? Now it's all for nothing. For that, I'm going to kill everyone who kept me in that blasted cell, starting with the gaurds of this god-forsaken prison. Now take me to myy weapons, or I'll open you two up like coconuts."
(More history coming later)
Moon turned to Echo, looking puzzled, but kept the dagger pointed.
"Is this one always this... incoherent? Can you make any sense of what they're saying?"
She shook her head rapidly, as if to clear it, but kept her eyes on the two travellers, which was unnerving, happening at the same time.
"Well, that's beside the point. If you don't know who I am, allow me to educate you. I am -- well, I was -- the most skilled assasin on Sornieth. My name is Moon. I've killed kings. Emporers. Priests with the powers of gods. I had never met a challenge that I couldn't defeat... and then, suddenly, I was. I have so much blood on my claws, and now? Now it's all for nothing. For that, I'm going to kill everyone who kept me in that blasted cell, starting with the gaurds of this god-forsaken prison. Now take me to myy weapons, or I'll open you two up like coconuts."
(More history coming later)
many places I have been, many sorrows I have seen, but I don't regret, nor will I forget, those who took that road with me
Shijie frowned. "I have no knowledge of these... quantum physics. I don't need to kill him. Sweet little Irrus-" she gestured roughly at the wall "-is doing the job right now." The wildclaw expertly applied a herb to her tail, making the most out of the healing juices. "I... I see into the spirit world, and I see his life force fading. His blood will water the seeds of vengeance that sprout about the pearlcatchrr filth."

"Maybe-Maybe if you were a bit nicer, people would respect you." Eagle reasoned, slowly tilting his head. He took another step forward. "I think the wild-The Wanderer respects you, if only for your skill and use in a fight. Bet she wishes you were De Lano. Are you sure no warrior blood runs through your veins?"

(Typing on phone does not put me in a writing mood, but i'm always in a writing mood, soooo-)
Shijie frowned. "I have no knowledge of these... quantum physics. I don't need to kill him. Sweet little Irrus-" she gestured roughly at the wall "-is doing the job right now." The wildclaw expertly applied a herb to her tail, making the most out of the healing juices. "I... I see into the spirit world, and I see his life force fading. His blood will water the seeds of vengeance that sprout about the pearlcatchrr filth."

"Maybe-Maybe if you were a bit nicer, people would respect you." Eagle reasoned, slowly tilting his head. He took another step forward. "I think the wild-The Wanderer respects you, if only for your skill and use in a fight. Bet she wishes you were De Lano. Are you sure no warrior blood runs through your veins?"

(Typing on phone does not put me in a writing mood, but i'm always in a writing mood, soooo-)
6iOpr3w.pngCheuG1b.png
Perditus Vagor thrashed to life, his voice doubled "I am right to be angered!" He clutched at his head, struggling to stay in "You put me back! Back were I got stuck!"
Irrus dramatically threw his head back "Ohhh nooo. Oh my goodness. Howwwww-" He leant forward with a grin "Unfortunate"
"You-ou! Agh-" The pearlcatcher crashed back down to the floor, words lost to incomprehensible snarling. Perditus lunged forward, latching his jaws onto the nearest bar.

(You can't see Echo, she's currently hidden, Only hear her when she speaks. Although I now realise I didn't clarify that earlier, oops.)

Ukryty rolled her head around, half singing "Coconuts, coconuts. Coco-nut, cocococococo nut-" She suddenly grabbed the dagger by its blade, applying enough pressure to hold it, but not enough to cut "In the shadow, in the rafters" Her eyes glittered and had a doubled look to them, as if someone else was peering through "Quiet blade, sneaking blade. Knock on the wall to get the silent daggers service" The 'Skydancer' shook her wings in a silent laugh "He'll answer your call, and by next morn, a scorched fang there shall be. Pay the fee, or you'll be the price" Ukryty jerked her head to one side, then spoke in a different voice
"We do not know of you"
"No papers! Not even scrambled code. My and your vital wires hold no lines of one such as you named Moon" Ukryty shook her head, then grinned and pulled Moon closer by her blade "Outside I am what you see, Inside I am not what any should ever see. Challenges here, challengers there, but you are in The River while I and we run alongside"

Skade laughed, falsely smiling "Oh, be nicer?" He snarled at the floor, then back up at Eagle "I tried that. Gave up, a long tim'e ago" The mirror flared his frills, dismissively waving a front foot "Oh sure she does. Showed it real well" Skade picked furiously at his armour "Warrior blood. Hmh. Don't got no warrior in m'e, apart fro'm what I put there m'yself"

Skel smacked one of her plants in surprise, then tutted and pushed it back into place "Irrus? IRRUS!" She threw her head back in annoyance "Who, by all the gods that ever were, decided that moving that Spiral up was a good idea?!" The mirror fumbled with supplies, then closely peered at one of the plants "An utter menace, he is. A danger to everyone" She nodded at Shijie "Would try to find a way to hurt even you, if he could get here" After a bit of careful consideration, Skel pushed another plant through the bars "I saw it in his eyes. A bandit, yes, but there's something else too. And its a lot darker than just a bandit"
She tucked away her plants "Is enacting vengeance on all, because of the actions of one, the right thing? What of hatchlings? Their minds are empty, they know nothing of what is right or wrong. Acts of violence might push them away, make them hate you, where they would not have originally" The mirror sighed down into her claws "To change it all would take so long and is so hard... I am only one dragon, I can't help everyone, and even if I could, there are those who just Will Not Listen"

(Tune in tonight, for Philosophy with Skel)
Perditus Vagor thrashed to life, his voice doubled "I am right to be angered!" He clutched at his head, struggling to stay in "You put me back! Back were I got stuck!"
Irrus dramatically threw his head back "Ohhh nooo. Oh my goodness. Howwwww-" He leant forward with a grin "Unfortunate"
"You-ou! Agh-" The pearlcatcher crashed back down to the floor, words lost to incomprehensible snarling. Perditus lunged forward, latching his jaws onto the nearest bar.

(You can't see Echo, she's currently hidden, Only hear her when she speaks. Although I now realise I didn't clarify that earlier, oops.)

Ukryty rolled her head around, half singing "Coconuts, coconuts. Coco-nut, cocococococo nut-" She suddenly grabbed the dagger by its blade, applying enough pressure to hold it, but not enough to cut "In the shadow, in the rafters" Her eyes glittered and had a doubled look to them, as if someone else was peering through "Quiet blade, sneaking blade. Knock on the wall to get the silent daggers service" The 'Skydancer' shook her wings in a silent laugh "He'll answer your call, and by next morn, a scorched fang there shall be. Pay the fee, or you'll be the price" Ukryty jerked her head to one side, then spoke in a different voice
"We do not know of you"
"No papers! Not even scrambled code. My and your vital wires hold no lines of one such as you named Moon" Ukryty shook her head, then grinned and pulled Moon closer by her blade "Outside I am what you see, Inside I am not what any should ever see. Challenges here, challengers there, but you are in The River while I and we run alongside"

Skade laughed, falsely smiling "Oh, be nicer?" He snarled at the floor, then back up at Eagle "I tried that. Gave up, a long tim'e ago" The mirror flared his frills, dismissively waving a front foot "Oh sure she does. Showed it real well" Skade picked furiously at his armour "Warrior blood. Hmh. Don't got no warrior in m'e, apart fro'm what I put there m'yself"

Skel smacked one of her plants in surprise, then tutted and pushed it back into place "Irrus? IRRUS!" She threw her head back in annoyance "Who, by all the gods that ever were, decided that moving that Spiral up was a good idea?!" The mirror fumbled with supplies, then closely peered at one of the plants "An utter menace, he is. A danger to everyone" She nodded at Shijie "Would try to find a way to hurt even you, if he could get here" After a bit of careful consideration, Skel pushed another plant through the bars "I saw it in his eyes. A bandit, yes, but there's something else too. And its a lot darker than just a bandit"
She tucked away her plants "Is enacting vengeance on all, because of the actions of one, the right thing? What of hatchlings? Their minds are empty, they know nothing of what is right or wrong. Acts of violence might push them away, make them hate you, where they would not have originally" The mirror sighed down into her claws "To change it all would take so long and is so hard... I am only one dragon, I can't help everyone, and even if I could, there are those who just Will Not Listen"

(Tune in tonight, for Philosophy with Skel)
Continuum rift RP
(sorry bout my extended absence gang. School work got a bit out of hand. I'm on break now for a bit so I should be able to get something out at some point. Most likely after christmas? I'm really fond of the new breeds lore tho and super excited to write one so I may add a new girl soon. Possibly really soon cus I very badly want to play one of these freaks.)
(In terms of my characters: The imp will stay eepy sleeping and healing. Peony is watching and plotting and sensing disturbances in magic forces.)
(sorry bout my extended absence gang. School work got a bit out of hand. I'm on break now for a bit so I should be able to get something out at some point. Most likely after christmas? I'm really fond of the new breeds lore tho and super excited to write one so I may add a new girl soon. Possibly really soon cus I very badly want to play one of these freaks.)
(In terms of my characters: The imp will stay eepy sleeping and healing. Peony is watching and plotting and sensing disturbances in magic forces.)
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=44&bodygene=251&breed=24&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=219&winggene=256&wings=44&auth=5464678c6eeda76c78cd9000b7f37c895f011bad&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Somewhere deep within the cells of solitary something stirred. A wyrm was barely contained within the poorly maintained metallic confines. A low sound emanated from the long bodied beast. Like the straining creak of old machinery upon finally awakening after prolonged disuse. Cold scales shook as muscles below stretched and contracted. The wyrm’s form twitched as it tested how the body fared after such a long rest. It had been a long time since it was introduced to this place. This cold pit under a hidden sky. It was so different from the world it knew before. That lush land it still visits in her dreams and in the minds of others. It had been poached before the rest of its kind were ready to be known. Curiosity was not a trait fit for a secretive kind. The wrym lifted its wide and feather-framed head from the neat coils of its tail. Two large eyes opened and gentle light flooded the cell. It was not much, only as much light as it wanted. It was as if a candle had been lit atop its head. The added light was unneeded however. The dim lighting of the prison was enough for it to see what it was interested in. Down the hall it felt three dragons meet. One of which it had heard before in its mind. It had been plotting and now it seems that plan was in action. The other two were unknown to it. They seemed to be linked together in some way. It leaned its head forward until the cold metal touched its nose. Quietly, it peered out at the two dragons. (very rushed oof-) ---- The imperial's face was stuck in a scrunched and uncomfortable grimace. His scratched face leaned limp against the wall and the rest of his body was the same. Strewn across the floor his form twitched uneasily. He wanted to wake but he did not control this sleep. He was locked in an subconscious battle between obsession and self preservation. To wake would mean he could continue his duty, he could not be certain it would be done well in his absence. To wake would be at the cost of his health. He was in no condition to work and he was required to stay still for the sake of his dressings. A gargling growl, soft and incoherent, escaped from a maw slick with old blood. The imperial's eyes were closed tight and a twitch brought his head to rest more comfortably on the ground.
dragon?age=1&body=44&bodygene=251&breed=24&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=219&winggene=256&wings=44&auth=5464678c6eeda76c78cd9000b7f37c895f011bad&dummyext=prev.png
Somewhere deep within the cells of solitary something stirred. A wyrm was barely contained within the poorly maintained metallic confines. A low sound emanated from the long bodied beast. Like the straining creak of old machinery upon finally awakening after prolonged disuse. Cold scales shook as muscles below stretched and contracted. The wyrm’s form twitched as it tested how the body fared after such a long rest.

It had been a long time since it was introduced to this place. This cold pit under a hidden sky. It was so different from the world it knew before. That lush land it still visits in her dreams and in the minds of others. It had been poached before the rest of its kind were ready to be known. Curiosity was not a trait fit for a secretive kind.

The wrym lifted its wide and feather-framed head from the neat coils of its tail. Two large eyes opened and gentle light flooded the cell. It was not much, only as much light as it wanted. It was as if a candle had been lit atop its head. The added light was unneeded however. The dim lighting of the prison was enough for it to see what it was interested in.

Down the hall it felt three dragons meet. One of which it had heard before in its mind. It had been plotting and now it seems that plan was in action. The other two were unknown to it. They seemed to be linked together in some way.

It leaned its head forward until the cold metal touched its nose. Quietly, it peered out at the two dragons.

(very rushed oof-) ----

The imperial's face was stuck in a scrunched and uncomfortable grimace. His scratched face leaned limp against the wall and the rest of his body was the same. Strewn across the floor his form twitched uneasily. He wanted to wake but he did not control this sleep. He was locked in an subconscious battle between obsession and self preservation.

To wake would mean he could continue his duty, he could not be certain it would be done well in his absence. To wake would be at the cost of his health. He was in no condition to work and he was required to stay still for the sake of his dressings.

A gargling growl, soft and incoherent, escaped from a maw slick with old blood. The imperial's eyes were closed tight and a twitch brought his head to rest more comfortably on the ground.
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png
(Hey guys, I won't be on during Winter Break, which will last until Monday the 8th. I will be back, so don't panic. See you next year!)
(Hey guys, I won't be on during Winter Break, which will last until Monday the 8th. I will be back, so don't panic. See you next year!)
(ooo, pretty dragon)

(ok Dragon!)
(ooo, pretty dragon)

(ok Dragon!)
Continuum rift RP
(Can I get that on my TV? Sounds like a great program to watch. Channel "Sornieth Forums 14", right? I want to hear mirror philosophy.)
(Also, I suddenly love Skel's behaviour. She's pretty much clueless of De Lano stuff [unless you wanna add smt in?], so Shi gets to have fun with her.)

"Sorry, can't Listen. It's hard, but when something has been in your mind eince your own hatchling dsys, it will not be beaten out. Now by words, not by blows." Shijie's grayish eye focused on Skel more clearly. "I urge you not to try. The gaolers did, and they messed up badly." She examined the next herb carefully, judging where to put it. "I don't like killing hatchlings, honestly. They're very loud, and technically unable to defend themselves, so slaughtering them goes severely against my few morals. But also, sometimes, why leave orphans?" She shrugged, plucking another loose feather from her tail before tutning to check up on her leg. The wildclaw briefly made a face before gingerly applying pressure to the limb.

"As for Irrus, well, I haven't died for a long time, so how easy the job would be is questionable. Anyways, how would you know? Lost someone to the 'menace'?" That grey eye was boring into and past Skel at the same time. The heavy slashes where her other socket was were not helping. "Bandits, hmm? They cause chaos, they rob travellers and hunt through the night. But they make many enemies, an unwise choice when the underworld is all you have." She flicked a claw at the ground. "Lots of others against you, few chances of living long, right? No time to heal when there's others after you."

Eagle gazed at Skade for a while before asking, almost shyly, "Who's Iris?" He moved back a little, almost as if he expected the mirror to attack at his question.

(Dark, I am still very curious. And if it's somewhere in the forum... I'm not reading 350 pages. Nadah. Thank you and you're welcome.)
(Tumbleweeds Teleoste Fishtastic! We didn't even have to use the magical power of violence to summon you back from the land of Hiatus this time!)
(Can I get that on my TV? Sounds like a great program to watch. Channel "Sornieth Forums 14", right? I want to hear mirror philosophy.)
(Also, I suddenly love Skel's behaviour. She's pretty much clueless of De Lano stuff [unless you wanna add smt in?], so Shi gets to have fun with her.)

"Sorry, can't Listen. It's hard, but when something has been in your mind eince your own hatchling dsys, it will not be beaten out. Now by words, not by blows." Shijie's grayish eye focused on Skel more clearly. "I urge you not to try. The gaolers did, and they messed up badly." She examined the next herb carefully, judging where to put it. "I don't like killing hatchlings, honestly. They're very loud, and technically unable to defend themselves, so slaughtering them goes severely against my few morals. But also, sometimes, why leave orphans?" She shrugged, plucking another loose feather from her tail before tutning to check up on her leg. The wildclaw briefly made a face before gingerly applying pressure to the limb.

"As for Irrus, well, I haven't died for a long time, so how easy the job would be is questionable. Anyways, how would you know? Lost someone to the 'menace'?" That grey eye was boring into and past Skel at the same time. The heavy slashes where her other socket was were not helping. "Bandits, hmm? They cause chaos, they rob travellers and hunt through the night. But they make many enemies, an unwise choice when the underworld is all you have." She flicked a claw at the ground. "Lots of others against you, few chances of living long, right? No time to heal when there's others after you."

Eagle gazed at Skade for a while before asking, almost shyly, "Who's Iris?" He moved back a little, almost as if he expected the mirror to attack at his question.

(Dark, I am still very curious. And if it's somewhere in the forum... I'm not reading 350 pages. Nadah. Thank you and you're welcome.)
(Tumbleweeds Teleoste Fishtastic! We didn't even have to use the magical power of violence to summon you back from the land of Hiatus this time!)
6iOpr3w.pngCheuG1b.png
1 2 ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431